Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I had the best WoW Fun ever in Cata (started in 3.2, before that i played barely some privatservers/test account for maybe ~ 20h).

Cata was the best Addon for me, cause i had so much fun with friends, playing 24/7 RBG with my Guild and just like the Gameplay... But Cata got worse after everypatch (bad changes to Arms warrior, my main) and 4.3 was the Kill for the Addon. Raid Trash, Arms Warrior super Trash, RBGs just Hackers and Dotcleaves, where everyone had the Firelands Legendary + Rogue Legendary and broken PvE Stuff...

And cause the classic versions use the balancepatch from the latest patch cata classc would suck ass.

Who the hell is going to replay WoD :P

I doubt they're going further than WOTLK.

TBC hasn't even been verified yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    i reckon they should do BC and Wrath but that's it. Cata onwards is basically the modern game (LFD/LFR, Azeroth shattered etc)

They are probably ending with wotlk even though mop was the best expansion. Remember fun and skillful classes? I dont because it was fucking 8 years ago.

Classic stops at wotlk imo. It stops when the money stops. People are just not interested in cata. Even p servers have shown this. I think once wotlk ‘ends’ they either are going to just put the three classic versions of wow on server resets and seasons to keep that money coming, or (I highly doubt but idk) they branch off of classic wow in SOME way. Maybe community voted changes like osrs, or something like this.

Honestly, wotlk classic will give them a ton of steady money alone if they do server resets and seasons. It is the most replayable expansion there is and the fan base for this expansion alone is massive.

I would be fine with TBC and then Wrath, but nothing after that. At that point they should just actually make and release WoW 2.0 instead of investing in "remastering" every expansion.

Vanilla, TBC and WotLK are considered the classic era because of the old world and how different the game was. Cata made so many changes that it became a new game completely. If it’s up to me I’d stop as WotLK and if there is still a demand we go for a..... WotLK+

legion "classic" would be dope

i miss legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    If it is profitable, which they are, then they will do it. Plain and simple.
    Of course. This is the basic answer. Ask where the nostalgia is concentrated the most - Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath. It is logical to assume TBC and Wrath will be a thing.

You might even skip forward and see Mists as a thing, but I don't think you'll see a continuity of each version as a classic type service. You'll see the ones for where the money is.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Every single one I doubt, who really want cata or WoD classic.
    The interesting thing is, unless Blizzard kill off retail WoW in the meantime the Classic Cata/WoD would prob be pretty awesome.

WoD content itself wasn't bad, in fact it's demonstrable that it was pretty good, the reasons that the expansion as a whole is remembered as bad is firstly because there wasn't enough of it, and secondly because it was designed to be navigated with flying mounts then Blizzard pulled flying at the 11th hour. The second issue is unfixable (unless they choose to enable flying at max level the second time around) however the first can be negated as if there's a retail WoW expansion rolling at the same time for players jump to then that would serve to gloss over WoD's content light issue.

Cata is generally perceived as bad in hindsight for two main reasons, the perception that Blizz put all their effort into changing old zones and not enough into making new ones (which is completely untrue, there were only five new zones but they were bigger than the seven in TBC) and the fact that the final raid dragged on forever and also kinda sucked, which is true but again would kinda be offset by the existence of another WoW for people to play.

A good example of the two WoWs benefit, is that BFA was far less enjoyable than Cata or WoD yet doesn't seem to get as much hate (though it gets a deserved amount) due to Classic providing something WoW related to do instead and glossing over some of BFA's failings.
    Last edited by caervek; 2020-12-31 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Yea but let's stop after we defeat The Lich King. That's the end of all the good stories.

edit - Correction: the only good story.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2020-12-31 at 04:45 AM.

Yes. Even Cata and up have enough of a nostalgia base for it to be worth it to run those servers.

The question is how many concurrent versions of WoW are we going to have running? Retail, Classic, BC is already 3. When we get up to Cata that will be 5 different versions of the game for blizz to keep track of. I think they will cycle through the Classic versions of the game and only have 2 at most running at the same time.

No. You're not even going to get classic BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    This is absolutely a 100% not the point of classic.
    If you think a business looking to earn money isn't 100% trying to acquire new players always you are 100% stupid.

It's both. They want the nostaligia derp money and the herp derp what is this money. Your money is just as lovely as the newbie money even if your money is much easier to sucker out of your pocket than the newbies's money.

I myself didn't touch classic with a 10000x foot pole. I remember it fondly and I have no desire to go back to my class being a second tier innervate bot. But I also don't replay too many games. Just not for me.

I saw a lot of my friend's list dabble in classic but the people who played it/stuck with it the longest was because they never had a good enough PC to really play during vanilla. For them it was all new. An era of wow they never got to touch more than the first 15 levels of. They quit once their guilds succumbs to the same "we're totally casual play what you want" bs classic players told us wouldn't happen infected the game like it does for all MMOs/Rpgs.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Someone doesn’t pay attention to the news lol.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    3/10 troll bait or you must be living in a cave, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    who really want cata or WoD classic.
    You can ask that question for literally every version of the game. For every person that loved TBC there is a person who loved WOD, after all it's the expansion the most like Classic to date with almost nothing to do in the game outside of raid logging so if raiding is your thing I think WOD would be perfect. It's kinda like Classic, only challenging.

Can't people play any expansion on retail anyway? I'm not playing atm.

But anything beyond wotlk is pointless imo.