At this point there is more than enough evidence with even more to come. Anyone still supporting Trump also supports the destruction of the US.

There's no wiggle room on this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...06285.html?amp

Committee member Adam Schiff, a California Democrat, said during the hearing on Tuesday that “the Select Committee has received text messages indicating that Mark Meadows wanted to send some of the investigators in her office, in the words of one White House aide, ‘a s***load of POTUS stuff,’ including coins, actual autographed MAGA hats, etc”.

“White House staff intervened to make sure that didn’t happen,” Mr Schiff said.
    Seriously, when do we start throwing the people who tried to undermine US democracy in prison?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what the fuck is Garland doing with all this?

How the fuck has the DOJ not stepped in and forcefully removed literal, actual traitors from their cushy government positions. It's about high time these GOP shitfucks need to be put on trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    At this point there is more than enough evidence with even more to come. Anyone still supporting Trump also supports the destruction of the US.

There's no wiggle room on this.
    Their response is that 1) it’s all overblown nonsense made up by the democrats, 2) if it isn’t made up that you can’t pin it on trump, and that 3) even if you can he genuinely believed the election was stolen so that anything he did or others did for him was in the interest of democracy
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So what the fuck is Garland doing with all this?

How the fuck has the DOJ not stepped in and forcefully removed literal, actual traitors from their cushy government positions. It's about high time these GOP shitfucks need to be put on trial.
    DOJ investigations are separate, but Garland is getting transcripts from the committee. I'm equally frustrated he's done nothing but...there is some possible merit to the argument that the committee could investigate avenues the DOJ would have found very challenging to go down, allowing them to focus on their investigation with the expectation that information uncovered by this committee could be included in their investigation as additional evidence or give them a much easier time of pursuing new avenues.

We'll just have to see if the "long-game" that Democrats appear to be playing here pays off.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...e-upside-down/

Moss appeared before the Jan. 6 committee and fought back tears as she talked about how the harassment campaign against her upended her life in the weeks after the 2020 election.

“It’s turned my life upside down. I no longer give out my business card. I don’t transfer calls. I don’t want anyone knowing my name,” Moss testified at Tuesday’s hearing. “I don’t go anywhere with my mom. I don’t go to the grocery store at all. I haven’t been anywhere at all. I’ve gained about 60 pounds.”

“I don’t do nothing anymore. I don’t want to go anywhere. I second guess everything I do. It’s affected my life in a major way. In every way. All because of lies,” Moss continued.
    Shaye Freeman Moss, a GA election worker who was singled out with her mother, Ruby Freeman, by Rudy Giuliani over baseless claims that they were passing a USB-stick used to alter votes. It was a breath mint.

The abuse and harassment that she has faced since then is pretty vile and disgusting. And her mother as well -

Moss’s mother, Ruby Freeman, told the committee in private testimony aired Tuesday that her life had changed as well. She was conscious of using her full name and concerned about who might hear if she were out at the grocery store.

Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United States target you?” Freeman said in her deposition. “The president of the United States is supposed to represent every American, not to target one.
    Just another reminder of the real harm being caused by these anti-democratic, unhinged authoritarian nutters in the Republican party.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...uest?_amp=true

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel confirmed that former President Donald Trump was involved in lawyer John Eastman's fake elector scheme.

During a brief excerpt from her deposition played during the Jan. 6 committee hearing Tuesday, McDaniel explained that Trump called her and put her in touch with Eastman, who then engaged with the RNC about the scheme over the following months.

"He turned the call over to Mr. Eastman, who then proceeded to talk about the importance of the RNC helping the campaign gather these contingent electors in case any of these legal challenges that were ongoing changed the result of any of the states. I think more, just helping them reach out and assemble them," she said. "My understanding is the campaign did take the lead, and we just were helping them in that — in that role."
    Trump was involved directly. This comes from a very pro-Trump source.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Send authoritarian, anti-Democratic fucks like Ron Johnson to prison. Glad Pence's legal team was at least smart enough not to fuck with all this transparently illegal shit.
    If nothing else, its been a revealing contrast of republicans that kept to oath and law, and others that by any definition have betrayed both and should be considered traitors.

I searched Moss' name and have not seen the testimony but did Trump publicly out her in a tweet. I read Giuliani outed her and the crazy woman attorney I read. Plus Giuliani using analogy of passing USB or votes around like dealing coke to paraphrase is a nice race baiting touch. If memory serves me correct I remember Trump outing a public citizen. Maybe it was in Michigan, Detroit specifically.

Well, another of incredibly effin unbelievable for a sitting President, a former President or any politician to public out and accuse a US private citizen for intimidation and harm. Yet, this is normal now.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-06-21 at 09:39 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I searched Moss' name and have not seen the testimony but did Trump publicly out her in a tweet. I read Giuliani outed her and the crazy woman attorney I read. Plus Giuliani using analogy of passing USB or votes around like dealing coke to paraphrase is a nice race baiting touch. If memory serves me correct I remember Trump outing a public citizen. Maybe it was in Michigan, Detroit specifically.

Well, another of incredibly effin unbelievable for a sitting President, a former President or any politician to public out and accuse a US private citizen for intimidation and harm. Yet, this is normal now.
    https://www.reuters.com/investigates...reats-georgia/

Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, falsely claimed that video footage showed the women engaging in “surreptitious illegal activity” and acting suspiciously, like drug dealers “passing out dope.” In early January, Trump himself singled out Freeman, by name, 18 times in a now-famous call in which he pressed Georgia officials to alter the state’s results. He called the 62-year-old temp worker a “professional vote scammer,” a “hustler” and a “known political operative” who “stuffed the ballot boxes.”
    He complained to Raffensperger, and that call was made public. Which apparently, the harassment was pretty immediate and she was the victim (and her mother) of both online/telephone threats and even people showing up at her home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if these people committed "insurrection" too...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I wonder if these people committed "insurrection" too...
    Which one of them stormed the Capitol building as part of a riot? Can you give me some timestamps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one of them stormed the Capitol building as part of a riot? Can you give me some timestamps?
    insurrection
    noun
    an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/insurrection

There's enough here to make the argument successfully that Martin Sheen and his ilk could have been accused of insurrection.

There's enough here to make the argument successfully that Martin Sheen and his ilk could have been accused of insurrection.
    then do it, coward. stop posting on a gaming forum about it if you're so sure. I'm sure a Trump appointed Judge would love to hear it.

insurrection
    noun
    an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

You might have memory holed that bolded word.

Also, why do you hate freedom of speech and the First Amendment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, why do you hate freedom of speech and the First Amendment?
    That's interesting because I was wondering the same thing about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting because I was wondering the same thing about you.
    Invading federal property with the intent to murder those within, or telling people to do that, or colluding to break the law to overturn an election you know you lost are not examples of free speech.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

sip
    I'm really sorry to burst your bubble but I've said this ages ago.

This DoJ will absolutely not bring charges on any elected Republican. Neither for the January Coup nor for anything else for that matter.

There is no long game here.

Matt Gaetz is not going to prison not matter how many children he has sex with. Trump is untouchable and could murder and rape the corpse of someone on national TV and wouldn't be prosecuted.

Idiots like Bannon and Guiliani don't count. But even those are likely to walk.

The Democratic establishment in DC is absolutely useless. Nothing will come of these hearings. It's a waste of time.

Come November the GOP will take Congress and proceed to impeach Biden once every 2 weeks for everything from breathing to falling off his bycicle. There will be no future judicial appointments and they will use their legislative powers to neuter and defund the DoJ, the FBI, DHS and possibly even the DoD.

Like honestly. Do you guys live on the same planet I'm living on? I've said all this literally years ago, while everyone was fantasizing about how Garland is going to go get Gaetz, MTG etc.

Lol guys.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    insurrection
    noun

Why are you using the wrong definitional source for the term you're discussing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

This DoJ will absolutely not bring charges on any elected Republican. Neither for the January Coup nor for anything else for that matter.

Matt Gaetz is not going to prison not matter how many children he has sex with. Trump is untouchable and could murder and rape the corpse of someone on national TV and wouldn't be prosecuted.

The Democratic establishment in DC is absolutely useless. Nothing will come of these hearings. It's a waste of time.

Come November the GOP will take Congress and proceed to impeach Biden once every 2 weeks for everything from breathing to falling off his bycicle. There will be no future judicial appointments and they will use their legislative powers to neuter and defund the DoJ, the FBI, DHS and possibly even the DoD.

Like honestly. Do you guys live on the same planet I'm living on? I've said all this literally years ago, while everyone was fantasizing about how Garland is going to go get Gaetz, MTG etc.

Lol guys.
    We'll see - and don't worry, I share your pessimism for any kind of jail time falling on any GOP elected person.

That being said, the Jan 6 Committee hearing conclusions being held live is...interesting. It's almost like a precursor to charges being filed, with the goal of gaining more public support.

But yeah, when the GQP takes over the House in 2023, we're all in for the full circus - they will impeach Biden for anything and everything. I mean, Pence was just quoted as saying that the most dishonest president he's ever encountered is...Biden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Lol guys.
    /thread tbh

[QUOTE=Hammerfest;53812804]I wonder if these people committed "insurrection" too...

They did not. I could easily make the case how obvious they didn't but you believe the earth is flat so I'll just leave it at they did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    insurrection
    noun

No, there is not. Not by a wide chasm. The very idea that you'd even consider it demonstrates your intentional malice and intolerance. This is the same motivations that were behind the Night of the Long Knives. Literally the same attitude and motivation.

You knew yourself this was a bullshit argument. You just don't care. You want to silence critical voices, no matter how you achieve that goal. That's it.