Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Pit of Saron seems a bit overtuned on damage but the others have been fine so far (I've done 8 or so in total). Can't say for the raid but would expect some dodgy trash or bosses but the rest might be fine.
    raid is ...funny since most of people have no clue on mechanics. the plus is you can basicly solo tank it if you have semi competent group and tw gear set

I healed 5 TW dungeons today using LFG. One wipe in five dungeons, in Halls of Lightning, in the room leading to Loken because people didn't stun/interrupt the dwarven bladestorming. Overall these dungeons felt extremely easy, bosses died within BL (and yes, I did Pit of Saron) and I didn't notice anything different from the previous TW snoozefests.

The legendary cloak from BfA provides a considerable boost (like a +35% boost of the main stat temporarily).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-01-02 at 01:12 AM.

Doing Ulduar again was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i mean i did a few dungeons pretty early and while it looked like tanks were taking big hits on pull it wasnt awful to heal
    Funny thing is, TW dungeons were supposed to be tuned like heroics and also drop heroic item level gear, which they don't at the moment.

Also: WotLK Timewalking should be accessible with level 30 characters. Currently you can only participate if you are level 50 and higher. Just another thing, Blizzard fucked up. I was so looking forward to leveling up some lower characters that I haven't played since Legion in TW, but no!

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, no they were not.
    Yes, yes they were. Stop trying to stoke some sense of self importance "oh im so old school when things were hard" no man. youre lying to yourself to build ego, but these dungeons were super easy, chain pulling was common place in naxx gear, soloable in end game gear. the scaling is wildly inaccurate and their abilities dont even match what they did back in the day. need proof? chain pull in halls of lightning and enjoy being non stop stun fucked to death, no way to get outta the endless sheildbash. broken.

This is working as it should btw (Ulduar).

Not knowing the encounters and thinking you will faceroll will result in OP's experience.

It is extremely easy once you do though.

Went there with my guild last night and we cleared it. The trash was harder than the bosses. Hard modes were difficult without remembering strats clearly, so we only did one.
    Algalon was closed though, which was sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    Yes, yes they were. Stop trying to stoke some sense of self importance "oh im so old school when things were hard" no man. youre lying to yourself to build ego, but these dungeons were super easy, chain pulling was common place in naxx gear, soloable in end game gear. the scaling is wildly inaccurate and their abilities dont even match what they did back in the day. need proof? chain pull in halls of lightning and enjoy being non stop stun fucked to death, no way to get outta the endless sheildbash. broken.
    Seems like you're the one with the ego, using it to dismiss what i said but sure if it makes you feel right go ahead and attack me. Here's the thing though: It won't make you right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like you're the one with the ego, using it to dismiss what i said but sure if it makes you feel right go ahead and attack me. Here's the thing though: It won't make you right.
    You both have an ego. Wrath 5-mans were not that hard compared to other expansions. There are a few like the Occulus that were avoided but that wasn't entirely because of difficulty more so the mechanics. The 3 ICC patch 5-mans were designed to be a little harder then the rest and were tuned to be harder. The instances were not that hard after all remember that the first raid was cleared in Sunwell gear.

The difficulty varies based on experience though because skill and how you handled some of the mechanics made things harder or easier as they always do. But in the grand scheme of things I don't thing WotL has been remembered as difficult instances. Even Cataclysm's weren't that bad on launch if you knew what you were doing. But that didn't translate well to the general player base. Which is why the chance of group success actually went down as more people hit level cap because the first to hit cap usually knew how to play the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Moonkin is absolutely and totally fucking broken in TW right now.

I did the actual 5 dungeons earlier on my Warrior. For science I pulled out old legendaries.

MOP cloak - Aside from great stats the proc is bananas, it procs non stop and does a lot of damage.
    Sephuz ring (stats/socket) - Any good rings with a socket. WOD legendary ring is useless. ICC ring has almost no stats on it, proc is 1ppm (meh).
    Heart of azeroth with essences
    The last 3 azerite pieces that I didn't vendor
    Shadowmourne
    Arcano Crystal + Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds (SL trinket, broken scaling)

I was doing more damage than the entire rest of the group combined. The difference these twink items make is huge, which only makes it more annoying that Blizz nerfed the Legiondaries since there is a lot of potential for fun to be had here for people who just want to have a blast, almost like Torghast style. Pit of Saron we had twice, it was a lot more difficult than other dungeons in terms of the damage dealt by mobs.

TW is fine, but I can see how POS could stop some less experienced players in a weaker group.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-01-03 at 04:09 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I did the actual 5 dungeons earlier on my Warrior. For science I pulled out old legendaries.

MOP cloak - Aside from great stats the proc is bananas, it procs non stop and does a lot of damage.
    Sephuz ring (stats/socket) - Any good rings with a socket. WOD legendary ring is useless. ICC ring has almost no stats on it, proc is 1ppm (meh).
    Heart of azeroth with essences
    The last 3 azerite pieces that I didn't vendor
    Shadowmourne
    Arcano Crystal + Decanter of Anima-Charged Winds (SL trinket, broken scaling)

I was doing more damage than the entire rest of the group combined. The difference these twink items make is huge, which only makes it more annoying that Blizz nerfed the Legiondaries since there is a lot of potential for fun to be had here for people who just want to have some fun, almost like Torghast style. Pit of Saron we had twice, it was several times more difficult than other dungeons in terms of the damage dealt by mobs.

TW is fine, but I can see how POS could stop some less experienced players in a weaker group.
    The Legendary ring is dogshit but the RPPM ring you get before the Legendary ring is still pretty good. The MoP Meta gem in Helms is still pretty good, too. The MoP Legendary cloak is good damage but I actually found the BfA Legendary to be more consistent (for me at least). Your HoA and Azerite talents also work and some of them are pretty broken in combination with SL talents.

I mean just did it last night, and there were a couple things odd, but generally speaking everything was killable. There wasn't something that made the fight more challenging. As a pug we one shot most bosses. Only fight that gave us problems was Vezax and even that was a quick adjustment.

Yes there are bugs, but the wording seems pretty hyperbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it easily on two toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I mean just did it last night, and there were a couple things odd, but generally speaking everything was killable. There wasn't something that made the fight more challenging. As a pug we one shot most bosses. Only fight that gave us problems was Vezax and even that was a quick adjustment.

Yes there are bugs, but the wording seems pretty hyperbolic.
    Yeah I did it on my Rogue last night, we wiped once on Vezax and the group thought "omg this is so hard how can we kill it" and then I had them make some /range macros and spread out around the room, then we killed it easily and they were all amazed at how boring the fight was. Then one of the other guys explained Yogg to the lesser experienced and we one shot that.

We wiped twice to Hodir while I explained to them how the flash freeze worked and then got the speed kill. I think the hardest fight is maybe Flame Leviathan, but at least they fixed the scaling on the vehicles so they don't die immediately on taking damage (they did when I did it on wednesday, still doable tho).

The raid in general is really easy, nicely balanced if anything for the kinda content it is.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The Legendary ring is dogshit but the RPPM ring you get before the Legendary ring is still pretty good. The MoP Meta gem in Helms is still pretty good, too. The MoP Legendary cloak is good damage but I actually found the BfA Legendary to be more consistent (for me at least). Your HoA and Azerite talents also work and some of them are pretty broken in combination with SL talents.
    Yeah I didn't try the MOP helm, the Azerite pieces seemed so valuable that nothing else can compared due to how high the primary stat is on them, that's without the spec synergy with traits. Some of the Azerite traits seem to be nearly useless while others are still strong. I didn't try the BFA cloak, I wasn't sure if it would actually proc (due to lvl50 req but I guess it does) but the MOP cloak proc did about 10% of my damage in a dungeon, about the same as Bladestorm by comparison.

Maybe next time it comes around I will try the MOP helm meta though. I didn't have a good main essence either, used Breath of the Dying major but it had effectively no use, Blood of the Enemy would have made for a big increase in burst I just didn't have a chance to swap it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

No, no they were not.
    Wrath heroics were far easier than BC heroics, and the raids were far easier too. Especially at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Both of those things are not bugs, that's working as intended.
    Pet battles have been horribly designed for several expansions now. It got especially bad in BfA with huge number of outdoor "boss pets" taht could only be downed by extremely specific comps, as well as pet tamers with 3x "rare" pets that each had more stats and RNG involved then ANY legendary pet tamer team.

And instead of dialing down on this whole "You have to have THIS moveset to defeat this boss, if you don't have it you are fucked", they doubled down on it even, along with nerfing the major "This will get you most, but not all PvE boss pet battles done" (Stampede+Black Claw doesn't work on most tamers and is useless in PvP).

It's fucking terrible design overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I carried a raid, including a bunch of HMs, since it's so wildly undertuned on most of it. Some of the scenarios you described happened in WotLK, especially the Auriaya pull deaths. You're supposed to LoS pull it, otherwise they will all Pounce simultaneously. There's currently so many items that absolutely break Ulduar TW. Even my DH that has only ~3-4 make a massive difference.
    Last edited by Eninya; 2021-01-03 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Pet battles have been horribly designed for several expansions now. It got especially bad in BfA with huge number of outdoor "boss pets" taht could only be downed by extremely specific comps, as well as pet tamers with 3x "rare" pets that each had more stats and RNG involved then ANY legendary pet tamer team.

And instead of dialing down on this whole "You have to have THIS moveset to defeat this boss, if you don't have it you are fucked", they doubled down on it even, along with nerfing the major "This will get you most, but not all PvE boss pet battles done" (Stampede+Black Claw doesn't work on most tamers and is useless in PvP).

It's fucking terrible design overall.
    Are you actually complaining that in a pokemon-type pet battling game that needing a specific comp to overcome a specific talent is a bad thing? If you don't like pokemon fine but don't say the design is bad because you don't like pokemon.

Needing specific comps to down tough challenges has been a thing since pet battles were released in MoP. Remember the beasts of fable and the cheesy sunlight/predatory strikes combo they had to break? Or the fluxfire feline 3-round one shot they had to break out? Or the Celestial Tournament where even with the correct comp you could still lose and have to start the whole scenario over?

Don't have the right comp? Go get the pet that can do it or suck it up buttercup. There's nearly twice as many battle pets as there are pokemon, make it work.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-01-03 at 09:15 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Are you actually complaining that in a pokemon-type pet battling game that needing a specific comp to overcome a specific talent is a bad thing? If you don't like pokemon fine but don't say the design is bad because you don't like pokemon.

Needing specific comps to down tough challenges has been a thing since pet battles were released in MoP. Remember the beasts of fable and the cheesy sunlight/predatory strikes combo they had to break? Or the fluxfire feline 3-round one shot they had to break out? Or the Celestial Tournament where even with the correct comp you could still lose and have to start the whole scenario over?

Don't have the right comp? Go get the pet that can do it or suck it up buttercup. There's nearly twice as many battle pets as there are pokemon, make it work.
    There is a significant difference between actual Pokemon (Which has both depth to it, as well as relative ease for finishing the game), and Pet Battles.

And there's a difference between cheesy one-shot strats with Pet Battles that you can also do normally (All of the Beasts of Fables could be done simple with matching up types, no specific moveset needed. Celestial Tournament merely required a large roster along with type-matching with the exception of Niuzao, where you did need to kill him before he wished himself back to full health), and the current design where even Cheesy strats have a chance of failure, meaning that regular type-matching doesn't even have a shot at winning.

Back during WoD, despite the fact that both Ikky and Unborn Val'kyr were around, you didn't need either of them to suceed in Pet Battles - Even with the Tanaan jungle bosses, you could still simpy type-match and win, as long as you had something to deal with their special moveset.

But the 8.2 legendary pet battles? You almost needed Ikky+Val'kyr combo to even have a chance at doing half of the fights. Or explosion based comps. Ect. Even if you perfectly matched up types, you would still fail on most of them.

And again, there is also the sign of how lazy Blizzard has become when, despite most new pet tamers having pets with MORE combined stats then previous Legendary pet tamers, every SINGLE pet is considered rare instead of Legendary. How hard is it to just change the rarity of the pets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There is a significant difference between actual Pokemon (Which has both depth to it, as well as relative ease for finishing the game), and Pet Battles.

And there's a difference between cheesy one-shot strats with Pet Battles that you can also do normally (All of the Beasts of Fables could be done simple with matching up types, no specific moveset needed. Celestial Tournament merely required a large roster along with type-matching with the exception of Niuzao, where you did need to kill him before he wished himself back to full health), and the current design where even Cheesy strats have a chance of failure, meaning that regular type-matching doesn't even have a shot at winning.

Back during WoD, despite the fact that both Ikky and Unborn Val'kyr were around, you didn't need either of them to suceed in Pet Battles - Even with the Tanaan jungle bosses, you could still simpy type-match and win, as long as you had something to deal with their special moveset.

But the 8.2 legendary pet battles? You almost needed Ikky+Val'kyr combo to even have a chance at doing half of the fights. Or explosion based comps. Ect. Even if you perfectly matched up types, you would still fail on most of them.

And again, there is also the sign of how lazy Blizzard has become when, despite most new pet tamers having pets with MORE combined stats then previous Legendary pet tamers, every SINGLE pet is considered rare instead of Legendary. How hard is it to just change the rarity of the pets?
    The rarity of the pet has a meaning. A rare pet gets a 30% stat bonus over what it would be if it was grey. An epic pet gets 40%. And a legendary pet gets 50%. There's also elite pets which take half damage and boss pets which not only take half damage but also can't be hit for more than a third of their health in one go to block things like the howlbomb strat.

As for your 8.2 argument, I just checked Xu-fu's. Every one of the Tanaan pets have 4-15 strats besides the howlbomb or ikky that worked. Just because they're the most well known strat doesn't mean they're the only one, and your entire argument pretty much falls apart.

As for type matching not being a guarantee, that's always been a thing. Even in my first days of pet taming when I was fighting single digit tamers I'd see they had beast pets so I'd bring out a mech, only to get torn apart because that beast had an ele move.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.