1. #5701
    42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.

  2. #5702
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    the consequences to follow for those involved
    [insert Bender "laugh harder" video]

  3. #5703
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.
    They all knew. The whole "stolen election" has been bullshit since before it happened. Keep in mind that the GOP has been "the Party that Cried Wolf" when it comes to election fraud for a LOOOONG time now. Trump wasn't the first GOP president to have a commission on the issue, nor the first to have a commission that found diddly squat.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  4. #5704
    Wow, they are showing some of these videos, some that I have never seen, they showed that these Traitor Trump humping morons, walked by dozens of windows, to get to windows that weren't reinforced to break them. That throws out the narrative that they were simply just "let in" like some of them are claiming. I knew that was bullshit, but no one was let in til they were already overrun.

  5. #5705
    So Pence was acting president for a period of time, confirmed, 25th amendment invoked possibly, this is wild.

  6. #5706
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Pretty powerful opening here.

    And can Chuck Todd go away please.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  7. #5707
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Pretty powerful opening here.

    And can Chuck Todd go away please.
    You know, I would rather just have footage of the room instead of commentary. I personally don't need a recap that tells me what I just saw a few minutes ago. I know it is for people who didn't catch it from the start but I would love to just have the choice.

  8. #5708
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Been watching here.

    Thanks for the link, was about to go looking for one after work wrapped up. Been watching /r/politics which is my unofficial generalized newsfeed to keep up with the tidbits so far.

  9. #5709
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Been watching here.

    Ah, ok. I might have to pull that up instead of watching NBC news streaming channel.

  10. #5710
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    You know, I would rather just have footage of the room instead of commentary. I personally don't need a recap that tells me what I just saw a few minutes ago. I know it is for people who didn't catch it from the start but I would love to just have the choice.
    Yeah I thought this was just the hearing.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  11. #5711
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah I thought this was just the hearing.
    Yeah, if you get NBC news, you have to look at Chuck Todd and nobody wants that.

  12. #5712
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Been watching here.

    Thanks I just put on anything that showed the hearing didn’t anticipate a beak or that weasel to come on the tv.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Yeah, if you get NBC news, you have to look at Chuck Todd and nobody wants that.
    Lol honestly didn’t anticipate a break so I just flipped to who ever had it on first. I learned my lesson.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  13. #5713
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Glad I could help bring attention to PBS.
    Honestly, I should have went to them or CSPAN first. They usually have uninterrupted broadcasts. Thank you for reminding me of that.

  14. #5714
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    42 minutes in, and already, we are finding out things from people that have testified, including staunch Trump supporters, that EVERYTHING from November 7th, when Biden was declared winner, til Jan 6th, is nothing but planning to overthrow the fucking election.
    God I will have to try and check back about it later. Got kids at a free play arcade with karaoke so no chance of hearing anything and only 1 to 2 bars of signal here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  15. #5715
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    God I will have to try and check back about it later. Got kids at a free play arcade with karaoke so no chance of hearing anything and only 1 to 2 bars of signal here.
    The hardest part to watch is the footage of the riot.

  16. #5716
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Well that is a compelling couple of hours HOWEVER as someone biased and already certain of what information is being presented, I don't think my saying that means much. The Alt-Right Trump supported are absolutely not going to be convinced by anything Trump is guilty of trying to over throw the elections and encouraged violence.

    The question is going to be how was tonight going to impact people Undecided either way before to night and as we go for another 7 of these?
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  17. #5717
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well that is a compelling couple of hours HOWEVER as someone biased and already certain of what information is being presented, I don't think my saying that means much. The Alt-Right Trump supported are absolutely not going to be convinced by anything Trump is guilty of trying to over throw the elections and encouraged violence.

    The question is going to be how was tonight going to impact people Undecided either way before to night and as we go for another 7 of these?
    Depends on who those voters surround themselves with. If other open minded people, probably sway them away from voting from the fascist windbag. If they are around other diehard alt-right fascist Trump supporters(either due to working with them or other means), they might just abstain from voting or vote for him(for when he decides to run).

  18. #5718
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Depends on who those voters surround themselves with. If other open minded people, probably sway them away from voting from the fascist windbag. If they are around other diehard alt-right fascist Trump supporters(either due to working with them or other means), they might just abstain from voting or vote for him(for when he decides to run).

    Apt take but I really hope we find out because at this point that’s the only way to know what this will mean.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  19. #5719
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Depends on who those voters surround themselves with. If other open minded people, probably sway them away from voting from the fascist windbag. If they are around other diehard alt-right fascist Trump supporters(either due to working with them or other means), they might just abstain from voting or vote for him(for when he decides to run).
    While there are plenty who can be swayed, there are a good 25% who will not be swayed no matter what.

    I literally had a friend who mentally would shut down rather than process facts he disliked.

    Quite literally showed him a video of Trump outright confessing something only for him to go silent and nod waiting for the subject to pass rather than accept something he didn’t want to. Then a week later he was repeating the same stuff he was just proven wrong about.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  20. #5720
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    While there are plenty who can be swayed, there are a good 25% who will not be swayed no matter what.

    I literally had a friend who mentally would shut down rather than process facts he disliked.

    Quite literally showed him a video of Trump outright confessing something only for him to go silent and nod waiting for the subject to pass rather than accept something he didn’t want to. Then a week later he was repeating the same stuff he was just proven wrong about.
    Yeah, those people are the diehard alt-right Trump supporters. They most definitely will never be swayed. The undecided voters are the ones that need swayed. Biggest problem with swaying them isn't the facts or the video or anything of that nature. All they will look at is how much their groceries cost, how much gas is, how much they are paying for whatever is a necessity. They will look at the violence that is around them. They will vote based on that. If they are unhappy with some or all of those things and don't think critically(which is the vast majority of people), they will look at who is in charge and not vote for them again, regardless of how absolutely vile or disgusting the other person is. That is how Hitler came into power. That is how a quite a few fascist dictators come into power.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •