Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

TW is a nightmare atm

After the loot starting out at level 30 this morning after it went live, it was hotfixed to give 158 item level gear for level 60's. Tanks were getting 1 shot on bosses and trash prior to the hotfix and after the hotfix shit was still hitting like a truck. My 182 item level DK was having to pop defensive cooldowns on trash. I got done running the TW Ulduar with a guild from Mal'ganis who were in a mix of normal, heroic, and mythic gear (5 of them with 2 friends & family they were getting gear for) and 3 pugs including me. I swear to god I didn't die as much in Ulduar when I was progressing through it when it was current content. Shit was 1 shotting people including the tanks. Cat Lady caused us to wipe 3 times because the cats were insta killing our tank on the pull before I put guardian spirit on him before the pull (and he still nearly died when we did it that way). Mimiron 2 shot me on the pull when I apparently pulled agro from a prayer of mending & bubble that was done BEFORE the pull. Guardian on Yogg hit me for 5400 damage when I only had 3800 HP in there. Yeah times were fun tonight lol

broken scaling and Blizzard. Name a more iconic duo

Another thing they don't care about.

But lets make sure freaking pet battles work well because that is most relevant content!

Such a shame, TW has always been my favorite event but I only do BG, TW and mythic ones anyway. Other weekly events are related to content that should have been removed. (Well skirmish is kinda meh neutral but could do without)
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

TBH the only dungeons remotely challenging seemed to be the ICC ones, and usually only because people don't remember mechanics and just get gibbed by avoidable shit they have no clue is there or how to avoid. The regular ol' dungeons seemed like cakewalks even for obviously clueless operators.

At this point, when was the last time Timewalking wasn't a nightmare? Feels like it's been a tuning mess since Legion started the enormous swings in borrowed power. If they balance around max level, endgame players with borrowed power then anyone in the leveling process gets absolutely smashed in the dungeons; vice versa, and the content becomes even more faceroll than normal dungeons; scale it based on level where max level sees a larger spike due to borrowed power and fresh max level characters can't pull their weight. Blizzard painted themselves into a corner with this content due to their overarching game design. That said, I really do think they should lean towards making this content easier, or more forgiving because it's just a weekly pug event, and there's no prestige, or competitiveness in it. And ultimately, this level of gear intentionally isn't balanced for because it's basically leveling content/gear. So it's going to have weird swings in functionality to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My 182 item level DK was having to pop defensive cooldowns on trash. I got done running the TW Ulduar with a guild from Mal'ganis who were in a mix of normal, heroic, and mythic gear
    You're forgetting that gear ilvl is completely meaningless in Timewalking - everything is scaled down to the same ilvl (35 for this week, I think?). Not to say that the scaling is on point (it isn't), but you're using these frames of reference when they don't actually change anything. Shits just weird when you scale everyone down to an ilvl that nothing is balanced around. Unholy does less DPS doing an AoE rotation on five mobs at this scaling than it does in single target, and tanks are basically a fourth DPS on AoE pulls from my experience in runs this week.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2020-12-30 at 09:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    TBH the only dungeons remotely challenging seemed to be the ICC ones, and usually only because people don't remember mechanics and just get gibbed by avoidable shit they have no clue is there or how to avoid. The regular ol' dungeons seemed like cakewalks even for obviously clueless operators.
    I remember most of the mechanics from Dungeons and Raids all the way back to TBC. Wiping on all the content over a 2 year period before the next expansion launched kind of burns things into my mind. I'm fine =P

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I remember most of the mechanics from Dungeons and Raids all the way back to TBC. Wiping on all the content over a 2 year period before the next expansion launched kind of burns things into my mind. I'm fine =P
    Same here. I think they're intended to be a bit harder, like back in the day.

That being said; Wrath dungeons and raids were rather easy compared to other expacs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post

That being said; Wrath dungeons and raids were rather easy compared to other expacs..
    No, no they were not.

15+ Year Old Account

This was simply down to the gear being handed out exceeding the content it was designed for. Last boss in the dungeons used to drop epic level gear. When they first launched they were fine for tuning.

The loot dropped in dungeons and vendor rewards are utter garbage. It's only here for a week, it should award better gear then normal 5-mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, no they were not.
    This was simply down to the gear being handed out exceeding the content it was designed for. Last boss in the dungeons used to drop epic level gear. When they first launched they were fine for tuning.

I guess it's personal for me then. I found all wrath raids/dungeons to be really easy (and fun).
    I personally never had issues with other expects, but noticed the most problems for pugs in Cataclysm and WOD, due to vague mechanics that needed to be learnt properly.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    After the loot starting out at level 30 this morning after it went live, it was hotfixed to give 158 item level gear for level 60's. Tanks were getting 1 shot on bosses and trash prior to the hotfix and after the hotfix shit was still hitting like a truck. My 182 item level DK was having to pop defensive cooldowns on trash. I got done running the TW Ulduar with a guild from Mal'ganis who were in a mix of normal, heroic, and mythic gear (5 of them with 2 friends & family they were getting gear for) and 3 pugs including me. I swear to god I didn't die as much in Ulduar when I was progressing through it when it was current content. Shit was 1 shotting people including the tanks. Cat Lady caused us to wipe 3 times because the cats were insta killing our tank on the pull before I put guardian spirit on him before the pull (and he still nearly died when we did it that way). Mimiron 2 shot me on the pull when I apparently pulled agro from a prayer of mending & bubble that was done BEFORE the pull. Guardian on Yogg hit me for 5400 damage when I only had 3800 HP in there. Yeah times were fun tonight lol
    Ulduar TW isn't tuned for 158 gear, it's tuned for ilvl 200 as that's what it drops...

So of course you're going have a harder time

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Ulduar TW isn't tuned for 158 gear, it's tuned for ilvl 200 as that's what it drops...

Logic says if a dungeon or raid drops a certain ilevel, then people needing loot from it usually go there in lower ilevel.
    Also, not everyone raids, and not everyone is in wf guilds where they buy out the whole region's boes, so ilevels are lower this time around.

Seems like the usual case of "oopsie, who would have thought!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's personal for me then. I found all wrath raids/dungeons to be really easy (and fun).
    I personally never had issues with other expects, but noticed the most problems for pugs in Cataclysm and WOD, due to vague mechanics that needed to be learnt properly.
    I quite like dungeon mechanics requiring you to learn them instead of cheesing. Guess it's just a throw back from when I first started but TBC heroic dungeons were no joke. When Cata came around I was glad to see the return to normal (for me) dungeons requiring CC and aggro checks etc. Was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like dungeon mechanics requiring you to learn them instead of cheesing. Guess it's just a throw back from when I first started but TBC heroic dungeons were no joke. When Cata came around I was glad to see the return to normal (for me) dungeons requiring CC and aggro checks etc. Was fun.
    It was yeah! It was just a shame most people were used to facerolling it, they never bothered to actually pay attention

Just another item on the list of stuff that is broken.

Players: Please, it's broken and needs to be fixed.

Blizz: It's working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    No, no they were not.
    Someone's forgetting that wrath 5 man's are basically responsible for the 5 man mentality we have today, the one gogogo and pull as much as possible one.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post

It scales you to ilvl 35 lol. Only thing that matters is if you equip your Heart of Azeroth or not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    broken scaling and Blizzard. Name a more iconic duo
    Buggy games and Bethesda.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I pugged Ulduar earlier with 25 randoms in the raid and it was piss easy. We one shot most bosses even with several people screwing up mechanics and dying. Mimiron was a joke. We beat yogg our second pull.