Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I figured everything after wrath is not as desirable. I'd love legion but I can't say I have any desire for the rest. Also with the old world revamp it just makes it all kind of "meh"

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I figured everything after wrath is not as desirable. I'd love legion but I can't say I have any desire for the rest. Also with the old world revamp it just makes it all kind of "meh"
    I tend to agree, I can see them going to Wrath and stopping there. I think that is where most of the people started playing between those three versions of the game. Obviously if they are making money the will keep doing it as that is all the new xpacs bring, same ole shit new title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I for one would welcome a version of the original Cataclysm without the patches. Those heroics were great fun if you were in a guild. Probably the last time that out-of-the-box dungeons were difficult.
    They were intended for a totally random group of 329-geared players, but were tuned for an average ilvl of 340-350.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Every single one I doubt, who really want cata or WoD classic.

But up to WolK is a given IMO.
    I'd love to play cata again. They could even fix stuff like nerfing heroics which were so much fun in the beginning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Wotlk was the beginning of the downfall so I doubt they go beyond that although MoP had good content/balance/challenge mode ect.. I honestly wouldn't mind it but I think managing 4 classic versions of the game might be too much and they will just stick to three.
    No it wasn't the beginning of the downfall. That was cata and the graphs clearly show it...

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No it wasn't the beginning of the downfall. That was cata and the graphs clearly show it...
    Some people actually believe that because wotlk didn’t bring in as many subs as vanilla-tbc did that it was somehow a beginning of the end, when in reality a game is only going to realistically hold so many players based on genre, competition, niche, etc. So wotlk was really the peak of wow because not only did it have the largest number throughout the expansion but it held that massive number throughout. If it was such a “meh expansion” like a lot of people here say sometimes then you would have seen something similar to cata or mop numbers.

Another one I here a lot is “wotlk just rode the coat tails of vanilla and tbc so people played it” which... I mean I feel like I don’t even need to explain why that’s a silly thing to say.

I don't want a classic version of most of the expansions after WotLK; I would rather improved versions.

Cata and WoD would be entirely fixed by being a year long rather than two, and by adding the Abyssal Maw and Shattrath raids.
    MoP is fixed by making the early dailies less important.
    Legion and BFA are fixed by getting rid of Artifact Power.

Also r.e. WotLK, it's a good but flawed expansion, and it's very fun for a casual player, they just dropped the ball on the first raid tier and should've made a new first-tier raid instead of re-using Naxx. World-first Yogg0 and Algalon on a classic WotLK server would be real draws to playing there.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2021-01-25 at 05:21 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I'm betting that, instead of having a dedicated server for every expansion era, you'll end up with something similar to what Everquest does with their Progression servers.

They'll start fresh, advancing from each expansion after a certain period of time/when certain milestones are achieved, until they reach a certain point. They'll then let it sit for a bit before they reset it and start all over again (either by resetting the current server or creating new progression servers).

wotlk is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Basic question. can we expect more versions of classic? That will make the playerbase more divided, but i also assume we might even surpass peak numbers this weak.
    Probably not. I believe they will go until Woltk and do something else with the other expansions.

We're definitely gonna see some sort of comeback for expansions after wotlk, but probably on the current version with timewalking tech.

Personally, I really enjoyed Cata, MoP and Legion. I'd even like to eventually see WoD again, but with all the promised features in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I don't want a classic version of most of the expansions after WotLK; I would rather improved versions.

Cata and WoD would be entirely fixed by being a year long rather than two, and by adding the Abyssal Maw and Shattrath raids.

Also r.e. WotLK, it's a good but flawed expansion, and it's very fun for a casual player, they just dropped the ball on the first raid tier and should've made a new first-tier raid instead of re-using Naxx. World-first Yogg0 and Algalon on a classic WotLK server would be real draws to playing there.
    Yeah that would be a great time to make up for old mistakes. if Classic has shown us anything, it is that keeping it "original" early on is cool (like the first 2 or so months), but long term you do want to make changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I am pretty sure that at this point, MoP and Legion are more desireable than wrath. However the difference here is that wrath is gonna bring back a lot of ex-players, while a MoP classic would cut more on the retail population than wrath would.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I am pretty sure that at this point, MoP and Legion are more desireable than wrath. However the difference here is that wrath is gonna bring back a lot of ex-players, while a MoP classic would cut more on the retail population than wrath would.
    You are really bad at reading rooms it seems if this is the answer you came up with lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I'm betting that, instead of having a dedicated server for every expansion era, you'll end up with something similar to what Everquest does with their Progression servers.

