Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    And don't get me wrong, this could have caused some damage if these people were anyone but who they were.
    It...did? Have you not seen any of the videos? Officers were ransacked, the building was damaged from windows to doorways to guardrails, property including laptops and hard drives was stolen, the Speakers podium was stolen, someone was killed during the attempted coup, the scaffolding outside for Inaguration prep was damaged, the MAGAts destroyed what looked like tens of thousands worth of CNN camera equipment by smashing them after being fucking retards and trying to set flame-retardant synthetic fiber on fire to start a bonfire.

Seriously, keep reading and learning, because it seems like there's a lot to catch up on.

The more I read about it this morning, the worse my take gets I guess, heh. I just saw some pretty eye-roll headlines about it earlier that make it sound like America almost ended. And don't get me wrong, this could have caused some damage if these people were anyone but who they were.
    In a way America as we know it has ended. Yesterday showed the whole world how flawed and fragile American democracy really is.

It Especially showed the world how American treats minority as second class citizens in all aspects of human rights and constitutional rights.

If yesterday had a group of 100 or less competent terrorist they would have certainly caused major damage to this country and its leaders.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-01-07 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    "Rules for thee, not for me", I see.
    No, I'm saying that people care about the purpose of the protests and the facts of the matter.

Otherwise we might say that people arguing against the election results in the US and in Belarus are equally wrong.

In reality we treat those cases differently - since the actual facts differ: protesting against a stolen election by a dictator isn't the same as protesting against a fairly fair election that a wanna-be-dictator want to overturn.

I mostly agree, except that they were so disorganized. They didn't have an end goal. They didn't even know where the hell they were going. Like you already alluded, the majority of these people are freakin dumb. I just don't see how it's the darkest day in American democracy that capital police were caught off guard and people got into where they shouldn't have been able to.
    The IED’s, attire, and presence of masked terrorists with fist-fulls of zip-ties tells a different story. Sure, there were probably “regular” racist Trump supporters that were in attendance. They were to be used as cover for a far more insidious, pre-meditated attempt at usurping the US government, taking hostages/victims and claiming total power instigated by terrorist gangs like the Proud Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    "A QAnon promoter stormed the Capitol. Now, he's upset people are saying he's 'antifa'":

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/articl...z-15852663.php
    Holy fuck, the "indisputable evidence" screen I talked about came from Trump's lawyer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Well, the first of many Cabinet members to resign. Just happens to be the wife of Bitch, I mean Mitch McConnell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao will resign in protest after a violent mob overran the Capitol after being incited by President Trump, a source with knowledge of her decision said Thursday.

Chao would become the first Cabinet official, and the highest-ranking member of the administration, to resign in the wake of Trump's incendiary rally and its violent aftermath on Wednesday.

"Yesterday, our country experienced a traumatic and entirely avoidable event as supporters of the President stormed the Capitol building following a rally he addressed," Chao wrote in a letter to Transportation Department staff, obtained by The Hill. "As I'm sure is the case with many of you, it has deeply troubled me in a way that I simply cannot set aside."

Her exit is a sharp rebuke of a president who has alienated even some of his closest supporters with his increasingly unhinged rhetoric. Chao has served as Transportation secretary since Trump's inauguration. She served as Secretary of Labor for eight years under President George W. Bush.

Chao is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who spent much of Wednesday locked in an undisclosed and secure location under armed guard as Trump-backing rioters marauded through the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    nah we are just as bad, in the UK people are like 'we civilized the natives and look they all have railways now and beat us at cricket!'

most tories in empires act the same. Look how bad the fucking Australians are lol
    Yeah, Australian government engaged in a lot of extremely questionable behavior, be it in regards to their own indigenous people or in regards to their bouts of neo-colonialism in places like West Papua or East Timor. It just doesn't hit first pages of newspapers in rest of the western world because of how far Australia is from anyone else in that cultural sphere.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    The IED’s, attire, and presence of masked terrorists with fist-fulls of zip-ties tells a different story. Sure, there were probably “regular” racist Trump supporters that were in attendance. They were to be used as cover for a far more insidious, pre-meditated attempt at usurping the US government, taking hostages/victims and claiming total power instigated by terrorist gangs like the Proud Boys.
    Not just any zip ties, the kinds cops use for temporary detentions. They were planning on kidnapping members of Congress.

Also, a box truck with long guns, ammunition, and bomb making supplies found near the RNC offices (where there was an IED found, also at the DNC offices and Capitol building). Also, plenty of pictures of dudes with weighted gloves that were clearly looking for a brawl.

I mean, this was straight up domestic terrorism and there's no way it can be called anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, the first of many Cabinet members to resign. Just happens to be the wife of Bitch, I mean Mitch McConnell.

It should be pointed out that none of the people who are resigning should be given sympathy. They were fully aware that they were subverting the election and damaging American democracy, but only became concerned and decided to show this faux moral outrage when it stopped being politically advantageous to do so.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If they try to discipline Trump over this and remove him from office, there will be widespread revolt across the nation.

If they don't, they are implying it was all justified.

We're gonna need new options. These are all bad.
    Here I thought Neville Chamberlain died in 1940. Didn't expect him to be writing pro-appeasement posts on a gaming web forum 80 years later.

How's life at 151 Neville?

It's really nice to see that even in his last two weeks in office Trump managed to fuel the propaganda machines of brutal autocracies. A proper summation of his trainwreck of a presidency. Delusions,conspiracy theories, enabling neo-Nazis and white supremacists, giving freebies to dictatorships, undermining the US democracy, shitting on US' soft power. All of the worst parts are here, condensed in a rotten cherry on top of the giant shit-cake of four years of his misrule.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post

It's surprising that the wife of the biggest and most spineless partisan hack of modern GOP was the first one to grow a backbone. Emphasis on grow, as she still lacked it for the last four years and what @Magical Mudcrab said is most certainly correct.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-01-07 at 07:15 PM.

Much respect to the countries that frequently receive NED funded color revolutions taking the time to laugh at their frequent attackers expense. I wouldn't expect anything less for them to snicker at least that finally a small taste of what they receive finally takes places in the US.

I find amusing this thread had been created just a few days before what happened in the US capitol...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I find amusing this thread had been created just a few days before what happened in the US capitol...
    kokolums has been posting shit like this for months/years
    /s

https://newrepublic.com/article/1608...pitol-hill-mob

War photographer covering the "patriots" who stormed the White House. Great pictures, and a very similar take from his point of view: They were mad, they didn't expect it to be so easy to get inside, and they had no fuckin clue what to do, no leadership, and generally seemed to just want to cause mischief once their goal of "taking the building" was achieved.

These are children.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    kokolums has been posting shit like this for months/years
    Still the timing and the fact this thread wasn't locked immediately to allow it to still be open is a funny coincident.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Still the timing and the fact this thread wasn't locked immediately to allow it to still be open is a funny coincident.
    The existence of the threat is not a coincidence. But Koko makes the mistake of believing that the existence of Nazi terrorists means, his Civil War theory must be coming true.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

What concerns me is the people who have been organizing and financing these events. There's a lot of evidence that white nationalist groups have been embedded in many different aspects of our society and operating militant groups underground and pushing these campaigns to influence the public's behavior. While these people look like a bunch of idiot larpers, we can't ignore what's happening behind the scenes leading to this situation as it could get much worse.