Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Everyone did you hear? Security checks like metal detectors and wands are hampering our constitutional rights. According to Gym Jordan your freedoms are being repressed whenever you went to a stadium to watch sports or a concert or when you get on an airplane, back in the before time.

Oh, did you also hear that metal detectors and security wands mean you're a criminal and that we now live in Pelosi's communist wonderland. According to Rep Debbie Lesko, by the way can Debbie be another moniker for a Karen it really rolls off the tounge like Karen, school children are criminals in a communist wonderland because America did nothing and we can't do anything else.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...024055833.html
    Can somebody tell Jim(well, I live in Ohio, I might just have to call him) that having to go through a metal detector or wanded is not a freedom restriction. Maybe he thought that they said he couldn't wand(or watch it at least) some boys and that is why he is complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No it’s not. Getting shot in the face is far more deadly. I’m not saying don’t wear a mask. You just used a really bad example.
    I'm sure that's a consolation to the 381000 Americans who have died of Covid and the hundreds of thousands who spent weeks on ventilators and the millions who are still recovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    First:

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Umm, sir, the noggin is not the face. /s
    Second... there is no bottom with these people... you set the bar low as you can... and they be like... hold my beer and give me a shovel.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-13 at 01:40 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    To be honest, is anyone actually surprised that Republicans, who are now trying to call for Democrats to calm down as they frenzied for months over faux election fraud claims, are backing down in such hypocritical ways? Honestly, at any point, if you pressed Cawthorn on the issue, he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on.
    I'm just going to assume this is aimed at his disability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm sure that's a consolation to the 381000 Americans who have died of Covid and the hundreds of thousands who spent weeks on ventilators and the millions who are still recovering.
    And the death rate is still 1-2%. It’s not that deadly.

Considering that is at least an order of magnitude higher than the seasonal flu, that's a huge deal. So, exactly how many need to die, before you consider it "that deadly?"

Well, lets put that into perspective. If all of the US got COVID, which is around 350 million people, that would be between 3.5 million - 7 million people. That would be the equivalent of the Holocaust. And we fought a war to stop that. If the entire world got it(around 7 billion people), that would be between 70 million - 140 million people. That would be on the level of the Black Death. Funny thing was, they wore masks and told people to NOT come around one another and forced quarantine them during the Black Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering that is at least an order of magnitude higher than the seasonal flu, that's a huge deal. So, exactly how many need to die, before you consider it "that deadly?"
    5% plus. That’d be 1 in 20. As it stands it’s 1 in 50 to 1 in 100. Very good chance you survive if you get it.

5% plus. That’d be 1 in 20. As it stands it’s 1 in 50 to 1 in 100. Very good chance you survive if you get it.
    So, how many people? I want a number of dead in the United States.

Actually, the survival rate for just about every emergency or health issue like heart attacks, has increased by quite a bit as well. People don’t want to go to a hospital right now and when they do during emergency, all the ICU beds are filled with people with tubes down their throats.
    As above, so below.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, how many people? I want a number of dead in the United States.
    1 in 60 out of 22.9 million infected

doesnt the death rate go to like 10% if you dont have medical services? oxygen etc.

You should know better by now, than to make ignorant comments like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Can you explain to me why we should be governed by people who have lower mortality standards, than their opponents? If they don’t care that 100s of thousands of their constituents are dead... why should we care that they want to be successful politicians?
    As above, so below.
    My body is a wonderland.

Once again, how many people need to die in the United States? It's weird how you cannot give me an actual number. If it's 1 in 20, that would be 17 million people. According to you, nothing in the United States is "that deadly."

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post

I’m not arguing it’s not a big deal. Just that it could definitely be a lot worse. We should be thankful it’s only 1-2% and not 5%+

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    By “economy” they just mean rich people... What the fuck will Trump and his insurrection that could afford to fly to Washington for this bullshit, need 2k? It’s why they voted against people pushing for stimulus for the people, but supported politicians solely focused on corporate stability.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not arguing it’s not a big deal. Just that it could definitely be a lot worse. We should be thankful it’s only 1-2% and not 5%+
    It could be a lot worse is not an argument... Yes, the sun can explode any second and that would be a lot worse. You know what would be a lot better... If GOP members in GA, who sold off their hospitality stock after getting an early covid briefing, to invest in DuPont... the maker of masks... while telling Americans the disease will just disappear... How about a real estate mogul of a president, with golf courses all over the world and major hospitality business... telling a reporter that COVID would be horrifying, but telling the public it’s nothing... then claiming closing down any business, such as his own, was unAmerican... leading protestors to attack nurses, while tweeting “LIBERATE” to individual states... were actually honest, instead of trying to make money.

Thankfully, the bitch is done in just a week...
    As above, so below.
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    By “economy” they just mean rich people... What the fuck will Trump and his insurrection that could afford to fly to Washington for this bullshit, need 2k? It’s why they voted against people pushing for stimulus for the people, but supported politicians solely focused on corporate stability.
    I don't really know about any of that. It's not why I posted that pic. It's for the "Just 1-2% dead, what's the big deal?" bollocks and not understanding it's not either dead or being 100% fine. The ones surviving are often fucked as well.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-01-13 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Yeah this as you read it is some "Holy crap, this is some conspiracy theories". This Representative accusing other House members of helping them do recon. Wow! Idk.

The attack on the Capitol was coordinated and planned.

Here are the insurrectionists talking about the plan, including detailed schematics of the Capitol building.

Vid included.

So in this vid you see people understand the layout of the Capitol. Now you could credit this to no life morons who study Capitol building plans on the internet or had taken the Capitol Hill tour. All possible.

Yet if you include House Members helping intentionally, this is a whole new level.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov