Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If they've got the right guy, secrecy is out the door. Announce him, and give him some significant honor for his actions. State only "yeah, this is him, [I]and he absolutely did the right thing shooting Babbitt."
    Unless the plan is to give that guy a security detail for him and his family for the rest of their life, I don't think that's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Unless the plan is to give that guy a security detail for him and his family for the rest of their life, I don't think that's a great idea.
    yup they will go after him and his family all movements need a good blood martyr and ashli babbit fits the bill.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they've got the right guy, secrecy is out the door. Announce him, and give him some significant honor for his actions. State only "yeah, this is him, and he absolutely did the right thing shooting Babbitt."

​These people need to be openly denigrated. You're wrong, and stupid, and you can all fuck off.
    We have GQP Members of Congress voting against bills honoring and rewarding Capital Police officers who fought during the insurrection. This guy won't get anything except a lifetime of harassment and a distinct possibility of physical harm or death.

Welcome to the United States of QNON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We have GQP Members of Congress voting against bills honoring and rewarding Capital Police officers who fought during the insurrection. This guy won't get anything except a lifetime of harassment and a distinct possibility of physical harm or death.

Welcome to the United States of QNON.
    I get what you're saying.

I'm just pointing out that what you're saying is how violent and widespread these criminals are. How big a threat they pose to the United States. That's sure a problem, but not making them angry isn't a solution, either. It's just submission to their will.

I'm just pointing out that what you're saying is how violent and widespread these criminals are. How big a threat they pose to the United States. That's sure a problem, but not making them angry isn't a solution, either. It's just submission to their will.
    throwing some random dude into the fire isn't submitting to their will. handing over the name is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

What do you mean by "making them angry"? I think I missed that part of the conversation. I know you aren't saying we should confront and fight them (politically speaking). Are you saying we shouldn't unnecessarily antagonize them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    throwing some random dude into the fire isn't submitting to their will. handing over the name is.
    I'm suggesting publicly awarding a man who defended members of Congress from an armed and violent mob. Not "handing his name over to the mob".

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What do you mean by "making them angry"? I think I missed that part of the conversation. I know you aren't saying we should confront and fight them (politically speaking). Are you saying we shouldn't unnecessarily antagonize them?
    I'm saying you should antagonize them. They should be openly derided. Those who break the law in response should be arrested. I'm rejecting the idea that people should avoid taking actions that might upset the angry mob of crazy people. That's just giving that mob power and control. They don't deserve that. They deserve to be taunted and mocked as publicly and openly as possible.

Letting fear control your actions is not a good path to tread.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying you should antagonize them. They should be openly derided. Those who break the law in response should be arrested. I'm rejecting the idea that people should avoid taking actions that might upset the angry mob of crazy people. That's just giving that mob power and control. They don't deserve that. They deserve to be taunted and mocked as publicly and openly as possible.

Ah, gotcha - could not agree more.

I'm suggesting publicly awarding a man who defended members of Congress from an armed and violent mob. Not "handing his name over to the mob".

poking suicidally crazy people with a stick is a bad idea. its not giving into them in anyway to keep this guy anonymous. I'll take it you've never been doxxed or dont know anyone that has. Pal of mine who does anti-fascist work has. It starts with pizza deliveries, moves onto death threats + swatting and then proud boys (or in this case it was base/seigegroup members) start knocking on the door. Its not good. Not to mention if you have any social media look at what these fuckers do to harmless reporters (i.e look what they did to Taylor lorenz/ali winston). They go after family members with death threats and bomb threats etc. its just unnecessary so you can grandstand with you 'well done for killing some crazy cunt' medal. Antagonizing people isnt a particularly good method of deradicalisation, counter terrorism or for that matter a good idea for the cop who shot that woman.

Its completely counter productive and serves no purpose. It doesn't benefit the cop. The goal of dealing with these people isn't based on your want to feel smug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    poking suicidally crazy people with a stick is a bad idea. its not giving into them in anyway to keep this guy anonymous. I'll take it you've never been doxxed or dont know anyone that has. Pal of mine who does anti-fascist work has. It starts with pizza deliveries, moves onto death threats + swatting and then proud boys (or in this case it was base/seigegroup members) start knocking on the door. Its not good. Not to mention if you have any social media look at what these fuckers do to harmless reporters (i.e look what they did to Taylor lorenz/ali winston). They go after family members with death threats and bomb threats etc. its just unnecessary so you can grandstand with you 'well done for killing some crazy cunt' medal. Antagonizing people isnt a particularly good method of deradicalisation, counter terrorism or for that matter a good idea for the cop who shot that woman.

Its completely counter productive and serves no purpose. It doesn't benefit the cop. The goal of dealing with these people isn't based on your want to feel smug.
    What you're describing is giving in to them. You're so scared of their strength and power that you'll change how you'd act so that they aren't upset with you. That's literally what you're talking about, here.

I get that doing this to the cop out of nowhere and without his consent would be a dick move, but I never suggested that, and if you got that implication, let me acknowledge it's not what I was saying. But I don't imagine this officer is the kind of person to back down from that threat, given his actions on January 6.

What you're describing is giving in to them. You're so scared of their strength and power that you'll change how you'd act so that they aren't upset with you. That's literally what you're talking about, here.
    nah its just counter productive and will ruin some random dudes life for no reason.

I get that doing this to the cop out of nowhere and without his consent would be a dick move, but I never suggested that, and if you got that implication, let me acknowledge it's not what I was saying. But I don't imagine this officer is the kind of person to back down from that threat, given his actions on January 6
    ah thats fine but they will try and kill him its just not worth from a counter terror standpoint to bother doing it.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...-lawmakers-who

And after a bit of public shaming, Toyota is saying they'll stop donating the Sedition Caucus members, as they'd previously committed not to do.

We'll see if they stick with it this time around.

Well, one of the seditionists is throwing himself at the mercy of the court by pleading guilty asks the court to not "cancel him" by giving him prison time. I really wish it was like a bad TV show and it gets cancelled. But this is a bad reality show that never ends like Survivor or The Real World.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...?ocid=msedgntp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, one of the seditionists is throwing himself at the mercy of the court by pleading guilty asks the court to not "cancel him" by giving him prison time. I really wish it was like a bad TV show and it gets cancelled. But this is a bad reality show that never ends like Survivor or The Real World.

It’s a good thing that the court systems don’t acknowledge these people’s moronic justifications or reasoning for why the illegal things they did shouldn’t be illegal.

These clods have always needed a cold, hard dose of reality.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"15 minutes" completely foregoes the hours, if not days, of lead up to it where he made travel plans, was there hours before, walked up to the capital, went in, and the rest.

May as well boil down murder to "it was just a 2 second decision."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

So I guess the "Rule of Law" is now part of the cancel culture, eh? I'm not sure how the conservative mindset wraps itself around that quandary.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So I guess the "Rule of Law" is now part of the cancel culture, eh? I'm not sure how the conservative mindset wraps itself around that quandary.
    Unjust rules shouldn't be followed...no, seriously, they actually think that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you telling me that the people who bleat "They should have just complied!" every time an unarmed person gets killed by police are hypocrites who don't believe they should have to follow the rules?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    So unjust laws should be... canceled?

What about unjust policies? Or unjust companies? Or unjust attitudes?

Like... that's a seriously fucking deep disconnect. I just don't get it.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...se-prosecutors

Man shows up to insurrection pretending to be "FAKE NEWS MEDIA", claims he has press protections. He is not a member of the media, and does not have press protections.