Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I am Murloc! Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    5,462
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    personaly i think of ''classic'' as the pre cata are,but at this point we are so far removed from even that point,that there are more expansions post cata...idk,i guess it wouldnt be hard,the maintanance would be very low and some of the problems that they had to fix in vanila wouldnt exist for say mop or wod as much if at all

    and i rly wish i could play some versions of some expansions classes again that i really enjoyed

    the only issue is dividing players....but i dont rly see it as much of an issue,players leave when there is content drought anyways and play other games,atleast this way they wont leave for other games and still pay money to blizz

    - - - Updated - - -



    plenty of classes in wod felt awsome and the raiding was top tier,so i wouldnt mind wod again
    It's the holy trinity, when wrap up of Arthas, the scourge.
    -K

  2. #62
    I'd looove to play classic Pandaria. Quite liked launch cata and launch WoD too. No interest whatsoever in classic tbc and wrath though. Already raided quite seriously there, got my
    shitty arena stun mace, Death's Demise etc. Zero replay value.
    If all they're doing is that old rubbish then I'd prefer to stick to what we have now.
    If they're gonna ruin my classic experience with crappy TBC they'd better go all the way so there's at least something to look forward to

    The entire point of classic as far as I'm concerned is that retro gameplay without the shitty endless progress invalidation that we have in retail.
    Releasing tbc would completely take away the point in re-releasing classic in the first place.
    If they do go down that road then we're just getting the entire game re-released tbh. There's no reason to arbitrarily stop anywhere. Everyone's got their own favourite they want to stop at and Blizzard makes the most money from just continuously releasing shit anyway.
    Nothing about a cata release undoes the wrath experience anymore than a tbc release undoes vanilla. That old world levelling content matters bugger all when you sit in Shattrath waiting for your arena queue to pop, and outland/northrend remain exactly the same either way.

  3. #63
    Stood in the Fire Emmithyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    378
    I figured everything after wrath is not as desirable. I'd love legion but I can't say I have any desire for the rest. Also with the old world revamp it just makes it all kind of "meh"

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I figured everything after wrath is not as desirable. I'd love legion but I can't say I have any desire for the rest. Also with the old world revamp it just makes it all kind of "meh"
    I tend to agree, I can see them going to Wrath and stopping there. I think that is where most of the people started playing between those three versions of the game. Obviously if they are making money the will keep doing it as that is all the new xpacs bring, same ole shit new title.

  5. #65
    The Patient Darkynhalvos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I for one would welcome a version of the original Cataclysm without the patches. Those heroics were great fun if you were in a guild. Probably the last time that out-of-the-box dungeons were difficult.
    They were intended for a totally random group of 329-geared players, but were tuned for an average ilvl of 340-350.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Every single one I doubt, who really want cata or WoD classic.

    But up to WolK is a given IMO.
    I'd love to play cata again. They could even fix stuff like nerfing heroics which were so much fun in the beginning

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Wotlk was the beginning of the downfall so I doubt they go beyond that although MoP had good content/balance/challenge mode ect.. I honestly wouldn't mind it but I think managing 4 classic versions of the game might be too much and they will just stick to three.
    No it wasn't the beginning of the downfall. That was cata and the graphs clearly show it...

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No it wasn't the beginning of the downfall. That was cata and the graphs clearly show it...
    Some people actually believe that because wotlk didn’t bring in as many subs as vanilla-tbc did that it was somehow a beginning of the end, when in reality a game is only going to realistically hold so many players based on genre, competition, niche, etc. So wotlk was really the peak of wow because not only did it have the largest number throughout the expansion but it held that massive number throughout. If it was such a “meh expansion” like a lot of people here say sometimes then you would have seen something similar to cata or mop numbers.

    Another one I here a lot is “wotlk just rode the coat tails of vanilla and tbc so people played it” which... I mean I feel like I don’t even need to explain why that’s a silly thing to say.

  9. #69
    I don't want a classic version of most of the expansions after WotLK; I would rather improved versions.

    Cata and WoD would be entirely fixed by being a year long rather than two, and by adding the Abyssal Maw and Shattrath raids.
    MoP is fixed by making the early dailies less important.
    Legion and BFA are fixed by getting rid of Artifact Power.

    Also r.e. WotLK, it's a good but flawed expansion, and it's very fun for a casual player, they just dropped the ball on the first raid tier and should've made a new first-tier raid instead of re-using Naxx. World-first Yogg0 and Algalon on a classic WotLK server would be real draws to playing there.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2021-01-25 at 05:21 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  10. #70
    I'm betting that, instead of having a dedicated server for every expansion era, you'll end up with something similar to what Everquest does with their Progression servers.

    They'll start fresh, advancing from each expansion after a certain period of time/when certain milestones are achieved, until they reach a certain point. They'll then let it sit for a bit before they reset it and start all over again (either by resetting the current server or creating new progression servers).

  11. #71
    wotlk is the last one.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Basic question. can we expect more versions of classic? That will make the playerbase more divided, but i also assume we might even surpass peak numbers this weak.
    Probably not. I believe they will go until Woltk and do something else with the other expansions.

    We're definitely gonna see some sort of comeback for expansions after wotlk, but probably on the current version with timewalking tech.

    Personally, I really enjoyed Cata, MoP and Legion. I'd even like to eventually see WoD again, but with all the promised features in place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't want a classic version of most of the expansions after WotLK; I would rather improved versions.

    Cata and WoD would be entirely fixed by being a year long rather than two, and by adding the Abyssal Maw and Shattrath raids.
    MoP is fixed by making the early dailies less important.
    Legion and BFA are fixed by getting rid of Artifact Power.

    Also r.e. WotLK, it's a good but flawed expansion, and it's very fun for a casual player, they just dropped the ball on the first raid tier and should've made a new first-tier raid instead of re-using Naxx. World-first Yogg0 and Algalon on a classic WotLK server would be real draws to playing there.
    Yeah that would be a great time to make up for old mistakes. if Classic has shown us anything, it is that keeping it "original" early on is cool (like the first 2 or so months), but long term you do want to make changes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I figured everything after wrath is not as desirable. I'd love legion but I can't say I have any desire for the rest. Also with the old world revamp it just makes it all kind of "meh"
    I am pretty sure that at this point, MoP and Legion are more desireable than wrath. However the difference here is that wrath is gonna bring back a lot of ex-players, while a MoP classic would cut more on the retail population than wrath would.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am pretty sure that at this point, MoP and Legion are more desireable than wrath. However the difference here is that wrath is gonna bring back a lot of ex-players, while a MoP classic would cut more on the retail population than wrath would.
    You are really bad at reading rooms it seems if this is the answer you came up with lol

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I'm betting that, instead of having a dedicated server for every expansion era, you'll end up with something similar to what Everquest does with their Progression servers.

    They'll start fresh, advancing from each expansion after a certain period of time/when certain milestones are achieved, until they reach a certain point. They'll then let it sit for a bit before they reset it and start all over again (either by resetting the current server or creating new progression servers).
    This. Progression servers are obviously the future.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You are really bad at reading rooms it seems if this is the answer you came up with lol
    Dunno about that, seems pretty right to me. Plenty of people wanting MoP by the looks of it. My guild discord has people gagging over having to play Wrath though.

  16. #76
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No it wasn't the beginning of the downfall. That was cata and the graphs clearly show it...
    You say this like it's compelling evidence about the quality of the game, when really I think it was mainly because people were so accustomed to facerolling through Wrath. So when they were presented with challenging Heroics (which were also damn fun) they couldn't handle it. Raiding was also very, very solid in the first tier of Cata. It gets a lot of undeserved hate, imo.

  17. #77
    Stood in the Fire Mightytasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't want a classic version of most of the expansions after WotLK; I would rather improved versions.

    Cata and WoD would be entirely fixed by being a year long rather than two, and by adding the Abyssal Maw and Shattrath raids.
    MoP is fixed by making the early dailies less important.
    Legion and BFA are fixed by getting rid of Artifact Power.

    Also r.e. WotLK, it's a good but flawed expansion, and it's very fun for a casual player, they just dropped the ball on the first raid tier and should've made a new first-tier raid instead of re-using Naxx. World-first Yogg0 and Algalon on a classic WotLK server would be real draws to playing there.
    Yep, I'd also like improved versions of each expansion.

    TBC - Pretty much perfect. Maybe add Sated to LW drums, give both factions Seal of Blood. Maybe nerf SL/SL warlocks

    Wrath - Go with 3.3 balance patch so DK's aren't broken. Don't release dungeon finder. Make Ulduar patch longer and Trial of the Crusader shorter. Maybe buff Naxx

    Cata - Keep the heroic dungeons at launch difficulty. Transmog from the start.

    MoP - Avoid the daily quest fiasco from launch

    WoD - lol

    Legion - Put legendaries on the vendor from the start

  18. #78
    I would love to play Cata and MoP again on an official blizzard server and not on some bullshit polish server full of 12.8IQ people but I think Wrath is the last one for blizzard.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You say this like it's compelling evidence about the quality of the game, when really I think it was mainly because people were so accustomed to facerolling through Wrath. So when they were presented with challenging Heroics (which were also damn fun) they couldn't handle it. Raiding was also very, very solid in the first tier of Cata. It gets a lot of undeserved hate, imo.
    That’s funny because heroics were nerfed right before subs started to fall. Also, maybe the raids werent bad themselves, but the actual bones of the game just fell apart (especially with how they instantly turned pvp into a never ending fight meta by buffing the fuck out of health and defensives but not compensating it with damage similar to tbc-wrath).

    I’m just saying, if you are looking for any actual evidence of which expansion is worse, I would stay away from any objective stats if you’re planning on defending cata.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post

    WoD - lol
    Yup lol seriously just skip it you aren’t fixing that xpac. The ONLY thing I liked about wod was the gearing system for pvp
    Last edited by Mosha; 2021-01-26 at 01:38 AM.

  20. #80
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in the mountains, idk.
    Posts
    610
    I can't wait for Classic WoW: Shadowlands. Gonna be so epic!
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •