https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...n/70012130007/

A Wisconsin man accused of supporting a plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor changed his plea to guilty Wednesday morning and is expected to cooperate with state prosecutors in their case against four other men who face trial later this year.

“I wish to plead guilty,” Brian Higgins, 54, told the judge, according to the Associated Press.

His guilty plea puts pressure on the other defendants to seek deals ahead of their high-profile state terrorism trial scheduled for August that was part of a broader case, which had mixed results in federal court but was an unqualified victory for the prosecution in another state terrorism case in Jackson.

Twins Michael and William Null, 40, of Plainwell and Shelbyville, respectively; Shawn Fix, 40, of Belleville; and Eric Molitor, 38, of Cadillac, have been charged with one count of providing material support for an act of terrorism and one count of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
    Glad he's coming clean, fuck them losers.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...95444591890432

Newly released Justice Department footage shows a timelapse of what happened after Trump tweeted at 2:24 pm when Mike Pence didn't have the guts to throw out the electoral college votes. Before that you can see that the police is keeping the insurrectionists back, shortly after, they break through and storm the capitol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...95444591890432

Newly released Justice Department footage shows a timelapse of what happened after Trump tweeted at 2:24 pm when Mike Pence didn't have the guts to throw out the electoral college votes. Before that you can see that the police is keeping the insurrectionists back, shortly after, they break through and storm the capitol.
    I remember seeing pics as it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I remember seeing pics as it happened.
    That was a wild day to be watching livestreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That was a wild day to be watching livestreams.
    Second only to watching that plane crash into the WTC.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News, probably in a panic, publishes this article about how

DOJ warned courts to expect a new wave of January 6 prosecutions in 'next few months'

More than 1,000 people may face new charges relating to the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the Justice Department warned Washington, D.C. courts late last year.
    "Um, Breccia? I think you're misreading that. The number prosecuted so far is 1,000 people. That must be what FOX News means."

Um...no.

That number comes in addition to the nearly 1,000 people the DOJ had already arrested for Jan. 6 offenses as of February. U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves informed Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the potential prosecutions in an October 2022 letter, according to Bloomberg News. Specifically, the letter stated that the court should expect an additional 700-1,200 prosecutions.

"We expect the pace of bringing new cases will increase, in an orderly fashion, over the course of the next few months," Graves wrote in the letter, according to Bloomberg News. Graves added that it was difficult to predict the exact number of cases due to the "nature and the complexity of the investigation."
    Yeah. Everything that's happened so far (the leader of the Proud Boys, the QAnon shaman, Pepe the Frog shot while running from the police, etc) is halftime.

Now it's not just possible, but likely, that of these upcoming thousand, 900-990 are just people who have been caught but not tried yet. The real question is, are there any big names left? People we know are involved, but the DOJ wanted enough lower-rank members to turn evidence against, before the handcuffs click? Simply put, we know people like Giuliani, Powell, various elected officials and even Trump himself took part in some way, anything from a vague "maybe" text to instigating the riot personally and demanding the SS take him there.

We'll find out soon enough. Incidentally, Greene promised to visit the "human rights abuses" that were people guilty of crimes being held in prison, but she was caught with a clod of dirt and arrested for possession of explosives. /s

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...ssley-00087196

Newly released video of the Capitol attack shows just how close rioters came to a senior GOP senator who was third in line for the presidency on Jan. 6, 2021.

The footage, released after media requests to access videos used in connection with a Jan. 6 criminal case, shows the apparent evacuation of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) from the Senate chamber as a uniformed officer separates him and his security detail from the first wave of rioters who had breached the building. Those rioters were led by Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola, who used a riot shield to shatter a Senate window and ignite the breach of the building near the chamber.

Grassley’s caught-on-tape proximity to the pro-Trump rioters adds new dissonance to Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s on-air minimization of the siege — a portrayal that palpably split Senate and House Republicans.

The video, taken by a rioter who entered the Capitol moments after the breach and released in a case separate from Pezzola’s, shows the Proud Boy gazing past the police officer at the evacuating senator, though it’s unclear if he recognized Grassley. As the camera pans, Pezzola is shown speaking on his phone before turning away from the scene.

That first wave of the mob — which also included Jacob Chansley, known as the “QAnon Shaman” — would moments later follow Capitol Police officer Eugene Goodman up a flight of stairs to come within feet of the Senate chamber in a now-famous confrontation.

The footage is the latest example of how close powerful government figures came to a direct brush with the mob of then-President Donald Trump’s supporters. Rioters came within 40 feet of then-Vice President Mike Pence during his own evacuation, according to evidence released by the Jan. 6 select committee. And then-Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, accompanied by his own security detail, came within sight of rioter Joshua Pruitt while waiting for an elevator.
    That moment when the insurrectionist mob was within spitting distance of the #3 in line to the presidency.

Tucker Carlson is a garbage human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    It was a debacle but it wasn't some coordinated strike. It was a bunch of boomers stealing office supplies.
    Texas boomer who broke into the Senate for office supplies in tactical military gear gets two years in prison.

In the 1000+th prison sentence for boomers breaking into the Capitol during the most important official proceedings they hold, Larry Brock, 55-year-old boomer, was given a felony sentence for his role in stealing paper clips, 8 1/2x11 paper, and preventing the peaceful transition of power to the new President Joe Biden through force and violence.

Brock, shown here

on the Senate floor when they were supposed to be discussing Arizona, clearly wasn't organized or prepared for the theft of office supplies, bringing only a military helmet, a military tactical vest, what appears to be a radio for communication with whoever found the Post-It notes and non-dairy creamer first, and zipties for the more elusive office supplies such as toner cartridges and Vice President Mike Pence.

Brock's lack of coordination and preparation can also be seen in the social media posts from before the office raid, including the exact quote I am not making up “I bought myself body armor and a helmet for a civil war that is coming.”

The judge didn't seem to understand that this was a non-coordinated group of boomers that all showed up on the same day and used violence to break into one of the most important government buildings on Earth by saying “The conduct we are talking about, the events of January 6, were extremely serious. Extremely seriou. It was a mob, engaged in a riot, and all of that has to be taken serious by the criminal justice system.”

Further discussions about lack of coordination can be addressed to the people literally convicted of sedition. The DoJ has yet to press charges for swiping dry-erase markers or those paper cups that come to points at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Texas boomer who broke into the Senate for office supplies in tactical military gear gets two years in prison.

In the 1000+th prison sentence for boomers breaking into the Capitol during the most important official proceedings they hold, Larry Brock, 55-year-old boomer
    I hate to say it, but the Baby Boom was people born between '46 and '64.

If Brock's 55, he was born around '68. So he's a Gen Xer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I hate to say it, but the Baby Boom was people born between '46 and '64.

If Brock's 55, he was born around '68. So he's a Gen Xer.
    What? You're telling me it wasn't just a bunch of boomers stealing office supplies? Well that seems directly contradictory to what Tentim said. How odd. Maybe he'll see me citing him and come here to clear up the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    It was a debacle but it wasn't some coordinated strike. It was a bunch of boomers stealing office supplies.
    Samuel Lazar, arrested when he was an 18-year-old boomer, to be sentenced in sealed hearings Friday.

Naturally, the hearings are sealed because Lazar is convicted of stealing Scotch tape and Elmer's glue. Oh, and organizing a mob and telling them to grab weapons from the police they subdued, but mostly the office supplies.

If Lazar's name sounds familiar, it should. From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

If there were any doubts about the role Samuel Lazar played during the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol, the Lancaster County man cleared them up within hours of the attack.

He posted to Facebook: “There’s a time for war. Our constitution allows us to abolish our [government] and install a new one in [its] place.” And in a video shared on Twitter, while the building was still being cleared, Lazar — dressed in a tactical vest and goggles, camouflage face paint melting down his face
    As one does, in a disorganized raid for office supplies.

boasted of his mettle while skirmishing with police.

“They maced us … so we maced ‘em right the fuck back,” he said. “I was right at the front, on the tip of the spear.”

And yet in the six months that followed — even as he appeared on the FBI’s list of most wanted insurrection suspects, posed for photos with prominent Pennsylvania GOP candidates like 2022 gubernatorial hopeful Doug Mastriano, and featured in more videos that surfaced from the insurrection including one depicting him using a giant Trump campaign sign as a battering ram to break through police lines — Lazar remained free.
    I'm sure Mastriano, at the time, only knew about Lazar's participation in the planned and coordinated murderous insurrection and not the teenage boomer's more heinous act of stealing staples and canary-yellow photocopy paper.

Because Lazar apparently stole such a large amount of office supplies while also assaulting law enforcement officers, he was held in jail pre-trial. Swiping ball-point pens is highly frowned upon in the US justice system, after all. However, his sealed sentencing seems indicative that he cooperated with prosecutors. Maybe he was telling the feds where he stashed the paper clips and the dry-erase removal fluid that works worse than tap water but Susan from HR keeps ordering it anyhow. Or, maybe it was something smaller like offering evidence against his fellow boomers who took part in the murderous insurrection. Not as good, but we'll take what we can get until the real office theft mastermind is caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    59-year-old boomer Georgia lawyer found guilty of two insurrection-based misdemeanors and one felony count of stealing office supplies.

William Calhoun of Americus, no really Georgia has a town called "Americus" like it's Latin and this is the singular of America, as in "some people go to both North and South America, but I only went to North Americus" and no I would not be able to drive past a sign saying Americus without yelling FUCK YEAH! out the window at what I'm guessing would be startled but not surprised sheep, was a practicing criminal defense attorney until a few minutes ago. As expected from an uncoordinated group of people, Calhoun announced ahead of time he was heading to the Capitol, went to Trump's rally, broke in while the alarm was going off amidst clouds of smoke and tear gas -- which I imagine made it harder to find the pre-sharpened #2 pencils and TPS forms. Prosecutors also put into evidence video of Calhoun and other uncoordinated boomers who happened to all be at the scene of the violent break-in all at the same time, what are the odds, going door to door and announcing he was looking for people. I'm sure he meant to say "office supplies" but misspoke, possibly because of the tear gas he waded through to break into the Capitol. He even made it to Pelosi's door, presumably to ask for the extension to dial out with the fax machine he planned to steal.

