Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Unhappy 2020 ends the worst possible way, with Skynet around the corner...

Fun video...of them dancing, until you realize those are some complex maneuvers...what else could they soon do?...

I mean...they always had problem with balance, but look how they spin around n find their footing no problem...I thought this was years away...

but no, the nerds of evil can't wait to put us all in our massgraves...

WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me the industrial military complex don't have a boner to field some crazy shit soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes really deadly
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    oh yes really deadly
    I see, you are lured by the cute dance n music...but put some guns on them n it won't be so fun anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always just not give the robots guns
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I see, you are lured by the cute dance n music...but put some guns on them n it won't be so fun anymore...
    If I know humans like I think I do, guns will be like, last on the list of things they will make them do. Top of the list is alone time if ya catch my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

All I can think of now are dancing terminators.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

A programmed dance routine does not a Skynet make.

When the robots start deciding when and how to dance for themselves...that's when I will start worrying.

When robots become sentient we need to treat them good and humanely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can always just not give the robots guns
    The words. I know what they mean. But when you but them in that order, they don't make sense. How can you NOT give anything a gun? Freedom? Liberty? Where are your Freeberties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of effort it took to program those robots would have been very time consuming because they are using multiple axis movements at the same time.

Honestly, do people seriously think robots can just teach themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Honestly, do people seriously think robots can just teach themselves?
    Try googling "machine learning". Don't step into 2021 being ignorant

emps bro.
    stockpiling as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    When robots become sentient we need to treat them good and humanely.
    They will never become sentient. They will just become more and more fake sentient to the point that we won't be able to tell and that is where the problems will begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Try googling "machine learning". Don't step into 2021 being ignorant
    Do you want Men Of Iron? That's how you get Men Of Iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Do you want Men Of Iron? That's how you get Men Of Iron.
    Oh I knew of Iron Men, GW stole this part largely from Dune. And yeah sentient machines might be necessary for cosmic spread of Mankind until Men properly populate the space

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with Skynet wasn't the military drones, it was the overarching AI. That's literally what Skynet was. If it popped up today, it would still get access to the nukes, the drones, pretty much any computer-operated weapons system. That we don't have weapons systems with feet doesn't seem like a significant weak point.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They will never become sentient. They will just become more and more fake sentient to the point that we won't be able to tell and that is where the problems will begin.
    What's the difference between "real sentient" and "fake sentient"? This just seems like you're arguing that people have souls and machines don't, and that's a religious argument, not a scientific one.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-12-31 at 02:47 PM.

American companies have you by the balls son, nobody can compete with Boston Dynamics, get used to the Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    And by the way, Skynet was arguably good, he browsed through the Mankind's history and data and concluded that he is the messiah whose coming is foretold, with the power to purge the Earth and judge the men to let them pass on to eternal machine living. It was only bad sinful people to be exterminated but those deemed pure were granted machine bodies.

Do you have something in your search history that makes Santa Skynet put you on the naughty list?
    Is your social credit score lacking some points?

Call me when the robots start to do a West Side Story gang dance off. Then I'll be really worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    A programmed dance routine does not a Skynet make.

When the robots start deciding when and how to dance for themselves...that's when I will start worrying.
    I hate to break this to you but the AI can do that now they can even teach themselves how to play a game without knowing the rules beforehand. It's a new approach to machine learning that instead of using code you have the machine code themselves it's still early base but with quantum computing the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I hate to break this to you but the AI can do that now they can even teach themselves how to play a game without knowing the rules beforehand. It's a new approach to machine learning that instead of using code you have the machine code themselves it's still early base but with quantum computing the sky is the limit.
    There's a bit of a difference between an algorithm that allows a robot to learn a task and a robot actually making decisions for itself though.