1. #5001
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Bodakane good for you. Nobody else agrees with your line of thinking and your arguments have yet to be persuasive. Can we move on to discussing reality instead of hypothetical situations you dreamed up so you could get angry?
    lol. You can do whatever the fuck you want. I've made a very persuasive argument. Its just not enough to convince people who are fine potentially letting Trump off again, due to procedure and politics, because....reasons.

    Then again, if you're applying the same logic to your argument that you applied to continuing a discussion you want to stop, then...I guess the best I could say is....the deck was stacked against reason from the get go.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  2. #5002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. You can do whatever the fuck you want. I've made a very persuasive argument. Its just not enough to convince people who are fine potentially letting Trump off again, due to procedure and politics, because....reasons.

    Then again, if you're applying the same logic to your argument that you applied to continuing a discussion you want to stop, then...I guess the best I could say is....the deck was stacked against reason from the get go.
    My argument is that if Garland doesn’t pursue a case he’s got a damn good reason not to. And since we’re no where near what your hypothetical is bringing up why even bring it up?

  3. #5003
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I called your comparison dumb BEFORE you posted that.
    You called it dumb because you didn't understand it. Simple as that. The later posts were just explaining your lack of critical thinking.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You haven't recovered from that
    You're right, I sure haven't recovered from your inability to grasp basic concepts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    you've basically started every response back to me addressing the fact I called it dumb requiring me to keep explaining why I called it dumb when I did.
    When your response is simply "This is dumb!" then you're going to get called out on it. Then your "explanations" were still just wrong, so...


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    after you posted that article you then admitted there are times its ok for a POTUS to interfere with the AG and I've since been trying o get you to define what that benchmark is.
    RRRRRrrrrrrr! Full stop. Wrong. I never said it was okay for POTUS to pressure the AG. I said that in limited situations, it was okay for POTUS to fire the AG after the fact, and I very specifically delineated that distinction for you. I can't say that I'm surprised, however, that you're making shit up about my argument again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Bull and shit. You started telling me that its never ok for a POTUS to interfere with an AG. Then you admitted he/she could interfere if the AG didn't do his job or indeterminate amount of time. Then you you said he should also interfere if the AG was breaking the law. That is, as we say, in Logic Town, not consistent.
    Except that it is, and you just can't read. I think I already said it quite succinctly:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    But firing him after the fact for gross dereliction of duty and pressuring him beforehand to force an outcome are two very fucking separate things.
    Maybe you'll bother to read it and actually comprehend the distinction this time. Not holding my breath, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It is really hard to follow your consistency...

    *rambling, incoherent snip*
    Yes, we know. You continue to struggle to grasp the difference between "firing after" and "pressure during". It should be embarrassing to you that you keep bringing up your ignorance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    are you saying......I shouldn't;t compare something illegal to something legal to illustrate the legal thing is wrong or not??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Except, and I can't believe I have to even say this, but there was no comparison made in what I said. I was describing two very different, separate scenarios. And let's be clear, here. There's nothing wrong with making a comparison between things that are different in some ways, as long as the comparison is made in regards to other similar aspects and the differences don't come into play. I, like, literally don't understand what you think your "gotcha" is supposed to be, here.

    And really, in both situations, you'd be wrong, so there are still some definite similarities to be found. I was just trying to find a way for your wrongness to be more forgivable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. You can do whatever the fuck you want. I've made a very persuasive argument.
    I mean, it's hilarious that you think that when nobody here has posted in support of your argument and some 6-8 people have posted against it.

    Doesn't really make the case for the argument being very persuasive, in point of fact.

    This whole argument is honestly a waste of time at this point. Feel free to continue being wrong.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #5004
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. You can do whatever the fuck you want. I've made a very persuasive argument. Its just not enough to convince people who are fine potentially letting Trump off again, due to procedure and politics, because....reasons.
    Your illogical leaps are adorable. I love that you think the first thing I've underlined is linked to the second thing. You literally just make shit up in your head, and then double down when confronted, because you are completely incapable of every admitting when you're wrong.

    Like you are now.

    Several people have pointed out your illogical conclusions, and provided literal evidence of you being as wrong as possible when guessing about future acts, and you're just doing your usual head-in-the-sand never wrong routine. Which, as always, is entertaining.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-08-05 at 07:50 AM.

  5. #5005
    I think there has to be consequences for Trump, the shit that happened just yesterday with the DoJ alone, like this shit can't just be let go with nothing. I don't know why Biden somehow has to be involved though, like it's some requirement, because he doesn't.

    edit - now that I think of it, it doesn't even matter if Biden is involved or not, there won't be any way to prove or disprove it, and also Trump will just claim Biden is involved anyways. So, getting upset about this, is fruitless.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-08-05 at 08:24 AM.

