Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    -snip-
    This isn't an insurrection, this is a protest in response to more police brutality.

Don't give a flying fuck what the worst Washington paper says, or that old fuck Chuck Grassley.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    He wasn't saying "we can't charge them with insurrection"...it was more "there are no specific federal laws regarding domestic terrorism"
    Yup domestic terrorism is tricky, real tricky, because 1 our constitution makes it tricky to just make a law that puts the proud boys as domestic terrorists, and 2 even if it could pass constitution muster in court, it would be used by other administrations against minority groups without looking at the spirit of the law, it would just be overly abused. ACLU knows this, the Biden administration knows this, so don't expect it to happen. Hell, even the Trump administration knew declaring antifa as terrorists wouldn't pass constitution muster, which is why it was always just an idle threat.

What can and should and probably(hopefully) will happen, is certain specific crimes can be used to get similar punishment's and charges we give to other terrorists, like mass shootings, car plowing's, bombings, etc etc many of which get charged severely, but it's always first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, or other stuff, even though most of these are politically motivated and we always have to ignore the elephant in the room in the court house that this crap is, domestic terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yup domestic terrorism is tricky, real tricky, because 1 our constitution makes it tricky to just make a law that puts the proud boys as domestic terrorists, and 2 even if it could pass constitution muster in court, it would be used by other administrations against minority groups without looking at the spirit of the law, it would just be overly abused. ACLU knows this, the Biden administration knows this, so don't expect it to happen. Hell, even the Trump administration knew declaring antifa as terrorists wouldn't pass constitution muster, which is why it was always just an idle threat.

What can and should and probably(hopefully) will happen, is certain specific crimes can be used to get similar punishment's and charges we give to other terrorists, like mass shootings, car plowing's, bombings, etc etc many of which get charged severely, but it's always first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, or other stuff, even though most of these are politically motivated and we always have to ignore the elephant in the room in the court house that this crap is, domestic terrorism.
    Speaking of Proud boys...Canada is moving forward on designating them a terrorist organization:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mps-...tity-1.5281428

OTTAWA -- On the proposal of NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh, members of Parliament unanimously agreed Monday to call on the federal government to declare the Proud Boys a “terrorist entity.”

The motion called on the government to “use all available tools to address the proliferation of white supremacists and hate groups,” starting with the immediate designation of the Proud Boys as a terrorist group.

Speaking of Proud boys...Canada is moving forward on designating them a terrorist organization:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/mps-...tity-1.5281428
    I bet the "western chauvinists" are fuckin thrilled that a guy named "Jagmeet Singh" made the proposal. I'd say they can take it up with the Defense Minister, but I feel like complaining about one Sikh guy to another Sikh guy, who happens to be former police and military and a total badass, isn't a wise decision.

Man, Canada isn't a great place for "western chauvinists", is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I bet the "western chauvinists" are fuckin thrilled that a guy named "Jagmeet Singh" made the proposal. I'd say they can take it up with the Defense Minister, but I feel like complaining about one Sikh guy to another Sikh guy, who happens to be former police and military and a total badass, isn't a wise decision.

Man, Canada isn't a great place for "western chauvinists", is it.
    Not just that the proposal was made by the Sikh guy...but that every other MP voted with him on it.

But the Defense Minister is a badass. He also designed a gas mask that would work with his beard
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-26 at 12:24 AM.

Not just that the proposal was made by the Sikh guy...but that every other MP voted with him on it.
    Guess they can't threaten to leave America for Canada, if the libs take over.

Damn where will they go? Mexico? Cuba? Haiti? I mean, there aren't a lot of close local options.

Damn where will they go? Mexico? Cuba? Haiti? I mean, there aren't a lot of close local options.
    I always laugh when I hear conservatives are going to move to Canada if the Democrat candidate wins.

The progression after the United States and Canada would be Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The progression after the United States and Canada would be Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru.
    I dunno, there are a lot of not-white people in those countries...but who knows, maybe it's ripe pickings for white supremacist to diversify their recruiting efforts?

I dunno, there are a lot of not-white people in those countries...but who knows, maybe it's ripe pickings for white supremacist to diversify their recruiting efforts?
    They might be into that though. After all, they're always complaining about how minorities get special treatment...maybe they'd like the chance to experience that for themselves...

Brazil would probably be their best option. The country is currently run by someone who is almost even more Trumpian than Trump. Not to mention it is where many of their ideological brethren fled after World War II.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Brazil would probably be their best option. The country is currently run by someone who is almost even more Trumpian than Trump. Not to mention it is where many of their ideological brethren fled after World War II.
    Coincidence?

I think not :P

Coincidence?

I think not :P
    I never put those two things together before, but you may be onto something there!
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/garre...b676ad8376603a

“I am ashamed of my comments,” Miller’s statement read. “I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him.”

“Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Donald Trump is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead.”

As for his threats against the officer and the New York lawmaker, Miller said: “While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate.”

“I want to publicly apologize to Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez and the Capitol police officers. I have always supported law enforcement and I am ashamed by my comments,” he added.
    I'm surprised this guy didn't end his apology by asking her to step on his testicles, but I guess an apology is still good.

Glad to see another rioter saying they were following Trump's orders, do you think these dudes comments will make their way to the Senate trial?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article248753490.html

“They’re not even willing to allow me to be in the party because I’m a Proud Boy,” Perrine said in an interview with The Bee. “Betsy and the executive committee emailed me and immediately demanded my resignation.”
    Damn, some of the slightly less insane state/local Republican groups aren't too keen on having a group increasingly labeled and treated as a terrorist organization in their ranks. He seems like a real nice guy, too -

He also insisted he has no racist tendencies, and defended his appearance on a widely circulated video from Portland in 2018 in which he proclaims over a bullhorn that “all the illegals trying to jump over our border, we should be smashing their heads into the concrete.”
    You love to see white supremacist fucks losing their safe spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Not to mention it is where many of their ideological brethren fled after World War II.
    I thought that was Argentina?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to note that what you did was noticed, and appreciated, even if some of the rest of these uncultured lot don't pay enough attention.

I thought that was Argentina?
    It was a buncha different places. Argentina got a lot...but Brazil got a fair share.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    It was a buncha different places. Argentina got a lot...but Brazil got a fair share.
    Wasn't just Nazi's either. After the American Civil War, between 10,000 and 20,000 confederates moved to Brazil, where they could own slaves and grow cotton. That is quite a lot of people for that period, especially with the majority being wealthy landowners.

Brazil has a bit of history of welcoming racists with money.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/garre...b676ad8376603a

I'm surprised this guy didn't end his apology by asking her to step on his testicles, but I guess an apology is still good.

Glad to see another rioter saying they were following Trump's orders, do you think these dudes comments will make their way to the Senate trial?
    For a moment I thought the "Miller" being quoted was Stephen Miller.

And yeah, I think the Democrats would be foolish not to include that testimony, as well as the other rioters that have made similar statements, in their case.

And it would probably be easier to accept the sincerity of his apology for things he said and did on Jan. 6 if he didn't follow them up with further comments on the 10th and 16th

Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-26 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wasn't just Nazi's either. After the American Civil War, between 10,000 and 20,000 confederates moved to Brazil, where they could own slaves and grow cotton. That is quite a lot of people for that period, especially with the majority being wealthy landowners.

Brazil has a bit of history of welcoming racists with money.
    Remember though, the Civil War wasn't about slavery, it was about "States Rights(tm)"...to own slaves.

But muh heritage!