1. #2781
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Pounded in the butt by the sudden realization that the first amendment doesn't apply to private companies

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, the problem is that the posts were reported, and parler didn't take them down. Thus violating the terms of service for apple, google, and AWS.
    They deserved it then. Gab is the OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Joe who?

  2. #2782
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have a feeling republicans are going to truly be motivated now that they're losing corporate donors left and right.
    but its more PR then real damage as only those who voted against the Biden certification are getting dropped, which said companies can still backdoor support via CPAC and other generalized ways, now if they cut all funding for all republicans, well watch them throw Trump under the bus faster then you can say check please.

  3. #2783
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    They deserved it then. Gab is the OG.
    So, you've been arguing for pages about how Parler shouldn't have been shut down...and you didn't even bother to find out the reason why?

  4. #2784
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,728
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Then the major vendors refuse to carry your book.

    The further down this ladder you go, the less reach you have. Soon enough you'll be on a ham radio talking into the void. At that point who cares if you're able to speak freely. Social media is peak reach.
    And? What's the problem?

    The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

    Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.

  5. #2785
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Denying books that provide guidlines to criminal activity is a line I'd draw.

    The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.

    Step 1. Create account
    Step 2. fedpost
    Step 3. screenshot

    Many such cases.

    I think youtube should be removed from appstores. Here's why:


    Wait... Google owns both the play store AND youtube? That's not fair...
    You are drawing the line? You mean you hate freedom! You hate the 1st amendment!! /s

    crazy thing is the courts actually confirmed that bomb making books and a real famous one were legal to sell under the 1st amendment. Very clear guidelines to criminal activity. What it has also confirmed is no private company has to publish, sell or allow advertisements of said books.

    you are really not good at the constitution thing are ya?



    As far as youtube is concerned, with the logic in those reports you would basically have to ban anyone under 16 from posting videos or being in video's because perverts will be perverts. ? They are flipping out over content that can be found on TV on a daily basis. Should kids be banned from wearing bathing suits on TV next?

    Gymnastics? Pools? Beaches? I mean come on now you are really reaching my friend.

    Good thing you seem to young to have been around during the catalog years, otherwise you would have been pushing for the Sears catalog to be banned cause it had child models in it.



    As for your excuses for parlor's activities is bullshit. This has been going on long before the insurrection. did you even read the statements from these companies? Hell even parlor bragged they were not going to censor these kind of post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    but its more PR then real damage as only those who voted against the Biden certification are getting dropped, which said companies can still backdoor support via CPAC and other generalized ways, now if they cut all funding for all republicans, well watch them throw Trump under the bus faster then you can say check please.
    well most of them have cut all political funding, just a few specifically done so just for republicans
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  6. #2786
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? What's the problem?

    The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

    Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.
    How about simply a message that doesn’t include violence and sedition and proven aims to get people killed.

    Liability more than unpopular books or a message that hurts people’s feelings.

    This shit is pure stupidity.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You are drawing the line? You mean you hate freedom! You hate the 1st amendment!! /s

    crazy thing is the courts actually confirmed that bomb making books and a real famous one were legal to sell under the 1st amendment. Very clear guidelines to criminal activity. What it has also confirmed is no private company has to publish, sell or allow advertisements of said books.

    you are really not good at the constitution thing are ya?



    As far as youtube is concerned, with the logic in those reports you would basically have to ban anyone under 16 from posting videos or being in video's because perverts will be perverts. ? They are flipping out over content that can be found on TV on a daily basis. Should kids be banned from wearing bathing suits on TV next?

    Gymnastics? Pools? Beaches? I mean come on now you are really reaching my friend.

    Good thing you seem to young to have been around during the catalog years, otherwise you would have been pushing for the Sears catalog to be banned cause it had child models in it.



    As for your excuses for parlor's activities is bullshit. This has been going on long before the insurrection. did you even read the statements from these companies? Hell even parlor bragged they were not going to censor these kind of post.

    - - - Updated - - -



    well most of them have cut all political funding, just a few specifically done so just for republicans
    You can sell books about how to make bombs but that’s because it can be defended as research.

    A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  7. #2787
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

    You can sell books about how to make bombs but that’s because it can be defended as research.

    A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    A publisher can drop a book for any reason it wants to.

  8. #2788
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

    You can sell books about how to make bombs but that’s because it can be defended as research.

    A book where you openly plot to kill someone or admit you did like OJ can be dropped like a hit potato.
    both of them can be dropped like a hot potato by amazon, borders, joe's book shack on the corner.....if they wanted too.


    The govt making it illegal to sell, no.


    why is this so hard for people to understand. Private company vs govt
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  9. #2789
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    40,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    both of them can be dropped like a hot potato by amazon, borders, joe's book shack on the corner.....if they wanted too.

    The govt making it illegal to sell, no.

    why is this so hard for people to understand. Private company vs govt
    I do understand it, but no there are limits to what you can or can't print, you absolutely can not Print anything you want there are always limits. Yes I understand a private company can banned anything they want but so too can the government. There are limits such as liability, but there are criminal.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  10. #2790
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He's got my vote every time he runs
    Doubtful. You portray yourself as a typical magat Downton not even understanding what the constitution means despite claiming you know. But in all honesty, you are probably not American pretending to be, like a few others here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    both of them can be dropped like a hot potato by amazon, borders, joe's book shack on the corner.....if they wanted too.


    The govt making it illegal to sell, no.


    why is this so hard for people to understand. Private company vs govt
    No, it's not hard for them to understand. They know, they've just lived in a world of FAUX News where you scream 1st ammendment, free speech, or patriot despite it having no bearing because chuds will be chuds living in ignorance.

    I mean a saw a woman get kick off a plane for refusing to wear a mask and claimed it was a free speech issue.

  11. #2791
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,488
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.
    Quick question... What happens in China, if your platform blocks the Xi Jinping?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  12. #2792
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,572
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He's got my vote every time he runs
    "Twitter bans for inciting violence should last for months or years not hours."
    - Andrew Yang

    https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...73832951656449

    "Polarization and violence will continue to rise unless we address social media’s cultivation of extremity and conspiracy theories. Fake news spreads 6 times more powerfully than truth on social media. That is a landscape that will breed mistrust and hatred."
    - Andrew Yang

    https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...76917821227010

  13. #2793
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Denying books that provide guidlines to criminal activity is a line I'd draw.

    The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.

    Step 1. Create account
    Step 2. fedpost
    Step 3. screenshot

    Many such cases.

    I think youtube should be removed from appstores. Here's why:
    1. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/youtu...4AXwZOfcvNoA9D
    2.

    Wait... Google owns both the play store AND youtube? That's not fair...
    But, they weren't deleted... which is the point.

    Let me know when you realize you've successfully argued against yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  14. #2794
    Ex-wife identified Air Force vet who stormed Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs

    Ex-wife identified Air Force vet who stormed Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs

    The retired Air Force vet who stormed the Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs amid a pro-Trump insurrection Wednesday was positively identified thanks to a tip from his ex-wife.

    Texas resident Larry Rendall Brock, 53, wore a green military helmet and body armor in dramatic photos showing him among the insurrectionists who made it all the way to the Capitol’s inner sanctums, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s private office, federal prosecutors said Sunday.

    According to an FBI affidavit, Brock’s ex-wife saw one of the images, recognized his face and alarming ensemble and picked up the phone.


    Nobody likes a Nazi.

  15. #2795
    Take away his government retirement. Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  16. #2796
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So, you've been arguing for pages about how Parler shouldn't have been shut down...and you didn't even bother to find out the reason why?
    Complaining about such things, and defending certain people, while not even looking into them beyond a vague headline seems to be quite common lately.
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  17. #2797
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? What's the problem?

    The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

    Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  18. #2798
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Take away his government retirement. Now.
    Any vet/active duty personnel there should be dishonorably discharged. No benefits. No VA. No military funeral.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    That's a regulatory issue for governments to handle, not a Free Speech issue.

  19. #2799
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    That’s an argument to make it a public utility, not one that hinders their ability to moderate their own product.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  20. #2800
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Any vet/active duty personnel there should be dishonorably discharged. No benefits. No VA. No military funeral.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's a regulatory issue for governments to handle, not a Free Speech issue.
    Absolutely. Take away security clearances, remove them from the GI Bill, and make sure they get no government benefits from their service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •