Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I mean I'm in my 30s myself, & there's plenty of WoW content creators I'm not a fan of (with Asmon kinda being one of them), but the idea of going into any thread where they're mentioned & just bashing them nonstop just seems ridiculous to me I'm not the target audience for T&E as an example & find them both rather irritating to say the least, but I'm not gonna wait for a thread to pop up with them in it and go "OMG how the hell are these idiots still around!!1!!11!!!"

Can't we just discuss the botting?

Because people find it funny? The only WoW Youtuber I regularly watch is Preach, & Drama Time aside, I really can't watch him stream at all as it's all just relatively plain, normal gameplay by a calm & level-headed individual. It's boring, in all honesty.
    You need to understand that most people here are grumpy boomers, they got nothing going on in their lives, so they need to randomly vent their frustrations on random people like Asmongold.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Then people are idiots. Simple as that, although it's not news.
    I mean sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't see the need to bash someone repeatedly for 9 pages instead of discussing the point raised instead. "Asmongold says botting is out of control" - Why not discuss the botting instead of "UhMuHGuHDDDD this bald man is still around? WTF people are duuuuuumb!"

- - - Updated - - -

I mean sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I just don't see the need to bash someone repeatedly for 9 pages instead of discussing the point raised instead. "Asmongold says botting is out of control" - Why not discuss the botting instead of "UhMuHGuHDDDD this bald man is still around? WTF people are duuuuuumb!"
    There's been quite a lot of discussion of the botting. Why don't you discuss it rather than bring up a defense for the streamer linked in the OP? Same thing, different angle. You're prolonging the back-and-forth just as much as the people speaking out against him.

In fact, consideringthat what can be said on the botting has already been said, it'd probably be wise to close the thread as it'll just continue being a back-and-forth between people not liking the manchild, and his stans.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-01-01 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Pointing out the dumbshit hate they get like "lmao bruh would punch him, worth the jail time" is not following streamers like religious icons, its simply not siding with weird manbabies who get hard ons for hating certain content creators.

Fuck half the people who hate certain successful creators are just jealous they found a way to make money besides working some shitty job.
    I don't think they actually hate the streamer himself, it's pretty hilarious that a guy that ugly and obnoxious can be so successful. It's his sheep people hate on. You gotta have some real mental problems to be one of his followers. I'm not talking about someone who has watched 1 or 2 vids of him, but actually follows and throw money at him, spreading his video everywhere, his word "asmongold said...".
    Just seems like a bunch of teenagers with issues following an old bald man giving them exactly the kind of toxicity they crave. Should make a case study on these guys. We hear about girls reading blogs, swallowing everything that's said there. This is the man version.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There's been quite a lot of discussion of the botting. Why don't you discuss it rather than bring up a defense for the streamer linked in the OP? Same thing, different angle.
    This is honestly the only post I saw regarding the botting. I've barely been playing outside of raid hours so I never really see any of it going on, & if anything I benefit from it since I've enough gold to by cutprice herbs & other consumables for the expansion.

(FWIW, I'm not an Asmon fan by any means. I can't enjoy that sort of content at all )

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    What the hell is wrong with his face? It's like his teeth are bad or something lol
    sodas are bad for your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall the last time i've reported someone for botting outside of that instance, so yeah, chances are nil that this post was actually from another report.
    But thanks for pointing out that the possibility exists i could have reported someone else, despite me saying that i haven't reported anyone else within that time frame.

Not the point, people must feel superior by expressing their dislike for [Person] and anybody who in some shape or form contributes attention to [Person], as they are above the plebs that follow [Person].

Rule of thumb, when you cite [Person] in a discussion or OP, you'll get more replies on how you could possibly cite [Person] rather than discuss the actual topic at hand, as [Person] is quite clearly just a rat catcher and you fell for it.
    You post ornery longwinded shit every single thread, have you ever considered chilling out

Nobody likes you

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hadn't included that guy's name in the title I would care and report them.
    Right now I only cared so much to reply here.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Haven't he encouraged mass-reports as well caused lag on servers on purpose?
    I don't follow the guy, just what I hear... so this can just be people who hate him making shit up ofc.
    Not only that, but he (and some more streamers) encouraged to make ''Lvl 60-80'' only guilds on ROLEPLAY servers due to the non-sharding.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

You make it so that the maximum amount of gold that can be transferred from one account to another regardless of character is say 20k per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Haven't he encouraged mass-reports as well caused lag on servers on purpose?
    I don't follow the guy, just what I hear... so this can just be people who hate him making shit up ofc.
    The 2 things you mentioned, causing lag on purpose; I can only remember him doing this in the classic alpha/beta and lag wasn't his goal, just sharding. He was accused of it when he first made a character in the EU, it seemed the entirety of the server showed up to see him and yeah it was bad. Some people blamed him for that, but the people that showed up don't seem unhappy, and its not like he wanted the server to lag, he had been getting begged to go to EU and do contests there for over a year at that point.
    Mass reporting: ehh... him personally, no. This bot video is one of the few times I can remember it.

His "toxicity" is largely tied to some of his fans. He tends to be passionate and critical about aspects of the game and his fans take it to the next level. It got to the point where he took those complaints to heart and stopped streaming for awhile, when he came back, you could tell a lot of his energy went to blunting potential situations where his fans would do ridiculous things because asmon was critical about something or someone.

Hes pretty genuine and he is refreshingly not a character (outside of him playing up ridiculous situations for the laughs). He's the only streamer I can stand to listen to and he does a lot for the community, I mean a lot. When people I know talk about the guy, I just think of what aspect of the game they like and I tell them to go watch xyz YouTube video. Nine times out of Ten they wind up watching all his videos.

Probably too much being real about someone for this forum so I'm sure someone will come in with the "well actually" post or respond with some other misconception.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I don't really care about his content. The fact is he makes a LOT of Money just sitting around playing WoW and also got to bang PinkSparkles. I doubt he gives a shit what anyone on these forums think of him.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    1- I've never posted Asmongold videos on here before.
    Doesn't mean you aren't a fan trying to get clicks for your favorite streamer

2- Asmongold doesn't get anything out of these YouTube videos. He doesn't manage the AsmongoldTV channel at all. It's like some kid in Russia or something who rips his stream, edits it, and posts it. Asmongold gave him permission to do so and he's stated in the past that he doesn't make a dime off of it while the kid in Russia makes some pretty serious bank because the view counts on the videos are quite high.
    You are still giving clicks to Asmonggold content. You are still trying to help someone make money off of it.

3- I never actually watch Asmongold streams. I follow him and I've never even given him a Twitch Prime sub either. I find his streams actually very boring but these highlight videos from AsmongoldTV actually take some of the decent content and cut it into something tolerable. If I look at the videos likely cut from his last stream, it's 90 minutes total out of an 8 hour+ stream.
    Yet you still watch him. You are a fan of his. It doesn't matter how you consume it.

4- Like him or hate him, some of his react videos surrounding happenings in the community are spot on. There have been plenty of times where he has taken an unpopular position and swatted down his chat when they're wrong over stuff.
    His opinions. Not fact. He is nothing more than a fraud who will say what gets him the most clicks.

The fact of the matter is I posted this video because it is a problem and it's happening right now. Head to some of the BFA areas and you will see hundreds of level 50 druid bots farming raw gold 24/7. They don't make a ton of raw gold but they make enough to generate a hefty profit above the cost of their account.[

This results in an erosion of a large aspect of the WoW community vital to the continued long-term success of the game, which is the economy.
    This a has been going on since day 1 and will continue to happen until WoW ends for good. No matter how many different things Blizzard bans, bot makers find out ways to bot again. It is always going to be "Whack-a-mole" with this. AS for the economy, it has never hurt anyone's ability to buy or sell what they want unless it is those who can't make as much money because they can't jack up the prices themselves.

Anyone in this thread too focused on the fact that it's Asmongold that made this video or trying to deny it happens I suspect is a scummy fuck cheater engaging in boosting and/or RMT so you're trying to distract from the issue.
    Nobody has denied it happen. In fact, you are the one focusing on Asmonggold by posting that video. You could have made your thread without mentioning him at all.

- - - Updated - - -

How about you just make a thread entitle "Botting is out of Control"? There was absolutely no need to bring his name in to it at all. It doesn't make you anymore important doing it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    classic still has people playing. And to bring a 15 year old game and have it outpace the subscribers during retail when it released says a lot. It lasted far far longer then two weeks. But haters gonna hate. And it is obvious with the type of people who still post on MMO-C. People pretending to be morally superior while at the same time demonstrating that they are actually morally bankrupt. Never changes here.
    Proof of your claims please.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-01-01 at 11:38 PM.

