View Poll Results: are you doing all the content this week?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • yes

27 17.53%
  • no

127 82.47%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    OP sounds like the kind of guy who's only experience with end game is wiping in a +5 or an hour then complaining everything sucks. That list is a joke, the times are wildly off, and if half the list is aimed at you then the other half isn't. There isn't a single player in existence who needs or wants to do all of those things on a single character.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You don't need to do any M+ or PvP if you're clearing full heroic.
    You shouldn't be taking an hour in a heroic dungeon.
    Ran a few for my wifes alt. Didn't spend more than 25min in any.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really chasing loot atm but I will do the following:
    - 10 M+, mainly cause I am working on the achievement.
    - As much of heroic CN that I can get in. This is mainly for gear.
    - Enough rated BGs to cap my conquest.

Item level 202 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You need 5x timewalking for a ilvl 200 piece. That's like 5 hours.
    You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.
    You need Ulduar timewalking for ilvl 200 gear. I dunno what that is, 1-2 hours?
    Full clear normal CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Full clear heoric CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Maybe mythic CE first boss, another hour.
    Torghast / covenant stuff, 1-2 hours
    PvP / arena, more hours there

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    You abbreviate Castle Nathria as CE rather than CN? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

20 to 25 hours split in 7 days !
    This is what i call "complaining just to complain",if you cant spend those hours in an mmo to be competitive then you can spend just a couple hours and grind pvp gear with honor gear up and be behind everyone else,then again you will complain that you cant compete with those people........ nightmare circle

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You misscalculate the amount of time you need for some content by miles.
    it is impossible to encapsulate the correct time for every wow player. you must account for the fact that some people will hve tw / m+ groups that take way too long and / or fail a lot. nor everyone is perfectly speedrunning this.

also, as i said, do NOT get hung up on times. the question is "are you doing all of this or not?"

sheesh.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm ilvl 204 or so, so i dont feel like timewalking or normal raid is worth my time. I do as many m+ as i feel fun with and as many heroic bosses as i have the mood for (only pugging). I dont feel any pressing need to do more.

You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    How on earth do you take an hour in timewalking dungeons..

5 hours to clear normal/heroic CN? Are you playing with monkeys?

If you still need ilvl 200 gear, you're not doing anything Mythic so just ignore that one.

No one's forcing you to do everything. Least of all Arenas, waste of time IMO.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao 5 hours for 5 timewalking, and lol at 5-6 hours to clear CN. It's like 2h tops for normal.

but anyway, no, of course I'm not doing all of that, it would be idiotic. My fun isn't surpassed by my need of gear. Two days of raiding (clear normal and part of heroic) + 1 Mythic+ is more than enough to progress. The game isn't running away and I'll sub anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man OP, for you to take that long in most of that content? Damn you aren't very good at this game.

TW - Most TW dungeons take me roughly 15-20 minutes to complete. So instead of 5 hours (If you take a full hour per WotLK 5 man you are very much fail), it's more like a bit over an hour.

M+ - Quit failing so much. M+ takes 30 minutes at the most, and the shorter ones (Mists) taking 15-20 minutes.

Torghast is an hour, tops.

PvP is only if you are good at it, and if you are, you shouldn't even bother with other content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

it is impossible to encapsulate the correct time for every wow player. you must account for the fact that some people will hve tw / m+ groups that take way too long and / or fail a lot. nor everyone is perfectly speedrunning this.

also, as i said, do NOT get hung up on times. the question is "are you doing all of this or not?"

sheesh.
    I answered you on all those points in the quote of your post.

And 1h for a m+ is out of question - almost(!) no one is going to finish a key when you are 10ish minutes overtime.

I usually do PvP if my mate is up for it at that given week. If not, then I do 1 high mythic+ or 4 if I have time for it. The time walking does not seem worth it to me, even if I could use some 200 pieces here and there. I would never do all of it. Options in the great vault is nice and all, but you only get to pick one item anyway. Oh and I usually do both wings of torghast still, but soon enough I probably won't do that anymore.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll do a m+8 or upwards, one world boss, 5 TW and a raid or two. That should cover my basic needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Since you can only get one piece out of your vault - IMO - you only need to do one set of runs.

IE: If you pvp, just get 1600/1800/2100 for all three slots

If you M+ just run 10 of the highest 10/12/14 so you can get that set of gear

If you strictly only have time for raid, just complete as much as possible

i did the timewalking dungeons but honestly it was more because guildies asked if anyone wanted to do it and it was a almost guaranteed tmog item, the chance of it being an upgrade was very slim.

raiding is the reason i play the game so i obviously do that, but normal has moved into "if i feel like it" territory for similar reasons.

ill hit exalted with venari any day now and then that goes to only weekly quests/as sockets are needed.

been a month of quite intense playing but it should settle down into 3-4 evenings a week now.

sheesh.
    The issue of the times is fundamental to your question. The clear implication of your post is that weekly chores take too long. This is just not true because the chores you listed do not take as long as you claimed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I've already done most of it. Haven't gotten anything yet. Gearing in this expansion isn't fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You don't need to do any M+ or PvP if you're clearing full heroic.
    You shouldn't be taking an hour in a heroic dungeon.
    I haven't gotten a single piece of gear from heroic 3 weeks in a row. If you think doing 1 difficulty is enough you must be playing a different game.

10+ Year Old Account

In what world do 5 tw runs take 5hours? If you wanna start a discussion lay off the hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I haven't gotten a single piece of gear from heroic 3 weeks in a row. If you think doing 1 difficulty is enough you must be playing a different game.
    OP only mentioned M+ from the perspective of stacking the great vault. This is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I'm doing 5 tw, ulduar, lfr (I still have a couple 171s so you never know), and raiding with guild (Hc full clear and 2/10 mythic). The tw only took like 2 hours.