Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    on the choosen scale this thing would rate on a -5000
    there's never been a worse *****

I give it a 5 atm. Everything just seems unrewarding. I don't like Torgash and the Maw and being drip fed content is pretty annoying. Still having fun leveling my alts.

Best since Mists of Pandaria

I voted 9-10 but really I would say like high 8.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I could never relate to the crowd always wanting new innovation and game features with every expansion. WoW has always had a 'core' of things like dungeons & raids for PVE, battlegrounds and arena for PVP. Personally I think PVE since Legion has been pretty much where it needs to be, you have dungeons and m+ and you got raids. We don't need any more stuff than that. And we still get extra stuff to do like Torghast which is cool.

People still talk about Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk and those times were even more basic than how the game is now. The 'new' stuff in an expansion like Wotlk was vehicle combat which was terrible. That's not the reason people liked that expansion. All you really need is fun dungeons, good raids and have the classes/specs at least be enjoyable. If you can hit those 3 you don't need fancy side stuff like scenarios or islands.

I'd give it a 5, with an asterisk that I think it's on that same precipice Legion was in 7.0 where it could easily turn to fantastic.

As long as raids, m+ and PVP exists wow will almost always score a 3-4. It provides a peerless amount of content to do. However, class design floats somewhere around pre 8.1 BFA but post the first azerite tuning. Probably half the specs in the game if not more feel incomplete due to the removal of Legion artifact and still need some extra oomph or satisfaction (the one that most readily comes to mind when I say this is balance druid. Something feels missing from the rotation. It's "good, but it could badly use the moon talent baseline I think), probably a quarter are good and a quarter are in need of a full rework.

The story is, well, better than BFA but that's not saying too much. The fact the main storyline is over so many weeks hurts it; Blizzard does not have the writing finesse to pull off a slow burn. I think what is Shadowlands' greatest writing strength is also its weakness: it opens up an incredible amount of story points. However, so many story points leads to a tremendous amount of questions and holes that realistically will not be answered.

I think if 9.1 focuses on revamping the dead talents that most specs have and spruce up the depths we get via conduits and legendaries, it could undoubtedly make a lot of headway in the problematic areas. In contrast, if 9.1 instead expands soulbinds and offers a plethora of neutral powers without notable improvement to story/daily content/the maw it might end up more like 7.1/8.3. They did absolutely strike gold in Torghast and need to figure out how to maximize its potential if they want to capitalize on it, though. Twisted Corridors is great, but it definitely needs more cosmetics for people to grind out over time.

I vote good.
    There's much to do. Maybe a little too much.
    Gearing is too slow. Can't play alts as much as I want to.

Torghast is a lot of fun. Especially with friends.
    Torghast should give some rewards.
    At least stygia and anima.
    Torghast should give Venari rep.
    Venari grind on alts is horrible.

10 mythic plus a week is too much.
    Make it 3 a week for max great vault rewards...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    2/10

5. Raiding is too hard. There i said it. We just can't get any gear to get better so every "basic activity ( raid, m+)" feels frustrating. It's just a feeling of "sure i can play 10 times better but playing better is not what gets us futher because we are hamstring by our ilvl". And tbh having to progress on nhc is just stupid. that is the game mode for idiots. we're playing for years now. for 2 expansions we had a cutting edge guild (thank you college) and after that we could casually do at least hc and the easy mythic bosses. nobody wants to struggle on nhc ffs

in conclusion: in our community
    Everyone was cutting edge with full corruption gear you had basically 200% dps than what was needed.

I know so many cutting edge guilds from bfa who had horrible players. Those players can't even beat m+8 now...

If you raid 3 nights a week you should be at least 2 / 10 mythic by now.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-09 at 08:03 AM.

3-4 and on the same level as BFA

I loved the initial questing and story during the leveling.

I did not enjoy feeling as weak as a wet paper bag after reaching lvl 60 as well as my confusion about covenants.

The game is beginning to grow on me again now that I have begun to grow in power.

It has kept me more invested then the last few Expansion and I have a lot of things to do on my main...but not too much that I get overwhelmed.

Only issues I have our mechanical (too many anti-MDPS mechanics, the level squish making it harder to do old raids).

It's a fun expansion but a lot of lame busywork and it's really really not fun if you're a hardcore player. I can't even imagine the hell the top 50 guild players are going through with so much busywork on their part, and I'm only playing 1 character.

Raiding is fun. Torghast is fun. M+ is okay. Arena is okay. BGs are okay. Everything else is bogging it down, though.

Players are dropping this expansion faster than ever.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    4/10 sadly /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Thats why people love vanilla, tbc and wotlk

Why is it hard for people on this site to understand that people dont like shadowlands?
    Goes both ways, people seem to have it really difficult to understand that people do like shadowlands... or expansion X.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-11 at 04:56 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    It's a fun expansion but a lot of lame busywork and it's really really not fun if you're a hardcore player. I can't even imagine the hell the top 50 guild players are going through with so much busywork on their part, and I'm only playing 1 character.

Raiding is fun. Torghast is fun. M+ is okay. Arena is okay. BGs are okay. Everything else is bogging it down, though.
    SL = BFA 2.0 = Legion 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Players are dropping this expansion faster than ever.
    No wonder... all these unnecessary and shitty systems are turning ppl off... The maw is crap.

I lvled to 60 and was like... naahhw fuck this. First time it happend to me in a wow expansion.

I know Blizz is still making money of wow, but what the players REALLY need is wow 2.

Get rid of all the silly shit and make it more realstic.

It’s a solid 9/10 for me, possibly 10/10. I love this expansion!! It’s so good. Can’t wait to see what happens next!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It’s a solid 9/10 for me, possibly 10/10. I love this expansion!! It’s so good. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
    Lol you can’t be serious? 5/10 maybe

Solid 8/10. If they would up the loot drops in raids, tone down some obscene tank healing or burst in PVP and bring flying in 9.1 i think it could be one of the best. Zones and music are great, raid is solid, lore is mehsiez

I played WoW Vanilla when I was 27. I'm now 40. I find it very hard to want to make time to sit at my pc for 2+ hours after teaching online all day. Last thing I want to do is encourage blood clots, haha.

So I am extremely casual since the very end of Legion. I will say this about Shadowlands:

1) I am loving the Campaign quests. Better than BFA's. I like how it goes on for so long like Suramar rep quests.
    2) To add to #1, the copious amounts of quests. For a casual like me, I always have something to do.
    3) Feels like there is too much to do, I feel this is because I'm casual.
    4) Leveling is much much much better than it was in BFA. I suspect they are starting to make it get to the point where levels don't really matter. It's about unlocking, not leveling. Can't do this area without previously unlocking it.
    5) Torghast really should be more fun for solo players. I don't know how but it should be. I've only been in there once and struggle to find time to say, "Ok, I'm gonna spend hours here tonight." I can't justify that length of play time anymore.

I would say this is a good expansion. A little too busy for me but I won't complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    I don't see Renown as a borrowed power system, I see it as a way of progressing through your Covenant. It is not unlocking only soulbinds but a lot of things in the campaign which makes sense as if you managed to complete all the campaigns in a week, what would you do for the rest of the expansion?

The only downside for me is that Torghast is getting boring and recent nerfs do not help the cause.
    It would really be no one's concern but my own when I finish my campaigb quest. Fuck this timegating bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I could never relate to the crowd always wanting new innovation and game features with every expansion. WoW has always had a 'core' of things like dungeons & raids for PVE, battlegrounds and arena for PVP. Personally I think PVE since Legion has been pretty much where it needs to be, you have dungeons and m+ and you got raids. We don't need any more stuff than that. And we still get extra stuff to do like Torghast which is cool.

People still talk about Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk and those times were even more basic than how the game is now. The 'new' stuff in an expansion like Wotlk was vehicle combat which was terrible. That's not the reason people liked that expansion. All you really need is fun dungeons, good raids and have the classes/specs at least be enjoyable. If you can hit those 3 you don't need fancy side stuff like scenarios or islands.
    Wotlk introduced much more than vehicle combat.
    U
    It brought
    - Hardmodes (that were avtually cool, see Ulduar)
    - progressive Storytelling (srsly, compare the questlines from classic and BC with the wotlk ones)
    - Scalable Difficulty for Raids
    - Death Knights
    - 10! New zones
    - An open world battleground that had direct impact on the world (if you wanted to do the bosses there your faction needed to control it)
    - Achievements! (the system itself)
    - Dual spec
    - Dungeon maps
    - A new battleground that featured the new system of vehicle combat