This topic is the perfect example of what is wrong with the world generally.

Everyone agrees that botting needs to go, but the discussion is about a streamer... just like irl politics, we all know what to do, but talk about nonsense.

"GG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Alot of Asmo hate here, predictably, but he took time out to draw attention to this. That is a good thing.
    Everyone knows about it. He isn't drawing attention to anything except himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

Everyone agrees that botting needs to go, but the discussion is about a streamer... just like irl politics, we all know what to do, but talk about nonsense.

"GG"
    IF the OP hadn't shamelessly posted a stermer's video, then people would be talking about the botting problem. THere was absolutely zero reason to bring up a streamer to make this thread. At all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You can like him or hate... but how about appreciate that he gives more attention to the topic of bots?
    Please show me other content creator that do more about that kind of shit than him.
    Of course people whine that this is the thread of giving him more viewers... no, he hase more than enough of them.
    10 more people from MMo-champ would not change much his viewership.

The most funny are people saying anything about his apperance or he should take shower... holy shit - he is just acting which he said many times before.
    Everyoen already knows about the problem. It has been a problem since day one and always will be one. There is nothing to appreciate when everyone already knows and all it does is bring attention on him.

Tinfoil hat on: I'm starting to wonder if it's blizzard themselves doing some/most of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post

"GG"
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Everyoen already knows about the problem. It has been a problem since day one and always will be one.
    There are tons of easy ways by Blizzard to handle this problem... but for some reason it keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is nothing to appreciate when everyone already knows and all it does is bring attention on him.
    Yes... because 10 more people from MMo-champ that already hates him (mostly for his apperance which is really sad imho) will change his +30k daily viewership...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    -snip-
    Okay so now I know that you actually have ZERO idea how boosting or any of this works. Cool. When your argument was that this massive amount of gold generated from boosting was then sold I could actually see how someone might think that, but now that you've changed your argument to it's the people buying boosts that are doing RMTing it makes even less sense.

Timmy is going to buy illicit WoW gold and then he's going to turn around and buy a boost with it? If he's going to do that why wouldn't he just buy the boost outside of the rules as well? You can't have your cake and eat it too. No shot dude, no shot. Even with some amazing mental gymnastics that one wouldn't add up.

You want to give me shit for anecdotal evidence but your entire premise of your argument is based on your feelings with zero actual evidence at all as admitted by you in the first wall of text that you posted. You're vastly vastly overestimating the amount of people that are buying Mythic raid boosts btw. The amount of those that can even be done is very limited let alone the number of people actually willing to spend the money on those. As I told you from first hand experience the vast majority of boosts are Heroic raid clears and M+ keys and they're very very cheap unless you want to do them immediately after content releases. This first month and change of Shadowlands for example is very expensive, but if you wait another couple weeks you'll be getting heroic clears and M+ keys down to normal prices and guess what that means! For a WoW token and change you'll be able to get AOTC or your +15 done for the lazy. Or you could just spend a few hours a week farming herbs or pick most of the gold up passively while you're mount farming.

If anything the one boosting community that got members banned for RMT should tell you just how small of a portion of the boosting community that is. Because it was a one off ban on one group. If the problem was more widespread we'd have seen more bans of more groups, but we haven't.

If you actually raid btw whether you do it in pugs, or you do it in a guild, consumables at the start of an expansion or the start of a tier are a pretty big gold sink.

You know what's a sore spot for me? People like you who don't understand what's going on and yet you get upset and offended about it and you want to make the game worse for everyone so you can punish people that are the people that will be the least impacted by your proposed solution to that problem that you don't understand. The only people you will actually hurt are people that are playing within the rules of the game. The people doing RMT will not stop. And Blizzard because they're going to lose token sales. With your idea the only people who don't get seriously impacted are the RMTers lol. Good job. Oh and the people who play this game but don't do M+ or raid in any capacity.

So again I have to ask you what is the arbitrary cut off point for you where someone should stop making gold or else they're obviously a filthy RMTer? You're the one that said there isn't any reason to hoard massive amounts of gold unless you're doing shady things with it so lets hear it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Whilst I don't really care about his content. The fact is he makes a LOT of Money just sitting around playing WoW and also got to bang PinkSparkles. I doubt he gives a shit what anyone on these forums think of him.
    When did we start evaluating D-list internet celebrities by their body count?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Timmy is going to buy illicit WoW gold and then he's going to turn around and buy a boost with it? If he's going to do that why wouldn't he just buy the boost outside of the rules as well? You can't have your cake and eat it too. No shot dude, no shot. Even with some amazing mental gymnastics that one wouldn't add up.
    Maybe you should think about it for a second, then you realize why no one, as far as PvE boosting is concerned, does this.

