Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I thought the democrats had a chance in WY...but our best bet is Cheney.
    If she's interested in the future of our democracy, she'll run as a write in after she loses the GOP primary to attempt to split the vote.

Edit: I'd be interested to see if cheney still holds that position. If that article came out a month ago, a lot has changed since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If I thought the democrats had a chance in WY
    They do. Trump would need to pit someone against Cheney and split the vote.

Also, just for those people still claiming "peaceful tour group": the Oath Keepers brought "military ordinance grenades" to the murderous insurrection. He also had some illegal guns, from the minimal context I'm guessing sawed-offs, but he left those at home. Man, isn't that always the way? You go to a murderous insurrection, and That Guy is always "Man, I thought you were bringing the sawed-off shotguns! Oh well, there's enough grenades for everyone."

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...L3MEMJPA6TVL4/

Graham ordered to testify to a GA special grand jury looking into election tempering.

Graham will likely continue to fight this in any way he can, but current date for his testimony is Aug. 2.

So let's talk about Steven Bannon. In the words of Breccia, he's fucked.

The DoJ just filed a motion preventing him from submitting evidence that agreeing to sit before the committee qualifies as cooperation. They point out he still hasn't submitted any of the documents they've requested, that the timing of his agreement strongly suggests that he's only doing it as an absolute last resort to weasel out of the consequences of his actions, and that his Trump-paid lawyer grossly misstated the underlying facts of his delaying tactics to the court. They also point out that "the criminal contempt statute is not intended to procure compliance: it is intended to punish past noncompliance."

Steve Bannon must go to court next week. He must go directly to court. He cannot pass Go, he cannot collect $200, he cannot subpoena Nancy Pelosi, and the judge is abso-fucking-lutely done with his bullshit.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/polit...ing/index.html

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne gonna be having a chat with the committee next. I remember him coming up quite a bit but throughout discussion of the big lie shit, but this might the first time I've actually seen what he looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/polit...ing/index.html

Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne gonna be having a chat with the committee next. I remember him coming up quite a bit but throughout discussion of the big lie shit, but this might the first time I've actually seen what he looks like.
    Think of a slimmer Bannon without the "I just slept under a bridge" look.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Think of a slimmer Bannon without the "I just slept under a bridge" look.
    I legit almost typed out that he seemed like a slightly less gross version of Bannon that didn't spend most nights getting blackout drunk off scotch, then assumed it was just my tired brain seeing things. It's comforting knowing I didn't just make that similarity up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my take so far as of 07/12/22.

I am still holding my convictions on this until after this is over which I thought was going to happen by now, so here it goes.

When it comes to Trump, I think ill have a new found appreciation for him, but not for the reasons it may seem. Up until this point I always viewed Trump as a moronic loud mouth coward willing to use anybody and everybody for gain.

But NOW if the recent testimony is found to be true, despite whatever other evidence is yet to come. The face he attacked a Secret Service agent, then that is a lot more than I would have expected, because it means A, He is willing to go down with the ship OR B, He DID not anticipate an insurrection or violence. I could be wrong but that is what I am seeing so far.

As for the witnesses, honestly so far as someone who Hates Trump with a passion, all these people went along with this bullshit, and did NOTHING while it was happening, actually bothers me a lot more than anything Trump did.

I also don't find most of them credible, Not on their face and without corroborating evidence. And even with evidence it says these people would sit quietly and allow for the worst things to happen, there for there is NO reason to believe they wouldn't do it again and lie to save their own asses or make things up for the committee.

Don't get me wrong as I said I HATE Trump and his supporters, but when looking at a case I have to always keep in mind the argument for the position I am against and view it from that perspective.

It will be interesting to see what the DOJ does after this,
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

https://wreg.com/news/nation-and-wor...s-says-cheney/

Former President Trump tried to call a witness expected to appear at a future hearing for the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said Tuesday, raising further questions about potential witness tampering.

After our last hearing, President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation. A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings,” Cheney said at the conclusion of Tuesday’s hearing. “That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump’s call, and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us, and this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice.”

“We will take any effort to influence witness testimony very seriously,” Cheney added.
    WIT-NES TAM-PER-ING

Sing it with me, now!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    But NOW if the recent testimony is found to be true, despite whatever other evidence is yet to come. The face he attacked a Secret Service agent, then that is a lot more than I would have expected, because it means A, He is willing to go down with the ship OR B, He DID not anticipate an insurrection or violence. I could be wrong but that is what I am seeing so far.
    Or C

Trump knew the secret service wouldn’t touch him because of his title and in his deluded mental image of himself he knew it would work at which point it wouldn’t matter that he used violence to kill his opposition and take control because he was in control and the GOP would continue to protect him.

Remember, he sees himself as the best at everything, untouchable and incapable of losing.

Edit: And even if he failed, the GOP would continue to protect him as a huge portion of it were complicit with him in it and he was correct on this part.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-07-12 at 08:37 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Remember, he sees himself as the best at everything, untouchable and incapable of losing.

He's the best at walking down gentle declines.

This song has no reason to slap as hard as it does, because god-damn it slaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or C

Trump knew the secret service wouldn’t touch him because of his title and in his deluded mental image of himself he knew it would work at which point it wouldn’t matter that he used violence to kill his opposition and take control because he was in control and the GOP would continue to protect him.

Edit: And even if he failed, the GOP would continue to protect him as a huge portion of it were complicit with him in it and he was correct on this part.
    Honestly, that whole "attacked the Secret Service driver" story strikes me way more as being a Trump who's so completely convinced he's the Second Coming and he's gonna tear down the government with his awesome presence and a mere human peasant dared to tell him "no" when he issued a godly demand. So he tried to (ineffectually) smite the inferior upstart with his lordly might and tiny hands.

I fully believe he felt he'd show up and the crowd would lift Trump up on their shoulders and they'd be welcomed into the Capitol where he could kick Pelosi's teeth in for reals as he was declared God-Emperor for Eternity and overturn whatever silly "election" the pathetic peasants of America had deluded themselves into believing.

I think he's literally that completely divorced from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, that whole "attacked the Secret Service driver" story strikes me way more as being a Trump who's so completely convinced he's the Second Coming and he's gonna tear down the government with his awesome presence and a mere human peasant dared to tell him "no" when he issued a godly demand. So he tried to (ineffectually) smite the inferior upstart with his lordly might and tiny hands.

I fully believe he felt he'd show up and the crowd would lift Trump up on their shoulders and they'd be welcomed into the Capitol where he could kick Pelosi's teeth in for reals as he was declared God-Emperor for Eternity and overturn whatever silly "election" the pathetic peasants of America had deluded themselves into believing.

I think he's literally that completely divorced from reality.
    Considering how divorced from reality his supporters are just from the ones I have dealt with in real life with some literally having told me that god put him there, I can definitely see him as being just that given his "Too Rich to Fail" upbringing.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Here is my take so far as of 07/12/22.

I am still holding my convictions on this until after this is over which I thought was going to happen by now, so here it goes.

When it comes to Trump, I think ill have a new found appreciation for him, but not for the reasons it may seem. Up until this point I always viewed Trump as a moronic loud mouth coward willing to use anybody and everybody for gain.

I think you're reading too much into this. He's a power hungry man child who was told he couldn't do a thing by someone he thought he could control and threw a temper tantrum because they actually didn't let him do it.

Think, 5 year old screaming at their parents that that "I.WANT.ICE.CREAM!!!!" and then not getting it so they run up and ineffectually attack the parent who isn't getting it for them. All while thinking there won't be consequences for any of their behavior.

Going down with the ship....that would mean he expected to fail. That mentality doesn't register for that guy. He unironically thought he'd get away with the whole thing.

As for the witnesses, honestly so far as someone who Hates Trump with a passion, all these people went along with this bullshit, and did NOTHING while it was happening, actually bothers me a lot more than anything Trump did.
    I'm not disagreeing, but they're all bad and wrong. None of them should get a pass because someone happened to do something conceivably worse than someone else.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2022-07-12 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's the best at walking down gentle declines.

This song has no reason to slap as hard as it does, because god-damn it slaps.
    It's great. But I can't get over the fact that people are clapping and cheering as he brags how he managed to walk down a ramp. Idiocracy was a documentary, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It's great. But I can't get over the fact that people are clapping and cheering as he brags how he managed to walk down a ramp. Idiocracy was a documentary, I swear.
    Basically, it's a bunch of toddlers losing their god-damned minds their super cool uncle is doing this sick-ass magic trick -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This alone shows how fucking dumb these criminals are, and how completely guilty they are. If nothing comes of this, the US needs an intervention.
    When you haven't faced consequences for any of your actions yet, why would you believe that you'd start facing consequences for your actions?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Fair point. Hopefully some people will get a bit of an awakening.
    Would you call it...A Great Awakening?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or C

I see your point but IF he did really make the request and assaulted a secret service to do it, it's a long way away from him cowering away after inciting what is being called a riot and insurrection by myself included.

I am just saying this information in these hearings has shed a different light on the man than I had assumed.

Was he Mad (Trying to burn it all), Stupid (Knows better but doesn't care for his own emotions) or Just completely ignorant of reality (Can't see the forest from the trees in reference to his actions.)
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Was he Mad (Trying to burn it all), Stupid (Knows better but doesn't care for his own emotions) or Just completely ignorant of reality (Can't see the forest from the trees in reference to his actions.)
    Why do we have to pick one, when all seem like they apply?