Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Keep dreaming. Most people who attended the insurrection will never see any consequenses.
    Many people, probably. But at least some of them absolutely will.

Keep dreaming. Most people who attended the insurrection will never see any consequenses.
    I dunno, the ones without money, that can't buy a good lawyer, don't have the option to buy their way out of consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Many people, probably. But at least some of them absolutely will.
    Only the ones with direct evidence of attacking cops. The rest are getting off, relative to what they did.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I dunno, the ones without money, that can't buy a good lawyer, don't have the option to buy their way out of consequences.
    There were thousands of people at this fucktwit jamboree. They don't have evidence on all of them that would cut it in court. Nothing to do with money. There were simply too many people. The vast majority got to have their little inserrection holiday and then go home and sleep like a baby. This is white privilege you cannot buy with money (well you can, but you don't have to).
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-04-02 at 01:17 PM.

There were thousands of people at this fucktwit jamboree. They don't have evidence on all of them that would cut it in court. Nothing to do with money. There were simply too many people. The vast majority got to have their little inserrection holiday and then go home and sleep like a baby. This is white privilege you cannot buy with money (well you can, but you don't have to).
    I think it's more a domino thing.

Once you get convictions on some of the really egregious cases, you've established that criminal acts were committed by the group, and that provides justification for pushing criminal conspiracy charges against literally any and every member of the protest who pushed past the Capitol doors (I'll make allowances for those who didn't participate in breaking and entering and stayed outside). If they can get a murder conviction on anyone, that makes every single person there responsible for that murder, legally, via the felony murder rule.

But you need those first convictions to get the ball really rolling. Then the criminality is a legal fact that can't be contested in those subsequent trials, as you'd need to appeal that prior conviction to change that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think it's more a domino thing.

Once you get convictions on some of the really egregious cases, you've established that criminal acts were committed by the group, and that provides justification for pushing criminal conspiracy charges against literally any and every member of the protest who pushed past the Capitol doors (I'll make allowances for those who didn't participate in breaking and entering and stayed outside). If they can get a murder conviction on anyone, that makes every single person there responsible for that murder, legally, via the felony murder rule.

But you need those first convictions to get the ball really rolling. Then the criminality is a legal fact that can't be contested in those subsequent trials, as you'd need to appeal that prior conviction to change that fact.
    That sounds plausible... in la la land. Most of these people will get off scot free. I know it, you know it.

That sounds plausible... in la la land. Most of these people will get off scot free. I know it, you know it.
    I mean, I'm speaking to how justice should work out.

But the USA has a long history of giving white supremacist dingdongs a free pass on violent crimes. Starting way back with the entire goddamned Confederacy, who basically all just got told "Bad racists! No! Go home and think about the hundreds of thousands of murders you're responsible for!"

capital on lockdown again, some car tried to charge a checkpoint

reports still coming in
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post

reports still coming in
    Two officers were injured when the car rammed into them, they've been transported to the hospital. The suspect is in custody.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post

reports still coming in
    How did it go again? It's their fault for blocking the road?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

The suspect (who was shot by officers after brandishing a knife) has died.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

https://twitter.com/JacquiHeinrich/s...32633293201410

Lot of police activity.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...33434082344972

Apparently Capitol police landed a helicopter on the East front which is a bit of a first?

https://twitter.com/ARodTV/status/1378049434441838595

Suspect dead, two officers injured and in the hospital. Sounds like the suspect died at the hospital.

Man...this is not great and the motivation is gonna be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Two officers were injured when the car rammed into them, they've been transported to the hospital. The suspect is in custody.
    The suspect is dead....

How soon after Jan 6th was it that Republicans were crying for decreased security again?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The suspect is dead....
    He was in custody and being transported to the hospital, seems like he died in transit or after arriving.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitol police briefing now, one of the two officers hit by the car has died. Still listening...Metro police briefing now

Edit: And that's it. Investigation ongoing, didn't know who the cat was and wasn't on their radar, they don't think there is an ongoing threat but are treating this seriously.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-04-02 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He was in custody and being transported to the hospital, seems like he died in transit or after arriving.

- - - Updated - - -

Capitol police briefing now, one of the two officers hit by the car has died. Still listening...Metro police briefing now

Edit: And that's it. Investigation ongoing, didn't know who the cat was and wasn't on their radar, they don't think there is an ongoing threat but are treating this seriously.
    I hope this was just a lone act and not a trial run for futures events.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I hope this was just a lone act and not a trial run for futures events.
    We'll find out more in the coming days, the suspect dying is not great since it makes the investigation a bit more difficult. I'm not gonna speculate, we'll see what law enforcement come up with.

We'll find out more in the coming days, the suspect dying is not great since it makes the investigation a bit more difficult. I'm not gonna speculate, we'll see what law enforcement come up with.
    Republicans going to republican is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I'm expecting a Facebook page filled with MAGA and Q-Anon.

I'm going to hold my opinion on this one... this happens more than people realize in that part of DC. Yes, this act was definitely deliberate, but there is no end to the number of batshit crazy people who want to protest just about anything right near that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.