Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i rly dislike it when people use words willy nilly,it loses all its meaning,its not clickbait,the video said he was talking about a leak,thats what was in the video
    I really dislike it when people make threads about "leaks" that aren't leaks at all there's been no real leak of any kind.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    They won't upgrade Classic servers to TBC, they'll have TBC servers and charge you to transfer characters to it...effectively getting you to literally pay for TBC..again.
    They will COPY the existing classic servers into ANOTHER COPY on top of WHICH they will install TBC. You will have two separate games. No need to complicate things and ask questions of what and how....and for how much and for how long...etc since it is a separate copy.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-12-30 at 01:33 AM.

  3. #43
    Won’t ever happen but I really wish they’d just say fuck it and run a server starting fresh from square one. And run it straight through WotLK at set intervals, potentially resetting at the end.

    Moreso on topic, really interested in seeing the exact rollout. Do they unlock the new races early or are shaman and paladins SOL and forced to level post launch? I think I’d prefer a fresh server launched a month or two prior. But it’d be interesting to see if classic gets reinvigorated with people coming back to level and farm prior to launch if they went the character transfer route. Also hoping they take some of the lessons from classic and don’t go totally overboard on the number of servers.
    Last edited by Smash Adams; 2020-12-30 at 02:40 AM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Won’t ever happen. I really wish they’d just say fuck it and run a server starting fresh from square one. And run it straight through WotLK at set intervals, potentially resetting at the end.

    Moreso on topic, really interested in seeing the exact rollout. Do they unlock the new races early or are shaman and paladins SOL and forced to level post launch? I think I’d prefer a fresh server launched a month or two prior. But it’d be interesting to see if classic gets reinvigorated with people coming back to level and farm prior to launch if they went the character transfer route. Also hoping they take some of the lessons from classic and don’t go totally overboard on the number of servers.
    This character transfer route idea you speak of WILL be a disaster if implemented. They should just COPY the servers and their content into a separate copy and install TBC on top of it. No transferring needed.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    personaly i would rather play cata than wrath,the raiding is better,i have some personal favorite specs for that time,i like my transmog,better systems like reforge,more balanced pvp
    And I am sure many feel the same too, especially those who still play retail. However one day there will be the question of whether Classic's concept of catering to a niche of players who have no interest in a streamlined game and prefer old school MMOs is still applied.

  6. #46
    Feel like it should have been officially announced by now if it was actually set for May..

  7. #47
    So more or less 6 months after the 6 months sub bundle. Seems legit. Participation is Naxx seems low as well. That won't help as it means Naxx won't be relevant pretty soon. Pretty much like it was back then though.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by zoddzero View Post
    Feel like it should have been officially announced by now if it was actually set for May..
    Go check when Blizzcon 2020 was supposed to happen, might explain it.

  9. #49
    Blizzconline is Feb 19-20. I can see them opening TBC Beta at this time, right after TBC announcement.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Blizzconline is Feb 19-20. I can see them opening TBC Beta at this time, right after TBC announcement.
    Possibly, I’m pretty sure they opened up the closed alpha/beta whatever for classic right after blizzcon in classic. Or am I thinking of just the demo?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    So more or less 6 months after the 6 months sub bundle. Seems legit. Participation is Naxx seems low as well. That won't help as it means Naxx won't be relevant pretty soon. Pretty much like it was back then though.
    Even with today’s knowledge, we can all see why nax wasn’t very popular. Lots and lots of preparation to get in there, it’s not a short instance, and even though it’s ‘easy’ in terms of mechanics it’s really unforgiving. Especially with the world buff meta that’s a ton of prep time just to do one raid.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So whats your guys' and girls' thought on how they'll handle the migration?

    Classic Servers become TBC servers with copies/transfers to new Classic servers?

    Classic servers continue to exist as-is and one time transfers to the new TBC Servers?

    Only brand new TBC Servers?

    My money's on #2
    #1 and #2 are effectively going to kill off Classic completly, guaranteed. The only logical way to launch TBC is for it to have no connection whatsoever to Classic.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    #1 and #2 are effectively going to kill off Classic completly, guaranteed. The only logical way to launch TBC is for it to have no connection whatsoever to Classic.
    Although I completely agree with you, I don’t think any option will ‘save’ classic.

  13. #53
    I'll believe it when I see it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Possibly, I’m pretty sure they opened up the closed alpha/beta whatever for classic right after blizzcon in classic. Or am I thinking of just the demo?
    WoW Classic timeline
    - Announcement: November 2017
    - Demo: November 2018 ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...virtual-ticket )
    - Closed alpha: April 2019 ( https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...classic/155986 )
    - Public beta: May 2019 ( https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-schedule )
    - Release: August 2019
    Last edited by Koward; 2020-12-30 at 09:33 PM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    You think you will but you won't.

  16. #56
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    For some reason I don't really care about TBC, despite enjoying it back then.
    Same, however what TBC Classic does excite me about is that unless it's an Iraq war level failure it pretty much guarantees WotLK classic, and that does excite me

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    8 minute video to talk about a release date leak? Yeah, no.
    Yea youtube channel that upload as a job and not as a hobby are fucking shit ass waste of internet traffic.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

    yall im smh @ ur simplified english

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea youtube channel that upload as a job and not as a hobby are fucking shit ass waste of internet traffic.
    Yeah honestly I just read the headline. This is like the 4th leek saying the exact same thing that tbc is coming out next summer. To be honest, excluding the date, none of this needs ‘leeks’ anyone who knows wow knew tbc and wotlk were to follow the very moment classic wow was announced.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So whats your guys' and girls' thought on how they'll handle the migration?

    Classic Servers become TBC servers with copies/transfers to new Classic servers?

    Classic servers continue to exist as-is and one time transfers to the new TBC Servers?

    Only brand new TBC Servers?

    My money's on #2

    it has to be only fresh TBC severs where everyone starts off at level#1
    if they did it any other way it would ruin the whole purpose of new/fresh TBC servers.
    cant start at level 60 and think people will not be at 70 is days... whats the point?being 70 in days already doing 70 content is not good.
    TBC severs are not classic want to play classic?then play classic want to play tbc then play tbc = different servers all start from level 1.

    with everyone at 1 we are all the same all need gold all need gear everyone is out in the world leveling and pvping!its really great!i know i been on a few private tbc servers and its totally bad ass seeing zones all filled up again.

  20. #60
    All classic releases have been done at the same time for US/EU. Pre-patch being different dates makes no sense.
    Also, April sounds too early, unless they plan to re-start classic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •