https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-...or-trial-delay

Navarro tried to get his court date delayed because...he has a very important book tour to do!

Of course the court rejected this, but if this is a preview of his legal acumen before he acts as his own attorney in the case, this should be a wild ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/peter-...or-trial-delay

Navarro tried to get his court date delayed because...he has a very important book tour to do!

Of course the court rejected this, but if this is a preview of his legal acumen before he acts as his own attorney in the case, this should be a wild ride.
    On the subject of Navarro, he has plead Trumps Guilty, I mean, Not Guilty. Calls the Select Committee a "Kangaroo Committee".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...064424a0e1080c

Peter Navarro pleads not guilty to contempt of Congress charges

Former President Trump's trade adviser Peter Navarro pleaded not guilty Friday to two charges of contempt of Congress.

The charges against Navarro stem from his refusal to comply with a subpoena from the House select committee investigating the assault on the Capitol that took place on Jan. 6, 2021. The committee had asked Navarro to testify and provide documents related to the Trump administration's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

Judge Amit Mehta, who will oversee Navarro's criminal case, previously rejected Navarro's request to delay his arraignment. In a June 8 letter to the judge, Navarro, who only recently hired a lawyer after representing himself, wrote, "My very freedom here is at stake and I ask for the court's understanding that it will take time both to find the appropriate representation and time to develop an appropriate legal strategy."

The judge granted the Department of Justice's request for a protective order in the case to limit what evidence Navarro may release to the public.

"Immediately after his initial appearance, in front of the courthouse doors, the Defendant voluntarily made an almost 18-minute extrajudicial statement about the pending criminal case," according to a Justice Department filing.

Outside the courthouse after his arrest, Navarro addressed the press, calling the Jan. 6 House select committee a "kangaroo committee."

"They're essentially acting as judge, jury and executioner," he complained. "Their mission, their clear mission is to prevent Donald John Trump from running for president in 2024 and being elected for president."

But the committee has said it needs information related in part to Navarro's work on a post-election effort known as the "Green Bay Sweep," which aimed to reverse President Biden's victory over Trump.

During his initial appearance earlier this month, Navarro was visibly angry at the prosecutors, calling them "despicable" and alleging prosecutorial misconduct.

He has claimed investigators refused him an attorney, food and water, and "shackled" him in jail. CBS News confirmed Navarro was arrested at an unnamed airport gate before he was to board a flight to Nashville, an arrest he protested was unfair and unnecessary.

The Justice Department responded to his various accusations in a filing late last week, writing, "The Defendant has made numerous false statements in the press about his arrest — for example, that he was deprived of food and water. In fact, when he asked, he was offered food and water, took it, then asked if he wanted more."

Navarro recently sued the House committee and the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office ahead of his indictment, alleging the subpoena he received "pointedly ignored all claims of executive privilege and testimony immunity." He challenged the legality of the subpoena, claiming the select committee is "neither duly authorized nor properly constituted," and the subpoena and resolution finding him in contempt of Congress violated separation of powers. Navarro has said his criminal case should be delayed until the lawsuit is resolved.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...iot/index.html

Yes, one of the rioters was armed and has plead guilty to assaulting officers with a dangerous weapon.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    It's funny watching Trump unintentionally admit he surrounded himself with "weak" people.

"I didn't call him a wimp"
    "weak people"

Literally the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "I didn't call him a wimp"
    "weak people"

Literally the same thing.
    Once more of course even in Trump's word they are weak, cause they didn't follow through on the coup. I love the admission.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...iot/index.html

Yes, one of the rioters was armed and has plead guilty to assaulting officers with a dangerous weapon.
    This bit:

He later told investigators he fabricated the claim because he feared member of Antifa might find the gun and his name was "all over it."
    I feel like I need a diagram to explain the path his brain took in coming up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This bit:

I feel like I need a diagram to explain the path his brain took in coming up with this.
    I found it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-if-reelected/

Once again, Trump is dangling the potential of pardons for Jan. 6 rioters if he's re-elected.

Wonder why he didn't do them before he left office?

Its bullshit, he only got 14 days.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...ion/index.html

The rural New Mexico county is now certifying the results in a 2:1 vote, with Couy Griffen, who was just sentenced on Friday for his role in the Jan. 6 riot, being the lone "no" vote.

His reasoning?

[Griffin] called in to the meeting and said his "gut feeling and intuition" told him to oppose the move. He also railed against what he called the "overreach of the state government."
    Now I don't think "I have an odd feeling in my gut" is enough to satisfy any court of anything other than you maybe being a little nervous or queasy. Butterflies in your tummy, you know?

As to the latter...the "overreach of the state government" is also known as, "Forcing the county commissioners to do their jobs."

Delicate, sensitive poo-baby snowflakes who continue to live in a fictional reality of their own makings.

Once again, Trump is dangling the potential of pardons for Jan. 6 rioters if he's re-elected.

Honestly, I firmly believe that Trump was enough of a stupid fuckin' narcissist that he never believed for a hot second there was any real chance he'd lose the election. Or that he wouldn't be able to coup things to his satisfaction if he lost.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/polit...ion/index.html

The rural New Mexico county is now certifying the results in a 2:1 vote, with Couy Griffen, who was just sentenced on Friday for his role in the Jan. 6 riot, being the lone "no" vote.

His reasoning?

Now I don't think "I have an odd feeling in my gut" is enough to satisfy any court of anything other than you maybe being a little nervous or queasy. Butterflies in your tummy, you know?

As to the latter...the "overreach of the state government" is also known as, "Forcing the county commissioners to do their jobs."

Delicate, sensitive poo-baby snowflakes who continue to live in a fictional reality of their own makings.
    Nothing like someone that believes in "states rights" suddenly bitches about their "overreach" when it something happens they don't like.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Nothing like someone that believes in "states rights" suddenly bitches about their "overreach" when it something happens they don't like.
    "We're for County Rights!"

"We're for City Rights!"

"We're for Individual Rights!"

"The government has been abolished because WE ARE ALL OUR OWN MASTERS NOW!"

Phew, that was a trip.

Erm, not an expert on US law, but wouldn't telling people if they vote for him he will pardon them for crimes committed be classified as bribery?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Erm, not an expert on US law, but wouldn't telling people if they vote for him he will pardon them for crimes committed be classified as bribery?
    Nope. He didn't promise anything. He just said he'd look very seriously.

Guessing this has been asked before but why haven't they forced Trump or Pence to testify?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Guessing this has been asked before but why haven't they forced Trump or Pence to testify?
    Because that would be unpresidented!! Probably don't want to turn it into a circus, and they know that he's fight it tooth and nail to the bitter end. Probably wouldn't happen before the midterms, and the committee would get dissolved by then anyway.
    Pence isn't super necessary, since they got all his aids that were by his side the whole time to testify.