Poll: What will likely happen to Bolvar after Shadowlands?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What role will Bolvar Fordragon most likely play after Shadowlands?

Obviously, the Shadowlands will be eventually restored to some kind of order -- and Sylvanas will very likely be defeated, one way or another. But what about afterwards? Bolvar is now freed from Icecrown -- and either he stays in the afterlife forever, or he returns to Azeroth with its heroes.

1. Bolvar takes the mantle of Jailor -- just he was Jailor at Icecrown for so many years -- after the current Jailor is inevitably defeated or banished somehow. He spends the rest of eternity trying to restore what he has broken, trying to improve the system and simultaneously containing the Jailor and Sylvanas if they still exist as well, and presiding over the newly forged cosmic balance with the help of the reunited Pantheon of Death, which he himself joins.

2. Bolvar returns to Azeroth and rejoins the Alliance as a death knight and advisor to Anduin, much like in the old days, but perhaps from the shadows. His ties to both Anduin (his son in all but blood) and to Taelia (his only daughter in blood) are too strong for him to ignore, especially free from his former duties, and he goes back to Stormwind. After all, they probably reluctantly accept death knights into their ranks by now, or at least are somewhat used to their presence in their ranks, such as Thassarian openly fighting in the Alliance military.

I think they might have possibly changed the text or something -- but Bolvar does still acknowledge Anduin as his king in this quest.
    https://i.imgur.com/2aEtw76.png

3. Bolvar returns to Acherus, the Ebon Hold, and continues to lead the death knights, but withdraws from Azeroth's affairs. He remains a largely neutral NPC -- and is largely forgotten or ignored after this expansion, not unlike some other characters from the previous expansions who have faded away into irrelevancy.

Which of these options is most probable? Or something else entirely? Which would you personally prefer to see happen to Bolvar?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Probably neutral, but will likely spend some time with Taelia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He will become "Crispy", a mascot for some grilled food chain restaurant.

There's no reason for him to return to Stormwind, as it's in good hands. Turalyon and Alleria will ensure the future of the Alliance while Anduin is busy getting locked up by the Jailer and his zombie friend.

Though I suppose that Bolvar could use his Scourge as a weapon to aid the Alliance, provided that he is given an incentive to do so. I imagine that the fact that the Alliance have his beloved daughter is enough of an incentive to make him cooperate.

In fact I'm surprised Bolvar did nothing against the Horde in BfA. Was he not aware of the fact that the Horde was waging war on Kul Tiras, where he sent his beloved daughter long ago? He even made his disgust for Sylvanas publicly known, but I suppose that he wasn't interested in taking sides in the war. Coward.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-31 at 04:23 PM.

The same thing Khadgar is doing now.

Nothing.

That is assuming Bolvar will even survive

joins thrall jaina and khadgar on the bench

stand around in some DK zone until hes needed for future xpacs

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This. I'm not sure where Bolvar fits in anymore and, knowing Blizzard, that's reason enough to kill him. His only connection to the Ebon Blade was as the Lich King, which he's not anymore, and he established back in Wrath that due to what the dragon fire did to him he has no place in society. They'll probably do some contrived storyline where he sacrifices himself for Taelia.

Bolvar's been a favorite character of mine since vanilla, so I hope he still has a future beyond Shadowlands. I just don't have any faith in Blizzard writing to not go for cheap, emotional shock value or to develop complex characters.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    Fall back into obscurity, just like Khadgar and Magni, most likely. Maybe he will be restored as a Jailer of the Damned, but I expect this position to change drastically after SL events. We already know that Froustmourn and Helm plans were no. 1 things Jailer wanted to extract from Runecarver, so they have to play some greater role later.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-31 at 06:18 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    There's no reason for him to return to Stormwind, as it's in good hands. Turalyon and Alleria will ensure the future of the Alliance while Anduin is busy getting locked up by the Jailer and his zombie friend.

Though I suppose that Bolvar could use his Scourge as a weapon to aid the Alliance, provided that he is given an incentive to do so. I imagine that the fact that the Alliance have his beloved daughter is enough of an incentive to make him cooperate.

In fact I'm surprised Bolvar did nothing against the Horde in BfA. Was he not aware of the fact that the Horde was waging war on Kul Tiras, where he sent his beloved daughter long ago? He even made his disgust for Sylvanas publicly known, but I suppose that he wasn't interested in taking sides in the war. Coward.
    read the short story. bolvar couldnt use the full power of the helmet to fully control the scourge, bc that would lead to the helmet corrupting him. its the reason he only starts really using it when sylvanas stands before him. the helm is simply so evil, once you start using it 4real it turns you evil. and even they way bolvar was using it, it turned him "empty inside" as he put it, in legion.
    so he 1) didnt care too much about his daughter while wearing it and 2) couldnt interfere in BfA without turning evil as fck
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That is meaningless though. He would still return to the Shadowlands.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Could see him having a tearful farewell with Taelia and becoming the Jailer of the Damned yet again. Whether it is LK position or Jailer's position is still up for speculation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I hope he still has a future beyond Shadowlands. I just don't have any faith in Blizzard writing to not go for cheap, emotional shock value or to develop complex characters.
    But imagine that sweet HD cinematic where Bolvar sacrifices himself to save her daughter and (especially) Our Treasure, so that they can sire children the "proper" way, with Taelia weeping discretely and the Golden Boi giving one of those self righteous speeches he's so fond of, with everyone else clapping like tamed seals... Golden must already be drooling
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    But imagine that sweet HD cinematic where Bolvar sacrifices himself to save her daughter and (especially) Our Treasure, so that they can sire children the "proper" way, with Taelia weeping discretely and the Golden Boi giving one of those self righteous speeches he's so fond of, with everyone else clapping like tamed seals... Golden must already be drooling
    You really, REALLY need to take some time away from your computer if you've become this jaded regarding fictional characters. By the way, whose daughter were saying he'd sacrifice himself to save, your pronouns make no sense.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

He will 100% die in Shadowlands.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like he's gonna become the Jailer or something? But good?

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Obviously, the Shadowlands will be eventually restored to some kind of order -- and Sylvanas will very likely be defeated, one way or another. But what about afterwards? Bolvar is now freed from Icecrown -- and either he stays in the afterlife forever, or he returns to Azeroth with its heroes.

1. Bolvar takes the mantle of Jailor -- just he was Jailor at Icecrown for so many years -- after the current Jailor is inevitably defeated or banished somehow. He spends the rest of eternity trying to restore what he has broken, trying to improve the system and simultaneously containing the Jailor and Sylvanas if they still exist as well, and presiding over the newly forged cosmic balance with the help of the reunited Pantheon of Death, which he himself joins.

2. Bolvar returns to Azeroth and rejoins the Alliance as a death knight and advisor to Anduin, much like in the old days, but perhaps from the shadows. His ties to both Anduin (his son in all but blood) and to Taelia (his only daughter in blood) are too strong for him to ignore, especially free from his former duties, and he goes back to Stormwind. After all, they probably reluctantly accept death knights into their ranks by now, or at least are somewhat used to their presence in their ranks, such as Thassarian openly fighting in the Alliance military.

I think they might have possibly changed the text or something -- but Bolvar does still acknowledge Anduin as his king in this quest.
    https://i.imgur.com/2aEtw76.png

3. Bolvar returns to Acherus, the Ebon Hold, and continues to lead the death knights, but withdraws from Azeroth's affairs. He remains a largely neutral NPC -- and is largely forgotten or ignored after this expansion, not unlike some other characters from the previous expansions who have faded away into irrelevancy.

Which of these options is most probable? Or something else entirely? Which would you personally prefer to see happen to Bolvar?
    I expect him to lead the Ebon Blade, i suspect he'll play a large part in restoring some semblance of peace between the forsaken and the living races.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You really, REALLY need to take some time away from your computer if you've become this jaded regarding fictional characters. By the way, whose daughter were saying he'd sacrifice himself to save, your pronouns make no sense.
    Thanks for your (totally unrequested) advice, Mr. Psychologist and Grammar Police. But I don't think I need any advice atm
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Why do I feel like he's gonna become the Jailer or something? But good?
    That's clearly Sylvanas' end.
    Error 404 - Signature not found