Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Anarchism is stupid. It simply cannot exist in a species that is social and survives in groups.
    No political theory can exist in it’s most extreme form. Making Anarchist no different than the rest...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

I'm not sure what else to call it but dishonesty when people try to discredit 'Anarchism' as being childish / stupid etc. and all the other pejoratives one might hear in a neo-liberal echo chamber.

There are countless numbers of great anarchist philosophers that contributed to the world greatly, trying to discredit them all just seems like intentional ignorance and pointless disrespect to me. Likewise I'll echo what JohnBrown1917 is stating, Anarchism isn't "Anarchy", it has many different streams of thought, and only a few of them are about an absolute state without rules or laws to adhere to.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I'm not sure what else to call it but dishonesty when people try to discredit 'Anarchism' as being childish / stupid etc. and all the other pejoratives one might hear in a neo-liberal echo chamber.
    That’s because the only representation of Anarchist that most people see... well... is you...

Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-22 at 09:17 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No political theory can exist in it’s most extreme form. Making Anarchist no different than the rest...
    No disagreement here.

There must be a balance and that balance is dependent on the culture and economic situations of the groups involved.

I went off the definition of Anarchism “belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.”
    heres a few decent resources if you are interested in learning why you were wrong in your other statement :

Modern intro
    Classic intro
    another classic intro
    the Kropotkin everyone knows
    Anarcho-Syndicalism: Theory and Practice
    modern text
    another modern text

cant seem to find anymore Graeber off the top of my head but hes a good lad (RIP)

anyway im actually done this time, not half done like last time

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I went off the definition of Anarchism “belief in the abolition of all government and the organization of society on a voluntary, cooperative basis without recourse to force or compulsion.”
    Anarchism has so many different strains that summing it up in 1 line that does not even apply to most of them is a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Too far... 8 hours to work, 8 to rest and 8 for recreation... is in part thanks to Anarchist.
    We have labor unions to thank for that in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if Anarchists glommed onto the movement, but really giving them credit for that movement? Fuck the hell off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post

There are countless numbers of great anarchist philosophers that contributed to the world greatly, trying to discredit them all just seems like intentional ignorance and pointless disrespect to me. Likewise I'll echo what JohnBrown1917 is stating, Anarchism isn't "Anarchy", it has many different streams of thought, and only a few of them are about an absolute state without rules or laws to adhere to.
    Be quiet Trump supporter who's for murder. There was enough of your diarrhea during the capitol riots. Anarchism discredits itself. By being a terrible idea.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-22 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    heres a few decent resources if you are interested in learning why you were wrong in your other statement :

Modern intro
    Classic intro
    another classic intro
    the Kropotkin everyone knows
    Anarcho-Syndicalism: Theory and Practice
    modern text
    another modern text

cant seem to find anymore Graeber off the top of my head but hes a good lad (RIP)

anyway im actually done this time, not half done like last time

Thank you, I’ll look into these.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    We have labor unions to thank for that in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if Anarchists glommed onto the movement, but really giving them credit for that movement? Fuck the hell off.
    Have you considered the possibility that the labour movements were inspired by anarchist philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that the labour movements were inspired by anarchist philosophy?

Sure. And quite a few other sources too. The 8 hour work day movement had quite a diverse set of supporters. Sounds exactly like the kind of thing some anarchists of the time would support although I can't recall specifically who if any did relating to the labor movement at that time other than they were a small faction of their overall movement. The Haymarket rally was probably one of their biggest impacts although if I recall most there were definitely not self-described anarchists and just workers, but organizers were I think. But overall credit for the movement? Meh. Anarchists were basically the Qannon of the movement. Well bad example, Qannon has basically become main stream republicanism. I should say they were what Qannon should be but ended up not being: a fringe movement that latched onto the GOP, or in their case the labor movement, because of some overlap.

The names of the organizer escapes me but 90% sure he was a self-proclaimed anarchist immigrant because I definitely recall that incident sparking a pretty major anti-immigrant backlash and the courts definitely tried to label them as anarchists in an attempt to discredit the movement. Whether they actually were or weren't wasn't something they were super concerned about.

The primary driver in the US were labor unions and a reaction to some pretty oppressive acts to employers, which some anarchists were all too happy to join in protesting/opposing. But to give anarchist philosophy the credit is like giving a tree in the forest credit for me wiping me ass. I mean I guess TP is made of paper so you can connect it that way. But really?
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-22 at 09:51 PM.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-...g-he-was-duped

"I was duped!" said a man who stormed the capitol shirtless, with an American flag, a painted face, and a fuzzy viking helmet.

Trump campaign had paid $2.7 million to organizers of rally ahead of Capitol riot: report https://t.co/AbvWbDevaR https://t.co/SILFO7qOhS
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...405239810?s=19

Plot thickens.

By no means in the story it reveals that payments were directing them for insurrection. But they can see if they looked at groups with radical or militant towards the Insurrection.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I consider it quite silly that anarchists would have set about advocating for government-mandated standards and practices.

Anarchists are just the edgier version of the “highschooler who never grew up” party, the libertarians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-...g-he-was-duped

"I was duped!" said a man who stormed the capitol shirtless, with an American flag, a painted face, and a fuzzy viking helmet.
    The only sad part of these fucks winding up in jail is that the dumbstruck epiphany that trump swindled them, their chosen media outlets called them antifa, and then trump ducked pardoning them while Biden still became president will sit with them alone in prison, and they won’t be able to communicate their betrayal having dawned on them to the outside world, and that other people nearly as crazy as they are but who didn’t commit any immediate crimes will go on supporting trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Those poor guys and gals. I know I shouldn't joke about prison rape, butt... "I hope you like prison food. And penis."

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Scrolling down that feed, I saw this gem:
    1. Trump runs for Congress in FL

2. Red Wave - Reps control House/Senate

3. Trump elected to Speaker of the House & Ted Cruz Senate Majority Leader

4. Impeach Biden and Kamala at the same time

5. Both removed

6. Speaker of House 3rd in line, so Trump Presidency begins ‘23
    I mean, leaving aside the fact that the whole thing is just batshit crazy in the first place, does anyone want to explain to me how he thinks this "red wave" is supposed to remove Biden and Harris when only 14 Democratic Senators are up for reelection in 2022?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I consider it quite silly that anarchists would have set about advocating for government-mandated standards and practices.

Anarchists are just the edgier version of the “highschooler who never grew up” party, the libertarians.

- - - Updated - - -

The only sad part of these fucks winding up in jail is that the dumbstruck epiphany that trump swindled them, their chosen media outlets called them antifa, and then trump ducked pardoning them while Biden still became president will sit with them alone in prison, and they won’t be able to communicate their betrayal having dawned on them to the outside world, and that other people nearly as crazy as they are but who didn’t commit any immediate crimes will go on supporting trump.
    So did you just missread the inspired by part or what.

But leaving that aside, if you see anarchism as an edgy idealogy that says more about you than it does about any anarchist. It goes back way further than US libertartians.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-01-23 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

This is huge, and will show that those groups can be deemed terrorist groups by the FBI. Moving forward, that is exactly how they should be treated.

As for the identity of the person giving them directions, they will eventually be unmasked, and I hope that they have a very uncomfortable time in prison.

Fuck every single one of these terrorist scumbags.

"Seal them in. Turn on gas."

That's conspiracy to commit mass murder, as part of a domestic terror attack.

Find whoever was on the other side of that, and maybe these chucklefucks can share a cell for the next 30+ years.