Poll: Do you play less or more.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

As of 29/12, Do you log in more often or less?

Now that honeymoon period is over and most are past of early rush, I am interested in how much are people playing currently.

On other thread I feel data is more on earlier state on SL but also slightly interested how it changes on player level.

Casual is average player.

Semi-hc would be doing m+ more than once a week, done 5+ bosses at least on normal CN or over 1,8k rating in pvp.

Hc would be at least mythic shriekwing down or doing over 2k rating in pvp.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-29 at 10:44 AM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Less often - but that's nothing to do with the game.... it is summer holidays, Christmas and New Years all happening.

We kick back into gear around the 10th of January.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Less often. I only do the daily "emissary" quest and mission tables.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was meh from day 1 and its meh as all current expansions been for years now.

the linear super boring main storyline ruined the experience from me from day 1 and the forced covenant content aint making it better.

i just want something in style of TBC and WOTLK again where dungeons is where you improve to progress into raids and the harder raids the better gear untill u reach "done"

PvP should be separate gear as it was back then with resilience on it.

I do emissary for gold / rep every 2nd day and i do the table from my mobilephone at work.. rest of the time i spend leveling alts in older content or farming old raiding/dungeon content för x-mog / mounts and pets.

Also working on maxing out all professions on my toon from vanilla to current.
    Last edited by Uvania; 2020-12-29 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Less often - but that's nothing to do with the game.... it is summer holidays, Christmas and New Years all happening.

We kick back into gear around the 10th of January.
    Well it is a bit mixed, christmas has been over for while now.

In my circle most played more because holidays due no work and covid with exception of two days (For most 24th and 25th).

HC/Mythic raider, logging in WAAAY less, some days not even once and I usually just stack up all 3 emissary and do them in one go along with Torghast and Maw, then 2-3 evenings of raids and done.

This is the first expansion since I started in Vanilla where I am actually considering hanging up my raid boots, once and for all. The game never felt so old and busted, back in the days we had new stuff actually coming to the game, now we're on third(?) expansion in a row with same mission tables, same Artifact weapon/neck/conduit-tree kind of "put your Ability-item here and upgrade it" and so on.. nothing except Torghast is new, it's only reskinned and it's really really starting to feel busted. I cant justify playing the same expansion for the 3th time in a row with only updated graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Well it is a bit mixed, christmas has been over for while now.
    Well, not really - still the Christmas season here until Monday, and still summer holidays for most until mid January.

The good news is that there is far more stuff to do than any previous expansion, the bad news is that I have to wait until Wednesday to do a lot of it

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Now that honeymoon period is over and most are past of early rush, I am interested in how much are people playing currently.

On other thread I feel data is more on earlier state on SL but also slightly interested how it changes on player level.

Casual is average player.

Semi-hc would be doing m+ more than once a week, done 5+ bosses at least on normal CN or over 1,8k rating in pvp.

Hc would be at least mythic shriekwing down or doing over 2k rating in pvp.
    There is no option for "HC less", which is exactly what I would chose.

Probably the worst time to ask this due to the holidays.

M+ is super linear and boring and pvp burst is just nuts right now so less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    HC/Mythic raider, logging in WAAAY less, some days not even once and I usually just stack up all 3 emissary and do them in one go along with Torghast and Maw, then 2-3 evenings of raids and done.

This is the first expansion since I started in Vanilla where I am actually considering hanging up my raid boots, once and for all. The game never felt so old and busted, back in the days we had new stuff actually coming to the game, now we're on third(?) expansion in a row with same mission tables, same Artifact weapon/neck/conduit-tree kind of "put your Ability-item here and upgrade it" and so on.. nothing except Torghast is new, it's only reskinned and it's really really starting to feel busted. I cant justify playing the same expansion for the 3th time in a row with only updated graphics!
    It wouldn't be as bad if the recycled (except Torghast) weren't getting worse with every iteration.

Mission tables were at its best during WoD, only the rewards were overtuned. Legion ones were worse, BfA way worse and SL is just complete BS.
    Dailies - Awesome and fun concept for rewarding short play sessions in Legion. Massive nerf to fun in BfA with the WQGF ban and complete Desaster in SL (too few WQs that almost all are the ones that you purposefully skipped in the past)
    AP system and borrowed power- rewarding and fun in legion, a complete desaster once more in BfA (azerite armor regrind, boring traits that feel like many of them should be baseline) and completely bad in BfA (AP completely useless now, Conduit mobile gaming system, covenant bullshit, which is also just a downgrade from order halls)

Just a few examples, it's true for more than that.

By your definition I'm hardcore, but whether I log in more or less depends on what you're comparing it to.

Compared to BfA, I'm logging in a lot more, seeing as how I quit a few weeks in for 15-18 months. Compared to Legion, I'm logging in less, but I'm logging in happy to do so every time thanks to the drop in grind expected for player power.

Compared to the earlier weeks of SL, I'm definitely playing less, but again, I'm happy to log in & play every time I do. It's just that I grinded pretty hard to get everything in place early on, & now from here on out it's all relatively laid back.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-12-29 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel reward is extremely low for logging, unless u raid forget everything else
    which is disappointing i was expecting rewards to be at least twice higher than this
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm exhausted by endless farm. 3-4 dailies every day, 30-60 minutes of maw, torghast, raids, M+, arenas, battlegrounds, herbs/meat farm. I'm spending 4+ hours every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There is no option for "HC less", which is exactly what I would chose.
    Seems so but should be last on.

I can't at least find way to edit polls.

Way less. I login to check BMAH until my sub runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I'm exhausted by endless farm. 3-4 dailies every day, 30-60 minutes of maw, torghast, raids, M+, arenas, battlegrounds, herbs/meat farm. I'm spending 4+ hours every day.
    I did that for the first 3 weeks or so. It was ok but that was enough, now i'm leveling some alts, probably playing 2 hours a day and then it's off to other. more fun things. Compared to 15 years ago, there's so much more else to do on the internet, it would be insane to dedicate all my time to just WoW....especially when there's nothing really fun to do.

Casual, way less. I do the weekly epic calling, anima farm and Maw soul collection, then I'm done.

Bored with Choreghast, have my legendary at 190, no incentive to improve it. I've largely given up on WQs. Spending 40-60 minutes fighting with terrain for long ass quests which give a bag of vendor trash on completion of the calling is not rewarding (or fun).

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as usual, much like the responses here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

i log in each morning to do anima world quests only. and daily chest from sanctum.

i look if any guildies wants to do m+. if not i stick to our 3 days mythic 1 optonal heroic raid.

and that's kinda my weekly gameplay of wow.

Edit. Oh wait forgot max weekly thorgast. legendary is rank 3, i started a bit late looking ahead for rank 4 this upcomming reset. I'm EU so that's tomorrow.