Engineering needs ... AH Jeeves?

Can't help but notice my Engineer didn't get much for this expansion at all. All my other characters I'm making gold.

What if Engineers get an AH jeeves. 3hr CD or something, lasts ~20min. All auctions posted with ur AH jeeves you get a cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Can't help but notice my Engineer didn't get much for this expansion at all. All my other characters I'm making gold.

What if Engineers get an AH jeeves. 3hr CD or something, lasts ~20min. All auctions posted with ur AH jeeves you get a cut.
    The only trouble would be everyone would have one and it not get used.

Pretty much all the professions got f*cked this expansion, I mean... Wow I thought they did us dirty in BFA with all the ranks and pvp gear only being upgradable with Marks of Honor. I don't hold out much hope that they fix things or give us anything worthwhile. Enchanting making out like a damned bandit though after the initial grind to get max level.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Professions are almost pointless now, on an individual basis. Engineering I guess still has some personal perks like they always did, but nothing new. The others pretty much have nothing going on - the Tailoring cloth loot bonus is the only thing I can think of, and that's practically irrelevant. Heck, a lot of the time it's cheaper to buy the finished product on the AH rather than try and make it yourself, so there's not even a huge reason to HAVE professions outside of some profit options for financial players.

engineers can shut off the ooze pipes in De other side dungeon fyi. Making it so that the slimes stop moving and you can run past them.

It’s a bit cliché, but engineering never was about making money, the convenience items (Teleporters, cloak glider tinker, Jeeves, MOLL-E) are what makes engineering good, i went Venthyr on my engineer, the cloak alone saved me literal hours of looking for the safe way down from high places, not to mention the 15-minute CD teleporter, no more flying from SL zone to zone for me!

Horrible idea. And people finding that out many will just find someone with the Longboy mount or go to the capital city.

All auctions posted with ur AH jeeves you get a cut.
    Converting the game's gold sinks into something people will be obnoxious about doesn't sound like a great idea imo. Can't even imagine the raging that would happen the moment two people drop one at once, or when people try their damnedest to cover up someone else's AH because "they're stealing my well-deserved engineer-bux."

It would upset all the people who spent 5 million gold on a mount. The CD would have to be much longer, possibly a 2-4 day cool down to compensate. Even 1 day would be too short as (speculating) most players only ever need to visit the AH once a day, or even that.
    More realistically, and something I brought up in raid the other day, is it would be cool if Engi got a portable deployable barbershop.

Engineers already got access to the AH in expansion hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It’s a bit cliché, but engineering never was about making money, the convenience items (Teleporters, cloak glider tinker, Jeeves, MOLL-E) are what makes engineering good, i went Venthyr on my engineer, the cloak alone saved me literal hours of looking for the safe way down from high places, not to mention the 15-minute CD teleporter, no more flying from SL zone to zone for me!
    But even the goggles are useless, by the time you can craft them, ilvl 158 if I recall, you get a better drop in a Heroic. They can increase your Engineering, I think it's by +20, but you're already prof level capped to make them. No, Engineering REALLY got screwed this time. Every prof is useful and can make gold or something needed, But engineering only got the Shaft. Every Armor Crafter can make the Blanks needed for Legendaries, Same with JC, Inscriptionists make the Missives needed to put stats on said legendaries, and Tomes are expensive AF if you want to change a talent on the fly. Alchemy and Enchanting are making bank as usual, but engineers... get nothing. While I think it would be cool to make an Engineer Craft "AH Bot", make them Sellable on the AH, that's where they could make money, not getting a cut of Sales, no one would use them, or something... anything that people actually would want or need, that we could sell. BTW, you're wrong about, "engineering never was about making money," when Hunters used Ammo, Engineering made plenty of Money. I bought Epic Flying back in TBC 1 netherweave bag, and 1 stack of Ammo at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Engineers already got access to the AH in expansion hubs.
    and that's no longer special either, with all the AH mounts that just sit at the Oribos Inn.

Engineering should be folded into blacksmithing, imo.
    Honestly, inscription should be folded into another prof as well. These useless professions are boring. Better to condense them into something more meaningful.

Better to have less, but more impactful professions.

It's been the case for years now that there's little reason to level engineering at all, anything useful is either inherent (like AH) or from past expansions. I haven't levelled my engineering since WoD.

The spammable invis belt is pretty nice for getting around the maw and other places to just save a lot of time.

The belt invis i use allot, the gravity well you can use to basically fly in any zone, we can turn pipes off in a dungeon, free repair, extra mailbox and probs the best thing a 15min hearth to any zone, we even have our own combat rez and the army knife thing (saved many runs with that little gem).

I would love a personal AH also but honestly at this point engineering is already so far ahead of other proffs in terms of useful stuff it would not be fair. What we lack in gold making potential we more than make up for with utility and novelty items. We can still craft a few things for profit such as mounts and pets depending on server economy i made a fortune crafting those skygolem things using the trading post in garrisons.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-12-31 at 11:55 PM.

Engineering is best utility profession atm, not every prof should be for money making.

I ditched my crafting professions and got Herbalism/Skinning in the beginning of the Xpac. I do not regret this. Hides made so much Gold, it's ridiculous, while selling Herbs to my mates Guilds.
    But i do agree. Not too much to see with Engineering, besides some "personal" benefits while out there in the World. Most can be overcome with SL stuff tho I feel... (Parasol, Bastion Wings etc etc)

All of my chars have engineering for the QoL stuff. I can't play without the loot-a-rang-- it should be available to everybody. Nitro boosts and the goblin glider are also great. This expansion the teleport is excellent, gets you to Oribos every 15 min. Technically other zones too, but the destinations aren't near flightpoints so I don't use them much.