The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    It's funny that this might actually get him laid, but not probably with the partner he had hoped!
    Prison rape is a movie meme. it doesn't happen like people think it does.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The GOP has already blocked any real immediate repercussions so might as go in unfiltered. That's if you believe trying to maintain a civil discourse. I personally do not think this is a situation that warrants any sort of political correctness. The participants were terrorists who sought to undermine the United States democratic process through violence and the threat of violence. They attacked and tortured police officers and assaulted the capital with the aid of a number of government officials. The punishment must be thorough, definitive, and swift. They must be called out for what they did and who they are.

Listen to the officers. They've been in actual warzones and many protests with armed/angry people. They've never witnessed something as violent, hateful, and deliberate as the Jan 6th attack.
    Oh I fully agree with you regarding Jan 6th. Well said, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...mpression=true

Why would Mo Brooks need to wear body armor while speaking with a crowd of peaceful patriots?
    Idk, but I love that he admitted under oath he was campaigning that day so the DoJ has said he’s on his own with the Swalwell lawsuit.

Trump loving, QAnon supporting ex-marine fled to Mexico, family says he loves America, as he runs to Mexico to flee charges of his taking part in the Insurrection on January 6th, as the family raises money on the Christian crowd funding site GiveSendGo. They are asking for $200,000 for his legal fees, but have gotten a grand total of $0 so far lol.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump loving, QAnon supporting ex-marine fled to Mexico, family says he loves America, as he runs to Mexico to flee charges of his taking part in the Insurrection on January 6th, as the family raises money on the Christian crowd funding site GiveSendGo. They are asking for $200,000 for his legal fees, but have gotten a grand total of $0 so far lol.
    We're not sending our best, we're not sending our brightest...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    We're not sending our best, we're not sending our brightest...
    And I always thought the drug dealers, rapists, and criminals coming to the US across the southern border was college students returning from Spring Break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Not sure if this counts as irony, but it is funny in a way. GETTR is getting flooded with ISIS sympathizers posting anti-western propaganda plus other jihadi stuff. Honestly, even The Onion couldn't come up with this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...BingNewsSearch

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/polit...iot/index.html

Yet another officer who responded to the January 6 attack has died from suicide. This just makes me want to punch that piece of shit who claimed 1/6 was like a normal tourist visit in the face even more.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Seems like this insanity from the US is infecting other places as well. We just had an arrest here in Australia of a man who had released a fabricated video that was meant to show the head of the Australian Federal Police calling for a military coup against the Australian government.

The whole thing was laughably implausible and amateurish but we have qanon nutters here as well. Luckily no political party has embraced them and they remain very fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/polit...iot/index.html

Yet another officer who responded to the January 6 attack has died from suicide. This just makes me want to punch that piece of shit who claimed 1/6 was like a normal tourist visit in the face even more.
    WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. GOING. ON. HERE.

Just going to add more, but this is incredibly bad news, in a number of separate and very unnerving categories.

This is the THIRD POLICE OFFICER TO COMMIT SUICIDE of those who were involved in the response to the capital insurrection terrorists.

Here is the story regarding the second office who committed suicide.

Why are police officers committing suicide?
    Why isn't this being covered much more thoroughly? (no, one front page article isn't enough).
    What in the holy fuck is going on here?
    Are these being investigated as potential homicides?

This is so disturbing on a number of levels. One? Tragic, but it happens. Three? Fucking NO.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Not sure if this counts as irony, but it is funny in a way. GETTR is getting flooded with ISIS sympathizers posting anti-western propaganda plus other jihadi stuff. Honestly, even The Onion couldn't come up with this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...BingNewsSearch
    Welp! It's their precious freedom of speech at work! One right-wing terror group hand-in-hand with the next.
    You cannot in good conscience worship God, the Son and the Holy Spirit if you also worship Mammon. Capitalism is inherently evil.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why are police officers committing suicide?
    I can't say for sure, but what I will say for sure is that when someone goes through a horrifying, traumatic event, and others (like the piece of shit congressman claiming it was a normal tourist visit) try to minimize the event or claim it didn't even happen, that doesn't help things.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I can't say for sure, but what I will say for sure is that when someone goes through a horrifying, traumatic event, and others (like the piece of shit congressman claiming it was a normal tourist visit) try to minimize the event or claim it didn't even happen, that doesn't help things.
    It also can't help that people have been posting "ACAB" everywhere the last year. Police officers already have the highest suicide rate of any profession.

I'm 100% against police brutality, and 100% think that police should be held to a higher standard and punished accordingly, but personally, I think anyone who pushes the "ACAB" mentality is just as much a part of the fucking problem and should honestly get fucked. If you put hatred out there, you're gonna get hatred back.

And yes, I'm fully aware that some of you reading this are a part of that.

I've had both good and bad experiences with law enforcement in my life, and I can separate the two. Until we all start treating people like people, shit's not going to ever get better.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Oh, no doubt. And the profession itself has one of the highest suicide rates already. But three? Nope - sorry, something seems fishy to me.

(and to be clear, what I'm questioning is whether there are extenuating circumstances for these suicides; not criticizing the police officers at all)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It also can't help that people have been posting "ACAB" everywhere the last year. Police officers already have the highest suicide rate of any profession.

I'm 100% against police brutality, and 100% think that police should be held to a higher standard and punished accordingly, but personally, I think anyone who pushes the "ACAB" mentality is just as much a part of the fucking problem and should honestly get fucked. If you put hatred out there, you're gonna get hatred back.

And yes, I'm fully aware that some of you reading this are a part of that.

I've had both good and bad experiences with law enforcement in my life, and I can separate the two. Until we all start treating people like people, shit's not going to ever get better.
    Here's the root problem;

There's corruption in many (most) (all?) departments. Cases of abuse that got little punishment, or even rewarded. Rampant racism. And so on. That's just an objective truth at this point. Maybe some small department in the middle of nowhere can claim they're free and clear and back that up, but pretty much any big city in the USA? Not really. And that's endemic because it's predicated on a police culture that's trained into officers deliberately, from the beginning, and enough bad officers were involved that those bad assumptions have become training standards.

Now, I'm sure people can point to an officer and say "he's a good cop, though". But are they? They're part of that system. Their colleagues are abusing their authority, and getting away with it. Every moment they side with them and don't do everything they can to see those offending officers drummed out of the force and prosecuted criminally for their conduct, they're complicit in the abuse. It's like the Church leadership who knows Father X is fucking altar boys, so they move him to new parishes when scandals start piling up; I don't care if THEY aren't fucking children, they're complicit in protecting Father X and ensuring he can victimize more people. They are not innocents.

I don't expect some beat cop to be responsible for taking down the system, or something. I do expect them talk to their leadership, and if their leadership doesn't take action to remove an officer, to take their account to the press. Yes, it'll get them fired. No, I don't care. Anything short of that is complicity. Maybe it's because they're scared of backlash, maybe it's because they need the pay. They're still complicit.

This is the core of "one bad apple spoils the bunch". Once you find that one bad apple, you have to get rid of the rest of the apples. They're all contaminated. You don't give the rest a glance and say they "look fine" and put them in with new apples.

I'm not full-on ACAB, I'm not gonna spit on officers or some stupid shit. My cousin's a cop. But I'm also in Canada, where this isn't as extreme as it is in the USA (not perfect, don't @ me to crap on Canada out of nowhere people). I'm not even arguing all cops should be barred from ever serving again.

But I would support firing every single officer in any given department, getting new leadership established with an eye to aggressively combating these issues, and only then looking to re-hire, and giving ex-officers' records strong scrutiny before hiring them back. If you're worried about the interim period, do this at the training centers first, then stage officers into 3 or more groups by some random methodology, and give them specific times when their careers will be ending, say at 6 month or 1 year intervals. New PD in three years.

These Capitol officers are being shat on unfairly. By the people they're supposed to be protecting, which is egregious. It's abominable, and nothing about should be seen as defending it. There's a big whopping difference between attacking these men personally for their character and actions, when both were laudable, and acknowledging that policing in the USA in general has very deeply ingrained flaws and the only long-term solution may be to wipe the slate clean and start from square 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oh, no doubt. And the profession itself has one of the highest suicide rates already. But three? Nope - sorry, something seems fishy to me.

(and to be clear, what I'm questioning is whether there are extenuating circumstances for these suicides; not criticizing the police officers at all)
    I'm suspecting they're getting death threats and such.

Frankly, we should treat that like we did the girl who encouraged her boyfriend to kill himself, which he did. She was convicted of involuntary manslaughter. Identify and track down the fuckers harassing these officers, and charge all of them with involuntary manslaughter if their conspiracy of harassment and abuse led to the officer's suicide.

Fuck 'em. There needs to be goddamned consequences for shit like this, or it's never gonna stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's the root problem...
    I honestly don't give a single shit what you or anyone else thinks your justification is. You can hate the system without calling everyone in the system a bastard.

You are a part of the problem if you can't be bothered to separate the two.

"Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love... Our aim must never be to defeat or humiliate the white man, but to win his friendship and understanding. ...In fact, violence merely increases hate."
    -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Now I'm no pacifist: I have zero problems with going after the bad ones. And like I said earlier, I'm perfectly fine with holding the rest of them to a higher standard, because there are plenty of them that are enablers of the kind of systemic problems that are being faced. But calling them all bastards unilaterally? All you're doing is just enabling the enablers. Congratulations.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

This just makes me want to punch that piece of shit who claimed 1/6 was like a normal tourist visit in the face even more.
    I recommend against punching them. They're probably unvaccinated and punching them requires getting entirely too close to them.

My personal suggestion would be to use a Bohemian earspoon, if only because it's the polearm with the most amusing name.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Another police officer suicide....just hearing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Another police officer suicide....just hearing it now.
    PTSD combined with half of the county being crazy and not believing this event happened.... +some officers might also be receiving death threats from the "back the blue" magatards.

Fourth police officer who responded to Jan. 6 attack dies by suicide

The news comes on the same day that MPD officials confirmed a third police officer death by suicide in the wake of the riot. Earlier on Monday, it was reported that Gunther Hashida was found dead in his home Thursday.