Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Are you just being pedantic for the hell of it? It's a market.
    They're not being pedantic though. Yes, it's a market. If you know anything about markets, then you also know that value and worth are distinct terms.

You may value what you have at a certain amount, but if nobody actually wants it then it has no worth. At the very least it is likely worth less than your valuation.

I think this is what multiple people have been trying to tell you. What you do with that information is up to you, obviously.

It is all selling, but due to the new last-in first-out system you have to literally be on the AH 24/7 to sell big-ticket items. The moment you list, someone else delists and relists, making them first in line to sell.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    They're not being pedantic though. Yes, it's a market. If you know anything about markets, then you also know that value and worth are distinct terms.

You may value what you have at a certain amount, but if nobody actually wants it then it has no worth. At the very least it is likely worth less than your valuation.

I think this is what multiple people have been trying to tell you. What you do with that information is up to you, obviously.
    As I said I've undercut regional and server prices, substantially at times.

Price is driven by demand. Obviously there is no demand for your junk, hence no one is buying it for your princes. Adjust your prices or hoard them, all you can do, that's the 101 of business.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It is all selling, but due to the new last-in first-out system you have to literally be on the AH 24/7 to sell big-ticket items. The moment you list, someone else delists and relists, making them first in line to sell.
    Yeah this is definitely something very annoying to have to deal with. I just undercut by large chunks and leave it up for 48 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Price is driven by demand. Obviously there is no demand for your junk, hence no one is buying it for your princes. Adjust your prices or hoard them, all you can do, that's the 101 of business.
    I'm the one adjusting prices. I never sell for regional or even server price, always discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Wealthy players are wealthy because they only buy good deals :P
    As Bill Gates said (not really him, it was on the Simpsons):

"I didn't get rich by writing a lot of fat checks."

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah this is definitely something very annoying to have to deal with. I just undercut by large chunks and leave it up for 48 hours.
    That's the thing - the price doesn't matter. Someone else delists and relists at your same price. The AH meta now is to stay at an auctioneer listing/delisting/relisting faster than your competitors can, for as long as you can. I invested a TON of gold to get rank 4 leggo patterns available for my guild, and to move the items I made to level up I've had to camp the AH for literally hours.

I'm the one adjusting prices. I never sell for regional or even server price, always discounted.
    Unless they actually sell their junk, they are just like you, trying to charge more than people are willing to pay.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Typed out a massive response and browser crashed..
    To summarize ,you didn't really specify what you're selling
    Unobtainable mounts and pets will sell, eventually

Unobtainable transmogs from old expansions probably won't, because they often look like garbage

Still obtainable but rare mounts and pets I have found once you hit 200-300k+ you have slim chance of selling fast, transmogs forget about it. This is because veteran players with lots of gold already have all of these things they want, and new players simply don't have the capital to slam down all of their gold on one item when they can get it themselves through perseverance

Unobtainable rare useless items like a haunted memento? You'll be posting that for years and probably never sell it.

Might be that the buyers aren't drying up, but that you've sold the items that people want and you're left with a lovely set of super rare garbage in the bank. For example I made absolute bank fishing in boralus selling the great sea ray at 100-150k. That's people pushing for numbers to get their mount meta achievements. But those same people aren't gonna buy a swift spectral tiger. I done most of this in patch 9.0 so it's not ancient history. Also with shadowlands there are sooo many mounts to obtain via puzzles treasure chests etc, those people pushing for mount numbers have free options at the moment, once we are a few months in maybe it'll be worth my while selling great sea rays again

But without being specific on what items you're trying to move then I don't really know

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Nope, GM wouldn't even restore it...
    I feel like you need to push hard and try different GM's

I wanted to restore an item I had literally deleted years ago and went through several GM's before I got a sympathetic one that followed through for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a waiting game with high value items. It can take months to move rare items with a high price point.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I feel like you need to push hard and try different GM's

I wanted to restore an item I had literally deleted years ago and went through several GM's before I got a sympathetic one that followed through for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a waiting game with high value items. It can take months to move rare items with a high price point.
    It also depends on when it happened. From what I've seen it appears to be much less common for GMs to help with that since they introduced the automatic battle.net restoration service.

My house is rare and unique, but just because I say it's worth millions it don't make it so.

Your stuff is only worth what people are prepared to pay. Sounds like it's not worth what you think, and frankly the odd "rare" transmog item is only worth gold if somebody really wants that one particular look. On a small server, odds are it will never sell.

I've got all sorts of rare and or unobtainable items that I literally cannot sell.

I undercut regional prices. I undercut server prices. Substantially even. And still, nothing sells.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Where are all the collectors and wealthy players at? How is an entire region all selling these items for similar prices if it never sells?
    If you're undercutting and not finding sales then either your items appeal to very tiny markets or you're overestimating the price. You either need patience, or you need to sacrifice profit and undercut harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinktortex View Post
    Typed out a massive response and browser crashed..
    To summarize ,you didn't really specify what you're selling
    Unobtainable mounts and pets will sell, eventually

Unobtainable transmogs from old expansions probably won't, because they often look like garbage

Still obtainable but rare mounts and pets I have found once you hit 200-300k+ you have slim chance of selling fast, transmogs forget about it. This is because veteran players with lots of gold already have all of these things they want, and new players simply don't have the capital to slam down all of their gold on one item when they can get it themselves through perseverance

Unobtainable rare useless items like a haunted memento? You'll be posting that for years and probably never sell it.

Might be that the buyers aren't drying up, but that you've sold the items that people want and you're left with a lovely set of super rare garbage in the bank. For example I made absolute bank fishing in boralus selling the great sea ray at 100-150k. That's people pushing for numbers to get their mount meta achievements. But those same people aren't gonna buy a swift spectral tiger. I done most of this in patch 9.0 so it's not ancient history. Also with shadowlands there are sooo many mounts to obtain via puzzles treasure chests etc, those people pushing for mount numbers have free options at the moment, once we are a few months in maybe it'll be worth my while selling great sea rays again

But without being specific on what items you're trying to move then I don't really know
    I appreciate you taking the time out to reply despite that. And, I mean, I have all sorts of stuff.

Removed/rare profession crafts like: Masterwork Stormhammer, Arcanite Champion, Gloves of Spell Mastery, Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector, Star Belt, Heavy Scorpid Shoulders, Invulnerable Mail, etc.

Removed/rare profession crafts like: Pristine Hide of the Beast, Primal Tiger Leather, Frozen Runes, Red/Blue/Black/Green Dragon Scales, etc.

Removed "useless" items like: Almost every hunter arrow/ammo, Devout Candles, Symbol of Kings/Divinity, Arcane Powder, Rune of Tele/Portal, Essence of Pain, Blinding Powder, Corpse Dust, Ankhs, Unadorned Seal of Ascension, ZG Coins, 40man Naxx Armor scraps, etc.

Rare/removed pets like: Spectral Tiger Cub, Ethereal Soul-Trader, Dragon Kite, Hatespark the Tiny, Guardian Cub, Eye of the Legion, Gusting Grimoire, etc.

Removed mounts like Feldrake, Mottled Drake, and Ghastly Charger

Rare/removed transmog like: Glacial Gloves/Bracers, Teebu's Blazing/Screeching Longsword, Nimar's Tribal Headdress, Rugged Trapper's Shirt, Scarlet belt/boots/gloves/chest, Blade of Hanna, Assassin's Blade, Wild Dancer Boots, Sleek Feathered Tunic, Guerilla Armor, Dragonmaw Chain Boots, Sin'Dorein Cloak of Warding, Virbant Silk Cape, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

For some items it's been years, and it's mostly on High pop servers.

Youll get more eyes spamming trade than just throwing it up on the AH and forgetting about it. Just say less than AH then maybe people will make a deal.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If you're undercutting and not finding sales then either your items appeal to very tiny markets or you're overestimating the price. You either need patience, or you need to sacrifice profit and undercut harder.
    I'm sure some of what I've got has nearly non existent buyers market now, but the other stuff is pretty coveted. And still, very little of it moves over years time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Youll get more eyes spamming trade than just throwing it up on the AH and forgetting about it. Just say less than AH then maybe people will make a deal.
    I do this. I've also advertized for people join my guild on an alt and peruse my guild bank, similar to a flea market.

I appreciate you taking the time out to reply despite that. And, I mean, I have all sorts of stuff.

Removed/rare profession crafts like: Masterwork Stormhammer, Arcanite Champion, Gloves of Spell Mastery, Hyper-Radiant Flame Reflector, Star Belt, Heavy Scorpid Shoulders, Invulnerable Mail, etc.

Removed/rare profession crafts like: Pristine Hide of the Beast, Primal Tiger Leather, Frozen Runes, Red/Blue/Black/Green Dragon Scales, etc.

Removed "useless" items like: Almost every hunter arrow/ammo, Devout Candles, Symbol of Kings/Divinity, Arcane Powder, Rune of Tele/Portal, Essence of Pain, Blinding Powder, Corpse Dust, Ankhs, Unadorned Seal of Ascension, ZG Coins, 40man Naxx Armor scraps, etc.

Rare/removed pets like: Spectral Tiger Cub, Ethereal Soul-Trader, Dragon Kite, Hatespark the Tiny, Guardian Cub, Eye of the Legion, Gusting Grimoire, etc.

Rare/removed transmog like: Glacial Gloves/Bracers, Teebu's Blazing/Screeching Longsword, Nimar's Tribal Headdress, Rugged Trapper's Shirt, Scarlet belt/boots/gloves/chest, Blade of Hanna, Assassin's Blade, Wild Dancer Boots, Sleek Feathered Tunic, Guerilla Armor, Dragonmaw Chain Boots, Sin'Dorein Cloak of Warding, Virbant Silk Cape, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

For some items it's been years, and it's mostly on High pop servers.
    A lot of that stuff is just junk that nobody will pay 1g for. The mount and pets are understandable but useless items and crafts, well theres a certain type of person that would want that stuff but there is maybe 1 person on a given server per year that may want that stuff. The mounts are more demandable but the high price lowers demand.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Aye, well. Could just be that nobody wants what you're selling. Maybe it's worthless stuff. Objectively, I mean. Sometimes you just gotta take the L and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Aye, well. Could just be that nobody wants what you're selling. Maybe it's worthless stuff. Objectively, I mean. Sometimes you just gotta take the L and move on.
    I listed a lot of it. See for yourself.

I don't know why you've put "useless" as such. Because they are quite literally useless. No one will buy that stuff

Your old armour and weapons have been released for transmog, or nobody wants them. Mail wearers can get Ensemble: Chain of the Scarlet crusade. So you can keep those or vendor them.

Arcanite champion came back in legion so that's worthless, teebu's got an hd remake in BfA, the pattern for heavy scorpid shoulders returned in MoP so is farmable. Blade of hanna... Eh there are other katana type swords that are more easily obtained.

Honestly apart from the pets and mounts that is all completely worthless to 99.999999% of the playerbase. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think my earlier comment hit the nail on the head. You've already sold the majority of the desirable stuff

You aren't likely to ever sell those materials and flavor items since the demand for them is almost non-existent. Now there is a demand for mounts, pets, and mogs from your list, but such items are still extremely slow moving. Literal years may pass before you find the right buyer. Additionally, now's not the ideal time to sell cosmetics because, at this point in the expansion, everyone's funneling their gold into new stuff like gear and consumables so they can progress faster. Cosmetics are best sold during content lulls.