Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Venthyr - Ember court, can I never do this again?

What am I missing out if i skip the ember court forever other than the shitty cosmetics offered by the npc on top of sinfall?

I love venthyr, the lore the asthetics, even the quests.
    But i despise the ember court and all its preparation.
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely nothing besides cosmetics and cheevos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Absolutely nothing besides cosmetics and cheevos.
    no significant leg up to faction experience or nothing? just that npc junk?
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    no significant leg up to faction experience or nothing? just that npc junk?
    nah it's solely cosmetic. no player power.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even bothered unlocking it as it looks about as much fun as attempting sex with a toaster and offers nothing of value. Kinda comical compared to the solo power/value my alt gets from his abomination factory lol.

I'm glad this thread exists because while I need to build the Queen's Conservatory all the way (and apparently that's all I need to do) to get the transmog I want, and I got burned by caring even for a moment about the path of ascension, and don't know how I lived before I had my sweet Roseboil on my necrolord... The only faction specific minigame I still have that taunting green arrow to build is the ember court... and it doesn't sound fun.

So maybe I'll just leave that green arrow there forever haha!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't touched it since the intro quests so I certainly hope nothing important is tied to it.

Yea. I did it twice myself. Booooy I don't think I'll ever do it again unless Blizzard decides to make it less...obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was an event planner/catering sales for 7 years. BAD FLASHBACKS. Hell to the no on that 'party' event
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    On a 0-Shit scale, can you compare it with the Bastion Path of Ascension stuff? Never gone “aw hell naw, fuck this” so quick at something.
    The Path of Ascension hasn't been that bad imo. If you unlock it you start grabbing Medallion of Service from a lot of different things. You can take 5 of them and purchase Supplies for the Path which will give you all the craftable mats you need. That leaves you just needing to farm Soul Mirror Shard so that you can do the quest to go get the memory. After that you can look up a few guides and 1 shot everything available in Tier 1 of the mini-game itself.

Can't say for sure about Tier 2 since I haven't unlocked it and probably won't for awhile since the Transportation / Anima Conductor are better imo, but at least Rank 1 will allow you to start accumulating the Medallion of Service.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad, unless you select Pelagos and Cleia and you get these nasty NPCs slowing and stunning you. This one needs fixing asap.

Formal parties are fine and easy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I haven't even bothered unlocking it as it looks about as much fun as attempting sex with a toaster and offers nothing of value. Kinda comical compared to the solo power/value my alt gets from his abomination factory lol.
    don't knock it til you've tried it - it's hot!

I'm done doing the court until we can fly, that will at least make the prep more tolerable.

On top of that, all cosmetic rewards from court are recolours of something, as far as I can tell there isn't anything unique there, like a mount model and cape mog that isn't available from other places in different colour.

Suffice to say as soon as I learned this I haven't touch that thing again.

Yeah, did the intro but never did any of the follow up quests.
    It's boring as heck for litteraly no rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    It's not that bad, unless you select Pelagos and Cleia and you get these nasty NPCs slowing and stunning you. This one needs fixing asap.

Formal parties are fine and easy.
    Pelagos and crpytkeeper are the 2 easiest ones to combine for max rep. Just with the attonement rituals you can get enough formal and humble for max rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm done doing the court until we can fly, that will at least make the prep more tolerable.
    You literally have a week to do it. It's not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You literally have a week to do it. It's not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.
    It's not about the weekly reset. Going point to point on the ground is not enjoyable to me.

If anything, I'd say the RSVP quests are the worst part.

Like, who made this and thought it was a good repeatable quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It's not about the weekly reset. Going point to point on the ground is not enjoyable to me.
    That sounds more like you just not enjoying the game.