  6. #5006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol. You can do whatever the fuck you want. I've made a very persuasive argument. Its just not enough to convince people who are fine potentially letting Trump off again, due to procedure and politics, because....reasons. .
    Congrats to you for knowing something that the DoJ doesn't. Maybe you should let them know. I guarantee you'll be famous for being so much smarter than them...and everybody else. And when Trump and co. go to prison we'll all say we were wrong and bask in the glow of your earlier posts.

  7. #5007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My argument is that if Garland doesn’t pursue a case he’s got a damn good reason not to. And since we’re no where near what your hypothetical is bringing up why even bring it up?
    My argument is that if there's sufficient evidence to prosecute, then there's no good reason not to. Politics > Justice, is a major, major, major problem in this country.

    As far as this still being a discussion, I made a one off about it. @cubby, lost his shit, like he tends to do when a person isn't actively felating Biden. So it just snowballed from there with people, like you, jumping in and continuing the argument.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  8. #5008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    My argument is that if there's sufficient evidence to prosecute, then there's no good reason not to. Politics > Justice, is a major, major, major problem in this country.

    As far as this still being a discussion, I made a one off about it. @cubby, lost his shit, like he tends to do when a person isn't actively felating Biden. So it just snowballed from there with people, like you, jumping in and continuing the argument.
    I know what you’re saying and it’s very naive. As has been pointed out by multiple people. So, got anything real to discuss or do you wanna keep working on your fanfic?

  9. #5009
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You called it dumb because you didn't understand it. Simple as that. The later posts were just explaining your lack of critical thinking.



    You're right, I sure haven't recovered from your inability to grasp basic concepts.



    When your response is simply "This is dumb!" then you're going to get called out on it. Then your "explanations" were still just wrong, so...
    Ok, I've been trying to make this argument fun to read, but now you're annoying the piss out of me. So now I'm going to be serious and boring. This is your fault:

    Your comparison was dumb, because you were trying to make a point about the ends not justifying the means. I agree the ends don't justify the means. But for that comparison to work (or not be dumb, as it were) is if both parties in the discussion agree that the action being taken would be wrong normally. Planting evidence, is wrong for many reasons like it being a lie, damages the case, etc. POTUS using his given and legal power to pressure his AG to prosecute a case he already has sufficient evidence to, is not, in anyway, like planting evidence. Again, I wasn't arguing that Biden should force Garland to prosecute without evidence or to break any laws. If Garland has sufficient evidence to prosecute and he chooses not, it will be because of political reasons. Politics should never be more important than justice, especially in a case of this magnitude.


    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    RRRRRrrrrrrr! Full stop. Wrong. I never said it was okay for POTUS to pressure the AG. I said that in limited situations, it was okay for POTUS to fire the AG after the fact, and I very specifically delineated that distinction for you. I can't say that I'm surprised, however, that you're making shit up about my argument again.



    Maybe you'll bother to read it and actually comprehend the distinction this time. Not holding my breath, though.



    Yes, we know. You continue to struggle to grasp the difference between "firing after" and "pressure during". It should be embarrassing to you that you keep bringing up your ignorance.
    So, if I understand your "consistent" argument now, paraphrasing an example you did earlier.....

    If the AG, starts letting the insurrectionists off (let's say there were exactly a 100 of them), in spite of sufficient evidence, Biden should wait until all 100 are let off, instead of after, I dunno, the twentieth one, saying, "Hey do your job or you're fired". That's what you're arguing? That's the hill you're choosing to die on?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Except, and I can't believe I have to even say this, butthere was no comparison made in what I said. I was describing two very different, separate scenarios. And let's be clear, here. There's nothing wrong with making a comparison between things that are different in some ways, as long as the comparison is made in regards to other similar aspects and the differences don't come into play. I, like, literally don't understand what you think your "gotcha" is supposed to be, here.

    And really, in both situations, you'd be wrong, so there are still some definite similarities to be found. I was just trying to find a way for your wrongness to be more forgivable.
    The blue contradicts the red.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I mean, it's hilarious that you think that when nobody here has posted in support of your argument and some 6-8 people have posted against it.

    Doesn't really make the case for the argument being very persuasive, in point of fact.

    This whole argument is honestly a waste of time at this point. Feel free to continue being wrong.
    So now a point is only valid if 6-8 people on a message board agree?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Your illogical leaps are adorable. I love that you think the first thing I've underlined is linked to the second thing. You literally just make shit up in your head, and then double down when confronted, because you are completely incapable of every admitting when you're wrong.

    Like you are now.

    Several people have pointed out your illogical conclusions, and provided literal evidence of you being as wrong as possible when guessing about future acts, and you're just doing your usual head-in-the-sand never wrong routine. Which, as always, is entertaining.
    I didn't make anything up.
    You haven't proven anything wrong.
    You don't even understand my argument.
    No evidence has been provided by anyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Congrats to you for knowing something that the DoJ doesn't. Maybe you should let them know. I guarantee you'll be famous for being so much smarter than them...and everybody else. And when Trump and co. go to prison we'll all say we were wrong and bask in the glow of your earlier posts.
    I never implied anything of the sort.

    If Garland does go after Trump, conviction or not, I'll gladly say my hypothetical didn't come true.

    I wonder though, if we go through a repeat of the Mueller Investigation, in which real evidence was uncovered of real crime, and all we get is something toothless as the Mueller Report which lead to precisely zero justice being served, will all of you come back here and say you were wrong? Will all you complain again that political procedural bullshit hampered justice with Trump yet again?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I know what you’re saying and it’s very naive. As has been pointed out by multiple people. So, got anything real to discuss or do you wanna keep working on your fanfic?
    lol, me saying that politics are likely going to prevent justice, is being naive?

    One more time, you cannot keep bitching about this argument continuing while participating in continuing this argument, without coming across poorly.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-08-05 at 01:38 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  10. #5010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Ok, I've been trying to make this argument fun to read, but now you're annoying the piss out of me. So now I'm going to be serious and boring. This is your fault:

    Your comparison was dumb, because you were trying to make a point about the ends not justifying the means. I agree the ends don't justify the means. But for that comparison to work (or not be dumb, as it were) is if both parties in the discussion agree that the action being taken would be wrong normally. Planting evidence, is wrong for many reasons like it being a lie, damages the case, etc. POTUS using his given and legal power to pressure his AG to prosecute a case he already has sufficient evidence to, is not, in anyway, like planting evidence. Again, I wasn't arguing that Biden should force Garland to prosecute without evidence or to break any laws. If Garland has sufficient evidence to prosecute and he chooses not, it will be because of political reasons. Politics should never be more important than justice, especially in a case of this magnitude.




    So, if I understand your "consistent" argument now, paraphrasing an example you did earlier.....

    If the AG, starts letting the insurrectionists off (let's say there were exactly a 100 of them), in spite of sufficient evidence, Biden should wait until all 100 are let off, instead of after, I dunno, the twentieth one, saying, "Hey do your job or you're fired". That's what you're arguing? That's the hill you're choosing to die on?



    The blue contradicts the red.



    So now a point is only valid if 6-8 people on a message board agree?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I didn't make anything up.
    You haven't proven anything wrong.
    You don't even understand my argument.
    No evidence has been provided by anyone.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I never implied anything of the sort.

    If Garland does go after Trump, conviction or not, I'll gladly say my hypothetical didn't come true.

    I wonder though, if we go through a repeat of the Mueller Investigation, in which real evidence was uncovered of real crime, and all we get is something toothless as the Mueller Report which lead to precisely zero justice being served, will all of you come back here and say you were wrong? Will all you complain again that political procedural bullshit hampered justice with Trump yet again?

    - - - Updated - - -



    lol, me saying that politics are likely going to prevent justice, is being naive?

    One more time, you cannot keep bitching about this argument continuing while participating in continuing this argument, without coming across poorly.
    You inventing a scenario in which they do and then claiming it’s a certainty, which you’re currently doing, is naive. Claiming prosecution is justice is naive. Thinking there’s going to be definitive evidence of Trump’s guilt is naive. Thinking that IF that evidence comes to light it’ll be ignored is pure speculation. Asking for politics to influence this imaginary situation is hypocritical. Now, I’m gonna ignore you because your fanfic isn’t entertaining.

  11. #5011
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You inventing a scenario in which they do and then claiming it’s a certainty, which you’re currently doing, is naive. Claiming prosecution is justice is naive. Thinking there’s going to be definitive evidence of Trump’s guilt is naive. Thinking that IF that evidence comes to light it’ll be ignored is pure speculation. Asking for politics to influence this imaginary situation is hypocritical. Now, I’m gonna ignore you because your fanfic isn’t entertaining.
    I didn't claim it was certainty. I said it was likely.

    I didn't claim prosecution is justice. I said justice is more important than politics. In the case being discussed, you can't have justice without trying to prosecute, and in that hypothetical, if you don't prosecute it will because of politics.

    I never said nor implied there was definitive evidence of Trump's guilt. I said if there is definitive guilt. I've literally repeatedly qualified that this is a "if situation"/hypothetical. Your inability to pay attention to the conversation doesn't make me naive.

    Based on your bullshit recollection of what I've been saying, it seems you've been ignoring me the whole time anyway.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  12. #5012
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,614
    The hallmark of a shitty forum poster is one who cannot remember their own point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I didn't claim it was certainty. I said it was likely.
    Except...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I'm telling you that the WH will interfere whether you want them to or not. And since they will, that means if the evidence is there but they do nothing it will be because of Biden.
    Whoops....
    So now you're not only a walking hilarity, but you're a fucking liar, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    My argument is that if there's sufficient evidence to prosecute, then there's no good reason not to. Politics > Justice, is a major, major, major problem in this country.

    As far as this still being a discussion, I made a one off about it. @cubby, lost his shit, like he tends to do when a person isn't actively felating Biden. So it just snowballed from there with people, like you, jumping in and continuing the argument.
    OMG you are just adorable. We all love your abandonment of reality when you're proven to be wrong over and over and over again - and now a documented liar. You never link any cites or evidence, you lie all the time, you move or outright ignore goalposts. You didn't even know what your original point was until I reminded you. You call people names and insult them like the child you are, and when faced with your own contradictory words, you abandon all reality and change the story. Several people, actually everyone who still enjoys the hilarity of "debating" you in this thread, have pointed out over and over and over and over again how wrong you've been since the beginning of your ridiculous diatribe into your *feels* position, and you just truck along, ignoring reality and embracing your unfounded and ridiculous opinion.

    But please, go on about how I "lost my shit" during this conversation - it's fucking hysterical. Just like all your other asinine posts.

  13. #5013
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The hallmark of a shitty forum poster is one who cannot remember their own point.

    Except...

    Whoops....
    So now you're not only a walking hilarity, but you're a fucking liar, too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    OMG you are just adorable. We all love your abandonment of reality when you're proven to be wrong over and over and over again - and now a documented liar. You never link any cites or evidence, you lie all the time, you move or outright ignore goalposts. You didn't even know what your original point was until I reminded you. You call people names and insult them like the child you are, and when faced with your own contradictory words, you abandon all reality and change the story. Several people, actually everyone who still enjoys the hilarity of "debating" you in this thread, have pointed out over and over and over and over again how wrong you've been since the beginning of your ridiculous diatribe into your *feels* position, and you just truck along, ignoring reality and embracing your unfounded and ridiculous opinion.

    But please, go on about how I "lost my shit" during this conversation - it's fucking hysterical. Just like all your other asinine posts.
    No one on this site is more impotent at the "gotcha" than you. You keep rattling on and on and on about points you didn't score with proof you didn't provide and lies that weren't told.

    I said the quote in the context of the hypothetical that started this whole thing. Jesus, cubby you got serious serious serious fucking problems. Do I need to make a fucking disclaimer in every post of a single fucking argument to remind you it was a hypothetical? I guess so.

    You did lose your shit. Someone spoke negatively of Biden, and you jumped in like Orlong used to for Trump. And why? Because I have the utter audacity to not want a repeat of the impotent Mueller Report and finally have Trump brought to justice.

    Fine, if* it happens and they don't prosecute, I hope you'll be happy. Enjoy a world where Trump gets off scot free, Biden and Garland do nothing to help bring justice and you can sit there in utter disbelief as Republicans get WORSE in 2024 and the country moves more and more towards facsim, because there's no consequences, thanks to people like you, and your petty bullshit with your raging hard ons for procedure and politics. We live in the timeline you fucking deserve.

    And for fuck's sake, the argument was finally dead and you just add to come in stirring shit, because you're THAT fucking guy.

    *Disclaimer: The word "if" does not denote an affirmative.
    **Disclaimer: This scenario mentioned in this sentence refers back to the word "if" from the previous sentence, which indicates the mentioned scenario is NOT guaranteed to happen.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  14. #5014
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No one on this site is more impotent at the "gotcha" than you. You keep rattling on and on and on about points you didn't score with proof you didn't provide and lies that weren't told.

    I said the quote in the context of the hypothetical that started this whole thing. Jesus, cubby you got serious serious serious fucking problems. Do I need to make a fucking disclaimer in every post of a single fucking argument to remind you it was a hypothetical? I guess so.

    You did lose your shit. Someone spoke negatively of Biden, and you jumped in like Orlong used to for Trump. And why? Because I have the utter audacity to not want a repeat of the impotent Mueller Report and finally have Trump brought to justice.

    Fine, if* it happens and they don't prosecute, I hope you'll be happy. Enjoy a world where Trump gets off scot free, Biden and Garland do nothing to help bring justice and you can sit there in utter disbelief as Republicans get WORSE in 2024 and the country moves more and more towards facsim, because there's no consequences, thanks to people like you, and your petty bullshit with your raging hard ons for procedure and politics. We live in the timeline you fucking deserve.

    And for fuck's sake, the argument was finally dead and you just add to come in stirring shit, because you're THAT fucking guy.

    *Disclaimer: The word "if" does not denote an affirmative.
    **Disclaimer: This scenario mentioned in this sentence refers back to the word "if" from the previous sentence, which indicates the mentioned scenario is NOT guaranteed to happen.
    Ladies and gentleman, the voice and reply of an adolescent mind who lacks any ability to admit they are wrong. Even after being revealed to be an objective liar.

    We showed you were wrong with both analysis and evidence.
    We showed you were lying using your own words against you.
    We showed you were incapable of intelligent analysis and instead resorted to personal attacks and adolescent name calling.
    We showed you were incapable of admitting you were wrong, even after demonstrably showing you to be wrong, multiple times, on multiple subjects.

    Thanks for the hilarity - and keep going with your irrelevant and incorrect diatribe into something you already admitted to being wrong and then lied about. The rest of us will move on with the adult conversation.

    You keep being you, Boda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    And for fuck's sake, the argument was finally dead and you just add to come in stirring shit, because you're THAT fucking guy.
    Then prove us all wrong, and let it go here. Right now.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-08-06 at 01:25 AM.

  15. #5015
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,024
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, the voice and reply of an adolescent mind who lacks any ability to admit they are wrong. Even after being revealed to be an objective liar.

    Thanks for the hilarity - and keep going with your irrelevant and incorrect diatribe into something you already admitted to being wrong and then lied about. The rest of us will move on with the adult conversation.

    You keep being you, Boda.
    Honestly, the guy's not worth arguing with, because he just keeps making shit up, ad nauseam; he's Don Quixote, tilting as strawmen. The outright lies and utter fabrications are just staggering, but at least we can rest assured that nobody is going to take him seriously.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  16. #5016
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, the voice and reply of an adolescent mind who lacks any ability to admit they are wrong. Even after being revealed to be an objective liar.

    We showed you were wrong with both analysis and evidence.
    We showed you were lying using your own words against you.
    We showed you were incapable of intelligent analysis and instead resorted to personal attacks and name calling.
    We showed you were incapable of admitting you were wrong, even after demonstrably showing you to be wrong, multiple times, on multiple subjects.

    Thanks for the hilarity - and keep going with your irrelevant and incorrect diatribe into something you already admitted to being wrong and then lied about. The rest of us will move on with the adult conversation.

    You keep being you, Boda.


    Then prove us all wrong, and let it go here. Right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Honestly, the guy's not worth arguing with, because he just keeps making shit up, ad nauseam; he's Don Quixote, tilting as strawmen. The outright lies and utter fabrications are just staggering, but at least we can rest assured that nobody is going to take him seriously.
    Literally none of that happened. Not one bit of it. Get help.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2021-08-06 at 01:28 AM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  17. #5017
    Huh, well that's going to be fun. Another "peaceful protect" will be heading to Washington D.C. next month to protest the arrest and prosecution of January 6th insurrectionist. Fun. I wonder how things will pan out this time.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b05f8157079a71

  18. #5018
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,220
    Tone it down and get back on track.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  19. #5019
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    33,614
    This is worth the read - it is exceedingly comprehensive.

    An amazing timeline put together by a group of reporters piecing together the various investigative efforts from state and federal prosecutors regarding Trump's attempts to overthrow the government.
    Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has said the criminal investigation includes potential “solicitation of election fraud, the making of false statements to state and local governmental bodies, conspiracy, racketeering, violation of oath of office and any involvement in violence or threats related to the election’s administration.”
    The article documents and incredibly detailed timeline starting on Nov 3 until the past week, going through each event, from various parties, documenting Trump's literally felonious behavior. It is very much worth the read.

    It's looking more and more like Trump and his cronies will be facing some kind of charges - either federal or state (Georgia). If I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be state (Georgia). There is no universe in which the DoJ isn't cooperating with Georgia state and local prosecutors and investigators.

  20. #5020
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Huh, well that's going to be fun. Another "peaceful protect" will be heading to Washington D.C. next month to protest the arrest and prosecution of January 6th insurrectionist. Fun. I wonder how things will pan out this time.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-...b05f8157079a71
    Except there isn’t going to be a wannabe-dictator holding back the relevant law enforcement bodies this time around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •