1. #3841
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Experts put that number at 15-30 million fucking people. I get that you want to sell the idea that life in the gulags was pretty great, but histrorians don't seem to agree.

    Now, if your system was truly that great, why the need to be so forceful in implementing it? Here's why, most peoe disagree with you. The problem with only caring about what the majority wants, is that the minority almost always gets oppressed as a result.

    I don't support your idea of government. Stop trying to force it on me.
    And many other experts dispute those numbers as some things have been counted that logically shouldn't be.

    Pretty great? Tell me why you would think I would think that when I am comparing them to American forced prison labour... which I am also against? Don't tell me you're one of those people who think using Stalin is some sort of fucking gotcha lol, because that'd be ridiculous....


    Now, if your system was truly that great, why the need to be so forceful in implementing it? Here's why, most peoe disagree with you. The problem with only caring about what the majority wants, is that the minority almost always gets oppressed as a result.
    This is pure folly... how did we get out of feudalism?

    Tell me... were peasants uprising that failed just proof that monarchy authoritarianism was the best system?

    The last argument you gave is just... ridiculous. Currently, our system runs on minority authority... a minority that by and large abuses the masses to make more money. You are giving conflicting arguments of "if your system is so good why do you need to force it" to "if your system is so good and the majority support it that's bad because then the minority will be oppressed!" why? why would they be oppressed as part of the system itself?

    Capitalism by its very virtue of existence is systemic oppression of people who work, constant exploitation that clearly doesn't work when you just look at how our country has been going. You mean you are worried about which minority getting oppressed?

    Take the USSR part of their downfall was the oppression of minorities but the big issue around that oppression was oppression of the culture of the people. That isn't a direct cause of communism... note jim crow.
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-01-23 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  2. #3842
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm actually fine when threads take a different turn. It all originated from trying to decide of anarchism is inherently left, or right.
    And we don't need to decide on that.

    We can say that the ones storming the capitol are right-wing at least all but one (who I don't know if he actually did anything wrong; I'm not sure he was seen on any images) and it seems he was identified as a provocateur in Portland.
    We can say that the ones destroying some shop windows in Portland are left-wing, and understand that if you are far-left then you are not in favor of Biden.

    That doesn't mean that every right-wing or left-wing person does one or the other.
    And trying to argue that "anarchism is x-wing, storming the capitol is anarchy, therefore it was x-wing persons storming the capitol" is just confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Regardless, pushing it back to the topic. These asshats aren't anarchists, they're violent fascists and terrorists. The more news that comes out, the more you see that the groups like the Oathkeepers and 3%ers were coordinating their attacks, and were plotting significantly more violence. Many opted for violence out of opportunity, but for quite a few, it was all planned.
    Yes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Experts put that number at 15-30 million fucking people. I get that you want to sell the idea that life in the gulags was pretty great, but histrorians don't seem to agree.
    For good reasons.

    Calling them soviet concentration camps might get the message across more clearly.

  3. #3843
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And many other experts dispute those numbers as some things have been counted that logically shouldn't be.

    Pretty great? Tell me why you would think I would think that when I am comparing them to American forced prison labour... which I am also against? Don't tell me you're one of those people who think using Stalin is some sort of fucking gotcha lol, because that'd be ridiculous....




    This is pure folly... how did we get out of feudalism?

    Tell me... were peasants uprising that failed just proof that monarchy authoritarianism was the best system?

    The last argument you gave is just... ridiculous. Currently, our system runs on minority authority... a minority that by and large abuses the masses to make more money. You are giving conflicting arguments of "if your system is so good why do you need to force it" to "if your system is so good and the majority support it that's bad because then the minority will be oppressed!" why? why would they be oppressed as part of the system itself?

    Capitalism by its very virtue of existence is systemic oppression of people who work, constant exploitation that clearly doesn't work when you just look at how our country has been going. You mean you are worried about which minority getting oppressed?

    Take the USSR part of their downfall was the oppression of minorities but the big issue around that oppression was oppression of the culture of the people. That isn't a direct cause of communism... note jim crow.
    I asked for your number, you refused to give it.

    You were the one who brought up gulags... you did that. You argued to defend... checking... fucking gulags.

    My argument has remained the same:

    I support you enacting whatever system you like. I oppose your efforts to try and force others into that system.

    They would be oppressed... checking... because that is almost always the fucking case when authoritarians are in power, and want to force things onto others.

    I don't want your brand of communism, and if you wish to force it upon me, you will be met with strenuous resistance. I don't give a shit if you think it's better, I do not.

    Now, back to the topic at hand. I really despise violent authoritarians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #3844
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Edit: Why would an ancient villain of immense power put their initial on a belt? Because villains have communal laundry and ending up with Magneto’s belt is embarrassing. The red just clashes with blue... and the fit is just off... Dazzler would just give them endless shit...
    Super important point of order.

    Magneto's belt is Purple, not red.

    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-23 at 08:43 PM.

  5. #3845
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I asked for your number, you refused to give it.

    You were the one who brought up gulags... you did that. You argued to defend... checking... fucking gulags.

    My argument has remained the same:

    I support you enacting whatever system you like. I oppose your efforts to try and force others into that system.

    They would be oppressed... checking... because that is almost always the fucking case when authoritarians are in power, and want to force things onto others.

    I don't want your brand of communism, and if you wish to force it upon me, you will be met with strenuous resistance. I don't give a shit if you think it's better, I do not.

    Now, back to the topic at hand. I really despise violent authoritarians.
    Being that the type of system usually starts with the state..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  6. #3846
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Being that the type of system usually starts with the state..
    Well, enjoy your "state," just don't try to force others into it.

    It's a shame violent fascists feel the need to kill those who don't want to be in their system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  7. #3847
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, enjoy your "state," just don't try to force others into it.

    It's a shame violent fascists feel the need to kill those who don't want to be in their system.
    "government does things" doesn't = evil you know... doesn't = fascist you know.. fascism has a specific deficinition and it usually doesn't include a mass movement of working class people lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  8. #3848
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "government does things" doesn't = evil you know... doesn't = fascist you know.. fascism has a specific deficinition and it usually doesn't include a mass movement of working class people lol.
    The issue is how authoritarian one seeks to be. Your method of governance doesn't look to much different than that of the fascists who stormed the Capitol Building. I don't want either one, yet both of you want to force me to live under your system.

    I politely decline your communist society, have a wonderful life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  9. #3849
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Super important point of order.

    Magneto's belt is Purple, not red.

    When he's being true to himself, it's purple. When he's going against his better judgement, it's white. And "tacticool". And giant X on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  10. #3850
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is how authoritarian one seeks to be. Your method of governance doesn't look to much different than that of the fascists who stormed the Capitol Building. I don't want either one, yet both of you want to force me to live under your system.
    You've somehow managed to twist yourself into arguing that any kind of rule of law is fascism.

    Which is nuts, dude.

  11. #3851
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    When he's being true to himself, it's purple. When he's going against his better judgement, it's white. And "tacticool". And giant X on it.

    Why does magneto have camel toe?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  12. #3852
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    17,833
    After watching Real Time with Bill Maher, it seems people who stormed the capitol can't be charged with insurrection because there's actually no law against domestic terrorist acts that don't have foreign ties.

    Apparently FBI and other agencies have repeatedly warned and asked for something like this but it never happened.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

  13. #3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've somehow managed to twist yourself into arguing that any kind of rule of law is fascism.

    Which is nuts, dude.
    No, that's not it at all. I'm pointing out his version of authoritarianism isn't much different than that of fascism. Considering he just tried to defend gulags... I'm fine where I stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  14. #3854
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You don't seem to have much experience with "right to work" states. Nor the tactics involved that force people to work.
    That's exactly my point. Individual workers simply have no leverage. Workers collectively do. But for that workers need to actually have class consciousness and solidarity, things that have been effectively obliterated from the American national psyche.

    This wasn't always the case. But we are now on the 3rd or 4th generation of people whom have been brainwashed to the point that when they hear "labor union" they think of a Siberian gulag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  15. #3855
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that's not it at all. I'm pointing out his version of authoritarianism isn't much different than that of fascism. Considering he just tried to defend gulags... I'm fine where I stand.
    The fuck is this brazen lying bullshit you're pulling?

    Defending gulags is comparing them to American prison labour??? Something I am against, that's fucking defence? And where is authoritarianism by saying such a society would exist only if the majority of people wanted it... dude think for like idk.. two seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  16. #3856
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    After watching Real Time with Bill Maher, it seems people who stormed the capitol can't be charged with insurrection because there's actually no law against domestic terrorist acts that don't have foreign ties.

    Apparently FBI and other agencies have repeatedly warned and asked for something like this but it never happened.
    Guess Bill Maher and his staff are not capable of a 10 second google seach.

    https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-1...sect-2384.html

    Insurrection in specific looks even easier to prove, though charges carry less prison time.

    https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...%20under%20the
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-01-24 at 01:17 AM.

  17. #3857
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Super important point of order.

    Magneto's belt is Purple, not red.
    Damn... I guess I missed the crotch...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Why does magneto have camel toe?
    Side effect of too much... iron... I’ll see my self out...

    - - - Updated - - -

    So... I was watching stupid shit and I think I stumbled on the origin of QAnon...

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  18. #3858
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The fuck is this brazen lying bullshit you're pulling?

    Defending gulags is comparing them to American prison labour??? Something I am against, that's fucking defence? And where is authoritarianism by saying such a society would exist only if the majority of people wanted it... dude think for like idk.. two seconds.
    Yes, that fucking defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  19. #3859
    Calling it now. "IT WAS ANTIFA" is the new "Thanks Obama".

  20. #3860
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Calling it now. "IT WAS ANTIFA" is the new "Thanks Obama".
    You’re quite late to be “calling it now”.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •