Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    With the new anti multiboxing rules, it should be easy to crack down on bots without lengthy investigations.
    I am impressed by their incompetence.
    It never ends though.
    Bots pay for their accounts with Gold, are separate to their main Bnet accounts (if they even have one) and make more than enough money selling gold to buy new accounts when the eventual ban hammer hits them.

The problem isn’t that Blizzard aren’t banning bots, it’s that it’s a non issue for them them start back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall the last time i've reported someone for botting outside of that instance, so yeah, chances are nil that this post was actually from another report.
    But thanks for pointing out that the possibility exists i could have reported someone else, despite me saying that i haven't reported anyone else within that time frame.
    You missed the key point. You mention time frame. There is no time frame on the reports and you could've received one from a year ago and not know it. That was the point that you have zero idea or proof that it was related to that botter unless you never ever filed a report.

I don't see how those bots are actually dangerous for the game ... they just make those oil puddles safer by killing creatures !

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so 1. what the fuck are the Boomkin actually doing? there's nothing of value there besides a world quest. also, at least at the start, it looks like they're taking over a small part of Nazmir not Shadowlands
    ok so the basic idea is a couple step pattern.

1. set a pattern for the bot program to follow.
    2. set the bot program to press a certain keybind every second or so.
    3. starfall when resources are available.
    4. let the program run for hours and hours and hours while you do something productive with your life.
    5. profit from all the gold, vendor trash, and world boes those bots just farmed for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was the comment I posted on his video because watching it really pissed me off over his repeated use of the words "cocksucker" and saying "dicks in the ass". The homophobic statements like this just normalize it to other players and make them think its acceptable to say shit like that.

Also I'm pretty pissed off with your reaction statements you kept making during this video where you kept calling them cocksuckers, saying "dicks in the ass", and other comments that refer to them as being gay as if that's a bad or wrong or something to not be. It his highly offensive and honestly I am starting to question why I should listen to your videos anymore if this is how you feel that you feel saying or insinuating being gay is a negative thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah let's not. There is no reason to nerf the game because bots can abuse it. It would be better for them to keep tackling the issue of bots in general. This is how we get gold nerfed from previous dungeons/raids for example and other things. Hyperspawns are fine as is.
    No it is not. They're causing a lot of lag in some zones exactly because of them abusing hyperspawning... which is impacting the player's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This was the comment I posted on his video because watching it really pissed me off over his repeated use of the words "cocksucker" and saying "dicks in the ass". The homophobic statements like this just normalize it to other players and make them think its acceptable to say shit like that.
    I don't think he mentioned gay people at all. Do you have a timestamp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    well, there are a LOT of people with an IQ below room temperature. Which is why channels like this not only exist, but thrive.
    All I read is "I'm hardcore jealous of his success".

10+ Year Old Account
    I like his normal channel Zack as he isnt in character.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    With a graphic like this, who with an IQ above room temp would click on this?
    His face HAS to be on every single damn video thumbnail, and it's one reason I actively remove all suggestions of his videos from YouTube when they pop up. Other reasons include his videos just generally being shit. Maybe he's not actually like this in person, but when you promote an asshole character, don't be surprised when people want to wipe you away.

People rag on Preach for his approach, but Asmongold's fanbase are rabid, barely-sentient amoeba' who hang on his every word like it's written in some sort of ancient scripture.

Also, I am absolutely stealing this quote.

Alot of these bots are very lightweight and low footprint that you can't really detect them.

Reading mob positions and information about entities consists of reading a value in memory. Effectively undetectable(Can get page_guard flag and detect them eventually by checking the reader address, but not really a good method and maybe a one time banwave/flagging).

Moving your character, targeting, and attack is all they need to implement(Looting can be done legit with a script ingame, so not a requirement). You have a few options, call the lua API's, which they detect, but there's only so many ways they can detect this. The lua api's is what the wow interface and the game calls. These abstract the underlying functions. These functions are "Protected", which means addon's can't call them. Most bots unlock these functions bypassing blizzards protections and unlock the ability to use the click to move api, just like you would in game. They utilize the attacking UI, just like in the game.

Blizzard can't really do to much that isn't standard procedure to stop these functions from being called. The best they can do is load in some shell code and implement a check using exceptions on some of these functions and see what fires. Since most of these bots are loaded as addons, they can just load in code that registers itself as an addon and checks to see if it's able to use a protected function like jump. If it is, you can ban. This is really the only thing they can do, and all it would require is them to rewrite the cheat and the arms race goes on again.

It's literally impossible for their anticheat team to ban these unless they start banning innocent players, and with their lack of CS team, they can't do this.

You can like him or hate... but how about appreciate that he gives more attention to the topic of bots?
    Please show me other content creator that do more about that kind of shit than him.
    Of course people whine that this is the thread of giving him more viewers... no, he hase more than enough of them.
    10 more people from MMo-champ would not change much his viewership.

The most funny are people saying anything about his apperance or he should take shower... holy shit - he is just acting which he said many times before.

I could not care any less. Just leads to cheaper mats and since nodes share, I am not missing out on anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I don't think he mentioned gay people at all. Do you have a timestamp?
    Who do you think "cocksucker" and "dicks in the ass" are referring to? As far as a timestamp goes, have you even seen the video because he says it probably 100 times during it.

Who do you think "cocksucker" and "dicks in the ass" are referring to? As far as a timestamp goes, have you even seen the video because he says it probably 100 times during it.
    Why would these phrases only be used to gay people? I do not get it.
    If you find it offensive you can always report it to Twitch and at the end it is their site and rules.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I like his normal channel Zack as he isnt in character.
    Every time I tune into that it's politics I'd rather watch his character tbh.

Shallow thinking, gays arent the only ones that partake in those activities.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Bots ruined classic in the end too. Activision Blizzard does not give a fuck. Banning bots doesn't please share holders, unless this thing blows up. Which it probably wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Bots ruined classic in the end too. Activision Blizzard does not give a fuck. Banning bots doesn't please share holders, unless this thing blows up. Which it probably wont.

They ban in waves and the holidays are just ending, give it time but yes go on your "WAH ACTIVISION CONTROLS EVERYTHING111"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes I saw the video and there is no mention of gay people.
    Words can mean others things you know. Like if I call you a crybaby am I offending anyone under the age of 2?