They'll start fresh, advancing from each expansion after a certain period of time/when certain milestones are achieved, until they reach a certain point. They'll then let it sit for a bit before they reset it and start all over again (either by resetting the current server or creating new progression servers).
    This. Progression servers are obviously the future.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    You are really bad at reading rooms it seems if this is the answer you came up with lol
    Dunno about that, seems pretty right to me. Plenty of people wanting MoP by the looks of it. My guild discord has people gagging over having to play Wrath though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You say this like it's compelling evidence about the quality of the game, when really I think it was mainly because people were so accustomed to facerolling through Wrath. So when they were presented with challenging Heroics (which were also damn fun) they couldn't handle it. Raiding was also very, very solid in the first tier of Cata. It gets a lot of undeserved hate, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Yep, I'd also like improved versions of each expansion.

TBC - Pretty much perfect. Maybe add Sated to LW drums, give both factions Seal of Blood. Maybe nerf SL/SL warlocks

Wrath - Go with 3.3 balance patch so DK's aren't broken. Don't release dungeon finder. Make Ulduar patch longer and Trial of the Crusader shorter. Maybe buff Naxx

Cata - Keep the heroic dungeons at launch difficulty. Transmog from the start.

MoP - Avoid the daily quest fiasco from launch

WoD - lol

Legion - Put legendaries on the vendor from the start

I would love to play Cata and MoP again on an official blizzard server and not on some bullshit polish server full of 12.8IQ people but I think Wrath is the last one for blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You say this like it's compelling evidence about the quality of the game, when really I think it was mainly because people were so accustomed to facerolling through Wrath. So when they were presented with challenging Heroics (which were also damn fun) they couldn't handle it. Raiding was also very, very solid in the first tier of Cata. It gets a lot of undeserved hate, imo.
    That’s funny because heroics were nerfed right before subs started to fall. Also, maybe the raids werent bad themselves, but the actual bones of the game just fell apart (especially with how they instantly turned pvp into a never ending fight meta by buffing the fuck out of health and defensives but not compensating it with damage similar to tbc-wrath).

I’m just saying, if you are looking for any actual evidence of which expansion is worse, I would stay away from any objective stats if you’re planning on defending cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post

WoD - lol
    Yup lol seriously just skip it you aren’t fixing that xpac. The ONLY thing I liked about wod was the gearing system for pvp
    Last edited by Mosha; 2021-01-26 at 01:38 AM.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for Classic WoW: Shadowlands. Gonna be so epic!
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    That’s funny because heroics were nerfed right before subs started to fall. Also, maybe the raids werent bad themselves, but the actual bones of the game just fell apart (especially with how they instantly turned pvp into a never ending fight meta by buffing the fuck out of health and defensives but not compensating it with damage similar to tbc-wrath).

I’m just saying, if you are looking for any actual evidence of which expansion is worse, I would stay away from any objective stats if you’re planning on defending cata.
    Sub numbers dropped in Q1 which cannot be attributed solely to heroic nerfs. The nerfs were implemented on February 8th 2011, whereas the quarter ends in March, there was not droves of people that I seen that left in 1 month, it was gradual over the period. I would even argue the majority was in the first 1-2 months, as that's normally when people decide whether they like the game and if they want to put the effort in to continue and progress. Not to mention all the hate threads on this and other websites that popped up near instantaneously after people started getting their teeth into heroics.

PvP wasn't like that to start with as a whole, it was a shitshow due to tweaks needing to be made to classes such as Rets and Warrs as wings and Reck/Deadly calm respectively were overpowered as hell, granted they probably went a bit overboard on this, but that's the same with the start of any expac. It was just as bursty towards the end (Sub Rogues with Vial anyone?).

Which expansion is "worse" is subjective. For me, Cata was awesome in terms of gameplay and content. I was unemployed and played all elements like a madman, which says a lot. Class improvements and balance were so much better, imo, and newly implemented designs such as Holy Power and the Moonkin power bar were original and at least took away some rng. I prefer the old world, but I did enjoy the new quests and systems which were more engaging, especially since I liked leveling alts.

Again, it's subjective, but that's my opinion on it.

At some point? Sure, for now though I’d say only TBC and maybe WotLK is on the table.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!