10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Officer i didn't know she was....i thought she was a 800 year old vampire dragon....no really......believe me!!!

We know how well this defense works for guys....
    I had a dream, it was Nancy Pelosi I was bludgeoning to death. Striking hard, watching the blood flow, hearing the squishing sound of crushed flesh...ignore that bulge in my pants.
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/polit...cts/index.html

200+ suspects positively identified. Gonna be a lot of additions to the no-fly list pretty soon. I hope they're not banking on Trump Trains(tm) to carry them across the country.

So guys you know how Giuliani told the raving violent crowd of insurrectionists to have "trial by combat" before they went to storm the Capitol building and, you know, topple our democracy. Well he wasn't really telling them to be violent he was just telling the crowd how much he was into this new HBO documentary about Feudal Europe. You might have heard of it it's called Game of Thrones. I remember from my World History AP classes in High School learning about the Queen of England and her dragons, or the horse riding nomadic tribes of Austria, or the ice zombie horde led by the White King from Norway. That was a very important time in world history right next to the horrible massacre at Bowling Green or the heroic triumph of the American Revolutionary army at the battle for the British controlled airfields.

You may think Rudy Giuliani’s recent call for a “trial by combat” was inciting violence, but he’s here to say: You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Shortly before a Trump-supporting mob attacked the U.S. Capitol last week in a failed and deadly attempt to overturn the presidential election, Giuliani, Donald Trump’s personal (pro bono?) attorney, told the crowd, “Let’s have trial by combat.”

Now, Giuliani is reportedly explaining those comments, saying he was just making a reference to a “very famous documentary” called “Game of Thrones.” Duh.

“I was referring to the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,” Giuliani said, according to The Hill reporter Brett Samuels. “When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn’t commit murder, he can’t defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him.”

Samuels tweeted out a bit of the transcript from the conversation with Giuliani, showing Trump’s attorney confirming his comments were “100 percent” a “Game of Thrones” reference and adding that he’s really talking about a “trial between machines.” Obviously.

“I say the consequences of the trial by combat will be if they prove that we’re wrong, we’ll be exceedingly embarrassed. We’ll be disgraced. If we prove they’re wrong, they go to jail,” he said.

Giuliani continued to insist the call for “trial by combat” was just an innocent remark.

“It incited no violent response from the crowd. None. The crowd didn’t jump up saying ‘lock him up, throw him in jail, go to hell.’ I’ve had speeches where people jump up and say, ‘lock him up.’ It was not an emotional — it was not an emotion-inspiring part of the speech. So, to try to take it out of context and use it is typical of the crooked left and press,” he said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rudy-...195058445.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    S new HBO documentary about Feudal Europe you might have heard of it, Game of Thrones
    Literally every time I read the latest GOP shenanigans that scene from King of the Hill plays in my head like my god why has this man not been disbarred?

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So guys you know how Giuliani told the raving violent crowd of insurrectionists to have "trial by combat" before they went to storm the Capitol building and, you know, topple our democracy. Well he wasn't really telling them to be violent he was just telling the crowd how much he was into this new HBO documentary about Feudal Europe. You might have heard of it it's called Game of Thrones. I remember from my World History AP classes in High School learning about the Queen of England and her dragons, or the horse riding nomadic tribes of Austria, or the ice zombie horde led by the White King from Norway. That was a very important time in world history right next to the horrible massacre at Bowling Green or the heroic triumph of the American Revolutionary army at the battle for the British controlled airfields.

... Documentary about fictitious Medival England.

... is my English broken? Doesn't Documentary mean it documents things that actually happened or are believed to have happened? And doesn't it kind of exclude... you know... fictitious world and events? Is my English worse than I thought? Or is Giuliani that retarded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

... is my English broken? Doesn't Documentary mean it documents things that actually happened or are believed to have happened? And doesn't it kind of exclude... you know... fictitious world and events? Is my English worse than I thought? Or is Giuliani that retarded?
    I mean, he also called it "England", so that should really tell you your answer.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

"I was referring to the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,” Giuliani clarified for the politics publication. “When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn’t commit murder, he can’t defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him.”

Honestly this all adds up quite nicely but thanks for spelling it out Rudy:

Trump is Tyrion, both don't have legit defenses, so they turn to a violent alternative to a trial. Tyrion can't defend himself because he's a "very small man" (literally same words apply to Trump) so they hire s combatant(s) to face a trial by combat for them: in Tyrion's case the Red Viper, in Trump's case an angry mob if insurrectionists...Both commit gruesome acts of violence and both fail.

How is this a defense of what you said Rudy, it's an apt metaphor that's really really bad. The only difference is Tyrion was innocent and Trump isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

Nope definitely not A. but definitely a little bit of B. and whole metric ton of the hidden answer C. aka Trumpkins are fucking mentally challenged idiots who believe anything if you say it helps Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, he also called it "England", so that should really tell you your answer.
    To be fair, the core conflict of The Song of Ice and Fire is explicitly inspired by the War of the Roses in England, down to the two main houses in each; House of Lancaster/Lannister, and House of York/Stark. The similarity in the names is deliberate, meant to inform readers that Martin knows what he's referencing and that it's intentional.

So in that sense, "medieval England" isn't totally off base.

Still not a fuckin' documentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    "I was referring to the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,” Giuliani clarified for the politics publication. “When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn’t commit murder, he can’t defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him.”

Trump is Tyrion . . .
    Oooh, you're doing Tyrion dirty.

Trump's clearly Joffrey, c'mon.

Tiny. Immature. Raging. Stupid. Deluded. Incompetent. Manipulated easily. Only has any power/wealth because of his family.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Literally every time I read the latest GOP shenanigans that scene from King of the Hill plays in my head like my god why has this man not been disbarred?

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I always knew a lot of these folks were operating at diminished capacity. At a certain point it's just sad that grifters are allowed to mislead them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post

Trump is Tyrion, both don't have legit defenses, so they turn to a violent alternative to a trial. Tyrion can't defend himself because he's a "very small man" (literally same words apply to Trump) so they hire s combatant(s) to face a trial by combat for them: in Tyrion's case the Red Viper, in Trump's case an angry mob if insurrectionists...Both commit gruesome acts of violence and both fail.

How is this a defense of what you said Rudy, it's an apt metaphor that's really really bad. The only difference is Tyrion was innocent and Trump isn't.
    Exactly this.

But Rudy said something true before his "trial by combat":
    Over the next 10 days, we get to see the machines that are crooked, the ballots that are fraudulent, and if we’re wrong, we will be made fools of. But if we’re right, a lot of them will go to jail. Let’s have trial by combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, the core conflict of The Song of Ice and Fire is explicitly inspired by the War of the Roses in England, down to the two main houses in each; House of Lancaster/Lannister, and House of York/Stark. The similarity in the names is deliberate, meant to inform readers that Martin knows what he's referencing and that it's intentional.

So in that sense, "medieval England" isn't totally off base.

Still not a fuckin' documentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh, you're doing Tyrion dirty.

Trump's clearly Joffrey, c'mon.

Tiny. Immature. Raging. Stupid. Deluded. Incompetent. Manipulated easily. Only has any power/wealth because of his family.
    Loving game of thrones, I gotta pile on here...

The references don’t end there! The map of westeros is the UK flipped upside down. The northern wall references the Hadrian wall, walling off Scotland (he just moved it a bit further north). The red wedding is a reference to the black dinner, a real event.

The riverlands (home of the tully’s) corresponds to the location of Wales. Kings Landing is roughly where London is.

...still very much not a documentary though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I'm well aware of what it means. None of it is going to stick to Trump having incited a riot or a coup though, that same lawyer you linked already posted several videos over the past week explaining that none of what Trump did in regards to these riots was 'incitement' by law or even a crime under US law (even if he does end his videos with: 'but it's still bad and impeachable behavior' (impeachment is a political process not a legal one after all). Neither are any of the examples listed in the article I was replying to evidence that there was a mass-plot going on to capture and assassinate politicians.

Don't let yourself be swept away by corporate media. Like seriously, things getting a bit heated around the capitol - even if none of it compares to the yellow vest riots in France in terms of violence and destruction, and somehow riling yourself up so hard that you start believing it was an attempted coup is just absurd in my eyes. People have gotten extreme american political wool pulled over their eyes around this entire ordeal.

PS: There is something cynically liberal about a lawyer becoming a popular social media figure (among Democrats).
    I didn’t argue or comment on literally anything else you brought up in this post. All I did was point out you don’t know what circumstantial evidences is or means based on the way you spoke about it earlier.

I’m still convinced you don’t. I base that, btw, on direct evidence of you clearly illustrating you don’t understand what circumstantial evidence is.

I also didn’t post a video about the impeachment. I posted a video of a lawyer debunking general legal myths and at the 10 minute mark, he addresses circumstantial evidence.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-01-15 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    ...still very much not a documentary though.
    If it were, one of the more talked about and sensational parts of the series, would be the norm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_of_England

- - - Updated - - -

There is something cynically liberal about a lawyer becoming a popular social media figure (among Democrats).
    Yeah, did you know, that in US... liberals, have actually fought to have better access to representation in court, for those who cannot afford it? It’s one of the bigger achievements of Hillary Clinton, where she actually convinced the social spending hawk Reagan, to increase funding for defense of those that cannot afford it. Biden him self, sponsored a bill back in the 90s, that made over a billion available for women of abuse to seek legal represent.

Rich people are not the only ones who get to have lawyers... sorry... the common man does not just get steam rolled by fascist and plutocrats.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

There's sure to be an influx of posts about John Sullivan, AnTiFa (TM), and despite the fact that the truth of anything is utterly irrelevant to most of those on the right who will gleefully run with this, I'll just point out for anyone else that Sullivan was outed and disavowed by BLM protest groups in various parts of the country back in November.

https://twitter.com/RebellionBaby/st...147620352?s=20

ETA: To be clear, if anyone on the left *was* involved with this, they should be fully prosecuted.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-01-15 at 02:06 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    There's sure to be an influx of posts about John Sullivan, AnTiFa (TM), and despite the fact that the truth of anything is utterly irrelevant to most of those on the right who will gleefully run with this, I'll just point out for anyone else that Sullivan was outed and disavowed by BLM protest groups in various parts of the country back in November.

https://twitter.com/RebellionBaby/st...147620352?s=20

ETA: To be clear, if anyone on the left *was* involved with this, they should be fully prosecuted.
    Wew checked out that twitter. They are crazy. Abolish police and end prisons, 1400$ is too little, send us more! forgive student debts.

“Hawley explains that he was just trying to speak up for Missouri voters who were deeply concerned about the sanctity of Pennsylvania’s state constitution.”
    https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...768130562?s=19

Always amazing when people such as Hawley, supposedly highly educated, say this bull crap.

I have ask how many Missourian? Sadly with the polls this might be a large population. But the Big One is that Missourians are worried about votes from another state.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Mhm, interesting apparently some of the BLM founders / leaders were also part of the riots at Capitol Hill, which I totally understand. The USA has the necessary tinder to lead a perhaps necessary economical revolution against the tyranny of neoliberalism.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1349865669383356419

We've already seen his interviews, he was the one filming her when she was shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhm, interesting apparently some of the BLM founders / leaders were also part of the riots at Capitol Hill, which I totally understand. The USA has the necessary tinder to lead a perhaps necessary economical revolution against the tyranny of neoliberalism.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1349865669383356419

Note that it's the Tweeter who calls him a BLM antifa type.

The reality is lot more complicated. He's basically been completely disavowed by BLM movements, because they suspect strongly that he's an agent provocateur, whether for his own reasons (his father and brother are pro-Trump types), or because he's suspected of being an FBI/LEO asset in some way.

He is not a "BLM founder/leader". That's just patently false.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-01-...rotesters.html