Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    One day you will stop thinking in groups like that, hopefully.
    Are you complaining that I didn't find the video offensive or complaining that I think anyone who is homophobic should be banned?
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-31 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Are you complaining that I didn't find the video offensive or complaining that anyone who is homophobic should be banned?
    A lost soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lost soul.
    But if I am a lost soul then I am not in a gorup? There is holes in whatever argument you are trying to make? Shine some light for the lost so I can rejoin my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    The tldr is the title
    yeah, not really.

Considering it's the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz is running on a skeleton crew right now until next reset. That being said, I've actually run into 51 level-locked bear botting way more than boomy botting right now, and I've reported quite a few bots AoE farming. Ironically enough, I've seen them usually disappear an hour roughly after I report them, I even get in-game mails from Blizz stating that my reports lead to bans. So obviously something is being done even during the holidays.

There's still the prerogative of figuring out how the bots are circumventing the Blizz monitoring software, so they can take steps to get said activity flagged and break more bots. Even if they know, doesn't mean it's a quick fix. I imagine in early January there will be some major patching going on, because beyond botting activity there's a TON of stuff that needs fixed in the game.

As some have mentioned, part of the problem is that the market is there to buy gold illegally, which can fuel the botting activity to a substantial degree. Despite all the avenues available to Blizz, there's no way to completely lock down this market. It's akin to the CPU/GPU market right now: the only reason scalpers are bot-buying the new tech and reselling at insane prices is because people are willingly buying from the scalpers. You can take measures, but you can never fully control the situation.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They do banwaves all the time, its just not often.
    How is it "all the time" when it's "just not often?" That doesn't make much sense.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

A lost soul.
    Why don't you just say what you really want to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Why don't you just say what you really want to say?
    I'm bored already, you can go to twitter to fight over genders, bad words, who to ban/cancel etc.

I'm bored already, you can go to twitter to fight over genders, bad words, who to ban/cancel etc.
    I don't use twitter, but in my experience the people most eager to say that they don't do identity politics, are exactly the ones doing it and wishing that LBTQ didn't have a space in the public eye.

I don't use twitter, but in my experience the people most eager to say that they don't do identity politics, are exactly the ones doing it and wishing that LBTQ didn't have a space in the public eye.
    I recommend using twitter then, you can spend your entire days there with that shit.

I recommend using twitter then, you can spend your entire days there with that shit.
    Nah, I'd rather call out people like you on here, where I actually want to hang.

Explain what you mean by "a lost soul", for example.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    yeah, not really.
    All the information in there in a short form sentence. I have watched the entire thing. The title here is very fitting as a tldr.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Players: Get rid of bots

Also players: Fuck farming, I buy WoW tokens and use the AH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    This was the comment I posted on his video because watching it really pissed me off over his repeated use of the words "cocksucker" and saying "dicks in the ass". The homophobic statements like this just normalize it to other players and make them think its acceptable to say shit like that.
    Good lord, the pearl clutching. Did you know women and non-binaries perform oral sex and occasionally receive anal? Not everything is about you.

PS - I'm gay.

blizzard doesn't care about any protests if people are staying subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    blizzard doesn't care about any protests if people are staying subscribed.
    Blizzard will wake up if it gets picked up by news sites, until then nope. They are hiding sub numbers for years so I dont think unsubbing will even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Players: Get rid of bots

Also players: Fuck farming, I buy WoW tokens and use the AH!

Players every banwave: - NO FAIR I DID NOTHING WRONG WTF/Awesome, take that botting bastards!!
    Players between every banwave: - We're outraged because we forgot how things work around here!!

They've explained countless times why they do the bans in waves, and that is to not give the botters a heads-up about it so they can change the scripts.
    But they'll never be able to get rid of botting. Some manchild with an army of his fans trying to up his viewcount, can't change that. Only a complete ban on modding would. Imagine THAT shitshow.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard will wake up if it gets picked up by news sites, until then nope. They are hiding sub numbers for years so I dont think unsubbing will even matter.
    You are aware that even if they don't report sub (they do report MAUs), a lost sub is lost money, right?

And botting being picked up my news sites, lol'd.

We've had banwaves before, we'll get them again because Blizzard does indeed care about botting/using scripts to multibox/RMT. A balding manchild screeching, his stans screeching even more, and people with a defeatist attitude going 5 years or more such as yourself, won't change that.

Players every banwave: - NO FAIR I DID NOTHING WRONG WTF/Awesome, take that botting bastards!!
    Players between every banwave: - We're outraged because we forgot how things work around here!!

They've explained countless times why they do the bans in waves, and that is to not give the botters a heads-up about it so they can change the scripts.
    But they'll never be able to get rid of botting. Some manchild with an army of his fans trying to up his viewcount, can't change that. Only a complete ban on modding would. Imagine THAT shitshow.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware that even if they don't report sub (they do report MAUs), a lost sub is lost money, right?

And botting being picked up my news sites, lol'd.

We've had banwaves before, we'll get them again because Blizzard does indeed care about botting/using scripts to multibox/RMT. A balding manchild screeching, his stans screeching even more, and people with a defeatist attitude going 5 years or more such as yourself, won't change that.
    You seem like a pleasant chap.

You seem like a pleasant chap.
    Says the one taking offense with someone being open about their sexuality. How about you stop regurgitating what you have been since WoD-days and actually give some counter-argument to how bans work in this game?

Oh right, you can't, because "Blizz dun care hurr!" is demonstrably false. It's actually that sort of inane reasoning that leads to many getting caught in the RMT-business, for example.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    I love the blizz fanboys who's only response to blizzard fucking up massively is "i don't like asmongold" lol.
    He makes really good points even if you don't like him.
    The botting issue is around because they fired everyone who cared.

And we've all noticed the fucking lag.
    Who do you think that they've fired that was in charge of dealing with bots because Blizzard has never been good at dealing with bots. Since Vanilla they'd do their banwaves and within a couple weeks the bots were back up and running full force. But sure tell me more about how much of a fanboy I am because I think Asmongold is extremely toxic and very very rarely makes a decent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Quite frankly, merely going after Bots isn't the right strategy in the longterm, you merely attack the suppliers of gold, not the people that buy / use it.

If they put a stopper on boosting (which are fueled by goldselling by a decent degree).
    Couple problems with that. If they started banning the buyers you could literally aim the banhammer at people you don't like for a couple bucks.

Secondly, you don't have any proof of the claim that boosting is fueled by gold selling. It's not difficult in any way to make gold in this game.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest