Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I get what you're saying very likely true, but here are some problems.

This was the same Trump being told by everyone who mattered in his circle that he lost, so would he really still feel like Superman, even if he did, would ever really risk himself considering and I am sure the Secret Service letting him know the very real danger of his presence in any capacity?

Because up until that testimony I thought he as just setting up his own supporters and fled. The fact he wanted to go with them to the Capitol makes me questions if he knew the threat and didn't care, or may not have intended for it to go that far.

Keep in mind none of that matters now, I believe it's treason either way in my book. I think he knew but didn't care and more importantly thought he was going to remain President.
    I got family who supported this guy and acts just like I described.

They want what they want and don’t believe anyone who tells them stuff they don’t want to hear and then will complain that they had no way of knowing when stuff hits the fan or more likely blame it on others, anything to avoid taking responsibility for it or making them accept facts they didn’t like.

Trumps logic:

1) he is untouchable and the best.

2) this secret service agent is a moron and a coward.

3) If this works, I am president and have the GOP on my nuts protecting me and get to work on my dynasty.

4) If this doesn’t work, I will have the GOP making sure I am safe to protect their own butts because they helped me and I have their voters and they know it.

Remember this is a guy who already said on the debt that he knew he was making it worse but by the time it mattered he would be gone.

This is the affluenza teen grown up and on steroids.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-07-13 at 07:25 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don't disagree with your assessment, I am just not sure I share it, not yet. I always really Thought of Trump as fucking stupid and enabled because of money all his life. However maybe I've given his basic ability to even think at least a few steps ahead. Meaning if he planned on getting people killed, would he really join the people he sent to the capitol?
    I don't think that's what he thought. He probably thought he was going to lead his insurrection of the government and be able to take credit for it because [insert breathy, pompous, condescending voiceover] he was there, with his people, fighting the good fight like the leader he is

See I do my best when reading situations like this and Trump to not make Monsters or Saints out of them, he's just a man, and as far as conspiracy I don't buy into fantasy of what is "possible".
    While fair, he's not just a man...not anymore. But he's human just like the rest of us, and he's shown us who he really is countless times over the last few decades. He's not a good person and he is absolutely driven by power, money, control and a hyper inflated opinion of himself.

Is Trump really this fucking unhinged or is he just corrupt.
    Both, for sure, IMO.

Maybe it's both as for your last point, the people he surrounded himself scare the fuck out of me. This man had nuclear codes and lead out nations military and the free world.

I am all for chain of command and what not, but really, his entire administration went along with this knowing better and just said AH FUCK IT?

Until now, Trump really might have also been a product of a system that should be able to have stopped this shit before it started.
    I 100% agree with you, but the system and the people within it being terrible isn't justification or rationalization for why he's not as bad. They're BOTH terrible, and they both need to be held accountable for it. Sadly, yet understandably, it's a lot easier (relatively speaking) to go after a single person than a systemic issue. Pinning Trumps issues on Trump AS the President is a huge step towards addressing the systemic issue, but I'm under no delusions it's going to get fixed any time soon...if it ever does. But at least if we're able to stick it to Trump because of his bullshit, hopefully fewer people will be tempted to do similar shit.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-dial-1382556/

DON'T WORRY, TRUMP DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH WITNESSES! According to Newsmax, at least.

What happened? Why did Trump call a witness out of the blue?

Well, you see it's simple. Trump, who is well known for keeping his cell phone in his back pocket, butt dialed the witness. Which given that dump-truck butt that Trump is sporting, it almost believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

DON'T WORRY, TRUMP DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH WITNESSES! According to Newsmax, at least.

Well, you see it's simple. Trump, who is well known for keeping his cell phone in his back pocket, butt dialed the witness. Which given that dump-truck butt that Trump is sporting, it almost believable.
    Which begs the question of HOW did he gigantobutt dial him? Typically that kind of accidental dialing is redialing the last call or some other person on your recent calls list. Or in some fashion, has to be a number your phone has ready access to. Why would Trump's phone have ready access to a witness's number?

Fuck these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Which begs the question of HOW did he gigantobutt dial him? Typically that kind of accidental dialing is redialing the last call or some other person on your recent calls list. Or in some fashion, has to be a number your phone has ready access to. Why would Trump's phone have ready access to a witness's number?

Fuck these people.
    They say all men are created equal, but you look at a person, and you look at Trump and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if your treasonous ass butt dialed, you'd have a 50/50 chance of getting someone who'd be a witness. But Trump has a gigantic ass and it's not normal. So you got a 25% chance at best of butt dialing a nonwitness. Then you add recent calls, and the chances of someone not a witness drastically go down. Then, the chances of a traitor butt dialing a nonwitness is 33 and a third, but Trump, his ass would have a 66 and 2/3 chance of butt dialing a witness, because recent calls are a thing and his ass is huge. So, you got a 33 and a third chance, minus the trump sized ass 25% chance, and you got a 8 and 1/3 chance of butt dialing a nonwitness. But then you take the 75% chance, if we involve recent calls, and add in the 66 2/3 percent for ass size, and you got a 141 2/3 chance of butt dialing a witness if you were Donald Trump. See Katchii, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Trump at Sacrifice.
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2022-07-13 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Plus if you commit enough crimes pretty much everyone is a witness.
    /s

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/14/...ecret-service/

THE SECRET SERVICE erased text messages from January 5 and January 6, 2021, according to a letter given to the January 6 committee and reviewed by The Intercept. The letter was originally sent by the Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General to the House and Senate homeland security committees. Though the Secret Service maintains that the text messages were lost as a result of a “device-replacement program,” the letter says the erasure took place shortly after oversight officials requested the agency’s electronic communications.

The Secret Service did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Secret Service has emerged as a key player in the explosive congressional hearings on former President Donald Trump’s role in the storming of the Capitol on January 6, 2021, in an attempt to prevent the 2020 election results from being certified. That day, then-Vice President Mike Pence was at the Capitol to certify the results. When rioters entered the building, the Secret Service tried to whisk Pence away from the scene.
    Huh, why is the USSS deleting relevant text messages after they were requested?

Hopefully since the federal government pays those bills, they can just ask their providers to restore those texts.

Ooh yeah
    Talk about deep state. I'm sorta serious in that we that many people throughout government loved Trump's fascist views.

Tony Onoto, who was a Secret Service member l, who would have guessed, promoted to staff around January 6th I believe. So maybe just a top down order.

Edit:. Okay Tony Onato was a USSS agent, then appointed to Trump staff, then went back to the Secret Service.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/15...BkXFzCEKQ&s=19
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-07-15 at 11:50 AM.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

If you have anything important to say to Cody Mattice or James Mault, two of the Trump cultists who took part in the murderous insur--

"It was a peaceful, loving tour group."

Yeah, they were convicted of tearing down a barricade then pepper spraying cops on the other side, so no it wasn't. They were given 44 months in prison, also 3 years of supervised release, and $2,000 in fines.

These two, and likely others, were at least in part convicted with the text messages they sent to each other, with such messages as "bring weapons". Also, they were videod, possibly by their friends.

"Surely this will be thrown out on appeal."

They plead out, so no.

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes has a copy of a memo sent by William Olson--

"Who?"

Okay, so Olson is a lawyer whose claim to fame, until recently, was being bitchslapped by SCOTUS in claiming Kamala Harris wasn't American.

"I'll stop you right there, I think I know where this is going. He's a far right wing conspiracy theorist who has ties to white nationalists and in a flat-earth-shaking coincidence, Donald Trump."

The first yes, the second almost certainly by context, the latter is now up for debate. That memo was to Trump, and Olson was pitching martial law.

"He did not use that exact phrase."

Page three.

In the memo, Olson seems...let's say "disappointed" that Rosen blew off his proposal, but it also mentions that Olson had talked to Trump on Christmas Day 2020 and pitched the idea directly. Three days letter, fuck, three days later he sent the memo.

The plan was direct:
    1) Return to DC. (Trump was in Florida at the time)
    2) Repeal and replace the acting AG if he's not on board. Spoiler alert: it was Rosen, Olson called him out in the memo, he was not on board.
    3) Order the acting AG to file suit on behalf of the US against...uh...the US. Stop the election from being counted.
    4) Replace the election results with a sample that Trump would claim was random and fair.
    5) Tell the American people this is God's plan.

"He did not s--"

a suitable pledge of his fidelity and responsibility to his country; and creates upon his conscience a deep sense of duty, by an appeal, at once in the presence of God and man, to the most sacred and solemn sanctions which can operate upon the human mind
    Emphasis his. Not mine. Olson bolded that. Olson was also crystal clear that judges were derelict in their duties. Yes, Olson was suggesting a complete takeover by Trump, the head of the only branch that would be allowed power in this sick, twisted fantasy, and coincidentally the one who ran and lost.

"Okay, so Olson wrote that up. Trump didn't hire this guy. Why is this important?"

Well, read the memo -- it'll be on multiple sources by now -- then remember what Trump actually did. After Dec 28. On Jan 22, 2021, it was make public that Trump had considered replacing Rosen with Clark and only didn't because of the threat of mass exodus from his remaining DoJ. Clark was already Senate-approved for another office, something Olson said would give Trump some validity in his treasonous act. Olson had suggested another lawyer, Olson, who...um, William Olson recommended Kurt Olsen, who led the Texas charge to throw out Biden's clear and legal win in SCOTUS. Kurt Olsen had also contacted the Trump WH multiple times that month.

<Insert Olsen twins joke here>

This is just like the Russia thing. Trump begged Russia for help, then Russia provided help, but it was never proved Russia helped Trump because Trump asked for help. Olson/Olsen provided a plan to Trump, and Trump used that plan, and the next step is to drag them all to jail in chains. Then it will be...

(sunglasses)

...a Full House.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you have anything important to say to Cody Mattice or James Mault, two of the Trump cultists who took part in the murderous insur--

"It was a peaceful, loving tour group."

Yeah, they were convicted of tearing down a barricade then pepper spraying cops on the other side, so no it wasn't. They were given 44 months in prison, also 3 years of supervised release, and $2,000 in fines.

These two, and likely others, were at least in part convicted with the text messages they sent to each other, with such messages as "bring weapons". Also, they were videod, possibly by their friends.

"Surely this will be thrown out on appeal."

They plead out, so no.

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes has a copy of a memo sent by William Olson--

"Who?"

Okay, so Olson is a lawyer whose claim to fame, until recently, was being bitchslapped by SCOTUS in claiming Kamala Harris wasn't American.

"I'll stop you right there, I think I know where this is going. He's a far right wing conspiracy theorist who has ties to white nationalists and in a flat-earth-shaking coincidence, Donald Trump."

The first yes, the second almost certainly by context, the latter is now up for debate. That memo was to Trump, and Olson was pitching martial law.

"He did not use that exact phrase."

Page three.

In the memo, Olson seems...let's say "disappointed" that Rosen blew off his proposal, but it also mentions that Olson had talked to Trump on Christmas Day 2020 and pitched the idea directly. Three days letter, fuck, three days later he sent the memo.

The plan was direct:
    1) Return to DC. (Trump was in Florida at the time)
    2) Repeal and replace the acting AG if he's not on board. Spoiler alert: it was Rosen, Olson called him out in the memo, he was not on board.
    3) Order the acting AG to file suit on behalf of the US against...uh...the US. Stop the election from being counted.
    4) Replace the election results with a sample that Trump would claim was random and fair.
    5) Tell the American people this is God's plan.

"He did not s--"

Emphasis his. Not mine. Olson bolded that. Olson was also crystal clear that judges were derelict in their duties. Yes, Olson was suggesting a complete takeover by Trump, the head of the only branch that would be allowed power in this sick, twisted fantasy, and coincidentally the one who ran and lost.

"Okay, so Olson wrote that up. Trump didn't hire this guy. Why is this important?"

Well, read the memo -- it'll be on multiple sources by now -- then remember what Trump actually did. After Dec 28. On Jan 22, 2021, it was make public that Trump had considered replacing Rosen with Clark and only didn't because of the threat of mass exodus from his remaining DoJ. Clark was already Senate-approved for another office, something Olson said would give Trump some validity in his treasonous act. Olson had suggested another lawyer, Olson, who...um, William Olson recommended Kurt Olsen, who led the Texas charge to throw out Biden's clear and legal win in SCOTUS. Kurt Olsen had also contacted the Trump WH multiple times that month.

<Insert Olsen twins joke here>

This is just like the Russia thing. Trump begged Russia for help, then Russia provided help, but it was never proved Russia helped Trump because Trump asked for help. Olson/Olsen provided a plan to Trump, and Trump used that plan, and the next step is to drag them all to jail in chains. Then it will be...

(sunglasses)

...a Full House.
    I swear even Tom Clancy couldn't come up with as a convoluted conspiracy as the Trump Administration has tried to come up with. I think this will even beat the fake theory about how that NASA faked the moon landing on how insane it is. I still say the most ironic thing of the whole mess is if Trump would have just taken COVID seriously, he would have been reelected. He is still one of the only few presidents to ever mess up a national emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I swear even Tom Clancy couldn't come up with as a convoluted conspiracy as the Trump Administration has tried to come up with. I think this will even beat the fake theory about how that NASA faked the moon landing on how insane it is. I still say the most ironic thing of the whole mess is if Trump would have just taken COVID seriously, he would have been reelected. He is still one of the only few presidents to ever mess up a national emergency.
    Authors can never be as unrealistic as reality.
    - Lars

Seems I don't need my tinfoil hat. It's all true.

Trump's security detail was 'aligned' with him and 'personally cheering for Biden to fail,' says author of book on the Secret Service

Two Secret Service agents were close to Trump and seen as his enablers, said Carol Leonnig.

The agents plan to dispute part of Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony regarding Trump, said Leonnig.

Many in Trump's detail cheered the Capitol riot, said Leonnig, whose book covers the Secret Service.

Two top members of former President Donald Trump's personal security detail were "very, very close" to Trump and are "viewed as being aligned" with him, said Carol Leonnig, a long-time investigative reporter at The Washington Post.

Leonnig is the author of the book "Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service" and co-author of "I Alone Can Fix It," which delves into Trump's final year as president.

Leonnig told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Wednesday evening that many Secret Service agents in Trump's detail were also rooting for President Joe Biden's failure, and used their social media accounts to "cheer on the insurrection" at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

"There was a very large contingent of Donald Trump's detail, who were personally cheering for Biden to fail, and some of them even took to their personal media accounts to cheer on the insurrection and the individuals riding up to the Capitol as patriots," Leonnig said. "That is problematic."

"I'm not saying that Tony Ornato or Bobby Engel did that, but they are viewed as being aligned with Donald Trump, which cuts against them," she added.
    So my belief of the deep state in the USSS was true. Seems fitting. First never underestimate people, but I just believe how many in US government would be tied to fascism.

Now if the deletion of text messages show conspiracy to help Trump or I should say take any passive measures and thus let Jan 6th happen.

Even as it says many wanted to see Biden fail and I guess cheer the insurrection, won't lead to any crazy scenario of USSS not protecting or say kidnapping Biden. Yet, I would say they are dangerous.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Seems I don't need my tinfoil hat. It's all true.

Trump's security detail was 'aligned' with him and 'personally cheering for Biden to fail,' says author of book on the Secret Service
    Two Secret Service agents were close to Trump and seen as his enablers, said Carol Leonnig.

The agents plan to dispute part of Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony regarding Trump, said Leonnig.

Many in Trump's detail cheered the Capitol riot, said Leonnig, whose book covers the Secret Service.

Two top members of former President Donald Trump's personal security detail were "very, very close" to Trump and are "viewed as being aligned" with him, said Carol Leonnig, a long-time investigative reporter at The Washington Post.

Leonnig is the author of the book "Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service" and co-author of "I Alone Can Fix It," which delves into Trump's final year as president.

Leonnig told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Wednesday evening that many Secret Service agents in Trump's detail were also rooting for President Joe Biden's failure, and used their social media accounts to "cheer on the insurrection" at the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

"There was a very large contingent of Donald Trump's detail, who were personally cheering for Biden to fail, and some of them even took to their personal media accounts to cheer on the insurrection and the individuals riding up to the Capitol as patriots," Leonnig said. "That is problematic."

"I'm not saying that Tony Ornato or Bobby Engel did that, but they are viewed as being aligned with Donald Trump, which cuts against them," she added.
    So my belief of the deep state in the USSS was true. Seems fitting. First never underestimate people, but I just believe how many in US government would be tied to fascism.

