15+ Year Old Account

X'anshi VS Harmonious Apparatus

I've been playing this expansion much more than I did BFA (so far) because of my school schedule allowing it. Though I won't have time to raid with my guild during the week when they have regularly scheduled raids, I'll be open on weekends to pug stuff out or run stuff with my guild in the off time with some M+ or heroics or whatever along with doing PvP by myself (or guildmate who might want to join me). That being said, I'm trying to figure out what legendary to go with as my legendary. I currently have Flash Concentration because it was my first holy memory I got that didn't completely suck. I know sites say how its good for raiding and comparable to Harmonious Apparatus but I just feel its lackluster. I tend to use prayer of healing, prayer of mending, bubbles, circle of healing, and renews much more often than I do flash heal. Flash heal is usually if I see someone close to dying I'll start casting it and then holy word once finished. I often lose my stacks of the buff because I don't use flash heal within the 15 seconds. So this got me to thinking, would X'anshi work better for what I want to do (light pug raiding normals, M+ runs, Thorghust, and PvP) or would the Harmonious Apparatus end up being better?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I've been playing this expansion much more than I did BFA (so far) because of my school schedule allowing it. Though I won't have time to raid with my guild during the week when they have regularly scheduled raids, I'll be open on weekends to pug stuff out or run stuff with my guild in the off time with some M+ or heroics or whatever along with doing PvP by myself (or guildmate who might want to join me). That being said, I'm trying to figure out what legendary to go with as my legendary. I currently have Flash Concentration because it was my first holy memory I got that didn't completely suck. I know sites say how its good for raiding and comparable to Harmonious Apparatus but I just feel its lackluster. I tend to use prayer of healing, prayer of mending, bubbles, circle of healing, and renews much more often than I do flash heal. Flash heal is usually if I see someone close to dying I'll start casting it and then holy word once finished. I often lose my stacks of the buff because I don't use flash heal within the 15 seconds. So this got me to thinking, would X'anshi work better for what I want to do (light pug raiding normals, M+ runs, Thorghust, and PvP) or would the Harmonious Apparatus end up being better?
    Harmonious Apparatus is a good legendary if you play the classic Holy priest playstyle, which is what you described. X'anshi doesn't provide throughput but can be used to simplify some mechanics or be used as a failproof mechanism for fights you still have not mastered/learned well during progress. Not sure about its usefulness for PvP, however I'd still suggest crafting both and switching when needed.

Btw Flash Concentration is an amazing legendary that can probably surpass HA in terms of raw throughput, but you have to completely change how you play Holy. You're supposed to get it to 5 stacks and keep it for as long as possible, meaning at least 1 Flash Heal every 12-13 seconds. You should spec Surge of Light and Trail on Light in raid as well and basically use Heal as your go-to healing spell to spot heal 90% of the time. With 5 stacks up, spot healing with Heal is better than casting Prayer of Healing. The only spells you still cast are PoM on CD, CoH on CD, and Holy Words. I'd suggest giving it a few more tries with these changes if you feel like it because it's a very powerful legendary both for M+ and raiding
    Last edited by Selinde; 2021-01-01 at 04:19 AM.

I tend to use prayer of healing, prayer of mending, bubbles, circle of healing, and renews much more often than I do flash heal
    Don't cast Renew. Only time you should see Renew on someone is because of Salvation or the PoM talent. Also you don't really cast bubble unless you know someone is going to take damage and you don't want to spend time casting or you need to move yourself (or on mechanics where healing is reduced by shielding isn't). Both those spells are not very mana efficient.

You don't want to cast Flash Heal often either. Actually you only use it to maintain the 5 stacks for the legendary.
    Cast it 5 times and drink to full mana before the fight starts. That way you only need to cast it to maintain it. To make that easier, go for the Surge of Light talent and spend all your downtime casting smite. Take Trail of Light for a healing boost aswell.

And yes, you do cast Flash Heal to maintain the FC stacks even if you don't have anyone to heal. Try to never let them drop (in raids at least. In M+ you can drink after every pull so it doesn't really matter. Just try to have 5 stacks before every pull).

You don't really cast Prayer of Healing anymore with FC, unless a few people have a little bit of damage and you don't want to overheal with Heal. And even then you're better of using Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing and HW: Sanctify on cooldown. After those you should just let the other healers top the rest off if more healing is needed. Casting a PoH just takes time you could better spend casting smite for SoL procs.

With X'anashi or HA you're not going to be pushing M+ as high as you can with FC, especially in Pugs.
    Maintaining FC is annoying to me in raids though, which is why I am going to run HA for raids. Same HPS, less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Don't cast Renew. Only time you should see Renew on someone is because of Salvation or the PoM talent. Also you don't really cast bubble unless you know someone is going to take damage and you don't want to spend time casting or you need to move yourself (or on mechanics where healing is reduced by shielding isn't). Both those spells are not very mana efficient.

You don't want to cast Flash Heal often either. Actually you only use it to maintain the 5 stacks for the legendary.
    Cast it 5 times and drink to full mana before the fight starts. That way you only need to cast it to maintain it. To make that easier, go for the Surge of Light talent and spend all your downtime casting smite. Take Trail of Light for a healing boost aswell.

And yes, you do cast Flash Heal to maintain the FC stacks even if you don't have anyone to heal. Try to never let them drop (in raids at least. In M+ you can drink after every pull so it doesn't really matter. Just try to have 5 stacks before every pull).

You don't really cast Prayer of Healing anymore with FC, unless a few people have a little bit of damage and you don't want to overheal with Heal. And even then you're better of using Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing and HW: Sanctify on cooldown. After those you should just let the other healers top the rest off if more healing is needed. Casting a PoH just takes time you could better spend casting smite for SoL procs.

With X'anashi or HA you're not going to be pushing M+ as high as you can with FC, especially in Pugs.
    Maintaining FC is annoying to me in raids though, which is why I am going to run HA for raids. Same HPS, less effort.
    Dont give out bad advise, you dont need to cast renew all over the place but keeping it on tanks is a good idea and it barely uses any mana whatsoever, it should be used around as much as you use prayer of mending and when your doing movement and have nothing off cd to use, its really bad advise not ignore using the full toolkit of any class.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I don't see how juggling all our toolbox, moving, dealing damage and CC benefit from reapplying 5 stacks. They should really change the amount or time this buff stays because it forces us into completely strange gameplay (remember Chakra anyone?)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Dont give out bad advise, you dont need to cast renew all over the place but keeping it on tanks is a good idea and it barely uses any mana whatsoever, it should be used around as much as you use prayer of mending and when your doing movement and have nothing off cd to use, its really bad advise not ignore using the full toolkit of any class.
    Yeah the "don't use renew" advice is just really outdated. People gotta stop parroting what their favorite streamer says. Renew is useful as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I don't see how juggling all our toolbox, moving, dealing damage and CC benefit from reapplying 5 stacks. They should really change the amount or time this buff stays because it forces us into completely strange gameplay (remember Chakra anyone?)
    I really wish the stacks lasted at least 20 seconds, closer to 30 even. It's annoying in dungeons especially when there's movement between packs. It's either stacks fall off, or stop possibly multiple times to cast FH to keep it up, and accompanied with low mobility; rest of party is already 150 yards away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I really wish the stacks lasted at least 20 seconds, closer to 30 even. It's annoying in dungeons especially when there's movement between packs. It's either stacks fall off, or stop possibly multiple times to cast FH to keep it up, and accompanied with low mobility; rest of party is already 150 yards away.
    I believe they buffed it a bit in the next patch (20 seconds now) which is going to be released in ages and we will still be Heal bots in Mythic dungeons. This is just nuts. I don’t even know how am I supposed to heal M15. People are taking too much damage and Heal spam actually not compensating this damage good enough.