Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, that haircut was to die for...

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Meanwhile right wing violence tends to appear to be far closer to actual terrorism. And as the saying goes, there is no negotiating with terrorists. This isn't just some flippant saying. There literally is no negotiating with these people. When they've been radicalized to the point of violence on this level, they're no longer willing to negotiate.
    Remember @Kokolums believes that we will have a civil war because we won't give in to every demand of the terrorist i.e. the Trumpsters holding a gun to our head. I mean look at history we could have stopped the Civil War if the North just allowed black people to continue to be enslaved by the South or we could have bypassed the entirety of WWII if we just allowed Hitler to do what he pleases. The lesson is if you are ever confronted with the threat of violence by someone else you should give in to every single demand they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I see that these terms are now accepted by the politics forum. So I feel safe in starting a thread to discuss this issues. I have been mocked repeatedly on this forum for warning this may come, but now it is clear everyone agrees I was correct and these terms are no longer taboo here.

This topics are synonyms for a term that seems to ban me, and now have been fulled endorsed and backed by Endus:

So let's begin with the discussion.

What is the best way to prevent insurrection and rebellion in the US? Or is it too late? Or have some elected officials already crossed over into insurrection and rebellion?
    what would you be rebeling against though ?

honest question

the fact that you have to work for living ?

7+ Year Old Account
    What is the best way to prevent insurrection and rebellion in the US?
    Well we need all groups such as the Democrats, Republicans, Antifa, the Proud Boys, KKK, and BLM to set aside their differences starting right now, in 2021. It'll be a fresh new start. Each side must promise to let go of 100% of their dissatisfactions so that we can all sit in a circle and be happy and sing Kumbaya.

That's what I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well we need all groups such as the Democrats, Republicans, Antifa, the Proud Boys, KKK, and BLM to set aside their differences starting right now, in 2021. It'll be a fresh new start. Each side must promise to let go of 100% of their dissatisfactions so that we can all sit in a circle and be happy and sing Kumbaya.

That's what I want.
    "Now that we're are on the other end of the tentacle, we want peace and happy."

Or did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    "Now that we're are on the other end of the tentacle, we want peace and happy."

Or did I miss something?
    The tentacle? lol

There's literally nothing (politically) interesting happening. Left and right wing movements are just spinning their wheels, they're not going anywhere.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-01 at 11:02 AM.

In the US? I fear these people may be too far gone already. I'm banking on their general cowardice that they won't do anything and that it's mostly just sabre-rattling, but who knows. Realistically I think there is little that can be done - these people don't listen to reason, but focusing on education may prevent further future escalations and may perhaps even revert the course.

Should the worst happen, perhaps there should be greater consequences for the rebels than the last civil war. That may have been one reason why the US still has so many supporters of the last rebel faction, and perhaps it would be better to deal with them more harshly as to ensure that nothing like that ever becomes acceptable again.

EDIT: And I sincerely doubt you were banned/warned for using the terms, it was more likely the context you used them in.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2021-01-01 at 11:51 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Lying about me is not part of the discussion here. Thank you.
    How is that lying, they asked you a question? Also, is talking about Civil Wars, riots, insurrections, etc a kink for you?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Here's an idea, stop supporting Nazis...

That's the best way to avoid Nazis coming to power.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I did not call for insurrection or rebellion in that post, so, thanks for proving my point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    EDIT: And I sincerely doubt you were banned/warned for using the terms, it was more likely the context you used them in.
    Someone actually posted a copy of the reason given for my bans. They said speculation was not allowed here. I would extremely disagree with that assessment as I think trying to prevent something horrific is critical. But we seem to have moved on to the point where everyone now accepts I was correct in my deep concerns all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    How is that lying, they asked you a question? Also, is talking about Civil Wars, riots, insurrections, etc a kink for you?
    If someone says they are concerned about global warming and climate change, would the correct response be "is that a kink for you?" No. So why is it when someone is concerned about insurrection and rebellion you say that?

Please focus on the issue.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not call for insurrection or rebellion in that post, so, thanks for proving my point?
    No, you just listed a bunch of crap that means it will happen... now that it’s weeks later, you are still ‘asking the question’. Well... How did we get rid of people who thought the end of the world was in 2012, in 2013? The answer to the OP is the same...

Edit: Just realized that might be a riddle that you can’t solve... The answer is mockery in pointing out the cringe... If reality and progression of our interpretation of time isn’t going to help... go with ridicule... cringe...

- - - Updated - - -

If someone says they are concerned about global warming and climate change, would the correct response be "is that a kink for you?" No. So why is it when someone is concerned about insurrection and rebellion you say that?

That’s not what you are saying... You think you are the guy worried about climate change, but you are more like the guy that thinks the Mayan calendar was off by 9 years...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, that haircut was to die for...
    If they ain’t willing to fight scalpers for a PS5, these are not the soldiers I want in my war.

Edit: @Kokolums hope you don’t mind... but, let me use this as an opportunity to highlight a forgotten civil war hero... Gen. Andrew Luck...

Dearest Abigail,

I fear the worst has happened. Reports have flooded camp that, without my knowledge, I have become meme. In truth, I fail to fully comprehend its meaning. I do not feel meme. Yet apparatuses of the future have long bewildered me. I have asked the younger lads in my company to instruct me on my condition, but their prognosis, I fear, is dim: Once you are meme, they say, you are always meme.

My only good fortune is that they say I can live a long and happy life as meme. Pray that they are correct.

My love always,

Gen. Andrew Luck
    May heaven treat you kindly, good Andrew... I won’t let them forget...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...meme/95766780/

Edit: Even rivers, with their almost infinite brood, cannot bring your home land to promise... the rivers were no match for steel... as the river mightily flowed from its oasis, they were strong... not even juju from the steel drums could hold back the mighty river’s roar. But, they bought time... as streams weakened the river, steel began to rise... fueled by the lasts grasps of an ages and decrepit burger... the river fell to steel... there will be no promise land... this fight is not one you’ll be participating in this year... uhm... go hawks!!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-01 at 02:56 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I mean it's kind of adorable you thin there will be a rebellion. All k see from the states is police allowing rioters to burn down their own homes and businesses everytime a criminal is shot and super scary nazis that as far as I can tell haven't really done anything beyond debatabely existing.

There isn't any seed for rebellion there...hell everyone is wearing masks that are not rated high enough to do anything and either convinced themselves it somehow helps or are to afraid of reprisals they toe the line.

The USA having a rebellion is like a small child claiming they are going to run away from home only to break down sobbing at the door way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Specifically, the idea that average Joe Slob is going to get off his arse, pick up his many guns and join with the army of Russians that are apparently already in the US, who will then join with the Chinese, and then go about putting left leaning people down because they didn't kowtow to the right.
    This should be a movie... with a scene where some Russian is saying ‘America First’, with a Chines interpreter translating it, immediately after.

Edit: It does help to hear Trump blame everything on China and being the harshest to Russia... to then think about this civil war and how they will help Trump... we don’t understand, but by being an asshole to China, he just made them want Trump’s toadstool even more... by pushing them away, he makes them want it more... countries are all sluts...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-01 at 03:18 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Someone actually posted a copy of the reason given for my bans. They said speculation was not allowed here. I would extremely disagree with that assessment as I think trying to prevent something horrific is critical. But we seem to have moved on to the point where everyone now accepts I was correct in my deep concerns all along.
    If you mean that quoted picture, it looks to me like, that it quite clearly lists thread derailment as the issue.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You have called for civil war and political violence so many times, it's not worth counting.

Your Nazi heroes lost... deal with it.

As an aside, I'm willing to bet that not only are you pushing for civil war and political violence in the name of Nazis and fascists, but that you actually have no stake in the matter... because you don't even live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This should be a movie... with a scene where some Russian is saying ‘America First’, with a Chines interpreter translating it, immediately after.

Edit: It does help to hear Trump blame everything on China and being the harshest to Russia... to then think about this civil war and how they will help Trump... we don’t understand, but by being an asshole to China, he just made them want Trump’s toadstool even more... by pushing them away, he makes them want it more... countries are all sluts...
    Basically it is the movie Red Dawn except Trumpsters look at the Koreans and Russians as the heroes and the plucky teenage freedom fighters fighting for America's freedom as the villains. When they cry out "WOLVERINES" it is like the ruthless terrorist organization Cobra yelling out "COBRA" before going out to fight G.I. Joe to Trumpsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    "Insurrection" "Civil War" etc, are themes being pushed by Russian and Chinese Trolls, and have absolutely no basis in reality. It is simply an attempt by adversary states to weaken the United States position by amplifying internal differences. I am not sure if @Kokulums knows this, and is pushing it deliberately, or if he just whole heartedly bought into the propaganda.

What the GOP is currently enabling is not Civil War. It is fraud, conspiracy, possibly treasonous, certainly anti-democratic, but not insurrection. There will be no armed revolt to keep Trump in power, only a lot of angry rage posting on the internet. Which is scarcely the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    "Insurrection" "Civil War" etc, are themes being pushed by Russian and Chinese Trolls,
    cmon man the right wing news networks and twitter trolls that are American push this shit harder than any johnny foreigner. are the boogs, militia groups or proud boys suddenly chinese ops?

the only credible shot at that is The Base, but lets remember they are James mason flunkies originally.

On topic theres obviously going to be ongoing violence, jan 6th is street fascist activitiy day which im sure will produce some stabbings or shootings but mainly fist fights. And when Qanon falls apart they ongoing mythos will produce some terrorism.

but an all out civil war is still nonsense. theres just no logistics in place.

I would argue all insurrections and rebellions have the same root cause: loss of trust. Once a large enough percentage of the people no longer trust the system, it is inevitable. I think everyone actually agrees with this.

When there was rioting and looting this summer, the response by leadership in this nation was to show the protestors complete and total respect, to try to listen and understand them, to have the police even kneel in response, for corporations to embrace what they are angry about and say they are being listened to, etc. The entire package of that response was built on the idea that the correct way to calm everything down was to try to rebuild trust with the BLM movement and the rioters and looters.

The correct way to handle protests and violence from the right would then obviously be the exact same thing. If you buy in that it works for leftist protests, you should buy in it works also for right wing protests. I think the danger is that leadership in this country will NOT show they are listening to nor embrace the cause of the right wing protesters. So loss of trust will fester on that side.
    The self-pitying myopia of this post is off the fucking charts. Protesting hundreds of years of casual, extrajudicial, racially-motivated murder, without consequences, while the country either ignores it or cheers it on is on the same moral plane as....what ARE the alt right grievances anyway? Accurately being called racists / fascists / nazis? Being asked to wear a mask to protect other people from a deadly virus? Can't say the n-word, but black people can? Property damage is equivalent to mass murdering people in churches, mosques, and Wal-Marts? Serious question--do you guys hear yourselves at all?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean it's kind of adorable you thin there will be a rebellion. All k see from the states is police allowing rioters to burn down their own homes and businesses everytime a criminal is shot and super scary nazis that as far as I can tell haven't really done anything beyond debatabely existing.
    I mean the person your responding to most often claim that it will be the right that rises in rebellion and insurrection if they don't get their way or of the left ever gains any kind of significant majority. Also, the right's nazis tend to do quite a bit more than exist. In the same time period more people have been murdered through right wing extremist/neo nazi politically motivated attacks than Jihadists.

Given the discrepancies between the deadly toll of leftwing and rightwing violence, American law enforcement agencies have long faced criticism for failing to take the threat of white supremacist violence seriously, while at the same time overstating the risks posed by leftwing protesters. After a violent rally in California in 2016, law enforcement officers worked with neo-Nazis to build criminal cases against anti-fascist protesters, while not recommending charges against neo-Nazis for stabbing the anti-fascists.

Antifa activists have been the targets of domestic terror attacks by white supremacists, including in a terror plot early this year, in which law enforcement officials alleged that members of the neo-Nazi group the Base had planned to murder a married couple in Georgia they believed were anti-fascist organizers.

“Antifa is not going around murdering people like rightwing extremists are. It’s a false equivalence,” said Beirich.

“I’ve at times been critical of antifa for getting into fights with Nazis at rallies and that kind of violence, but I can’t think of one case in which an antifa person was accused of murder,” she added.

The new CSIS database only includes attacks through early May 2020, and does not yet list incidents connected with the massive national protests against police violence after Minneapolis police killed George Floyd, including the killings of two California law enforcement officers by a man authorities say was linked to the rightwing “boogaloo” movement.

Today, Jones said, “the most significant domestic terrorism threat comes from white supremacists, anti-government militias and a handful of individuals associated with the ‘boogaloo’ movement that are attempting to create a civil war in the United States.”
    While there's a lot of right wing extremist violence and demonstrations like Charlottesville, it usually ends in the right creating some kind of bloodshed and ultimately the neo nazis bawling like babies later. Christopher Cantwell one of the bigshots at Charlottesville released that video after the rally was botched saying that he was afraid of police. Of course BEFORE the rally he talked big like him and the rest of the right were going to reclaim their white American birthright or some such nonsense. To see such asshole racists crying for their lives because they know they fucked up big time is pretty cathartic in a schadenfreude kind of way.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"