View Poll Results: are you doing all the content this week?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • yes

27 17.53%
  • no

127 82.47%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Think what you want.

Any well adjusted person can spend two hours a day on their hobby and be fine. Only exception I’ll give is for people with kids. If you don’t have two hours of free time a day something is seriously wrong (again unless you have kids). How you chose to spend that time is ultimately up to you and choosing to play WoW doesn’t make anyone an addict. I’m curious what yall do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You need 5x timewalking for a ilvl 200 piece. That's like 5 hours.
    You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.
    You need Ulduar timewalking for ilvl 200 gear. I dunno what that is, 1-2 hours?
    Full clear normal CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Full clear heoric CE, maybe 5-6 hours
    Maybe mythic CE first boss, another hour.
    Torghast / covenant stuff, 1-2 hours
    PvP / arena, more hours there

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    Don't care about timewalking (weekly, or raid). Not even on alts, since timewalking gear is now the same ilvl as normals compared to being a bit higher than heroic ilvl in previous expansions. 4 m+ runs is barely over an hour if you're running with friends. Full clears of raids are barely 90 minutes on normal, with guild. Currently 7/10H which takes us a little over an hour. Will go quicker in another week or two. Torghast, both wings is an hour. Mythic shriekwing is literally 15 minutes. Not an hour lol.

Pvp/arena is whatever. I do it when I have friends who're bored, not something I actively seek to push for gear.

Yeah I'm fine with the time taken. It's nowhere near what you massively exaggerated it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    and I don't answer to share holders.
    We'll see about that
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

First let's break this down.

Ilvl 200/207 gear:
    I'm skipping timewalking as are many in my guild simply because the chance of an upgrade is incredibly slim. I have a single piece below 200, which are my 197 shoulders (and have the best secondaries, so they'd compete with a poor roll 200). Assuming you're good enough to do it, clearing mythic 7-9 takes the same amount of time as a single TW dungeon and has a 40% chance at a 200 which you can roughly target. I will concede that a few of the 207s would be upgrades, but the odds of getting one of them would be around 6.67% which isn't worth the time investment. Your timing is way off though, it takes about ~15-20 minutes to blast through a timewalking dungeon. I did them on my alt.

Ulduar timewalking has the same issue, I know no one who is bothering since the rewards are fairly mediocre.

We're past normal CN too. We have someone with a Sludgefist lockout simply to finish the quest and knock out Generals/Sire. That would take us about 20-30 minutes to do. To full clear normal CN is only about 2-3 hours by the way, unless you're still progressing.

Depends on your guild's progression, but heroic is about 3 hours given our clear last week. We expect it to be faster this week. Once you have cleared a raid, the usual reclear time is about 2-3 hours and CN is no different. If you're progressing, then that is your active content and it's not really meant to be on this list.

You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe
    Again, depends. 4 runs takes about 2-3 hours depending on which keys you do and how high you push. No one is really clearing 14s consistently yet, so we're happy with doing a few 12s as a guild.

Maybe mythic CE first boss, another hour
    This really shouldn't be on the list. Either your an active mythic raider and you're in progression (so this is your weekly content that you play the game for) or you don't raid mythic. Cross-realm mythic raiding isn't open yet so no one is really pugging mythic.

Covenant stuff optional, that's just fun/cosmetic (though you do need to spend ~5 minutes in the maw collecting souls). Torghast is also largely optional moving forward as last week you had enough for your rank 4 legendary. Only reason to keep going is for a second legendary. With the nerfs, it's pretty quick with decent gear. At 211 ilvl I just boss rush on my main and it's usually 10-15 minutes per wing.

Pretty optional. Unless you're a top pvper, you're not getting competitive gear at this point from pvp.

That's around 20-25 hours of play this week. Who is seriously doing all of this?
    No one. The issue is you listed all the possible content and then added ridiculous times to the end of them. Even if you did all the content you listed, it'd be around 13-14 hours (15 if you count Maw daily content which minmaxers are clearing for sockets).

You also combined different sections of the game. The people who find clearing normal CN, Ulduar, Timewalking, and PvP'ing for raid gear are not the same people who are full clearing heroic and progressing mythic. Realistically the content is pretty lax with much of it being optional. Torghast has shifted to the optional extreme minmax category, the maw is getting close to being optional too as most minmaxers close in on max rep.

My main's weekly content as of this week looks like:

Maw Dailies x 7
    4 high level keystones
    Clear Heroic CN
    Progression Raids in Mythic

I've gotten to the point where my alts take up so much more of my time since I barely get upgrades from farming 14s at this point and those are way too inconsistent right now to bother. Nothing else is really 'required' to do. Anything else I do is for fun.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

You need 4 m+ runs to at least give yourself a couple options in the Great Vault. That's like 4 hours, more if you pug and wipe.

If it takes you even 2 hours to 2 the TW with queue time included something is horribly wrong.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is up with those time estimates you give? Let's go over it 1 by 1..

Timewalking: 20 minutes per dungeon, max. Also you get an ilvl 200 piece, it's useless, don't bother.
    M+: It's 30-40 minutes per dungeon, but you need to do 10, so let's say 360 minutes, or 6 hours.
    Ulduar Timewalking: Again, ilvl 200, useless
    Normal CN: ilvl 200/207, useless
    Heroic: 2 hours, maybe 3.
    Mythic first boss: 10 minutes. Shriekwing is a fucking joke, it took my guild 2 attempts to kill it, and that's only because our lantern was on a dps who died. Huntsman isn't much harder.
    Torghast: 1 hour. Less if you go with a good group
    Covenant stuff: They don't give you any gear
    PvP: I don't do it, but let's say another 6 hours like M+

That puts us at 6 hours for M+, 3 hours for heroic, 1 hour for Torghast, aaaaaaaand that's it. 10 hours total. 16 if you do PvP too, with my pessimistic time estimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Pretty optional. Unless you're a top pvper, you're not getting competitive gear at this point from pvp.
    I mean, 2100 rating isn't super hard to get, and you can get 226 gear from that, including weapons. But it's optional. Like no one in my guild does it.

torghast is like 40 mins for both wings layer 8, at least on a sub rogue. Bosses are so nerfed you can essentially stealth past much of the dungeon and complete it missing anima powers.

4 M+ isn't much. I raid 1 or 2 nights a week, not much. Pvp capping takes an hour. It's really not very much compared to prior expansions. In fact I wish there was more solo content to fill time, I would like to spend more time doing torghast, and for it to be a challenge and to reward gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I mean, 2100 rating isn't super hard to get, and you can get 226 gear from that, including weapons. But it's optional. Like no one in my guild does it.
    If you play meta specs like boomkin or prot pala then it's completely trivial to achieve even for bad players. If you play a non-meta spec it's extremely difficult.

nah, ill just do 0-4 M+ depending if friends will wanna do it or not and call it day, no point in trying when i'll get jack shit anyways
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Same as every week, I do the following:
    2x Torghast layer8, 1-2 M+, Raid normal clear (will stop as ilev200 isnt an upgrade soon), Raid hc 7-8 kills, all emissaries and the Maw weekly quests.

I dont:
    Run multiple M+ for gear/vault reasons, any WQ at all outside of emissary, LFR, PVP, rep grinding, farming Maw, sanctum stuff, world bosses or anything else. I've also got so bored of the environment (probably due to no flying) that I dont even herb but simply buy everything I need for raids from AH.

For me, this exp died veeeeeeeery quickly (might be as I play MW but cba to level/gear anything else) and I dunno how long the little I do will make wanna login, if there was a Diablo 4 available atm I'd leave WoW in an instant.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2021-01-01 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Someone up thread said they did 4 torgast layer 8s in 'an hour'.

That's hyperbole, right? 15 mins a run for layer 8s? 3 minutes per floor?

That is the best thing on these threads. The time it takes to do a TW dungeon went all the way down to 5 mins.

As to the op i do the /covenant part and a little /pvp part per week. The other stuff is too unrewarding enough to waste my time on. Just chilling keeping up om renown and i like having all the reps at exalted till my time card run out. Will pop back in for .1 or if something changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who say Layer 8 Torghast takes an hour, m+ dungeons take an hour, time walking takes 30 min, etc... What on earth are they doing making it take that long?
    Hi

Well I won't do PvP for one. I might do TW though.. maybe. I will do one or two m+ keys and the usual 6h of raiding this ID. Torghast will have to be crammed in somewhere as well I guess.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What a useless thread. If you think that you must do everything on every difficulty, then you've totally missed the point of this game.

10+ Year Old Account

Literally the only additional gear grind this week is timewalking, 5x dungeons shouldn't take 5 hours unless they messed up scaling that badly or your luck is just that awful, I never spent more than like 2-3 hours doing them before SL. And Ulduar timewalk is a crapshoot and time will vary greatly based on group, a lot of people probably avoid it because timewalking raids were dumpster fires when they launched, people had to do basic mechanics in old raids they were use to bulldozing and that's never going to go well. If you ran it with a guild group however, probably like 2ish hours max, so you're looking at an extra 2-6 hours or so of work this week compared to a normal week. Oh my, the horror.

To directly answer your question so you don't freak out though: No, I'm unsubbed, so I'm not doing any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I am a one main guy and I don't do everything.

Normal Nathria is pretty much obsolete already and Heroic is almost there too, really. Same goes for M+, I still do 4 M+14s a week. I don't PvP, except like first week or two when I wanted some easy unranked stuff that made sense, like trinket, but that's it.

So basically this week for me will be Mythic raid as far as we can, now it's 4/10 - 2 times a week 3h each. Then I'll do over the week 4x +15s for vault and some low chance of minor upgrade. And that's about it as far as gear is concerned. Yeah, of course I'll do my daily maw "fun content".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What is CE? Castle? You mean uh, CN? Castle Nathria?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What is CE? Castle? You mean uh, CN? Castle Nathria?
    Grats! You cracked the typo and figured out what was NOT OBVIOUS AT ALL from OP and his misspell. Full clear normal and heroic CE.... I woooooonder what OP could mean by that, let's make a snappy thread about it and just point out what everyone and their freaking dog already understood. /clap

im at 7/10 hc ive done 9 m+ going to do my 10th time walking is pointless at 206 ilvl and im not good enough at pvp to get the rating i need to upgrade conq gear over 200

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Two weeks straight without any upgrades spending way too much time (Every week at least 4 unlocks on vault) made me kinda quit.

Yes I am weak who only likes pve on wow.
    Same here. Last week 3 220 unlocks, got barely 1 upgrade, this week 5 220 unlocks, 1 minor upgrade. Meanwhile there are people with 233 weapon since first vault. The new vault is equally as bad as the old one for the people with account flagged unlucky, just with more disappointment attached to it

As I have gotten older I have become much more casual than I ever thought I would be. Here I sit. A weekend warrior who for the last 6 years of the games life I has been basically miserable, outside of the rare instances where my time on the game matched with my friends and I did M+, I have pugged everything.

My ilvl currently is about 199 to 201 depending on what gear I wear.

I do PvP to [Conquest Cap] and the [two PvP Weekly Quests] are usually completed in the process. I am not a player that expects to advance beyond maybe 1400 for the better gear, I am just not that good, and don't kid yourself OP, you aren't either. Higher than 1400 PvP is an Endgame Content Option. One of several.

Timewalking is a favorite of mine, although I haven't stepped foot into one of the raids before, this is a first for me. I will run [five timewalking dungeons and the raid], which realistically takes 4 hours for all content involved, not 5-6 for just the dungeons OP. Jesus.

I will [full clear Normal], as I have since Week 1, this takes on average 2.5 hours, not 5-6, again OP, what is these numbers?

I may step into Heroic to see what I can clear, but the raid is just not to the point that I would enjoy it quite yet on Heroic, I would like more gear for myself first. I will not be stepping into Mythic either.

[Torghast] for the Ash is about 3 hours of my time at maximum difficulty. Lower difficulties is way less time.

So OP I ask the question for you here, what makes you think the people who still need this gear would be stepping into Mythic or for that matter AotC Heroic? Like what? Actually confused.

In short, this thread is silly. Casual players wont be attempting half the longwinded shit you posted about, and generally speaking, casuals like me are the ones who are below i200...