View Poll Results: are you doing all the content this week?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • yes

27 17.53%
  • no

127 82.47%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

For those who need the gear, are you seriously doing all the stuff this week?

You need 5x timewalking for a ilvl 200 piece. That's like 5 hours.
    You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.
    You need Ulduar timewalking for ilvl 200 gear. I dunno what that is, 1-2 hours?
    Full clear normal CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Full clear heoric CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Maybe mythic CE first boss, another hour.
    Torghast / covenant stuff, 1-2 hours
    PvP / arena, more hours there

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You don't need to do any M+ or PvP if you're clearing full heroic.
    You shouldn't be taking an hour in a heroic dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    You don't need to do any M+ or PvP if you're clearing full heroic.
    You shouldn't be taking an hour in a heroic dungeon.
    Failed the instructions on post 1.

Question was are you going to do any of this?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

so you want people to make WoW a second job?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The point of all these options to gear up is you can choose what you consider to be worth it to you. If you don't think the rewards from layer 8 torghast is worth it for the increased difficulty, you can do a few layers below and not be far behind.

And Ulduar actually takes much longer than normal Castle at least for my guild. Much more spread out and people aren't familiar like they are with Nathria by now. We cleared Ulduar in a bit under 4 hours then 3 for normal Nathria

If you’re doing all this and it takes you an hour per m+, 5-6 hours to clear the raid and an hour per heroic dungeon you are bad and shouldn’t spend this much time playing the game.

You can do all this in 10-15 hours of play time That is about 2 hours a day.

Two weeks straight without any upgrades spending way too much time (Every week at least 4 unlocks on vault) made me kinda quit.

Yes I am weak who only likes pve on wow.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-12-31 at 08:17 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Just pvp, best source of gear. 220ilvl for 1800 which is a joke to get.

This is first x-pac where we actually managed to get guild rbgs going and everyone is doing arenas, because pvp gear is so insanely good and easy to get for the specific slots you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    No.

TW gear/ Normal CN isn't an upgrade
    Heroic CN sure (PuG)
    Mythic CN no
    Mythic+ sure (PuG)
    Torghast no, I don't wabt to craft more legendaries untill next patch
    Covenant no. I haven't really done much there and i'm doing fine.
    PvP/Arena No

I'm happy with 2-3 vault options.

Timewalking usually take 30 mins max per dungeon.

If they need gears, they most likely will spam Mythic+ all week.

Good luck doing Ulduar timewalking, that is a shitshow.

Not many will do full clear Normal if they have Heroic on farm. Mythic pushing guild likely will not have time to do Heroic farm unless they need more gears.

Torghast take about 1 hour per wing, so 2 hours max in a week unless for some reason you're rerunning. Covenant take no time.

Not all of PvE players will do PvP so that saved tons of hours.

You're assuming someone is doing EvERYTHING. Protip, you don't have to do everything, just half of them or less.
    Last edited by DTJames; 2020-12-31 at 08:19 PM.

Speaking as someone who is currently slowly gearing 4 characters: No. You do not NEED to do all this.
    I ignore the timewalking since the scaling in it is bad atm, que times are balls if you are DPS and the badge gear is not even worth it.
    4 Mythic + runs on all of these 4 character can be done in one evening after work. (Given I got friends and a community to pull people from)
    Ulduar timewalking is ignored in it's entirety - Rather spend this time doing Mythic +
    The Raid is on full ignore, the low Drop rates on gear just does not justify doing it atm, I'd still rather do Mythic+ at that or even then (For this week in specific) consider Ulduar over Castle IF anything.
    Torghast is a breeze. Already done layer 8x2 on 3 of the 4 chars.
    PvP I reserve for my main. And even then it is just to cap Conquest, I may do one of my alts if I feel up for it.

So in my personal experience; no - I am not doing all of this.

In the general senses: I don't think anyone is doing all of this if they have a life besides WoW. There will always be people who feel compelled to do all of this but in no way is it a must.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    If you’re doing all this and it takes you an hour per m+, 5-6 hours to clear the raid and an hour per heroic dungeon you are bad and shouldn’t spend this much time playing the game.

You can do all this in 10-15 hours of play time That is about 2 hours a day.
    If you have a top 100 guild you can do it even faster.
    Jeez some people are really stuck up and arrogant

The avg player has not HC CN on farm...
    The avg player, has no premade group for mythic dungeons, And randoms tend to leave after the first wipe

25 hours if very generous to do all this crap, plus maw and covenant campaign...

If you're into raiding that's at least 12 hours a week alone plus preparation. No matter what difficulty.

I'm very burned out this Addon.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-01 at 02:13 AM.

Why does it take some people so long to do Timewalking? Each dungeon is, like, 10 minutes at most--or 5~ with TW gear. Seriously, we're running it faster now than I did in WotLK with DPS Prot gear, and I used to hold speedrun competitions in my guild. You only have to kill the last boss, so you can skip everything to get there.

I am not doing everything, but i am doing quite a lot.
    Raiding - as much as my guild can, I don't pug.
    M+ - I actually do quite a lot here. I fill the 10 one but i usually do about 15. Which does wear me out, I won't lie. But most of my group is a set group of friends, so it comes easier. I also go with guildies, but those keys are lower.
    Timewalking... I did one. I will probably do it. Im a tank so i have no waiting time and they are ok.
    Oh yeah torghast. I do it more than once, to help friends.
    Dailies... maw and emmisary and probably that is it.

Hmmm yeah it IS a lot. But when i get tired of some i'll just do less. I try to span the activities over the entire week. I do get tired after work but i am not married and have no children. So I do have more time on hands i guess.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-12-31 at 08:31 PM.

Raid is 1.75 - 2 hours to full clear tops on heroic atm. Only going to get faster as trash lusts get cleaner and gear goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Why does it take some people so long to do Timewalking? Each dungeon is, like, 10 minutes at most--or 5~ with TW gear. Seriously, we're running it faster now than I did in WotLK with DPS Prot gear, and I used to hold speedrun competitions in my guild. You only have to kill the last boss, so you can skip everything to get there.
    5-10 minutes, huhh? Whatever mate....

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    5-10 minutes, huhh? Whatever mate....
    Yeah. 10 minutes is about average for me as well. But I guess that because you won't run them that fast, no one can, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Real talk. Most of the dungeons in wrath tw can be cleared in about 10 minutes. You just need a tank that isn't scared to pull multiple packs and dps that knows how to use spells. But then again, OP also thinks it takes an hour to clear a key (or "more if you pug and wipe").

5 timewalking dungeons, 5 hours? You are playing this game very very wrong.

I'm personally not doing anything that gives 200 on my main. Too low

10+ Year Old Account

i mean, if you are bad at the game it will take you that long or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll do +8 mythic with 2h weapon i want, cap arenas on 1800 rating, cap thorgast and call it a day for this week, time for alts i guess. I will catch up with gear with 22 renown pvp gear upgrade thingy.