1. #4741
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    one party has members of it that should be put on trial and dragged to a gallows for their participation in trying to overthrow our democracy. this is a fact and anyone saying otherwise are equally suspect.
    The fact that people seem to think it is ok for these traitorous fucks to be involved in legislation when they are literally under investigation is a massive, massive problem. They need to be removed from office immediately. I'm sick of this shit.

    The US is literally in a position now where there are no democratic or constitutional solutions for any of this. 34 of 50 states are passing voter suppression bills and the US Senate is in perpetual gridlock due to the filibuster. It is absolutely fucking mind boggling that people are waiting for HR1 to solve this when HR1 is DOA and will NEVER pass.

    The GQP are going to take both houses in 2022 which makes 2024 not even a factor. We will not be having another fair presidential election. The US fell on 1/6 to a fascist regime and people need to wake the fuck up and realize democracy is no longer able to save us.


    I'm done listening to mindless bullshit about slow wheels of justice when justice is playing no part in any of this. It is time for the ammo box.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Dragged to a gallows" is perhaps a bit much.

    It would be sufficient for them to be charged and convicted for the aid and comfort they offered to insurrectionists. Since, y'know, legal definition of insurrection.

    That drags them out of office, and once the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene are out of office and unable to ever run again, they matter as much to US society as your everyday average Karen getting tackled to the ground in an airport for refusing to wear a mask while boarding.
    A bit much? Seriously? These people literally are planning mass executions for the very moment when there will be no consequences for it. They are quite openly calling for the executions of literally anyone and everyone who isn't following the GQP religion. Matt Gaetz more or less incited violence yet again and once again ZERO fucking consequences.

    This is fucking lunacy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    For her to be unable to run for office again wouldn’t Congress have to impeach, convict, and bar her?
    How about the DOJ does their fucking job and arrest her? She has a history of violent threats and stalking others. Why are people putting up with this shit?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nope!

    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383
    18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

    Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    Important bits in bold. That's just normal crime; the DOJ can prosecute any sitting member of Congress just fine for these crimes; only the President has any kind of immunity from prosecution while in office. This is one of the only crimes that has that tagline. Also, note that the wording states that the barring from office is a mandatory sentencing clause, not one up for judicial discretion like the fine or prison sentence.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm not suggesting that the insurrection was a small thing. It wasn't, and anyone part of the crowd that broke into the Capitol should be facing five years or more in prison, just for their participation, with higher sentences for those who did more than just follow along.

    I'm speaking to the likes of politicians whose only participation was Tweeting support or assistance. Lauren Boebert should be dead simple to convict, as she was literally tweeting the location of the Speaker as people were breaking in to try and kill her. But Marjorie Taylor Greene, for instance, Tweeted that the rioters were Democrats; that's an attempt to deflect blame from the actual criminals, and that qualifies as "aid and comfort". So she should be convicted too.

    I just feel that 5+ years in prison over a tweet is perhaps a bit much. Removing them from office and barring them from national politics forever is fine, in that case. Particularly since that's a standard that can be applied to, like, a massive chunk of Republican representation. A lot.
    No it isn't a bit much. These people are fucking inciting violence and sedition. They are literally breaking the fucking law and we have had repeated mass shootings and gun violence committed by the whack jobs that worship GQP elected officials like they are gods.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-06-01 at 02:06 AM.

  2. #4742
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,046
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    A bit much? Seriously? These people literally are planning mass executions for the very moment when there will be no consequences for it. They are quite openly calling for the executions of literally anyone and everyone who isn't following the GQP religion. Matt Gaetz more or less incited violence yet again and once again ZERO fucking consequences.

    This is fucking lunacy.
    I want to see all of them facing felony charges. I want anyone who walked into the Capitol that day as part of that group to face a minimum of 2 years in prison, and ideally much longer, particularly if they did anything beyond just walking around in there. I also think any politician who has, either before, during, or at any time after the January 6 event, offered any public support or comfort to those involved, they should be summarily removed from office after being convicted of insurrection; that includes the likes of Boebert the day of, to anyone pushing the "just tourists" horseshit since. One tweet of that sort, even if later deleted, and you should be permanently barred from holding any federal office ever again (part of the sentencing for insurrection, I'm not just making that up).

    I just draw the line at marching these people to a literal gallows. I don't support the death penalty, and I particularly don't support martyrdom. Better to let these idiots whine from a cell for the rest of their natural lives.

  3. #4743
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The issue here is the courts have yet to charge ANYONE with insurrection and seem unlikely to. Makes it hard to charge her for it.
    We all saw what happened on 1/6 and the people who were involved in it uploaded thousands of hours of video of the event and many of these people who have been arrested and charged with various crimes have had direct contact with various GQP elected officials who helped them plan it. It is fucking crazy that none of these elected officials have been charged or even fucking questioned.

    We have the parler dump showing all of this shit being planned out months in advance not to mention Roger Stone originally planned "Stop the Steal" for 2016 in case Trump lost. And for those who are unaware this same traitorous fuck is why Gore lost the election because he pulled the same fucking type of shit in 2000. We also have geolocation data proving certain elected officials were with Trump on 1/5 despite several of them loudly claiming they were never there.

    What the actual fuck is going on here? This isn't justice not even close and the DOJ absolutely 100% did not need an attorney general to initiate investigations or act on criminal acts or even to fucking arrest people. I hate to say it but the GQP and Trump are under protection by the federal government. Rule of law has failed us. The Constitution has failed us. More than half of the states in this country will have passed voter suppression bills that will essentially make all elections going forward pointless because any votes by Democrats will be tossed or election results will outright be thrown out the window.

    The dystopia whiny extreme right wingers always bitch about? It's here. Now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    true, very true, fuck just with them kicking Trump off of social media has done a lot to push him out of the public conscious.
    Trump supporters haven't forgotten him. The GQP hasn't forgotten him.

    Ignoring fascists doesn't make them go away. It just makes it easier for them to complete their agendas. Once again we have elected officials calling for executions of those who dissent. Trump is a symptom of the deep rot in the US but he is not the cause of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That I put down to rank cowardice on the part of the legal system.

    "Oh, we can't charge them with the crime they obviously committed! Clearly, those participating in the "January 6 Insurrection" were not actually committing insurrection!"

    The only hope I have is that the DOJ is taking a "lock them in for the easy crimes, and then nail the worst of them with Insurrection, and then fast-track adding those charges to everyone else remotely associated in a grand sweep" approach.

    Like, you folks down south have a ton of prisons. Legalize weed, nullify the sentences of anyone who's in there on weed charges and release them, and fill the spots with insurrectionists. Easy.
    One of the co-founders of Oath Keepers is about to flip or already has. And yet nothing has happened. And will never happen if the GQP has anything to do with it.

    Look at the grand jury convened to hear cases involving Trump. It is planned to last 6 months which is not normal and they hear a variety of cases and pass down indictments as they hear the cases. Cy Vance is a fixer for Trump and he is most certainly not going to put anything involving Trump in front of the grand jury until the very end of this 6 month period. They are going to drag this out as long as possible and hope people forget and they will.

    The wheels of justice are no longer slow. They have been broken by the very people meant to protect it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What makes you say this? The FBI is still investigating. They've charged a lot of people involved with lower level crimes to get them in the system, but they haven't ended their investigation, and the investigation isn't solely directed at finding new perpetrators. I suspect everyone there who was in "the stack" is going to end up with a lot more serious charges than they've got now. Since they actually in violence, they're not just involved in sedition, but actual insurrection. They've already charged one guy who wasn't even there with conspiracy, which would mean that people who are only involved in planning could be charged similarly.
    I know this will be a shocker for some but you can investigate crimes AND actually arrest people at the same time. This is fucking bullshit and it needs to stop. Trump has literally fucking admitted to numerous felonies while he was POTUS and there is ZERO justifiable reason for why he wasn't arrested on January 20th. Stop with the excuses. People with zero access to what the FBI and DOJ do were able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump and his cronies tried to overthrow the country. 100% certainty is NOT a requirement for a conviction or for charges to be filed.

    Arrest. These. Traitorous. Fucks. NOW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Only if it intends to overthrow the government. Just because you're violent doesn't mean you're trying to overthrow the gov't. Being violent to force congress to put someone other than who was elected in the presidency is trying to overthrow the gov't.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The one that does this regularly? Charges smaller crimes to hold people while it continues investigating?
    The evidence currently available is more than enough to convict those directly involved in this. The FBI and DOJ and other federal agencies have access to far more than we do. It is literally criminal that these people have not been charged.

    This is NOT about needing an airtight case this is about protecting those at the top while the pawns take the fall for it all. 1/6 is going to happen again and again and again and again until they succeed. The US doesn't have time for slow wheels of justice anymore. We need action.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The one that only brings insurrection charges in exceedingly rare circumstances due to prioritizing the first amendment. They’ll get charges like what we’ve seen brought, but insurrection isn’t something anyone should count on.
    Well sure if we allow the DOJ to not file charges that fit the crime. It is 100% unacceptable. 1/6 was insurrection. Full stop. There is ample evidence proving it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess we’ll see. Thus far there’s been no indication the DoJ is going to charge anyone with insurrection.
    Not due to lack of evidence but lack of a spine.

    It was insurrection. Continuing to push this nonsense will most assuredly result in the fall of the US.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    My post suggests nothing of the kind. Are you suggesting any current or future investigation start by assuming the results of the investigation?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Put on trial and dragged to the gallows? Aren’t you being a little medieval here?

    I’m well aware there are criminal trials ongoing, as well.
    "Hang Mike Pence"

    Seriously? Trump literally sent a tweet out the moment Pence refused to participate in the overthrow of the US and his followers immediately started looking for him to kill him. Treason is a capital crime and I hate the death penalty but this is a rare instance where I think it is appropriate. What these people are doing is tearing at the fabric of our democracy and I am now realizing our democracy is far more fragile than I ever understood.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    There's nothing to investigate. We know who did it and who instigated it.

    The purpose of the commission would have been to understand how the security failures occurred.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fake outrage much? The mob literally built gallows for Pence.
    It is insane. We literally saw it happen live and many of us were screaming and literally begging for federal law enforcement to step in and stop what was about to happen on 1/6.

    "The military would never support Trump or a coup". Yet Trump fired much of the Pentagon leadership and replaced them with loyalists after he lost the election and these people were the reason why it took six fucking god damn hours to get authorization for National Guard to deploy in DC. In fact Michael Flynn's brother was literally in the same room with those Trump loyalists in the Pentagon when this was going on. Oh and Michael Flynn is now currently saying what happened in Myanmar needs to happen in the US so for those of you who think 1/6 was a one time thing, think again. This isn't about investigations or justice. This is about dragging everything out until another attack on our nation's capital.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The GOP voting against the Insurrection Commission (excuse me, the Jan 6 commission), is pushing people towards removing the Filibuster.
    Criminals are being allowed to decide if they are investigated or not. It is mind blowing that more people aren't angry about this. These traitors are using our Constitution and laws to fuck all of us.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't understand how the traitors can even begin to rationalize voting against it.
    I don't understand why these traitors weren't arrested on day one. Assuming the US doesn't fall we really need to make it so elected officials actively involved in criminal acts are not allowed to keep office. It is insane the amount of crime elected officials have committed in the US over the years with little to no consequence while in office. But again the Constitution was never written for us. It was written to protect the rich and powerful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Easy. If there's a full on investigation into what happened on January 6th there's a really good chance that a lot of Republicans are going to be shown as enabling the simple "tourist visit". I mean we've already seen a few of them indirectly support it, and a few that outright supported it.
    Once again I need to point out normal every day citizens have been able to link the pawns directly to various GQP officials involved in planning this. There isn't much of anything left to investigate. If law enforcement wants to get people at the top they can do so by arresting or at least questioning one of them and go from there. Again this is not justice this is a cover up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Sadly, I actually talked a few few a week after it happened, they actually tried to justify it as them "Fighting for democracy from a stolen election" I pointed out to them that there was zero evidence of this and if they had any, there were over 30 court cases of Trumps where they were all thrown out due to no evidence that they could have submitted it.

    Their response was, "Do you really think THAT many people came out to vote for Biden?" I responded, that I don't think that many would come out to vote FOR Biden but I would completely believe that many coming out to vote AGAINST Trump. Then they tried to deflect to the Black Lives Matter protest as an example at which point I couldn't help it but I laughed and pointed out that over 97% of BLM protests have been peaceful and out of the violent ones we even found a white supremacist in one of them doing stuff because they figured BLM could get the blame for.

    I recall I actually kinda joked about it with, "Sure the terrorists tried to attack our elections and kill our leaders, but that's nothing compared to all the damaged trashcans from the BLM protests, WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE TRASHCANS." I think they realized just how far gone they sounded when I made that joke and kinda went silent.
    The very same people accusing BLM of 2 billion dollars worth of damage due to riots are the same people saying a few broken windows in DC is fine. It is mind boggling how these people literally beat cops with "blue lives matter" flagpoles and yet claim to "back the blue".

    The US is fucked.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Because they know that if they investigate it, they know there will be a bunch of Congressmen and women arrested for treason. There is evidence that Qbert, MTG, Gosar, and others gave insurrectionists "tours" on January 5th, especially since there are some that have been arrested for giving in depth directions to other insurrectionists from things that are only gotten from tours. And since they haven't had tours for a long time, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of these dumb bitches going to jail.
    There are a lot of other links as well such as Paul Gosar who was directly involved in the money side of this. Who is a literal fucking nazi. Mind blowing people elected a Nazi to congress and then have the gall to claim liberals shouting "nazi" are being hyperbolic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It's honestly terrifying just how far members of Cult 45 went down the rabbit hole to defend that POS. However I was more talking about Republican politicians like Hawley who gave them a fist pump. Like Andrew Clyde who dismissed what happened as just an "undisciplined mob". Then there's Paul Gosar who thinks its wrong for the American populace to help federal law enforcement officers to find the folks who were caught committing crimes inside the Capitol building live on video. The fact those kind of shit birds are going to downplay a very real threat that cost people their lives or were seriously injured is beyond disgusting. They enable it....and I'm willing to bet money that many of them had something to do with the planning of the attack. Remember the people in that mob had t-shirts made about an upcoming Civil War to start on that date.
    Something people need to realize is the civil war already started. It started the day Trump took office and has only worsened since and him no longer being POTUS is not really causing the rhetoric and violence to stop. More than half the states plan to pass voter suppression bills with the express purpose of shutting out Democrat candidates.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    With what the voters think, they are completely uniformed and go out of their way to remain that way. Already mentioned a few times how bad my brother in law is had how on Christmas he tried to tell me that I and the Democrats were a bunch of devil worshipers who would burn in hell as his way to not admit to the double standard he was trying to hold when HE was the one who tried to bring up politics and then threatened me before others told him to leave.

    When it comes to the politicians themselves, they KNOW better than that, they know exactly what they are doing, it's their job and they refuse to admit the facts after they learn them because them keep their jobs requires them to NOT know the facts or admit they know them after they learn them. They don't want to look into it officially because they know what their base is and they don't care about the long term impacts of this nation so long as they get what they want now. That's the futures problem. Look at their double standard when it came to impeachments, the courts, and everything else.

    They KNOW reality, they don't care about it because admitting it costs them power. These are people who will gladly burn this nation to the ground if it means they are the ones ruling over the ashes.
    This is what scares me most of all. It was nice believing this was just ignorance and that these people can be reached. We have seen they can not and will not be reached and they are very willing to commit violence to get what they want. The extremism in the US isn't much unlike extremism in the Middle East and I fear many countries will end up in a "forever war" with us. What happens here has global implications.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I want to see all of them facing felony charges. I want anyone who walked into the Capitol that day as part of that group to face a minimum of 2 years in prison, and ideally much longer, particularly if they did anything beyond just walking around in there. I also think any politician who has, either before, during, or at any time after the January 6 event, offered any public support or comfort to those involved, they should be summarily removed from office after being convicted of insurrection; that includes the likes of Boebert the day of, to anyone pushing the "just tourists" horseshit since. One tweet of that sort, even if later deleted, and you should be permanently barred from holding any federal office ever again (part of the sentencing for insurrection, I'm not just making that up).

    I just draw the line at marching these people to a literal gallows. I don't support the death penalty, and I particularly don't support martyrdom. Better to let these idiots whine from a cell for the rest of their natural lives.
    I hate the death penalty and basically I hate how prison is more about punishment than rehabilitation but the kind of criminals here aren't typical criminals. They want all of us either subservient or dead. Treason, insurrection and sedition need to have incredibly harsh penalties given the nature of the crimes. They are literally trying to end the US and anyone who gets in the way. If we allow our elected officials to get away with this it will breed more of the same type of people. We have seen it happen time and again for hundreds of years. It is time to learn from history and do the right thing. Sadly in this case it is capital punishment.

  4. #4744
    Barr wanted to charge any BLM back in september with sedition if they were believed to have caused crimes such as taking a federal courthouse or other federal property by force, but 1/6 was white people, and white people can't be seditious, unless they are with black people.

    obvious /s

  5. #4745
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,046
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Barr wanted to charge any BLM back in september with sedition if they were believed to have caused crimes such as taking a federal courthouse or other federal property by force, but 1/6 was white people, and white people can't be seditious, unless they are with black people.

    obvious /s
    I mean, it helps when the idiot brigade on 1/6 are shouting shit like "Wooo! Insurrection!" and "CIVIL WAR BABY".

    Hard to complain that's not your objective when you're on video proclaiming that it is.

  6. #4746
    Just saw Biden's speech from earlier today. It gave me a brief glimmer of hope. Sadly those who need to hear his words the most will continue to call him "sleepy joe" and accuse him of pedophilia.

    I don't understand how people can actually seriously believe Democrats and liberals hate this country. I will never understand it. It used to be it was two parties who wanted the same goals but the issue was how to get there. Now one party that has minority control is literally laying waste to everything this country has built while the other party who has majority control is literally unable to do anything about it due to a now largely irrelevant Constitution.

    The cloture vote we had the other day to vote on the 1/6 commission lost with 35 votes to 54. A minority of votes was able to block an investigation of the very people who voted no. Is this really what the US is now?

    Burn. It. All. Down.

    The US is no longer salvageable. Fighting for democracy means nothing when democracy can't even save us.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-06-01 at 05:05 AM.

  7. #4747
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,888
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Just saw Biden's speech from earlier today. It gave me a brief glimmer of hope. Sadly those who need to hear his words the most will continue to call him "sleepy joe" and accuse him of pedophilia.

    I don't understand how people can actually seriously believe Democrats and liberals hate this country. I will never understand it. It used to be it was two parties who wanted the same goals but the issue was how to get there. Now one party that has minority control is literally laying waste to everything this country has built while the other party who has majority control is literally unable to do anything about it due to a now largely irrelevant Constitution.

    The cloture vote we had the other day to vote on the 1/6 commission lost with 35 votes to 54. A minority of votes was able to block an investigation of the very people who voted no. Is this really what the US is now?

    Burn. It. All. Down.

    The US is no longer salvageable. Fighting for democracy means nothing when democracy can't even save us.
    This GOP rabble will pass with time. These are the dying spasms of a wounded animal.

    Political parties have gone defunct in the past. In fact, you could say that the democrat and republican parties, as they originally stood, have gone defunct, as both parties bear practically zero similarities to their original forms as they existed in the 1800s and that the two parties we have now are effectively new parties, really only having settled into the forms they have now in a concrete way arguably as recently as the 1960s.

    The only real issue is how much harm the GOP can do as they're shoved out the door. And shoving them out that door on a national level should be the democrats A-1 concern. Because it should be monumentally obvious that so long as the GOP retains any semblance of power and holds any allegiance to Trump, that the republicans have no interest in leading or improving the nation.

    I'm not so pessimistic as to admit defeat to some feckless GOP goons and their chintzy wannabe-dictator Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #4748
    Nice to see the person Trump pardoned in Michael Flynn, is speaking about a military coup. An actual general in the US Army and Intelligence Agency.

    I think now I believe when the coup will come. The Fascist party, aka the Republicans will attempt a coup, by stealing an election or possible violent coup. Perhaps both at the same time.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  9. #4749
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This GOP rabble will pass with time. These are the dying spasms of a wounded animal.

    Political parties have gone defunct in the past. In fact, you could say that the democrat and republican parties, as they originally stood, have gone defunct, as both parties bear practically zero similarities to their original forms as they existed in the 1800s and that the two parties we have now are effectively new parties, really only having settled into the forms they have now in a concrete way arguably as recently as the 1960s.

    The only real issue is how much harm the GOP can do as they're shoved out the door. And shoving them out that door on a national level should be the democrats A-1 concern. Because it should be monumentally obvious that so long as the GOP retains any semblance of power and holds any allegiance to Trump, that the republicans have no interest in leading or improving the nation.

    I'm not so pessimistic as to admit defeat to some feckless GOP goons and their chintzy wannabe-dictator Trump.
    And not just democrats. Trump supporters continue to do a LOT of harm to the US. And what Trump supporters say on a daily basis, and have done already this year, is way more than enough reason to go full out on them. Republican non-Trump supporters need to leave the party (whether they become the conservative wing of the democratic party or start a new one is up to them, but they have a lot more in common with President Biden than Trump), and democrats need to fight Trump supporters with as much energy as we can.

    For me - I will be going to majority black areas, signing up people to vote, and during the 2022 election driving them to and from the polls. Blacks are the most reliable democratic voters, so that's where I'll be found.

    Keep Georgia Blue!!!

  10. #4750
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,698
    This guy...I just don't have the words. Guy running for Congress in AZ 9th wears his Army uniform in an OAN interview, and is now under investigation by the Department of Defense. And the best part...he's black. It still boggles my mind that any non-white person runs under these insane insurrection banners. What the hell do they think is going to happen to them if those idiots ever get power? One Nation One Race? Does he even know what the confederate flag means?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Nice to see the person Trump pardoned in Michael Flynn, is speaking about a military coup. An actual general in the US Army and Intelligence Agency.

    I think now I believe when the coup will come. The Fascist party, aka the Republicans will attempt a coup, by stealing an election or possible violent coup. Perhaps both at the same time.
    If it does come, it will be these new elections laws coming out, specifically the ones that allow the state legislature to overturn the state vote for President and direct the electoral college votes for whom they "believe" won.

  11. #4751
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Nice to see the person Trump pardoned in Michael Flynn, is speaking about a military coup. An actual general in the US Army and Intelligence Agency.

    I think now I believe when the coup will come. The Fascist party, aka the Republicans will attempt a coup, by stealing an election or possible violent coup. Perhaps both at the same time.
    I hope the Military does what they said they could, and fucking Court Martial his ass. Because this fucker deserves to be stripped of every rank, no pension, nothing, and dishonorably discharged. If anything, he could face jail time in the stockade for it. https://www.military.com/daily-news/...t-decides.html

  12. #4752
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, it helps when the idiot brigade on 1/6 are shouting shit like "Wooo! Insurrection!" and "CIVIL WAR BABY".

    Hard to complain that's not your objective when you're on video proclaiming that it is.
    "Hang Mike Pence" and having an actual fucking gallows built on the spot didn't help much either.

  13. #4753
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,046
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    "Hang Mike Pence" and having an actual fucking gallows built on the spot didn't help much either.
    Yeah, but I'm just kind of at a "let's take them at their goddamned word" stage.

    No "oh, it's just rhetoric, I wouldn't DO it" bullshit. You said it, we assume you meant it, and fucking press charges accordingly. For instance, see Flynn's recent "we need a military coup like Myanmar's" comments; that man should be court-martialed for that and be facing 5-10 years in prison. Just for the comment.

  14. #4754
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    This GOP rabble will pass with time. These are the dying spasms of a wounded animal.

    Political parties have gone defunct in the past. In fact, you could say that the democrat and republican parties, as they originally stood, have gone defunct, as both parties bear practically zero similarities to their original forms as they existed in the 1800s and that the two parties we have now are effectively new parties, really only having settled into the forms they have now in a concrete way arguably as recently as the 1960s.

    The only real issue is how much harm the GOP can do as they're shoved out the door. And shoving them out that door on a national level should be the democrats A-1 concern. Because it should be monumentally obvious that so long as the GOP retains any semblance of power and holds any allegiance to Trump, that the republicans have no interest in leading or improving the nation.

    I'm not so pessimistic as to admit defeat to some feckless GOP goons and their chintzy wannabe-dictator Trump.
    I'm not being defeatist I'm being realistic. 34 of 50 states are passing voter suppression laws with very little resistance. Texas state legislature is going to have the literal ability to overturn elections with zero proof.

    This can't be solved democratically or constitutionally or even legally. It is more than a little tone deaf for people to continue to bleat out "vote vote vote" when the GQP will literally have the ability to invalidate all of those votes in 2022.

    Yes a lot of idiots were involved in 1/6 and aren't much of a threat on their own but what you and others don't seem to understand is that was by design while the real plan was being carried out which was to murder certain people with Democrat leadership. It was literal dumb luck that prevented assassination of legislators. Eugene Goodman was in the right place at the right time but next time we won't be as lucky. 2020 was a trial run on how to overthrow the US government and install a fascist regime and clearly the GQP understands why they failed and they are now addressing that in various state legislatures.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Nice to see the person Trump pardoned in Michael Flynn, is speaking about a military coup. An actual general in the US Army and Intelligence Agency.

    I think now I believe when the coup will come. The Fascist party, aka the Republicans will attempt a coup, by stealing an election or possible violent coup. Perhaps both at the same time.
    Not to mention the fact Flynn's brother was in the same room as Pentagon leadership on 1/6 while they delayed deployment of National Guard because dear leader told them to. We spent 2 years being told the military would never go along with Trump's plans and they literally did. Trump fired Pentagon leadership and replaced them with loyalists who delayed deployment of the National Guard. It is fucking unreal how people aren't understanding the enormity of that. Most of the past 6 months people prattled on and on about how the military will not follow unlawful orders not comprehending lack of having an order in the first place is just as bad or worse.

    MTG, Gaetz and Flynn have all broken the law and NOTHING has happened. No consequences. No questioning by law enforcement, no arrests. Just nothing. I am fucking done hearing about "slow wheels of justice". If this involved normal everyday people they would have been arrested almost immediately regardless of how complete the investigation was. I really do believe Biden and Garland are sincere about wanting to bring these people to justice but it is clear as day the DOJ is operating on its own agenda separate from them and they are not serving the interests of the US. It is the whole reason the DOJ is fighting releasing Barr's memo.

    It has been almost 6 months. It is time to start arresting these traitorous fucks before they try another coup.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And not just democrats. Trump supporters continue to do a LOT of harm to the US. And what Trump supporters say on a daily basis, and have done already this year, is way more than enough reason to go full out on them. Republican non-Trump supporters need to leave the party (whether they become the conservative wing of the democratic party or start a new one is up to them, but they have a lot more in common with President Biden than Trump), and democrats need to fight Trump supporters with as much energy as we can.

    For me - I will be going to majority black areas, signing up people to vote, and during the 2022 election driving them to and from the polls. Blacks are the most reliable democratic voters, so that's where I'll be found.

    Keep Georgia Blue!!!
    Georgia's vote suppression bill that passed recently makes all of that pointless. You understand that right? 2020 was our last shot at using democratic solutions. HR1 will not be happening. The filibuster is not going away. Congress is going to be in gridlock until 2022 and the GQP WILL be taking both houses. It is time to face facts the US has already fallen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I hope the Military does what they said they could, and fucking Court Martial his ass. Because this fucker deserves to be stripped of every rank, no pension, nothing, and dishonorably discharged. If anything, he could face jail time in the stockade for it. https://www.military.com/daily-news/...t-decides.html
    They won't. It is a nice fantasy that the military will save us but they straight up said they will not intervene in domestic issues as constitutionally they have zero authority to do so. Flynn and his brother are getting away with literal murder. There will be no justice as long as the perpetrators hold all the cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, but I'm just kind of at a "let's take them at their goddamned word" stage.

    No "oh, it's just rhetoric, I wouldn't DO it" bullshit. You said it, we assume you meant it, and fucking press charges accordingly. For instance, see Flynn's recent "we need a military coup like Myanmar's" comments; that man should be court-martialed for that and be facing 5-10 years in prison. Just for the comment.
    Sadly it won't happen. The GQP and their sycophants have normalized treason, sedition, and incitement of violence.

    I am so fucking ashamed of what the US has turned into and I deeply regret not paying attention to any of this prior to Trump becoming POTUS. I was initially raised as a conservative Republican and for whatever reason my mother kind of started questioning everything she had been led to believe and ultimately realized it was all a lie which caused her to finally open her mind resulting in opening my mind as well. She taught me to think for myself and question everything. She has been gone 20 years now and much of those 20 years I stopped caring about politics until the day Trump came to my home town and called literal fucking nazis "very fine people" after an innocent woman was run down by a "very fine person". I knew I needed to start paying attention.

    I miss my mother so much but I am glad she never had to watch the country she loved so much self destruct.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2021-06-02 at 04:17 PM.

  15. #4755
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This can't be solved democratically or constitutionally or even legally. It is more than a little tone deaf for people to continue to bleat out "vote vote vote" when the GQP will literally have the ability to invalidate all of those votes in 2022.
    It absolutely can. If a few Republicans in the House/Senate decide they care about voting rights/protections, or if Democrats find their spine and nix the filibuster, they can resolve a lot of these issues on the federal level and squash these bullshit laws.

  16. #4756
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,046
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Sadly it won't happen. The GQP and their sycophants have normalized treason, sedition, and incitement of violence.
    The big news last week of the proposed commission to investigate 1/6 failing because of Republican opposition, that shouldn't be news. At least, not beyond a "the Republicans are idiots and have colossally fucked themselves" sense.

    Hand it all over to the DOJ, to prosecute anyone connected, even just in speech. The law on insurrection is broad enough that, once you can convict anyone there involved with the crime, anyone giving any "aid or comfort" to them is also guilty.

    We can quibble about sentencing after convictions come down the pipe.

    The idea that "this stuff takes time" is just hogwash. To identify individual insurrectionists from video footage, sure, that takes time. Charging the likes of Lauren Boebert for trying to have Pelosi killed by the insurrection? We have everything we'd need to convict. We had it on January 7th. Fucking charge them.

    You can always add new charges down the line if you need to.

  17. #4757
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The big news last week of the proposed commission to investigate 1/6 failing because of Republican opposition, that shouldn't be news. At least, not beyond a "the Republicans are idiots and have colossally fucked themselves" sense.
    Remember how Republicans were complaining that the bipartisan commission with members equally appointed by the leadership of both parties was "partisan/political" so that's why they opposed it?

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/polit...ion/index.html

    I bet they're thrilled about a possible Democrat-led House investigation. Fuckin retards.

  18. #4758
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It absolutely can. If a few Republicans in the House/Senate decide they care about voting rights/protections, or if Democrats find their spine and nix the filibuster, they can resolve a lot of these issues on the federal level and squash these bullshit laws.
    I think it's pretty clear that's an "if" in the category of "if everyone just loved each other, we could defeat hate forever" types of idealism.

    There have been so many issues which should have had broad bipartisan support, and which Republicans opposed just because the Democrats proposed it. And that does not work the same way when the tables are turned.

    I can pretty comfortably state that the overwhelming majority of Republican members in the House and Senate do not care about defending voting rights/protections, and are actively collaborating to dismantle those same rights and protections in pursuance of a seizure of power and a dismantling of democracy itself. Like, 95% of sitting Republicans.

    January 6th was the USA's Beer Hall Putsch. And we saw what happened to the Weimar Republic when they didn't crack down hard enough, there. It was 10 years from that event to the Nazi Reich, and that was with Hitler being convicted of treason and going to prison for it.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-06-02 at 04:25 PM.

  19. #4759
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It absolutely can. If a few Republicans in the House/Senate decide they care about voting rights/protections, or if Democrats find their spine and nix the filibuster, they can resolve a lot of these issues on the federal level and squash these bullshit laws.
    Manchin isn't budging on the filibuster and the other DINO is fucking useless. The reality of the situation right now is HR1 is DOA and multiple GQP state legislatures are closing up the loopholes that caused Trump's efforts to overturn the election to fail.

    The election we need to replace some of these people is already rigged. So no, this can not be solved democratically that is the entire fucking point of what GQP state legislatures are doing. Also sadly the GQP tends to all fall in line so there will be very little opportunity to even get even one of them to vote against the filibuster.

    GQP is going to retake House and Senate and there will likely be no more elections after 2022.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The big news last week of the proposed commission to investigate 1/6 failing because of Republican opposition, that shouldn't be news. At least, not beyond a "the Republicans are idiots and have colossally fucked themselves" sense.

    Hand it all over to the DOJ, to prosecute anyone connected, even just in speech. The law on insurrection is broad enough that, once you can convict anyone there involved with the crime, anyone giving any "aid or comfort" to them is also guilty.

    We can quibble about sentencing after convictions come down the pipe.

    The idea that "this stuff takes time" is just hogwash. To identify individual insurrectionists from video footage, sure, that takes time. Charging the likes of Lauren Boebert for trying to have Pelosi killed by the insurrection? We have everything we'd need to convict. We had it on January 7th. Fucking charge them.

    You can always add new charges down the line if you need to.
    The Mueller investigation and report literally says there is evidence to charge Trump with obstruction of justice and there is ZERO reason for why Trump wasn't arrested on January 20th. He has literally committed crimes on live national tv and then confessed to them. The kicker is the fact people keep saying we got Capone on tax evasion and not his other crimes. Well we have Trump on obstruction of justice and...what? Nothing. Nothing has happened. No indictment, no charges, not even questioning. NOTHING.

    The whole SDNY thing is a smokescreen. Cy Vance will not be presenting the case involving Trump to the grand jury until the last moment. It is meant to drag things out even more in hopes people forget.

    Almost 6 months after an attempted coup with more and more evidence mounting by the day and NOTHING has been done about the people who planned it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember how Republicans were complaining that the bipartisan commission with members equally appointed by the leadership of both parties was "partisan/political" so that's why they opposed it?

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/01/polit...ion/index.html

    I bet they're thrilled about a possible Democrat-led House investigation. Fuckin retards.
    Not so much. The GQP does what they want no matter how bad the optics are because their base has finally proven no matter how bad it is they will vote R always. They are literally forcing a situation where any Congressional investigation will not be bipartisan and they will use that in the 2022 election cycle.

    Democrats need to stop giving a fuck about what the GQP thinks or might do and actually fucking DO SOMETHING.

  20. #4760
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I commute between Sweden and Crown Falls.
    Posts
    28,370
    I just now heard that Matt Gaetz has been using inciting rhetoric and talking about mounting a "REAL COUP"... And now I read that it's not just him doing so within the Repugnant Party.

    I'm honestly scared, and I don't even live in the US.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    My near death experience? When I realized that there are people paying £2000 for the Swift Zulian Tiger on the BMAH. Damned near did not survive that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •