Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    This takes a couple hours max. Are you confused?
    Leveling a character and running it through 12 mythic dungeons takes a "couple of hours max".

Very insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Yeah, but those two anima powers you just listed are both epic ones which as a personal anecdote, I haven't gotten a single triune ward in the multiple runs I did this week helping out friends. Relying on an epic power to drop as a win condition isn't something you should have to do, so i'm glad that there are other powers I can stack instead with these buffs.
    Im not relying on them...just pointing out good anima powers. Most dmg ones are uncommon or common which is more than you need.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    After all; the health, damage, amount of casts and general difficulty of enemies was lowered in ADDITION to that a decent coupled of anima powers was buffed.
    You do realize by doing that, they made the tower take way less time to finish, right? So yeah, they did fix it so people can finish it faster.

Had the general complaints been that the tower was slow / boring; they should rather have further shifted the amount of soul ash spacing between floors, giving the lower ones even more Ash and the higher ones less. This would allow people who likes to push Torghast for the challenge of it / those that "NEEDS" to minmax (And these people should have NO issue clearing the tower) to get the appropriate amount of Soul Ash while allowing people who find it boring to just do layers 1-4 or 5 and get "enough" Soul Ash to work with.
    That or they could shorten down the layouts. Simply take the weeks where certain wings is not open and work on them internally to decrease their length. But this did not happen, things was nerfed - Not due to an overwhelming amount of people saying it was long / boring. But an absolutely insane amount of people saying it was "too hard"
    In here, you're just giving another fix on how to make the tower faster and easier to breeze through. It doesn't mean the way Blizzard handled it didn't enable that as it allowed people to finish the tower faster after all.
    Different approaches, same destination.

So yes. People did ever say Torghast was hard, tons of people did.
    I have yet to meet anyone that said Torghast was "hard". But then again, I didn't go on a cherry-picking crusade to find people who said it did.
    With that much effort I am sure you can find people who find LFR hard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    So, to summarize this topic:

OP wants to stroke his e-peen going "look at how good I am guyzzz"
    People say that Torghast is tedious and some floor layouts are annoying
    The reply "OMG TORGHAST ISNT HARD LOLOLOL I did it on my rogue in 170, wtfbbq you scrub"
    other people reply they missed the point

and people start whinging about how torghast is or isn't hard

This is the thread that just keeps giving
    Yeah I know. At this point I am just playing along. This entire thread is a weird flex by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    never underestimate just how bad some players can be,remember mop challenge modes?players by the thausands were stuck in nromal dungeons,torghast by comparison is LEAGUES harder than challenge mode silver
    Back in Cata i had a DK tank with an intellect offhand....he was clearly a keyboard turner and would wait for DnD to come off cd after every pack because he said he had no other AoEs (iirc blood boil was really good back then). Blizz doesn't really allow such gearing anymore but even so i'm sure people are still as bad. What's sad is that this there's no group finder for it, so a lot of people don't even know you can group for it, so they try it a few times, fail and then never touch it again.

Nice Blog.

Torghast is Ezpz for every class since the nerf, so what is this thread about? Nobody cares, special snowflake....
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Appreciate the effort, but people will still complain.

it seems like different people play on different skill levels. weird.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Leveling a character and running it through 12 mythic dungeons takes a "couple of hours max".

Very insightful.
    8 dungeons. 20 minutes each, add some m+ to this, taking another 25-30 min each.. well, yeah, this takes only a couple of hours - couple not meaning two.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't just level up a character but you ran it through many mythic plus dungeons to get it ready for the tower and because you didn't have a hard time doing that you expect those that just level up and jump into the tower to have no problems at all.. I see no problem with that theory at all. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    8 dungeons. 20 minutes each, add some m+ to this, taking another 25-30 min each.. well, yeah, this takes only a couple of hours - couple not meaning two.
    Sure, the groups were pre-formed and they just ported him to the dungeon right?

Lets be honest here, each dungeon from start to finish will be closer to an hour than 20 min and you neglected the leveling part completely.

Please don't post bullshit, I'm kinda past dumb posts that don't stand up to a basic common sense check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrock View Post
    I haven't had much a problem either, but I certainly wouldn't say there isn't (wasn't?) one.

I read the first post as "I have played this game with moderate consistency for well over a decade. I make it a point to learn each class and I do a variety of high end content even on fresh alts. I don't get cutting edge or anything, so I'm just a casual and typical wow player I assume. I had no problems applying skills that I have developed over many, many years of practice to achieve my goals, even though it did get pretty close towards the end there anyway. What's the big deal?"

Thing is my dude, you're good at this game and it's easy to take for granted. Most people here are, really. Even if you're not trying to git gud, just spending such a comical amount of time in the game is going to naturally make you more comfortable.
    I'm not saying it needs to be easy for every new player, but they don't have the depth of knowledge you've developed and they probably won't any time soon. They've gotta play too.

I figure it could be solved with an ilvl suggestion and a low gear warning that you have to click past rather than nerfs, but I don't know nothin bout nothin.
    sadly this didn't get a direct response from op.

older players always take everything for granted. i did mage tower with all 36 specs. i knew how to get my gear on par, checked resources for the classes and how to play the specs, setup TellMeWhen for each stuff i have to quickly learn a rotation for and someday it was done. what's the fuzz?

meanwhile, a big portion of the playerbase repeatedly got their asses handed in lfr or m0 instances which posed a challenge for them. there are more players than op, even if he forgets about that.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

only way to make this even a viable "experiment" i to make sure you had the same powers as the people who said it was hard. Ive had runs where ive facerolled everything in layer 7, after struggling in layer 6 in the same wing, same character, same day. Powers are random and so is your runs going to be

Calling BS on OP. The higher layers of Torghast are absolute hell for some specs without great ilvl, arcane mage included. An absolute fucking slog.

Sure, the groups were pre-formed and they just ported him to the dungeon right?

Lets be honest here, each dungeon from start to finish will be closer to an hour than 20 min and you neglected the leveling part completely.

Please don't post bullshit, I'm kinda past dumb posts that don't stand up to a basic common sense check.
    If you take 60 minutes for one single mythic dungeon... God, I feel very sorry, man! Even as DPS I can instantly fill up a m0 and do 2 to 3 runs in a row without each taking a wopping hour. That's completely weird, where do you get such a bad timeframe? Yesterday I farmed multiple m7's in 1:30h not using a premade.. so .. yeah, ok I guess?

Edit: Ofc I negleted the leveling part. Who cares about leveling? Those 4-7 hours are not gamebreaking. Leveled on releaseday in 6 hours to 60 without playing the beta or using any available informations. Just rushing through the mainstory with some sidequests in Bastion and Revendreth.

I know that some people are really slow players - but just because those are slow, doesnt mean others are slow, too. Think about it.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-28 at 02:13 PM.

My problem with Torghast is not the difficulty. It's the soulcrushingly boringness of it all. In fact, I would love it if it was actually difficult for other reasons then HP sponges and/or boring fight mechanics. During the honeymoon phase it was all fun. But once you really look at it, it's just boring af.

• All wings are thematically almost the same. That while it was the perfect opportunity to diversify in terms of themes. I dunno... Maybe something based around the 7 deadly sins (or equivalent for the Wow universe)? Maybe like the wings in Da Other Side... But at least different.
    • The so-called 'mechanics' are mostly 'oh, let's add more HP to make it last longer instead of actually making it more difficult through different and new mechanics'. Mostly by adding an HP buff for each layer or a periodic ambush by an HP sponge that gets spongier as you go up in layers. The actual fight mechanics are the basics of the basics that have existed since vanilla
    • Having to unlock all layers one by one for each alt feels like a complete waste of time, since actually clearing each floor does not increase the rewards
    • Some classes have boring anima powers (for example Monks), which only compound the previous issues
    • Frogger mini-games are not fun (unless you can actively annoy your guildies for shits and giggles over voice chat)
    • The fact that it is pretty much mandatory content for anyone who wants to do more than m0 runs. Which is fine for 1 character, but for the love of god don't make unlock every single layer on every alt I want to do more on
    • That it was hyped as 'roguelike', while in reality it's not really
    • Procedurally generated content my big fat arse. The only difference is going left instead of right, but every mechanic/mob/trap is exactly the same regardless of layout

To me, at best, it simply feels like unfinished and unpolished content that somehow made it into the game due to deadlines.

In my guild we do weekly groups to carry each other through it and just half-AFK in discord while we bum rush it. Not because it's good content or that we need communication, but at least we don't fall asleep doing it when we can banter in voice chat. That's a clear sign something is wrong with the content tbh.
    Last edited by Reavyn; 2020-12-28 at 02:35 PM.

anyone who complains about torghast (especially after the nerfs) is just bad at the game

If you take 60 minutes for one single mythic dungeon... God, I feel very sorry, man! Even as DPS I can instantly fill up a m0 and do 2 to 3 runs in a row without each taking a wopping hour. That's completely weird, where do you get such a bad timeframe? Yesterday I farmed multiple m7's in 1:30h not using a premade.. so .. yeah, ok I guess?

Edit: Ofc I negleted the leveling part. Who cares about leveling? Those 4-7 hours are not gamebreaking. Leveled on releaseday in 6 hours to 60 without playing the beta or using any available informations. Just rushing through the mainstory with some sidequests in Bastion and Revendreth.

I know that some people are really slow players - but just because those are slow, doesnt mean others are slow, too. Think about it.
    Ok, I'll just put you down in the "can't tell time" column then. Since we've moved from "a couple of hours" to 4-7 hours plus dungeons and still not accepted it takes time to form a group and get there. Deluded much? Still out by an order of magnitude.

Ok, I'll just put you down in the "can't tell time" column then. Since we've moved from "a couple of hours" to 4-7 hours plus dungeons and still not accepted it takes time to form a group and get there. Deluded much? Still out by an order of magnitude.
    I can tell time, but you think "couple" is just 2 or 3. Not my problem then.
    If you seriously do mythics + people you invite are serious with it, too, you do not wait 10 minutes at the stone, just sayin.
    Not my fault you can't make good groups/are not able to use your time in a way that you do not wait around. /shrug

I can tell time, but you think "couple" is just 2 or 3. Not my problem then.
    If you seriously do mythics + people you invite are serious with it, too, you do not wait 10 minutes at the stone, just sayin.
    Not my fault you can't make good groups/are not able to use your time in a way that you do not wait around. /shrug
    My condolences to your English and maths teachers then. Where a couple means 10+. You do you.

My condolences to your English and maths teachers then. Where a couple means 10+. You do you.
    A couple (= some OR two - words can have different meanings, you know? A good teacher would have told you this) can be viewed different. For me those hours that he needed to put into it are nothing - leveling alts is a normal thing that one does whenever one wants.
    As I said, the leveling process is a non-issue, idk why you getting so hard about this. 4 hours of gearing via dungeons is nothing and therefor it's just a couple.
    Does not make sense to discuss this with you, sadly. cheerio
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-12-28 at 08:55 PM.