Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    This takes a couple hours max. Are you confused?
    He said he ran 12 mythic dungeons AND some keystones and then said hes sitting at an ilvl of 182 and then claimed it was not hard to reach that ilvl. I think he spent SLIGHTLY more than 2 hours on this. Unless you are hacking mythic dungeons and clearing them in seconds or something. It takes more than 2 hours for people just to read up on all the rules and changes, imo.

This guy is literally no-lifing SL and you think it takes 2 hours. Yikes.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    He said he ran 12 mythic dungeons AND some keystones and then said hes sitting at an ilvl of 182 and then claimed it was not hard to reach that ilvl. I think he spent SLIGHTLY more than 2 hours on this. Unless you are hacking mythic dungeons and clearing them in seconds or something. It takes more than 2 hours for people just to read up on all the rules and changes, imo.

This guy is literally no-lifing SL and you think it takes 2 hours. Yikes.
    If you consider doing some dungeons for gear after capping to be "Literally no-lifing" then dear god do I dread hearing what you consider the people who race for Worlds First to be. I am working 8 hours; 5 days a week and spending this amount of time on one of my alts is a pittance of my time, Mythic dungeons is in no way hard; nor do you need to push 10-15 keys to run Torghast. 182 (As my Mage's ilvl currently is) is a rather effortless amount of ilvl to achieve atm. I am in no way no-lifing this game; I just know how to spend my time effectively.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2020-12-28 at 02:28 AM.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Its only bad players who are still having issues.. nothing will stop them from complaining.. even if you teach them they'll just complain your teaching is too hard.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    If you consider doing some dungeons for gear after capping to be "Literally no-lifing" then dear god do I dread hearing what you consider the people who race for Words First to be. I am working 8 hours; 5 days a week and spending this amount of time on one of my alts is a pittance of my time, Mythic dungeons is in no way hard; nor do you need to push 10-15 keys to run Torghast. 182 (As my Mage's ilvl currently is) is a rather effortless amount of ilvl to achieve atm. I am in no way no-lifing this game; I just know how to spend my time effectively.
    I can back this up, as I am working 40 hours a week and have even less time, with dogs/gf and friends who I still want to see and still manages to achieve an ilvl of 200 without nolifing.

Thorghast afther nerfs is a joke, no way to deny that. Wake up people this game isn't hard, ever heard of time management god.

I think a bigger problem is that a lot of people flat out don't understand what Torghast even is, that it's basically WoW's flavor of roguelike, more or less. Like, I've seen a decently sized amount of people complaining that it's "too random", or, even, that it's random at all. (and as far as a roguelike does go, it's about one of the easiest)

(On another subject, with regards to a lot of comments in this thread, I hate this attitude of either "you're bad" or "you're good" in regards to these sort of things. It's disingenuous to all those people in the middle.)

If you consider doing some dungeons for gear after capping to be "Literally no-lifing" then dear god do I dread hearing what you consider the people who race for Words First to be. I am working 8 hours; 5 days a week and spending this amount of time on one of my alts is a pittance of my time, Mythic dungeons is in no way hard; nor do you need to push 10-15 keys to run Torghast. 182 (As my Mage's ilvl currently is) is a rather effortless amount of ilvl to achieve atm. I am in no way no-lifing this game; I just know how to spend my time effectively.
    Anyone that has studied the changers to their class, learned all the new systems, leveled from 50-60, run a dozen mythics, run more keystones on top of that, and hit an ilvl in the 180s is nolifing this game. Who has TIME for all of that?

I wuld say normies are at best in the 170s. Casuals are just hitting level 60.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Frost mage here. It's all fun and games when you get sustain powers, but my last lvl8 on 176ilvl frosty had no healing powers besides when you hit an elite for first time it will spawn an orb which heals 25% hp up until floor 5. There are not that many elites and waiting for the sheep to explode every time just sucks but otherwise spear throwing mobs just tick you down..
    It's doable even in quite shit gear, but any "hybrid" class has it's so much easier and shorter

After all of this; I honestly can't say that I see what the fuzz is all about.

I ended the run with 1 Death remaining.

I'll continue to sweep out this joke of a Tower
    These three statements don't really work together. You didn't "sweep out this joke of a tower", you barely scraped through despite having higher ilevel than probably 99% of the playerbase (because the majority of the general players don't do mythics, let alone all of them in a week + keystones); sitting on a bunch of CDs to ensure significant usage; making heavy usage of invisibility; and presumably being fairly good at the game compared to the average player skill.

Like I get that you made this post for the sole sake of stroking yourself off, but if you stopped doing that for a second you'd see your own experiment proves very readily that an average player of average skill and average item level would find the back two-thirds of torghast very overtuned on classes that aren't stacked for it, even with sitting on CDs, something that obviously wasn't the original intent given their (especially early) attempts to mechanically dissuade players from doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I never took the invis one. It was never "kind of like that" at all... the invis one is a red herring...It's meme power. you take it for fun... 1 big hit on 5min cd isn't something to carry a run unless you want to take forever completing it.

grabbing the 3 barriers + 1 barrier increase gives you all survivability you need and then just take a lot of dmg powers... like the dot, which is OP af.
    Mirror image is also OP.
    Yeah, but those two anima powers you just listed are both epic ones which as a personal anecdote, I haven't gotten a single triune ward in the multiple runs I did this week helping out friends. Relying on an epic power to drop as a win condition isn't something you should have to do, so i'm glad that there are other powers I can stack instead with these buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue is still doable on layer 8 (I main sub rogue). Though you are COMPLETELY reliant on getting good anima powers. Unlike my mistweaver monk I can pretty much clear with anything I get.

I did 2 layer 8 mort'regar runs this week. The first one I failed dismally, I couldn't get the essential anima powers (crimson vial cd reduction + it gives you cloak/evasion/feint) or really any good dps powers.

However on the 2nd run I got everything! My very first power was crimson vial gives me cloak/evasion/feint and I also got do 150% extra dmg after a finisher for your next combo point ability x2 so they did a lot of damage an I also got increase your damage by 15% for every level you climb on floor 2. + Distraction bomb that stuns and deals a shit ton of damage after certain time. By the time I got the final boss (with other dps abilites as well) I was doing 60k dps as single target, killed the boss before my opening burst rotation ended. Whereas the first run I ran out of lives before floor 5. It was not good.

- - - Updated - - -

I am 195 Ilvl.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2020-12-28 at 04:36 AM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    What I see with your character experience is someone who does a lot of higher level group content for gearing. Folks with Torghast troubles are not generally seeming like Mythic key runners. Your gear level may seem a joke to you but to non grouping folks, it is a high level. I see that you are also a guilded person. I have no clue about your guild size etc. The thing with SL and Torghast is that it is a different experience for folks who do not want for what ever reason, to join a guild or join group content. World quest gear level is a joke. That leaves pugging PvP for gear or pugging heroic dungeons for gear. The troll response is "it's an MMO, so socialize or play an fps." Not here to argue play style choice, just offering why some find Torghast hard regardless of class/spec. Gear level has always covered a multitude of sins....SL just takes away a lot of gearing for solo players.

Stay safe and have fun.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Rogue is still doable on layer 8 (I main sub rogue). Though you are COMPLETELY reliant on getting good anima powers. Unlike my mistweaver monk I can pretty much clear with anything I get.

I did 2 layer 8 mort'regar runs this week. The first one I failed dismally, I couldn't get the essential anima powers (crimson vial cd reduction + it gives you cloak/evasion/feint) or really any good dps powers.

However on the 2nd run I got everything! My very first power was crimson vial gives me cloak/evasion/feint and I also got do 150% extra dmg after a finisher for your next combo point ability x2 so they did a lot of damage an I also got increase your damage by 15% for every level you climb on floor 2. + Distraction bomb that stuns and deals a shit ton of damage after certain time. By the time I got the final boss (with other dps abilites as well) I was doing 60k dps as single target, killed the boss before my opening burst rotation ended. Whereas the first run I ran out of lives before floor 5. It was not good.

- - - Updated - - -

I am 195 Ilvl.
    Weird. I am currently ilvl 200 rog and have never felt a reliance on specific powers in Torghast (before & after Torghast nerfs/rogue anima power buffs). Always cleared all the lvls without any problems.
    Last edited by Beatman; 2020-12-28 at 05:01 AM.

I would say 182 ilvl is overgearing it, especially post-nerfs, which means your entire experiment was nullified before you even stepped foot in torghast.

I ran layer 8 as bdk at 175 (full heroic dungeon, customisable gear) post nerf. I would say which bosses and which anima powers are the determing factors, more than class/spec. Depending on boss and/or powers I can either succeed layer 8 or fail on layer 4.

When one rogue or one mage say it's hard, they're cry babies. If it's the whole community, of a usually strong classes, there might be something there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Try a rogue and come back at me.
    As a rogue main, I have little to no struggle with Torghast. Just remember to use your toolkit as a rogue... not every pack or situation is you emerging from stealth, going bam wham - clear.

Use your head, take a moment to plan and you'll not just find things going smoothly, but so much more satisfying too.

This is all subjective.

What is hard for one person and another varies. It's not a size fits all.

Well, congratulations. Torghast was never built to be difficult, though.

This entire post is irrelevant because of the nerfs. Prior to the nerfs I facerolled through it on my bear druid and struggled on my lock with about the same item levels. Now I faceroll on both. Your test is flawed and can never prove anything at this point without reverting the nerfs back. End of thread.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with torghast isn't that it's hard, but that it's tedious and boring. Also you have to run it every week if you want your legendary maxed out, god forbid specs that need multiple legendaries. The hour or so it takes to do torghast is time I'd rather spend doing anything else.
    Last edited by Amsden; 2020-12-28 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Anyone that has studied the changers to their class, learned all the new systems, leveled from 50-60, run a dozen mythics, run more keystones on top of that, and hit an ilvl in the 180s is nolifing this game. Who has TIME for all of that?

I wuld say normies are at best in the 170s. Casuals are just hitting level 60.
    Either brain dead or a troll. I can’t tell.

Pretty sure Mages had an Anima Power that would turn one non-elite into a sheep, and in 10 seconds, one tap of ice lance made them explode wiping out every other mob around them. Mage was not a solid choice for testing. Go back in as an Assassin Rogue, or an Arms Warrior and let me know how ya fare
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi