10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The way endus described how to go is exactly what Britain tried with Ireland and we all should know how well that went.....
    Given that it's stabilized over there, pretty darned well.

I've made no claims that there won't be scattered terrorist attacks in the aftermath of this. I expect that, honestly. They're just not going to have any political heft, and the perpetrators will get prosecuted, and life will go on. Nobody's responsible for those future attacks other than their perpetrators, and cracking down on this crime does not mean the government bears any responsibility for the actions of future terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

The second guy with zip ties was an a-10 pilot.

The first time in Syria was also a wet fart.
    Are you thinking the guy with the zip ties, who's already under arrest I'll note, had an A-10 in his backyard he could freely use for his own purposes?

Edit: I looked it up, he was last an A-10 pilot in 2007, and left the service completely in 2014. He may be ex-military, but he's not active service.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-01-11 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I've made no claims that there won't be scattered terrorist attacks in the aftermath of this. I expect that, honestly. They're just not going to have any political heft, and the perpetrators will get prosecuted, and life will go on. Nobody's responsible for those future attacks other than their perpetrators, and cracking down on this crime does not mean the government bears any responsibility for the actions of future terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you thinking the guy with the zip ties, who's already under arrest I'll note, had an A-10 in his backyard he could freely use for his own purposes?
    No but he was military. Thats the thing, dont rely on the mitary to be unified when sbit hits the fan.

Like I said the IRA used to be just a wet fart for a long time.

And its currently a wet fart but we here treat it with serious concern because we know how easy wet farts can become the full blown shits.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but he was military. Thats the thing, dont rely on the mitary to be unified when sbit hits the fan.

Like I said the IRA used to be just a wet fart for a long time.

And its currently a wet fart but we here treat it with serious concern because we know how easy wet farts can become the full blown shits.
    Like, I'm advocating treating this as a serious concern. That's why I'd want to see everyone who entered the Capitol charged with significant charges. I don't want to see any of them walk away serving less than 10 years or so, maybe lower if they take a plea deal (but at least a year or two, in such a case).

I don't know why you think I'm arguing for taking it easy and just letting them do whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: I looked it up, he was last an A-10 pilot in 2007, and left the service completely in 2014. He may be ex-military, but he's not active service.
    Also Ireland stabilised because we stopped doing what you suggest, strangly we did the opposite in the end instead and gave both sides and equal seat in stormont.

Doing what you suggest leads to alot of blood shed.

Its also based on terrible and emotionally abusive conservative parenting.

But then the power share in northern Ireland isn't great, as it stagnated northern Ireland equality laws for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, I'm advocating treating this as a serious concern. That's why I'd want to see everyone who entered the Capitol charged with significant charges. I don't want to see any of them walk away serving less than 10 years or so, maybe lower if they take a plea deal (but at least a year or two, in such a case).

I don't know why you think I'm arguing for taking it easy and just letting them do whatever.
    Because that's what I'm arguing with Edge about when you stepped in.

That this is more serious than she/he is realising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also Ireland stabilised because we stopped doing what you suggest, strongly we did the opposite and gave both sides and equal seat in stormont.

Doing what you suggest leads to alot of blood shed.

Its also based on terrible and emotionally abusive conservative parenting.
    The issue with the IRA was also due to the fact that England was invading a sovereign nation who wanted no part of you. It isn't really a domestic concern, to begin with.

It isn't a good comparison. Particularly as the Irish largely wanted to be left alone and remain sovereign, whereas these chucklefucks want to tear down the entire government to install Trump as a dictator.

The issue with the IRA was also due to the fact that England was invading a sovereign nation who wanted no part of you. It isn't really a domestic concern, to begin with.

It isn't a good comparison. Particularly as the Irish largely wanted to be left alone and remain sovereign, whereas these chucklefucks want to tear down the entire government to install Trump as a dictator.
    Entirely wrong.

1. The English invasion of Ireland predates the ira by century's
    2. Ireland had never been a unified nation prior to Britain.
    3. The root of Irish speratisim came from the protistant Catholic split, the orange order and William of orange long long after Ireland had become part of Britain.

It actually has a lot of similarities, similarities also with the jacobite rebellion and with the war of the Roses, just replace catholic with democrat and protistant with republican, or plataginate and tudor.

Its a fight over who and what ideology dictates a nation.

America likes to think its special and unique, and in that regard, history and other nations have nothing to teach it, the reality is america isn't special or unique its just blind and ignorant, and thus it makes the same mistakes.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-01-11 at 05:25 AM.

This is going to fucking backfire. Monster hunter has already explained how this is going to begin. However the IRA was always the underdog in military strenght

- - - Updated - - -

Know your history before you post something. The dispute was a religious one that created bad blood for hundreds of years

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    This is going to fucking backfire. Monster hunter has already explained how this is going to begin. However the IRA was always the underdog in military strenght

- - - Updated - - -

Know your history before you post something. The dispute was a religious one that created bad blood for hundreds of years
    If I was Biden, I would be asking the UK to send them everything we lernt during the troubles.

Democracy is "tyranny of the majority". In government, you have two options; tyranny of the majority, or tyranny of some specified minority. That's it.
    Or rule of the majority with enough checks and balances built in to prevent disenfranchising the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Or rule of the majority with enough checks and balances built in to prevent disenfranchising the minority.
    All minorites or some?

But yea thats the point of being a republic.

The law > the people.

America is a Republic that uses parts of democracy, it is not a democracy.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-01-11 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Oh, yeah, meant to post this:

https://twitter.com/RayRedacted/stat...88601118273537

Video of a rioter at the airport throwing a tantrum after being kicked off a flight because he's on the no-fly list. Picture these guys faced with a Union machinegun emplacement if the Civil War they fantasize about actually happened.

I feel like there must be more of these videos, but this is the only one I've seen.
    Oh man there is some woman on there trying to say we all have responsibility for this and it pisses me off.

The question you should be asking is how much of the US military is pro trump?
    Not much. Even before the inssurection attempt polls showed that the military favoured Biden.

After? There would be even less support.

Turns out denigrating the war dead, attacking respected military figures like McCain and Matthis, abandoning allies, sucking up to enemies, threating to veto bills that paid the military personnel and a host of other such matters turns the military against you.

Not to mention that the allegiance of the military is to the constitution, not the president, as well. The constitution that Trump tried to just tear up.

And the military high command made it very, very clear on a number of occasions that they are not getting involved in the political process.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Biden's picking people for a job. Trump picked people for a job. Yet only one of those people triggered you. I wonder why*?

*Actually I know why. I've seen your recent posts. Holy fuck! Goddamed you're a fucking racist.
    Well, it's very convenient to just offend and name as racist any who doesn't share your opinion. Note that I didn't offended and called names to any of you guys, but you're feeling free to offend me. I never disrespected any minority, I just pointed out facts that you prefer to ignore.

I don't want to continue this fruitless conversation, especially when moderator instead of replying to my post just gives me infraction straight away.

So keep things the way they are, but don't be surprised when in a year or few things in US will fuck up even more as they are now. I agree in this matter with MonsterHunter here. Trump was not the one and only reason of all your troubles, and he appeared as president for a reason.

So good luck guys, you will need it.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2021-01-11 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The National Guard turned out, against the insurrection.

There is not even a whisper of a hint that these people have any support among the military.

And here's the thing; a lot of people turned out thinking this was gonna be a protest. They won't fall for this again, particularly with the hundreds of arrests coming down the pipe (and that's not hyperbole, that's from the DC's Acting US Attorney; https://www.npr.org/2021/01/10/95531...&ICID=ref_fark )

This was the initiating call to battle, and rather than a shot across the bow, it came off as more of an unusually wet fart.
    It wasn't much of an insurrection, the Guard didn't even need weapons. It was a incredibly stupid act of defiance, not a concerted effort to change the course of governance. The military's actions in the future will be dictated by the reason they are being called to act.

Also of note, the Secretary of the Army has been asked by some in Congress to screen the Guard troops being deployed for loyalty.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It wasn't much of an insurrection, the Guard didn't even need weapons. It was a incredibly stupid act of defiance, not a concerted effort to change the course of governance. The military's actions in the future will be dictated by the reason they are being called to act.

Also of note, the Secretary of the Army has been asked by some in Congress to screen the Guard troops being deployed for loyalty.....
    As expected, people who arnt completely ignorant of the rest of the world and history know full well to purge your protectors of those with sympathy for sedationists when the first warning signs like jan 6 happen.

Lest you end up like the romanov's.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Well, it's very convenient to just offend and name as racist any who doesn't share your opinion. Note that I didn't offended and called names to any of you guys, but you're feeling free to offend me. I never disrespected any minority, I just pointed out facts that you prefer to ignore.

I don't want to continue this fruitless conversation, especially when moderator instead of replying to my post just gives me infraction straight away.
    That's a shame. I was kinda hoping you would start posting your favourite quotes from The Bell Curve.

PS Take your tinfoil halo and cram it. If you don't want to be called a racist, don't post racist bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    As expected, people who arnt completely ignorant of the rest of the world and history know full well to purge your protectors of those with sympathy for sedationists when the first warning signs like jan 6 happen.

Lest you end up like the romanov's.
    One must keep in mind what the lack of confidence in the loyalty of the troops does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    One must keep in mind what the lack of confidence in the loyalty of the troops does though.
    And thats the catch 22 of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If shit hits the fan, I’m willing to bet very few active duty military are willing to jeopardize their career and freedom by going AWOL, just to join these Trumpsters and their doomed “resistance”... or whatever dumb thing they’re calling it.

You would have a unified military, but you’d also have a few bad eggs. There’s no reason to think the military would go rogue.
    Usualy, or typically the military rarely sides all on one side, most of the time it splinters with some generals siding one way and the other, some for ideological reasons and some simply for there own gains, if it ever got that far.

There is also sometimes the 3rd option, where the military becomes a 3rd party and takes over the other civilian factions as seen in South America alot, creating a junta.

We also have a fair amount of typical escalation yet to go, many more protests and attempted insurgances, possible attempted coups I expect multiple right wing terrorist attacks this year at the minimum. but eventually this will all end up in the same place it always does when its been left to get this bad.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-01-11 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That’s not going to happen, I assure you.

Also, military leaders have said on multiple occasions that they won’t get involved in politics.
    Heared that befor, then it happens anyway.

Look, let's look long view, sit back and really look at the situation over the last few decades.

2017, a nazi drove a car into a protestor. And that was where a bar for outraged and shocked was.

2021 and the Capitol of the USA is is breached and ransacked by a mob.

And theres lot between there and now and lots befor, but things keep escalating as I've always and consistently said they would for years now, since I first saw the little right wingers marching up and down complaing about Muslims, i said this is where this shit is heading.

im always in the school of you cant fight fire with fire, it just makes more fire, that education and integration were the key to fixing this, but its too late now.

alas it keeps escalating, every year its something a bit more worse. And worse, and worse.

And still people tell me things that end up happening won't happen, they assure me, and the they happen...oh but the next step won't happen....and it happens.

At this point when I read "it won't happen" I just roll my eyes because its become almost routine to think back after it happens in a year or twos time.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2021-01-11 at 07:02 AM.