Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Yep. Those liberal cities are so bad that businesses kept flocking to them.
    They're good for business because they are population centers. They're bad for regular people who do not work in those valuable sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    "Oregon voters favored President Biden over former President Trump by a 56 percent to 40 percent margin in 2020, but voters in those five rural counties gave between 69 percent and 79 percent of the vote to Trump." Those percentages don't sound "tiny" to me.

Biden 51.4% / Trump 46.9%, a 4.5% majority that doesn't take into account a lot of factors like never-Trumpers who didn't agree with Biden's policies, but wanted Trump out of office, so the margin is likely even smaller.

Oh so 51.4% v 46.9% is not good enough then i guess we can just throw out the Oregon vote huh because most of them were not much bigger spread?
    Also the vote was not to secede, but to meet to discuss options.

Grant County. “Are you in favor of requiring the Grant County Court to meet and discuss relocating into the State of Idaho?” YES: 1,471 (62%) / NO: 895 (38%)

Lake County. Requiring the Board of Commissioners to meet three times each year to discuss the secession proposals. YES: 1,510 (75%) / NO: 513 (25%)

Malheur County. “Shall the County Court meet three times annually to discuss promoting Malheur County’s interests regarding relocation of the Oregon-Idaho border?” YES: 3,050 (54%) / NO: 2,572 (46%)

Sherman County. “Shall Sherman County be responsible for promoting moving Oregon-Idaho border to make Sherman County, Oregon a territory of Idaho?” YES: 429 (62%) / NO: 260 (38%)

Baker County. “Shall Commissioners meet three times annually to discuss promoting Baker County interests regarding relocating Idaho borders to include Baker County?” YES: 3,336 (57%) / NO: 2,469 (43%).

9,796 total votes in favor of "meeting", that's 64k population or 15%. That's tiny like i said. Overall in the state its .2% of the population. The very definition of TINY

You think Idaho is going to want these leeches from Oregon? They already soak up a disproportional amount of the state budget and federal funding per capita just what Idaho needs.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    they are actually underrepresented based on # of votes per resident. 12% of the population is 65 EC votes not 55 they are getting.
    But you are right on the other part.
    It's not much different in the EU. Why does Germany get so much fewer votes as everyone else compared to their population?

Oh so 51.4% v 46.9% is not good enough then i guess we can just throw out the Oregon vote huh because most of them were not much bigger spread?
    Also the vote was not to secede, but to meet to discuss options.

Grant County. “Are you in favor of requiring the Grant County Court to meet and discuss relocating into the State of Idaho?” YES: 1,471 (62%) / NO: 895 (38%)

Lake County. Requiring the Board of Commissioners to meet three times each year to discuss the secession proposals. YES: 1,510 (75%) / NO: 513 (25%)

Malheur County. “Shall the County Court meet three times annually to discuss promoting Malheur County’s interests regarding relocation of the Oregon-Idaho border?” YES: 3,050 (54%) / NO: 2,572 (46%)

Sherman County. “Shall Sherman County be responsible for promoting moving Oregon-Idaho border to make Sherman County, Oregon a territory of Idaho?” YES: 429 (62%) / NO: 260 (38%)

Baker County. “Shall Commissioners meet three times annually to discuss promoting Baker County interests regarding relocating Idaho borders to include Baker County?” YES: 3,336 (57%) / NO: 2,469 (43%).

9,796 total votes in favor of "meeting", that's 64k population or 15%. That's tiny like i said. Overall in the state its .2% of the population. The very definition of TINY

You think Idaho is going to want these leeches from Oregon? They already soak up a disproportional amount of the state budget and federal funding per capita just what Idaho needs.
    Yeah, as an Oregonian I can confirm that no one cares about what the crybaby counties want as they are vastly outnumbered.

If they're that unhappy they should just move. Which is exactly what I did...I just ran from a red state (AK) instead of to a red one.

I'm sure they can find a state that will put up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    I'm not American but I think it's bullshit how much say California has in the Electoral College. The EC as a whole seems outlandish and incredibly dumb/undemocratic to me.
    I don't think you quite understand our EC.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    0_o

...because it's one of the many boogeymen of American conservatives? Seems obvious.
    Why did the thread continue after this? Plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its always been envy.
    This sums up how CA thinks about other states, and on a bigger scope how the US thinks about other countries. The arrogance is showing. We don't want to be like you, stop shoving your bullshit down our throats. Just stop.

Titan
    California, being one of the most populace states in the USA is as likely to draw dislike as much as New York or Florida are. More so because US big tech has as much pull as Wall Street does now and they are all based in California.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    0_o

...because it's one of the many boogeymen of American conservatives? Seems obvious.
    As stated before, this is where the thread should end. People hate the "coastal elites" because conservative "media" tells them to.

Oh look actual data beats up "feelings" from the leaders of states like florida.

https://news.yahoo.com/lockdown-stat...153025163.html

'Lockdown' states like California did better economically than 'looser' states like Florida, new COVID data shows

Last week, this argument got a boost with the publication of a new report by economists at the University of California, Los Angeles. According to the latest quarterly UCLA Anderson Forecast, not only did big states with more stringent COVID measures end 2020 with fewer infections per capita, they also tended to post better economic growth numbers last year than states with fewer restrictions.

In other words, California’s economy actually fared better than Florida’s, texas and the other death states
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Oh look actual data beats up "feelings" from the leaders of states like florida.

'Lockdown' states like California did better economically than 'looser' states like Florida, new COVID data shows

Last week, this argument got a boost with the publication of a new report by economists at the University of California, Los Angeles. According to the latest quarterly UCLA Anderson Forecast, not only did big states with more stringent COVID measures end 2020 with fewer infections per capita, they also tended to post better economic growth numbers last year than states with fewer restrictions.

In other words, California’s economy actually fared better than Florida’s, texas and the other death states
    I mean, look at any country in Europe that took serious precautions and did lockdowns and gave public assistance where it was needed and see how COVID did very little to set those economies back, unlike.... well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, as an Oregonian I can confirm that no one cares about what the crybaby counties want as they are vastly outnumbered.

If they're that unhappy they should just move.
    Blacks make up 14% of the US population. If your core belief is that we should weigh the value of what people want based upon if they are vastly outnumbered or not, do you also say the same thing about blacks?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I understand where the article was coming from. However, I am not sure if comparing CA economy to other states is an apple to apple comparison. Just like everybody else, CA tourism, entertainment, hotel and dining sectors took a beating. However, all the other sectors grew. Tech had a crazy year. The three big ones (Apple, FB and Alphabet) doubled and tripled their revenue and profit. All the other tech companies were in the same boat. Docusign and Zoom more than tripled their revenue. Agriculture, mining, manufacturing, finance, real estate and construction expanded. Container traffic through the ports of LA, Long Beach and Oakland doubled. All the warehouse and shipping businesses in the Inland Empire were strained to capacity by the increased demand from on-line shopping and export/import volume. At one point last year, there were dozens of cargo ships anchored off the coast of CA waiting for a berth to unload.

In Texas case, the oil/gas industry, which account for 18% of the state’s economy, took a hard beating. In fact, TX GDP dropped by 84b in 2020. More than double that of CA GDP drop and almost triple by GDP percentage.

As for FL, despite all the talk about Miami being the new tech hub in the US, it is not even close. FL did not even make it into the top 10 states in term of venture capital funding. FL got beat by NC, MI, CO, IL, PA and GA which are much smaller states. It barely edged out MN. FL has a long way to go before it can consider itself a tech state.

Because California is basically exporting tons of people and businesses across the other states? They just lost a congressional seat for this reason. States resent out-of-towners competing for real estate etc.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Because California is basically exporting tons of people and businesses across the other states? They just lost a congressional seat for this reason. States resent out-of-towners competing for real estate etc.
    Well it had more to do with the loss of natural immigration to CA because of the policies of the prior administration then anything else. Covid was a close 2nd as being the root cause.

and the loss last year was .46% not exactly tons if you look at the net amount of people whom left the state.

As far as businesses based on economic growth and #'s in CA its still a huge net positive for CA even with some high profile corporate moves.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blacks make up 14% of the US population. If your core belief is that we should weigh the value of what people want based upon if they are vastly outnumbered or not, do you also say the same thing about blacks?
    When white people are as oppressed as blacks have been for the last 400+ years in the US, then we can talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it had more to do with the loss of natural immigration to CA because of the policies of the prior administration then anything else. Covid was a close 2nd as being the root cause.

and the loss last year was .46% not exactly tons if you look at the net amount of people whom left the state.

As far as businesses based on economic growth and #'s in CA its still a huge net positive for CA even with some high profile corporate moves.
    It also didn't help that Trump was trying to do anything he could to not count everyone like the Constitution explicitly states.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, all those other states should stop trying to get CA businesses to come their states. Or stop trying to recreate Silicon Valley in their states. You want Silicon Valley, you get Silicon Valley problems also.

Well let's see, maybe because its the most degenerate place on earth with sodomy being elevated to state religion. Commiefornia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    The whole country doesn't want its elections decided by CA & NY. California has the most republicans out of any state, but they're completely drowned out by democrats in the cities, it'd be the same thing across the US without the EC. The founders specifically did not want a democracy for that reason, which is why we have a republic. The political polarization has gotten so bad you now have multiple counties in Oregon (I've heard California as well) trying to separate and join Idaho because it'd better represent their interests and I think they should. There's no reason for Portland, for example, to dictate the policies of the whole state.
    I feel like this is close to self awarewolf territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhorde View Post
    Well let's see, maybe because its the most degenerate place on earth with sodomy being elevated to state religion. Commiefornia.
    Haven't had one of these nutcases in a while.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right