Today the American People proved we have the power. We physically took control of the Capitol building in a hand to hand hostile takeover. We occupied the Capitol and shut down the Government – we shut down their stolen election shenanigans
    -- the boomer stealing office supplies

Calhoun is looking at a maximum of 20 years in jail. The DoJ release I quoted doesn't break it down by charge, but I will assume 6 months for breaking into the Capitol, 6 months for insurrection, and 19 years for grand theft, three-ring binder.

In the 22 months since Jan. 6, 2021, more than 999 individuals have been arrested
    But a bitch ain't one!

in nearly all 50 states for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol, including over 320 individuals charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement. The investigation remains ongoing.
    -- the DoJ press release

320 arrests for assault/impeding law enforcement sounds high, but the press release says nothing about theft of office supplies, so it's hard to get a sense of context.

But a bitch ain't one!
    But all of them were bitches otherwise they wouldn't have been there to begin with. But they would rather sell out themselves, their nation and their children's future pretending they were right then hurt their pride thinking and admitting they were wrong.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    But all of them were bitches otherwise they wouldn't have been there to begin with. But they would rather sell out themselves, their nation and their children's future pretending they were right then hurt their pride thinking and admitting they were wrong.
    I wonder if they are making a real life version of the scene from Shawshank Redemption where everyone but Red in prison claims they are innocent and their lawyer fucked them over.

I mean, according to MTG and the other right wing nutcases, that must be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Trump didn't get arrested today but people did get squeezed....for donations by the donald.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...4a986a22&ei=10

Trump Did Not Get Arrested Today, But He Fleeced Supporters By Pretending He Would Be

Donald Trump‘s fundraising machine may be getting a boost thanks to massive attention given to his erroneous prediction that he would be arrested Tuesday.

Trump made the claim in a Truth Social post over the weekend, but no announcement of an indictment has yet come from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

Since Trump made his arrest prediction, at least one fundraising email sent Monday in the former president’s name has targeted donors to clap back at the “witch hunt” that could lead to his arrest. Trump also asked for petition signatures against accusations he paid hush money in 2016 to adult film star Stormy Daniels. Bragg is reportedly probing whether Trump falsified business records to conceal the payment.

“[T]he Trump for President 2024 campaign is compiling millions and millions of petition signatures from Americans like you CONDEMNING these threats of a possible arrest,” the email read.

Trump supporters who click on the petition link are led directly to Trump’s official fundraising page, where he asks for up to $3,300 to get him re-elected to the presidency in 2024.

In addition, one targeted ad on Trump’s Truth Social page is selling “Free Donald Commemorative Gold Bars” for $100. Another ad is promoting Trump 2024 T-shirts at no initial cost, but mentions a $29.95 per month T-shirt Membership in the fine print.

Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina hinted at the Trump fundraising boon in a recent interview.

“[Trump] seems to turn everything into a positive and everything into a boost for his campaign,” Tacopina told the reporter.

According to reports, Trump had just $25 million in his campaign war chest at the beginning of 2023, down from $105 million at the start of 2022. The former president is desperate to raise as much money as possible from MAGA supporters, and his “imminent arrest” prediction may be the catalyst to bring in bigger numbers in time for the Federal Election Commission’s first-quarter fundraising report deadline on March 31.
    Remember folks, you too can get free fake gold bars for $100 and a free t-shirt for $30 per month. What a steal. I mean that literally. Completely robbing the rubes blind.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Remember folks, you too can get free fake gold bars for $100 and a free t-shirt for $30 per month. What a steal. I mean that literally. Completely robbing the rubes blind.
    These are the people who have been buying scented colored paper cut outs, mini patches of magic oil and cut outs of feet from televangelists since the 1980's for 20 to 50 dollars a pop.

Not exactly the hardest target.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The more money he steals from the base, the less that actually goes supporting GOP candidates.

to be fair i dont seem trump bleeding simps out of cash as a bad thing. If people want to spend their cash like that its on them. Same as some dweeb who gives a kid playing video games cash on twitch or some chick selling butthole on onlyfans. If you want to give your cash to a beggar go ahead.

William Calhoun of Americus, no really Georgia has a town called "Americus" like it's Latin and this is the singular of America, as in "some people go to both North and South America, but I only went to North Americus"
    Maybe whoever named the town thought America does not sound manly enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Maybe whoever named the town thought America does not sound manly enough.
    It's literally a dude's name. Amerigo Vespucci.

The embarrassing part is that the dude was Italian, did basically a travelogue of early Spanish and Portugese exploration. He's probably the first to call the Americas the "New World" and not part of Asia, and for that cartographers started naming the continent after him, and Vespucci likely never even knew about it.

It's a pretty ridiculous origin for the names of two of the seven continents of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of name origins are pretty uninspired, especially when it comes to colonialism.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    A lot of name origins are pretty uninspired, especially when it comes to colonialism.
    Still better than being named after a poor girl who got transformed into a cow, raped by a god in bull form and then chased by his wife across the continent disguised as a fly.