Now if the deletion of text messages show conspiracy to help Trump or I should say take any passive measures and thus let Jan 6th happen.

Even as it says many wanted to see Biden fail and I guess cheer the insurrection, won't lead to any crazy scenario of USSS not protecting or say kidnapping Biden. Yet, I would say they are dangerous.
    What this says to me is that the USSS has been compromised by the Fascist Regime. And in the coming decades cannot be expected to fully and objectively protect a "lib'tard" President.

This is how Democratic/Republic Empires fall. Never in a nuclear explosion. But one small pop at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What this says to me is that the USSS has been compromised by the Fascist Regime. And in the coming decades cannot be expected to fully and objectively protect a "lib'tard" President.

This is how Democratic/Republic Empires fall. Never in a nuclear explosion. But one small pop at a time.
    This is the crazy part and hurts my brain on some level.

Conservatives and right wing Trumpers for 4 years projected the Deep State and we scoffed at it. I still believe this is nuts, btw.

Now we have this and if look at Trump appointee, hires and people just in the government and while I adjust my tinfoil hat, there is a possible Fascist creep in our government.

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This is the crazy part and hurts my brain on some level.

Conservatives and right wing Trumpers for 4 years projected the Deep State and we scoffed at it. I still believe this is nuts, btw.

Now we have this and if look at Trump appointee, hires and people just in the government and while I adjust my tinfoil hat, there is a possible Fascist creep in our government.
    Not that hard to understand. If its THEM, it's the tubers far underground in charge. The "Deeps taters"
    If it's us, it's PATRIOTS AND FREEDOM FIGHTERS AND GOD BLESS THE USA WE'RE BESTEST BIGLY TRUMP 2024.
    Fascists? That's not how you say DEFENDER OF OUR FREEDUMBS.

Two things to start today.

First, MMO-C's second-favorite lawyer sounds off about the Elon Musk deal.

It confirms a lot of what we said, but does go further. In particular, he makes Musk sound borderline incompetent.

Secondly, as we hear that the upcoming Jan 6th prime-time meeting will be focusing on actual crimes, hope you're watching DoJ, murderous insurrectionist Guy Reffitt faces 15 years could get up to 15 years in prison.

Yes, fifteen. The largest so far, by triple.

I'll spare you the hunt for Reffitt articles. Reffitt brought zipties and a motherfucking gun to the insurrection, with the intent of dragging lawmakers out of the buidling. Then, he threatened to harm his own wife and his own son if they ratted him out to the FBI. Probably wasn't necessary as he was ratted out by his fellow insurrectionists and probably also live-streamed. Reffitt did not plead guilty, has not accepted what he did was wrong, continues to claim he's a political prisoner, and was found guilty so this is just about the sentencing now.

It confirms a lot of what we said, but does go further. In particular, he makes Musk sound borderline incompetent.

Secondly, as we hear that the upcoming Jan 6th prime-time meeting will be focusing on actual crimes, hope you're watching DoJ, murderous insurrectionist Guy Reffitt faces 15 years could get up to 15 years in prison.

I'll spare you the hunt for Reffitt articles. Reffitt brought zipties and a motherfucking gun to the insurrection, with the intent of dragging lawmakers out of the buidling. Then, he threatened to harm his own wife and his own son if they ratted him out to the FBI. Probably wasn't necessary as he was ratted out by his fellow insurrectionists and probably also live-streamed. Reffitt did not plead guilty, has not accepted what he did was wrong, continues to claim he's a political prisoner, and was found guilty so this is just about the sentencing now.
    I'm curious, how long will the line be if someone like Rhonda Santis, I mean, Ron DeSantis becomes President?
    I mean, the man would have the cleanest asshole in this country since it's founding with the number of people lining up to toss his salad for pardons.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar

15 years is far more in-line with what I’d expect for these cretins. Glad to see they’re accelerating sentencing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm curious, how long will the line be if someone like Rhonda Santis, I mean, Ron DeSantis becomes President?
    Everything I've seen so far suggests DeSantis will, in fact, run in 2024. Trump will mysteriously have a health condition about the same time he starts losing the primary. So...you might not need to wait long.