RMT boosting: Risk for both booster and buyer
    Ingame Gold boosting: No Risk for the booster, the buyer merely has to somehow supply the gold

Not to mention that it's not worth the time unless you're doing PvP Boosts.
    If you're buying a Mythic boost for something like 5M Gold, that's about a litte less than 500€ on the market in terms of gold.

Now split 500€ by 20, you think your average Mythic raider would risk their account for 25€, let alone actually do a full Mythic clear to earn that money while also building a group to specifically accommodate a booster?

It's also much saver for the buyer itself, those sites most certainly know how get gold to people without raising any suspicion, in opposition to a guild that always has a new guy in their raid who receives all the loot, despite doing almost nothing on any boss, something that far easier to detect for Blizzard.

In conclusion, the reason why people aren't doing this, outside of PvP at least:
    1. It's more risky for both buyer and booster (as both are then involved in RMT, rather than potentially one party)
    2. The revenue for the booster isn't worth it (if they want to convert that money into gold, they are risking it a second time)
    3. It's easier to detect on Blizzards end
    You're vastly vastly overestimating the amount of people that are buying Mythic raid boosts btw.
    It hardly matters how many people are doing it but rather the effects their behavior causes.

One can make the same argument for multiboxing, there were also a lot of people that used it to play WoW all by themselves as a 5man group, yet those people got their playstyle neutered as well.
    If anything the one boosting community that got members banned for RMT should tell you just how small of a portion of the boosting community that is. Because it was a one off ban on one group. If the problem was more widespread we'd have seen more bans of more groups, but we haven't.
    It's the only one we know and it was actually the biggest one, that doesn't mean no one else has been banned, Blizzard has no obligation to report it nor do these organizations or individuals.

Who knows, maybe they simply got too cocky and were caught, whereas the rest keeps their nose down.
    Just a tad naive to assume that because we only know of one case to assume to instantly exonorate anyone else in the boosting scene.
    If you actually raid btw whether you do it in pugs, or you do it in a guild, consumables at the start of an expansion or the start of a tier are a pretty big gold sink.
    In the range that ones requires 500k+ gold on the spot?
    C'mon, consumables can be covered by the WoW Token far easier.
    You know what's a sore spot for me? People like you who don't understand what's going on and yet you get upset and offended about it and you want to make the game worse for everyone so you can punish people that are the people that will be the least impacted by your proposed solution to that problem that you don't understand.
    Posts like these drip off hypocrisy.

I didn't throw baseless claims about your raiding experience, nor do i instantly dismiss anything simply because it hasn't happened to me, yet you go around and tell "ah, so you said X, so you don't have any experience in Y", without ever actually disproving anything other than citing your own anecdotal experience.

Not to mention that your own "suggestion" above on "why aren't just they buying RMT boosts directly" has very obvious holes.
    So i'd stop throwing around anymore of that "you don't understand anything", because a suggestion from someone who implies to actually have insight into matter shouldn't be that easy to pick apart.

If you want to draw the "it's anecdotal" card, then read your own posts, they're devoid of evidence to disprove anything i've said.

To me, it seems more that i touched a nerve of yours and now throw a fit because i deign to imply that RMT benefits off boosting by sizeable amount, yet your only example that you've provided have been consumables, which can be easily covered by the WoW Token, as they don't cost a pug raider millions of gold.

If consumables are such a massive issue to incentive people into RMT, Blizzard could increase the spawnrates, lower the costs, add / increase pot procrate.
    So again I have to ask you what is the arbitrary cut off point for you where someone should stop making gold or else they're obviously a filthy RMTer? You're the one that said there isn't any reason to hoard massive amounts of gold unless you're doing shady things with it so lets hear it.
    Considering Blizzard themselves must have some basic overview where they think RMT takes place and where not, they have the better insight in the matter.

Even if i were to provide any specific number, you'd disagree with it anyway because you disagree with the basic premise of that concept, so i don't think it makes any difference to that discussion.