Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    To be honest, V and Bane actually experienced government cruelty firsthand. This does not make them heroes, but at least I can see where they come from.
    Ah, but to these guys, shit like being forced to live alongside LGBT people and being subject to laws/policies enacted by fairly-elected Demoncrats constitutes "government cruelty" in their minds...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-11-30 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garland celebrates 'significant' Jan. 6 convictions

"These convictions were the result of tireless work by Justice Department agents, attorneys, analysts and support staff beginning in January 2021 with a methodical collection of evidence and continuing through the presentation of that evidence during the seven-week trial that began in October of 2022," Garland told reporters at the Justice Department.

"Their skill and dedication are in the very best tradition of the Justice Department. And we are all extremely grateful to them," he said.

The seditious conspiracy convictions, Garland said, made clear that DOJ will hold accountable anyone responsible for the Jan. 6 attack.

Garland has named longtime federal prosecutor Jack Smith as special counsel to oversee the major Jan. 6 cases as well as the investigation into sensitive documents with classified markings that were taken from the White House by Donald Trump after his presidency ended.

The attorney general said Wednesday that he met with Smith in choosing him as special counsel and said the investigation is not being slowed down by the change in prosecutors overseeing the cases.

He also said the Justice Department would like transcripts from interviews conducted by the House Jan. 6 committee but did not say whether or not he was satisfied with how long the process was taking.
    Anyone? You promise?

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Anyone who sympathizes with The Joker outside of the movie Joker and isn't an hardcore anarchist or a psychopath themselves needs help.
    And that brings us to the problem of making those movies in the first place. I admit the last Suicide Squad movie was great mindless fun but maybe maaaaybe we have too many movies with psychopaths as protagonists lately. Perhaps we should stop glorifying the Joker or Harley Quinn and the like. Flawed heroes are fine and welcome, but remorseless killers are another things entirely. I don't think they're good for our society's mental wellbeing.

And that brings us to the problem of making those movies in the first place. I admit the last Suicide Squad movie was great mindless fun but maybe maaaaybe we have too many movies with psychopaths as protagonists lately. Perhaps we should stop glorifying the Joker or Harley Quinn and the like. Flawed heroes are fine and welcome, but remorseless killers are another things entirely. I don't think they're good for our society's mental wellbeing.
    I love how Heath Ledger portrayed the Joker. Enough psychopathic tendencies but not insane. Absolutely nailed it. To me, Joker makes a perfect villain. He does what he does because he can, not because he feels he has for any personal reason or a vendetta or something of that nature.

You are meant to hate the Joker. He is chaotic evil personified. I love to hate the Joker.

I love how Heath Ledger portrayed the Joker. Enough psychopathic tendencies but not insane. Absolutely nailed it. To me, Joker makes a perfect villain. He does what he does because he can, not because he feels he has for any personal reason or a vendetta or something of that nature.

You are meant to hate the Joker. He is chaotic evil personified. I love to hate the Joker.
    Yeah, but he was the villain in that movie, as any Joker should be.

But he was hypnotic.
    The scene when he was in the hospital with Harvey Dent...I felt the allure. Almost in the same way I felt with the character of Hannibal Lechter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But he was hypnotic.
    The scene when he was in the hospital with Harvey Dent...I felt the allure. Almost in the same way I felt with the character of Hannibal Lechter.
    The fact that Batman had literally no control over the Joker and could do nothing to really hurt him really shows how little power Batman really had in the scene where the Joker was in the interrogation room. Joker held all the cards.

This is going offtopic so I will stop this line of thinking here.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Joker movie tried to put in a backstory to the character which will generally humanize him and try to show something other than a psychopathic maniac. While it works for that movie, the character never is supposed to have a legit backstory.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2022-12-01 at 09:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Joker movie tried to put in a backstory to the character which will generally humanize him and try to show something other than a psychopathic maniac. While it works for that movie, the character never is supposed to have a legit backstory.
    THANK you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jan 6th panel is prepared to make criminal referrals and wrap things up, just before the GOP arrive to declare the whole thing a partisan witch hunt and go after Hunter Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/polit...ote/index.html

House votes to award Congressional Gold Medal's to Capitol Police who defended the Capitol on Jan. 6

21 Republicans vote against it, as a reminder that they still believe the historical fiction that this was just a peaceful day with tourists.

Reminder: Republicans are anti-police.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/polit...ote/index.html

House votes to award Congressional Gold Medal's to Capitol Police who defended the Capitol on Jan. 6

21 Republicans vote against it, as a reminder that they still believe the historical fiction that this was just a peaceful day with tourists.

Reminder: Republicans are anti-police.
    Did you see this: https://twitter.com/akjakalope/statu...F1J2MI1Kp5EKXg
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Good ole Mitch. Trying to shake the hand of someone whose family was attacked by people that you represent and refuse to outright denounce. Person wasn't going to give McConnell his moment. Mitch looked like someone just slapped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good ole Mitch. Trying to shake the hand of someone whose family was attacked by people that you represent and refuse to outright denounce. Person wasn't going to give McConnell his moment. Mitch looked like someone just slapped him.
    Someone who crafts and implements plans on a large scale, who thought this was a nice and easy PR moment, got hit shit bopped.
    Mitch rarely gets this type of thing in public, no wonder he looked shocked.
    I figure by tomorrow the noise will be it was a plan by Demoncraps to make the R's look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The five House GOP members who ignored Jan 6th subpoenas might get ethics charges, in the last gasp of the committe before Trump loyalitsts and Republican enablers choke it out.

Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), a constitutional law expert and chairman of the panel subcommittee tasked with responding to the five members, pointed to a specific clause limiting the penalizing of lawmakers for actions they take through the course of their job.

“The Speech or Debate Clause makes it clear that Congress doesn’t hold members of Congress accountable in the judiciary or other places in the government,” Raskin said.

“Members of Congress are only held accountable through Article One in their own chambers for their actions.”
    While pointless, this isn't a political stunt -- they simply ran out of time. Their best bet is to hand it over to the DOJ and say "they violated a legal subpoena, now it's your job".

So, how do you say that you were part of the planning of something but don't want to outright say it? Well, MTG states that if she and Bannon planned it, the insurrectionists would have succeeded. She isn't even covering up the fact anymore MAGA is just the American
    version of Nazi.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...it/ar-AA159F5X

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says MAGA Would've Won on Jan. 6 if She Organized It

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, suggested that the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot would have succeeded if she was in charge.

Greene was among the high-profile guests to attend and speak at an event hosted by the New York Young Republican Club in New York City on Saturday evening. Others in attendance included former President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, and commentator Jack Posobiec.

During her address at the event, Greene touched on the Capitol riot, a subject she has been consistently outspoken on, and said that rioters would have been successful had she and former Trump adviser Steve Bannon been in charge of them, according to the New York Post.

"I want to tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won," the congresswoman said. "Not to mention, we would've been armed."

Last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol building was carried out by supporters of Trump following his "Stop the Steal" rally, spurred on by the news that then-Vice President Mike Pence had not intervened in the certification of Joe Biden's 2020 election win. According to testimony from some involved, rioters sought to disrupt the certification process in an effort to keep Trump in power, with some explicitly targeting members of Congress. Rioters were also infamously heard chanting "Hang Mike Pence."

Among her other talking points at the event, Greene also reiterated her opposition to aid for Ukraine, bragging about her refusal to vote in favor of a "single penny." She also questioned the provision of Secret Service protection to progressive Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and called on the incoming House GOP majority to support more of her proposals, including a ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youths under 18, which she dubiously equated to "genital mutilation."

In the past, Greene has made the treatment of January 6 prisoners one of her leading political issues, claiming that they have been mistreated in jail while awaiting trial. Following a visit to a Washington, D.C., jail last year, she said that the prisoners clapped, cheered, and cried when they met her.

The GOP lawmaker has also faced legal scrutiny over allegations that she helped facilitate the attack on the Capitol by providing tours of the building in the days leading up to the insurrection. A group of voters in Georgia brought the case against her, claiming that individuals who help stage an insurrection are barred from holding elected office under the 14th Amendment. Greene has denied any wrongdoing or involvement in the riot, calling herself a "victim" of the event.

Newsweek reached out to the White House for comment.

So, how do you say that you were part of the planning of something but don't want to outright say it? Well, MTG states that if she and Bannon planned it, the insurrectionists would have succeeded. She isn't even covering up the fact anymore MAGA is just the American
    version of Nazi.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...it/ar-AA159F5X
    Uh...isn't that uh...like...openly talking about wanting to violently overthrow the government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh...isn't that uh...like...openly talking about wanting to violently overthrow the government?
    "No no....it's only speculation of a possible outcome. Hunter Biden's laptop is the real issue." -Deplorables, probably-
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have anything to say to Doug Jensen, you'd better hurry. He just got five years in jail for being part of the murderous insurrection.

Jensen has yet to express remorse, only that he won't do it again. That should be easy -- five year in jail plus three years supervised probation,

15+ Year Old Account
    Liz Cheney: “General Flynn, do you believe in the peaceful transition of power in the United States of America?”

Michael Flynn: “The Fifth.”
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"