View Poll Results: Rate Shadowlands

Voters
991. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exellent: 9-10

    149 15.04%
  • Good: 7-8

    329 33.20%
  • OK: 5-6

    253 25.53%
  • Bad: 3-4

    161 16.25%
  • Horrible: 1-2

    99 9.99%
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    16,951
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Just to be clear, the 7% earning increase is Blizzard's global revenue, not just wow. And the 5 millions MAU decrease is also for all Blizzard games, not just wow.

    But, no matter which game it is, if there is less active players with higher earnings, it means the average spending per player is rising globally.

    There were no new Blizzard games released in Q1, nor update for any games except WoW. And WoW is the only Blizzard game with subscription.

    It is logical to assume the reason for earning increase is not more game sales, but more micro-transaction.

    And yes, Blizzard added Chinese new year mount with 6 month sub pass in Q1, which is huge (cost more than 60 USD/EUR). There are a lot of people buying it.
    While it is across all games it was lead by wow.

    Blizzard segment revenue grew 7% year-over-year, led by strong growth in the Warcraft franchise
    We also know that shadowlands has brought in a bunch of new players and has had sharp increases in box sales.

    Shadowlands continued to drive strong results following its record-setting release in November, with first quarter franchise net bookings growing sharply year-over-year.
    World of Warcraft saw strong reach, engagement and participation in value added services, along with a particularly high number of new players joining the community for the first time, boosted by initiatives to enhance the onboarding experience.
    Wow leading the increase and a sharp increase in box sales and influx of new players would point to the user losses being in other games not wow and said influx would be more likely to spend money on shop items then the over saturated old players.

    You could say that players leaving out pace the new one coming in but that would be an a assumption with no backing.

    As to the yak last quarter would have shadowlands launch, new race customizing that would get people to buy race changes, and another 6 month promo so there’s no way the yak alone could out pace that unless the player base was way way larger then last quarter so new players buying more then just the yak makes more sense.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2021-05-05 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #382
    I think it suffers the same way BFA suffers.

    To many pointless and broken systems bogging down a otherwise good game.

  3. #383
    Thanks to Shadowlands it's given me enough clarity to finally quit WoW for good. Just not enjoying the game anymore.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hahahhaha

    Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

    But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)
    While wrath definitely had issues, and naxx was one of them, a situation like vanilla naxx hasn't happned again even once since then. Naxx was a raid that barely anyone had actually seen, no raid, even the highly unpopular darkest depths raid in BfA came even remotely close. Anotrous wouldn't be comparable, because we had this raid as the main raid for almost a year and people could farm it in BfA and before that in LFR. Something that wasn't possible in vanilla and tbc.

    As for raid attempts, I personally thought that was actually a neat idea. Just having alot of time was not the sole deciding factor in clearing a raid. You actually had to show something for your attempt instead of throwing yourself at the fight until it eventually ended itself. It might have not been the most elegant solution, but wasn't without merrit either.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hahahhaha

    Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

    But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

    Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    I would say WOTLK is my favourite expansion but that's when I first started playing, so I usually say my second favourite is my top favourite, which would be Legion.

    WOTLK, without the rose tinted glasses, didn't age well at all. And there were definitely some odd choices like you had mentioned, with Naxxramas being rehashed. And later, Onyxia.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thanks to Shadowlands it's given me enough clarity to finally quit WoW for good. Just not enjoying the game anymore.
    You are not the only one. That is for sure, lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    I made this poll back in dec 2020, when it was still in the honeymoon phase.

    The latest pool rating is much lower.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You are not the only one. That is for sure, lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    I made this poll back in dec 2020, when it was still in the honeymoon phase.

    The latest pool rating is much lower.
    is there a way to make a 2nd poll in the same thread? whould be fun to see how much opinion has shifted xD
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  8. #388
    Spam Assassin! MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    30,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    Technically, it's a fan site.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

  9. #389
    It really depends on what you want from this game. I play WoW because of the Raiding content, which is far superior to other games such as FF or BDO, some of them not even having a comparable raiding system at all.

    For that I would rate it a solid 8/10. My only complaint would be a slight effect overload on certain encounters when paired with class skill effects. Everything is glowing and exploding, making it sometimes hard to understand what's going on.

    Regarding other content, such as crafting, world, etc, I would rate it a weak 2/10.

    BDO completely wipes the floor with WoW in that regard in both depth and complexity, but also in it's usefulness. The world feels kind of lifeless in WoW, and secondary content meaningless. I have alchemy on lv1 just to benefit from the 2h flask duration. Sad.

    The economy is weird, where pots and flasks barely have any profit value on them, making buying the pot equally as expensive as buying individual materials. There is no incentive to play the professions. Most gold is made by sniping the AH for items and materials that are listed slightly below average value for up selling purposes. This feels unintentional. The natural way would be to have a profession that you can use to create a product by buying raw materials and adding 10% profit margin on it. But this doesn't seem to be encouraged by the game itself.

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    is there a way to make a 2nd poll in the same thread? whould be fun to see how much opinion has shifted xD
    We just need a new poll. I'm pretty sure the perception many had back in December / January will have shifted a lot to the negative side. Guess people back in January were expecting some content within the next few weeks / months and not just 6 months later.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We just need a new poll. I'm pretty sure the perception many had back in December / January will have shifted a lot to the negative side. Guess people back in January were expecting some content within the next few weeks / months and not just 6 months later.
    Aye. I voted 7-8, saying it's an expansion with a lot of promise, & that the lack of a grind is really appreciated... But now they need to build on it.

    Half a year later, we've no new content, and very little in 9.1 seems exciting. It's not a good time.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    Blizzard could release Big Rigs and people on here would give it 7+.

  13. #393
    8/10 It's more WoW and it's great but I'm just not having as much fun as I was having in BfA, Legion and Wrath.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    is there a way to make a 2nd poll in the same thread? whould be fun to see how much opinion has shifted xD
    There have been more recent threads with more recent polls and the results were more or less the same

  14. #394
    There's been some great points brought up about Wotlk and how people look at that with rose tinted goggles and how it had a lot of big things that wouldn't have gone down well with the community today. For me the notion that Wotlk was great for playing alts is a bit of a twist on reality because it became the alt expansion because there was nothing to do, so you just kept leveling alts, got free epics and started again.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thanks to Shadowlands it's given me enough clarity to finally quit WoW for good. Just not enjoying the game anymore.
    Pretty mutch this, i just dont have any connection anymore toward the Horde.
    Looking back the storyline of the Horde really kept me playing all these years but there is really nothing left anymore of this faction.

  16. #396
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,357
    horrible. It's like they're trying to challenge themselves to make a worse expansion then Warlords of Draenor which honestly was the last time i've had fun playing this game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    There's been some great points brought up about Wotlk and how people look at that with rose tinted goggles and how it had a lot of big things that wouldn't have gone down well with the community today. For me the notion that Wotlk was great for playing alts is a bit of a twist on reality because it became the alt expansion because there was nothing to do, so you just kept leveling alts, got free epics and started again.
    Here me out.. Maybe people had so much fun playing the game that they wanted to keep doing it, level alts and challenge themselves through different kinds of content, not get bored like you claim.

  17. #397
    log in tuesday. get vault reward. free 20 souls, gather 1k anima, and do weekly within a few hours. raid on tuesdays at 7 server clear whole raid by 9 server. do mythic 14/15 for vault reward following week. done till next tuesday in one evening. first few months was pretty busy in game farming shit, wiping on bosses, etc. been doing this one evening shit since mid march. dont do emissaries anymore as i have all the rewards.... lucky i am. play a couple alts throughout the week tho. stay busy. stockpile gold and mats/consumables for next tier.

  18. #398
    Guys, please....lets face it. People who like the game like this, is Blizzard/Activition target. They no longer care for the rest of us. They only care for those guys who actually enjoy this kind of boring and repetitive content, because that is the kind of crap that they will keep doing over and over again to milk this kind of player.

    So lets stop wasting time making these threads and even answering to them. If people like the game like it is, let them enjoy it. If you don't like it. Just leave the game....like forever. I also have tons of alts in WoW, i also kind of miss them, but if Blizzard is going to keep doing these horrible expansions, this means its no longer a game for me. Move to the next game. There are tons of them out there, call it ElderScrolls Online, Final Fantasy, SW, etc.....Find another game.

    These guys here on the forums doesnt even care about your opinion, they are WoW-Fans and they will defend their game against everything. They consider this the only and best game ever. If they get bored of retail they move to classic. So don't waste you time....just, leave.....
    Last edited by Necrosaro123; 2021-05-07 at 12:48 AM.

  19. #399
    Currently SL only 2/10, even usually well-mannered Bellular lost his patience for Blizzard.

    Last edited by Hibiki; 2021-05-07 at 05:55 AM.

  20. #400
    It's okay. The main story is terrible, but I liked Bastion and Revendreth. I'm not a fan of the systems. I can't imagine a new player trying to navigate them all, I hit 60 and was like, yeah, I'm just going to level someone else now. I thought joining a covenant would continue the campaign, clearly I'm missing how to do that because all I see are dailies/weeklies. I've no interest in the Maw or Torghast as long as it's unrewarding. I'm also not going to grind anything, it's not an enjoyable use of my time. At this point, I'm just hoping I won't be severely behind in unlocking flying if too much renown is required.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •