1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Damn, pipe bomb just found outside the RNC HQ, which is near the capital. Similar suspicious packages left outside the DNC, but they had already evacuated long before the protests had even begun.

    When Hillary lost, conservatives spread pictures of some kids crying about it. I wonder how that will compare to pictures of pipe bombs and fat old men storming the capital?
    When the election was *literally* stolen from gore we didn't storm the capitol. And we had proof. Unlike the republicans.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    When the election was *literally* stolen from gore we didn't storm the capitol. And we had proof. Unlike the republicans.
    Yeah, it's actually kinda wild to think back to 2000 in the context of today.

  3. #463
    Holy fuck the police literally just opened the gates for them and let them in lol

    https://twitter.com/cevansavenger/st...20924310867968

    This is not "police inaction", this is literally the police helping and contributing lol

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're quite happy too that these politicians, Republican and Democrats, had to run in fear today because of a protest by common people.

    Sure, they're nazis and whatever else is wrong with them, but just the very deed of these crony politicians having their day disrupted is worth a toast.
    Lets see, put the same ratio of people trying to enter your front door with bad intentions.....and see what you do.

    Oh right your mr tough guy when 15 people are knocking your door down ...yup....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  5. #465
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,335
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Labels is the only thing they have.
    Said the trendy cunt with a badge on their lapel.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-06 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  6. #466
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I would appreciate if you didn't misinterpret my intentions so blatantly and carelessly, mister Good-Faith.
    This is NOT a peaceful protest. This is domestic terrorism.

    But I don't approve of people being shot to death.
    You can think both things are bad.
    Have a reread of my post.
    "I don't think state violence used on peaceful protestors is anything to cheer for."

    I agree with that statement.

    That statement has no business being raised in this particular moment, in regards to this particular terrorist act of sedition.

    That's the problem with your post.

    Edit: If we get more information and it turns out this woman who was shot was shot by a member of the Capitol Police for no reason, sure, I'll agree that it was bad. But it's in the middle of a highly violent event where everyone involved is a law-breaking criminal, and she appears to have been shot in the middle of committing that crime, so I'm gonna err on the side of assuming the shooting, were it by an officer, was legitimate, absent that new information.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-01-06 at 09:29 PM.

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This was as hard as he could be without fanning the flames.

    He's more than sick of Trump's shit, you could hear it and see it in his body language when he answered the question about the inauguration.
    I'm sorry but I disagree, we are well past being worried about "fanning the flames". This is a fascist insurrection on the US government and now is not the time to be worried about coming out TOO strongly against it, you know?

  8. #468
    I am Murloc! Pro-Violence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In your swimming pool after midnight
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Lets see, put the same ratio of people trying to enter your front door with bad intentions.....and see what you do.

    Oh right your mr tough guy when 15 people are knocking your door down ...yup....
    I generally don't cause people to be angry and to come knocking at my door.

    I generally cause 15 people to come cheer at me at my door and give me flowers and kisses. Because I'm not a crony politician.

    And everyone clapped.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

  9. #469
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,488
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I generally don't cause people to be angry and to come knocking at my door.

    I generally cause 15 people to come cheer at me at my door and give me flowers and kisses. Because I'm not a crony politician.

    And everyone clapped.
    Is this in Florida or Brussels? Liars and crooks...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  10. #470
    I am Murloc! Pro-Violence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In your swimming pool after midnight
    Posts
    5,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is this in Florida or Brussels? Liars and crooks...
    Why not both?

    Also why do you ask these dumb questions? Do you enjoy seeing threads spammed with me having to answer dumb questions?
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

  11. #471
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,488
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Why not both?

    Also why do you ask these dumb questions? Do you enjoy seeing threads spammed with me having to answer dumb questions?
    I don’t know... I want to see who your new character is... being a normies and all... I think it’s fun watching conman gloat...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    For the record, I wouldn't have my feelings too hurt if members of Meal Team Six and actual military got into a fight somehow.

    But all of this, "The cops are evil because they're not hurting enough people!" stuff is just weird. People are talking about tear gas and rubber bullets, but we already have one confirmed actual shooting. I don't know what people want other than more violence.
    They wanted the police to do their jobs and prevent the protestors from storming the building, instead of invoking a beauty and the beast song.

  13. #473
    Helllllllll yeah

    https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240

    I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office.

    I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.
    This is the kind of response we need right now. Take notes, Joe Biden.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I generally don't cause people to be angry and to come knocking at my door.

    I generally cause 15 people to come cheer at me at my door and give me flowers and kisses. Because I'm not a crony politician.

    And everyone clapped.
    You're a god at generalising though. So you ahve that going for you

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Helllllllll yeah

    https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240

    This is the kind of response we need right now. Take notes, Joe Biden.
    Not really going to go anywhere, though.

  16. #476
    Stood in the Fire Magicalcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Crabwarts
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "I don't think state violence used on peaceful protestors is anything to cheer for."

    I agree with that statement.

    That statement has no business being raised in this particular moment, in regards to this particular terrorist act of sedition.

    That's the problem with your post.

    Edit: If we get more information and it turns out this woman who was shot was shot by a member of the Capitol Police for no reason, sure, I'll agree that it was bad. But it's in the middle of a highly violent event where everyone involved is a law-breaking criminal, and she appears to have been shot in the middle of committing that crime, so I'm gonna err on the side of assuming the shooting, were it by an officer, was legitimate, absent that new information.
    The context of the post was in response to someone who was raising concerns about the cheers for violent action by law enforcement. And they brought up BLM as an example.
    I was prefacing my argument by saying how I don't approve of law enforcement violence against peaceful protesters.

    Given the context of the situation, and the entirety of my post, I didn't think I'd have to contextualise which situation I thought was violent and which one I thought was non-violent. Feel free to ask for additional context next time instead of throwing labels around, yes?
    It's not super helpful for discourse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Play stupid games by trying to force entry to the Senate floor, with a barricaded door and armed guards behind it, win stupid prizes.

    I approve of the use of force for traitors attempting to stage a Bud-Lite coup.
    I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal who thinks there's a wide spectrum of force that can be applied in a given situation. I think people are too quick to use their guns most of the time.
    That said, I don't know the circumstances of the shooting. News are still breaking. Like Endus already mentioned, my opinion is also subject to change as more information pours in.

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not really going to go anywhere, though.
    Probably not but painting this situation as just a few bad apples in the Republican party is definitely not going to go anywhere either, though.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal who thinks there's a wide spectrum of force that can be applied in a given situation. I think people are too quick to use their guns most of the time.
    Did you see the pictures?

    They literally had desks and chairs barricading the doors to prevent people from entering and people were trying to break through the glass to force entry.

    What exactly should they have done when violent insurrectionists try to take the Capitol building?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    That said, I don't know the circumstances of the shooting.
    Then check it out before discussing it?

  19. #479
    Just posting more examples of cops not doing a damn thing about this and enabling them

    https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/sta...24232828092418


  20. #480
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Helllllllll yeah

    https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240



    This is the kind of response we need right now. Take notes, Joe Biden.
    I never though I would be happy with somebody named Bush, yet here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •