Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is it with Alliance always camping everything in raid groups?

I honestly have not seen a single Alliance player in Shadowlands that wasn't accompanied by at least 2 other players. And even that's a rare occurence - most of the time they are camping at flightmasters or in the Maw with 10, 20 or even 40 people.

When you want to PvP, do you ever think of just activating war mode, or is the first thing that crosses your mind to create a group, so you can completely overrun lone Horde players? And do you ever think of just playing the game normally and doing PvP when you come across someone, or does "PvP" mean camping to you?

I'm really trying to understand this, because your entire faction seems to be playing a completely different game than I am. Every single time I see a red name you're in a group. And you attack every single lone Horde player on sight, while most Horde just leaves Alliance alone if they don't attack first. But as soon as we also have a group you run away.

What is it with you and camping or ganging up on people? And why is it always Alliance and almost never the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    And you attack every single lone Horde player on sight, while most Horde just leaves Alliance alone if they don't attack first.
    Oh I'm sorry I thought this was world of warcraft, not world of peace craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because someone else will come in and feel the same way about the horde players.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have not seen a single Alliance player in Shadowlands that wasn't accompanied by at least 2 other players. And even that's a rare occurence - most of the time they are camping at flightmasters or in the Maw with 10, 20 or even 40 people.

When you want to PvP, do you ever think of just activating war mode, or is the first thing that crosses your mind to create a group, so you can completely overrun lone Horde players? And do you ever think of just playing the game normally and doing PvP when you come across someone, or does "PvP" mean camping to you?

I'm really trying to understand this, because your entire faction seems to be playing a completely different game than I am. Every single time I see a red name you're in a group. And you attack every single lone Horde player on sight, while most Horde just leaves Alliance alone if they don't attack first. But as soon as we also have a group you run away.

What is it with you and camping or ganging up on people? And why is it always Alliance and almost never the Horde?
    Defense mechanism from being outnumbered 10 to 1 in WM is the real answer.

Though it's kinda' rich seeing a Horde player bitch about WM when for most of BfA WM was just 10% extra resources for picking Blizzards favorite faction. I mean ffs they don't even try to hide it anymore: Proof
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Years of Horde abuse. It the first time in years we have the numbers to counter attack.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's quite simple:

Horde players think about honor. They want a 1v1, because it proves who is the better player, and allows them to show off.

Alliance players think about efficiency. They don't care about PvP, they're here for the extra reward War Mode gives them, and they know there will be PvP, so it's easier to do so in a group.

You want a battle. They want rewards. Their reward will be reduced if you sit and battle them solo - So they don't go in solo. It's actually quite smart, and if you were as smart, you'd forego the 1v1s and make your own group, so you'd be able to fight those players should they attack you.
    Nothing about honor. I have been Alliance until SL. Ever since Legion and especially early BFA every time I was outnumbered by Horde. I'd hit one and 3 more would randomly appear.

After that we started grouping for the weekly quests. That's it.

When you want to PvP, do you ever think of just activating war mode, or is the first thing that crosses your mind to create a group, so you can completely overrun lone Horde players?
    Nope, the first thing that crosses is my mind is "Do I have any friends for arenas", followed by "Nope, guess I'll AFK some BGs for honor". Because, believe it or not, world PvP is not and never has been serious PvP.

Sounds to me though like perhaps you should just turn off war mode, if you're always fighting 1v3 or worse odds that sounds like a pretty miserable experience. So miserable in fact you had to come here and make a post about it.

Horde does this all the time, thinking it's an Alliance thing is hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your experience certainly is your experience.

It sounds like exactly what I said then. Just because a couple Horde also grouped/saw you attack the Horde and attacked you back, doesn't prove no one thinks that way.

You'd have to go allllllllll the way back to level 1 for that. What makes someone just starting the game play their race? They don't know the history of the game - They just have Alliance and Horde.

Alliance is described to you as the lawful good hero faction.

Horde is described to you as the honorable savages faction.

Therefore: If you want a lawful good hero faction, or you are not used to monstrous races, the Alliance has plenty to offer for you. If you want an honorable faction with less humanoid races, the Horde has plenty to offer for you. It is not surprising these ideals also bleed into the people who play said factions, as that faction appealed to said person for a reason.

Yes, that won't always be true, because people will pick whatever their friends pick, or whatever is most popular, or will switch sides many times throughout their lives - But the general truth is, the Alliance is more likely to group up and gank because it makes the most sense, while Horde are more likely to wait for an opportune moment to strike on a single target in a solo environment because it brings the most satisfaction to that player.

Nobody means "honor" as in "both with backs to each other, take ten paces, turn and shoot, fastest draw wins." That'd be called a fair fight, not an honorable one. An honorable fight isn't always fair, and a fair fight isn't always honorable. "Honor" meaning they are proud of themselves for doing what they did. Maybe that means stalking an opponent for a fair amount of time until they find themselves in an inopportune moment and you jump them then - That'd be "honorable."
    It's definitely not my experience. You can search early BFA posts and draw your own conclusions. The Alliance started getting back at the Horde in the form of groups of 5 going specifically out to kill Horde due to Overwhelming Odds quest + the other Mechagon/Nazjatar Uldum/Vale quests. Otherwise most won't bother. It's been a reality.

It's quite simple:

Horde players think about honor. They want a 1v1, because it proves who is the better player, and allows them to show off.

Alliance players think about efficiency. They don't care about PvP, they're here for the extra reward War Mode gives them, and they know there will be PvP, so it's easier to do so in a group.

You want a battle. They want rewards. Their reward will be reduced if you sit and battle them solo - So they don't go in solo. It's actually quite smart, and if you were as smart, you'd forego the 1v1s and make your own group, so you'd be able to fight those players should they attack you.
    I think there's those people on both sides. You have the honorable people that just want a 1v1 wpvp scene and only 1 fight per enemy player that you see. If you win/lose they/you respect you/them. Then you have the "red is dead" people that just hold forward and pvp in you like youre an npc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could literally search right now and find Alliance complaining about Horde groups too, or Horde groups at the start of BFA complaining about Alliance groups.

It is in fact, your experience. Everyone complains about everything always - It's certainly not proof that your experience is "reality" when the opposite experience is also "reality."
    It's not my experience when the Horde have been outnumbering the Alliance for a pretty long time now and suddenly realm populations stopped meaning anything because they introduced the shard system. It took Blizzard a lot of time to make the shards more equal A:H. Obviously people will be complaining on both sides but it was, and still is, a fact that the Alliance population is being on a huge decline and it's getting worse. Ravencrest EU for example. You can easily see how many top 20 guilds of the server in BFA are still there now and not on Kazzak or TN.

Situation is a little better because they said they made changes to make shards less disproportionate but the big imbalance gap still exists.

there is all types of players on both sides. there is no behavior exclusive to horde or alliance. those are just legends. what may be true on your realm/server group is not necessarily true everywhere else and experiences varies a lot from some place to another.

It's quite simple:

In all my years playing both factions I have not seen a single horde player try to 1v1 someone for honor. How ever I have seen plenty of people try and 1v1 if the person they ganked were half dead from mobs or were several levels lower than them.

Its prolly because the game is so horde dominated the only time you will see alliance in warmode is when they are grouped up to pvp. Its beyond suicidal to do anything in the world warmode on as a lone alliance. Where as a horde you can just always leave warmode on because you will almost never run into actual pvp and just collect the 10% bonus.

As long as they get that bullshit against the odds pvp weekly quest you'll see sweaty nerds camping spots to get their gear.
    Yeah it's bullshit and not pvp , blizzard failed on all marks with that pathetic excuse at balancing shards

The amusing thing is that there’s still someone with WM on and in the second place that thinks that WPvP has something to do with honor.

I turned it off the day the alliance buff was introduced and never looked back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Defense mechanism from being outnumbered 10 to 1 in WM is the real answer.

Though it's kinda' rich seeing a Horde player bitch about WM when for most of BfA WM was just 10% extra resources for picking Blizzards favorite faction. I mean ffs they don't even try to hide it anymore: Proof
    Exactly this. I played alliance / horde equally up to bfa. In bfa there was no way i could level my alliance char with WM on at the start of the expansion.
    The world just felt like me vs. 100 horde players. Never had those problems on my horde chars.

It´s a fact that horde just outnumbers alliance - so alliance groups up, which is fine.

Safety in numbers etc. Alliance have more incentive to use WM due to the discriminatory buffs they get, but since most good pvpers are horde it means alliance end up having to go around in a big posse to get anything done.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha from my very first experience in vanilla till shadowlands. I have always wondered where the fuck that second alliance player came from.

My own reasoning always was and still is that I hope on a 1v1. Sadly alliance will always be cowards in my eyes and I always find myself in a 2v1 or 3v1. It always happends, always.

I cant be arsed to just get in a group to avoid that, when realisticly most of the time you are qued for shit, so you dont even bother getting in a group. Just because I dont want to get ganked, is no option for me when I actually want to do something in the game. Whats even more rediculous is that my pvp talents add so much to the spec outdoors, that it almost feels like wheelechairing if I dicide to turn it off.

Ofc we all know its usefull to group up in pvp, but that is not the point.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-25 at 12:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This could be the other way around too, it's not like players of one faction would always behave differently under comparable circumstances, because they have the horde or alliance mentality (a thing I don't believe in).

I have turned WM off for the first time ever in WoW, and this is not for being completely outnumbered by Alliance, it's the absolutely inacceptable Stygia loss that triggered this decision. Without stygia loss I wouldn't bother much, be happy about any rare 1v1 I run into and still CURSE all those who turn WM off.

I tested WM off for the other 4 zones too for some time, and it's schocking how many horde I see. WM off is like 99% horde, incredible.

There should be no right to evade world pvp at all. It's like every player gets a permanent, undispellable divine shield against any other potentially hostile player. This should not exist. Nobody should have the right to make himself permanently immune to the other faction in a world where the lore is about war between these two factions.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2021-01-25 at 05:51 PM.