View Poll Results: Rate Shadowlands

Voters
991. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exellent: 9-10

    149 15.04%
  • Good: 7-8

    329 33.20%
  • OK: 5-6

    253 25.53%
  • Bad: 3-4

    161 16.25%
  • Horrible: 1-2

    99 9.99%
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you put Wrath as your nr1 you don't really have much ground to stand on when mocking other people's opinion lol
    Wrath is generally considered the best expansion. If your opinion differs, that's fine, but you have to realize you are in the minority. Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way, minus Naxx being too easy and ToC/ToGC being a 4x a week slog. Outside of that, it really didn't have any major flaws.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2021-04-15 at 12:03 AM.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Wrath is generally considered the best expansion. If your opinion differs, that's fine, but you have to realize you are in the minority. Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way, minus Naxx being too easy and ToC/ToGC being a 4x a week slog. Outside of that, it really didn't have any major flaws.
    For me it's flipped where it didn't really have any major standouts. Some zones were cool, Ulduar was definitely amazing. ICC was alright. Naxx was imo the worst raid tier I've ever had to play, Trial was so bad I took a break after clearing it because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

    I guess if you're a PVPer I could see why you would like it, but as a mostly PVEer myself Wotlk is very close to the bottom. Heck, even WoD which is down there for me as well had better raids overall.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It took you 2 1/2 months to respond with having zero proof? Why even respond in the first place?
    You have your proof from Blizzard now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    For me it's flipped where it didn't really have any major standouts. Some zones were cool, Ulduar was definitely amazing. ICC was alright. Naxx was imo the worst raid tier I've ever had to play, Trial was so bad I took a break after clearing it because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

    I guess if you're a PVPer I could see why you would like it, but as a mostly PVEer myself Wotlk is very close to the bottom. Heck, even WoD which is down there for me as well had better raids overall.
    We need to consider each expansion in the context of its relative time.

    In terms of absolute comparison, Vanilla, TBC, Wrath had much less content and worse QoL than modern expansions for sure.

    But when we compare them to other games on the market at its time, they are undoubtedly very successful.

    It is a matter of how the games evolved compared to how the gamers evolved.

  4. #364
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way,
    hahahhaha

    Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

    But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

    Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hahahhaha

    Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

    But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

    Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    Imagine that people dont play for raids. Hard pill to swallow eh? Wrath was good because everything else was good. And it did not shift target audience from vanilla -> wotlk casuals were MAIN target audience. It's the cata that tried that and failed miserably (refer to ghostcrawler tweet).

    In the other post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Wotlk-classic while stats are skewed because its forum, its pretty impressive how many want to come back or switch. And couple of my friends who quit retail (including me) are planning to go play as well.

    Its not rose tinted glasses, its your inability to understand that different people want different things from a game.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You have your proof from Blizzard now.
    This doesn't even make sense. I understand you have no proof, just admit it and move on.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    Not everyone who is pleased with this game is a "fanboy". I dislike SL so far, i dont enjoy most of its cool features like boreghast or maw or that really boring leggy system.
    But most of the poeple who dislike SL have already unsubbed, and i doubt that the majority will wow related threads or take part on a poll like this. So of course a lot of ppl that are still here like the game and therefore voted for it.
    And before u ask, the main reason i am still here (and subbed) is my guild and loyality....and the hope for better times

  9. #369
    I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..



    I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    Last edited by Kixxenn; 2021-05-05 at 12:45 PM.

  10. #370
    Bloodsail Admiral Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal
    Posts
    1,052
    I guess it heavily depends on which player type you are.

    For me as a casual alt-army player, this expansion is horribly boring as hell. I play WoW daily, but I just farm tmogs.
    I hate the zones, I hate the lore, I hate the whole tmog sets in covenants, I hate the travel system, I hate Sylvanas, I freaking hate SL.
    Still loving WoW though, I guess I am hopeless xD
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle | Farodin - My personal Kaldorei army <3 I miss Bfa

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Imagine that people dont play for raids. Hard pill to swallow eh? Wrath was good because everything else was good. And it did not shift target audience from vanilla -> wotlk casuals were MAIN target audience. It's the cata that tried that and failed miserably (refer to ghostcrawler tweet).

    In the other post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Wotlk-classic while stats are skewed because its forum, its pretty impressive how many want to come back or switch. And couple of my friends who quit retail (including me) are planning to go play as well.

    Its not rose tinted glasses, its your inability to understand that different people want different things from a game.
    Actually Wrath didnt have much outside of raiding. Most people remember the expansion at the end of it not what it was like progressing through. In the first patches you basically had raiding, farming mats/gold and crafting and rep gains or PvP. Dungeons were obsolete in a few weeks and the only reason alot of the groups were doing them was for the emblems. Crafted gear was almost worthless aswell. Wintergrasp was an absolute failure at the start if you played on a faction without close to parity numbers on the server. Raids were accessible though and seeing as Naxx was so stupidly easy meant it was easy for guilds to dabble and PuG. The additions later on made it have far more to do (Argent tourny dailies etc plus new dungeon, then 3 more dungeons with the next raid etc).

    What it did have was a good story to quest through, the first 2-3 times anyway and good lore to back onto plus good tempo.

    But seriously, if Wrath had never happened back when it did, and they were releasing it for the first time ever now, the complaints would make Shadowlands sound like the best game ever in comparison. Reused 2x raids. A dungeon and raid using 1 room which was the same for both. Tier gear for doing 5-10minute heroic clears. Vehicle boss fights. Hard mode switch ons which could be easily accidentally toggled resulting in a missed lockout, reused armor models, cutting a major announcement that they had been hyping for months and players were really looking forward too, absolutely horrible balance for classes etc. People complained just like now aswell, just it wasnt as obvious and in prevalent, seeing as forums etc were less utilised back then.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Imagine that people dont play for raids. Hard pill to swallow eh? Wrath was good because everything else was good. And it did not shift target audience from vanilla -> wotlk casuals were MAIN target audience. It's the cata that tried that and failed miserably (refer to ghostcrawler tweet).

    In the other post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Wotlk-classic while stats are skewed because its forum, its pretty impressive how many want to come back or switch. And couple of my friends who quit retail (including me) are planning to go play as well.

    Its not rose tinted glasses, its your inability to understand that different people want different things from a game.
    ah yes the famed non-raid content of wrath.

    The notoriously challengeing dungeons... oh wait... the dungs that we blitzed throu while still in tbc gear...

    But the long ardous repgrind... oh wait.. the thing we got as a side reward from just running dungs and was done in a week or two..

    But the profession grind! So long and.... wait a sec, there was none, we got all recepies from a vendor and we were done in a day...

    Just what kind of content did you play in wrath that wasn't raids honestly? Wintergrasp?, that place where one faction had 20ppl with 20 tenacity buffs and the other faction having 200ppl? I get arenas, but that might be the only thing that wasn't butchered content wise. But after having dinged 80, what did you do and what did you find so great?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    ah yes the famed non-raid content of wrath.

    The notoriously challengeing dungeons... oh wait... the dungs that we blitzed throu while still in tbc gear...

    But the long ardous repgrind... oh wait.. the thing we got as a side reward from just running dungs and was done in a week or two..

    But the profession grind! So long and.... wait a sec, there was none, we got all recepies from a vendor and we were done in a day...

    Just what kind of content did you play in wrath that wasn't raids honestly? Wintergrasp?, that place where one faction had 20ppl with 20 tenacity buffs and the other faction having 200ppl? I get arenas, but that might be the only thing that wasn't butchered content wise. But after having dinged 80, what did you do and what did you find so great?
    Actually JC and Inscription had a very painful crafting recipe grind. Stupid drop rates and dailies to get recipes was one of my most hated parts of Wrath as my Paladin was my JC, still never got all the recipes for him as CBF doing the dailies.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..

    I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    nice dress. Ill take that but only if they also throw in a real archetypical wizard robe. The cloaks we have now as way too small!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Actually JC and Inscription had a very painful crafting recipe grind. Stupid drop rates and dailies to get recipes was one of my most hated parts of Wrath as my Paladin was my JC, still never got all the recipes for him as CBF doing the dailies.
    oh yeah thats actually true, we got 1 recepie a day from the daily stuff. The had to pick wisely wich one we wanted from the vendor. id actually forgotten about that.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  15. #375
    Shadowlands is...ok? It's boring as fuck though. Soulbinds and Conduits are far less annoying than people claim, really. Gear Drops in Raids are irritating, World Quests are bland and uninspired (Like always lol) + being downright worthless, and it just seems like there's nothing going on atm, even in patch 9.1 outside of the new raid.

    4/10 to 5/10. The expansion is essentially not good, but in the opposite way of BFA. While BFA had too much of nothing to offer in 8.0, SL has like...so little to offer, half the content either feels not worth it, or just...lazy? Torghast isn't that big a chore, outside of the worthless Twisting Corridors, but still.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..



    I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    Mogs like that picture will help the subs for sure

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Shadowlands is...ok? It's boring as fuck though. Soulbinds and Conduits are far less annoying than people claim, really. Gear Drops in Raids are irritating, World Quests are bland and uninspired (Like always lol) + being downright worthless, and it just seems like there's nothing going on atm, even in patch 9.1 outside of the new raid.

    4/10 to 5/10. The expansion is essentially not good, but in the opposite way of BFA. While BFA had too much of nothing to offer in 8.0, SL has like...so little to offer, half the content either feels not worth it, or just...lazy? Torghast isn't that big a chore, outside of the worthless Twisting Corridors, but still.
    SL is horrible for casual players for sure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This doesn't even make sense. I understand you have no proof, just admit it and move on.
    Just check Blizzard quarterly earning call. But I don't think you are capable of reading or understanding it though. There is really no need to reply.

  17. #377
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Just check Blizzard quarterly earning call. But I don't think you are capable of reading or understanding it though. There is really no need to reply.
    All the earning calls said is that they are up 7% in earnings and more people are buying the expan when compared to other ones, that doesn’t make the case for loss in subs.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    All the earning calls said is that they are up 7% in earnings and more people are buying the expan when compared to other ones, that doesn’t make the case for loss in subs.
    Less players but higher result, means record high micro-transactions.

    More store mounts, pets, gear, tokens incoming.

  19. #379
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Less players but higher result, means record high micro-transactions.

    More store mounts, pets, gear, tokens incoming.
    That’s not really how things work.

    If there were more players coming In there would assumably be more people who don’t have the shop stuff buying them for the first time leading to higher results.

    While if there were less people assumedly old time players they would likely have most of the shop stuff already which would mean less people to sell it to and less results.

    The only real way less players could =more results would be if they added a ton of new stuff to the shop in this quarter or new reasons to use services like race changes which they haven’t done.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2021-05-05 at 05:26 PM.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s not really how things work.

    If there were more players coming In there would assumably be more people who don’t have the shop stuff buying them for the first time leading to higher results.

    While if there were less people assumedly old time players they would likely have most of the shop stuff already which would mean less people to sell it to and less results.

    The only real way less players could =more results would be if they added a ton of new stuff to the shop in this quarter or new reasons to use services like race changes which they haven’t done.
    Just to be clear, the 7% earning increase is Blizzard's global revenue, not just wow. And the 5 millions MAU decrease is also for all Blizzard games, not just wow.

    But, no matter which game it is, if there is less active players with higher earnings, it means the average spending per player is rising globally.

    There were no new Blizzard games released in Q1, nor update for any games except WoW. And WoW is the only Blizzard game with subscription.

    It is logical to assume the reason for earning increase is not more game sales, but more micro-transaction.

    And yes, Blizzard added Chinese new year mount with 6 month sub pass in Q1, which is huge (cost more than 60 USD/EUR). There are a lot of people buying it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •