Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not a single asshole in that protest may call themselves "patriot" ever again.
    Riot/coup attempt*

This never was a protest.

Weapons drawn, reports of a shot fired, not sure if inside the building or not. Several sources say a woman is being treated for a gunshot wound, but no details as to the shooting itself.

this is terrorism and should be treated as such

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Not a single asshole in that protest may call themselves "patriot" ever again.
    Honestly they should take their names down and garnish any Covid Relief checks. Send the money to some HBCUs instead.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm saying tens of thousands of protesters now have 2 options:

1. Overthrow the government.
    2. Go to prison.

They can't go back home, crawl under the warm covers and go back to work tomorrow.
    Given that #1 is not an option that is even potentially on the table, here, they're all just going to go to prison.

There is no possibility that this action can overthrow the US government. None.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There is nothing I can do to stop them at this point.

I put in a billion times more effort to stop this than you, by constantly warning of insurrection and rebellion. Not that this place helped by falsely labeling me a troll and banning me.
    You put in zero effort. You consistently spat conspiracy theories out of your ass and argued that we should pander/appease the extremists because they threatened violence if they didn't get their unreasonable demands/reality didn't change to match what was in their head.

Appeasing terrorist demands isn't stopping anything.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-06 at 08:38 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/s...11349910036487

So the new presiding officer of the US Senate is....guy with bull costume and white power tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post

So the new presiding officer of the US Senate is....guy with bull costume and white power tattoos.

At least the Nazis are readily identifiable, for when they are arrested/charged for federal crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    At least the Nazis are readily identifiable, for when they are arrested/charged for federal crimes.
    I’ve seen interviews with him... he isn’t going to jail... this dude has mental problems...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’ve seen interviews with him... he isn’t going to jail... this dude has mental problems...
    Well, if he wants to plead insanity, I wish him luck!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Already someone dead. This blood is on Trumps hand these terrorist raised a flag to demonstrate their political threat.

Everyone who supported this should be arrested. This is a response to free and fair elections and this war is no upon us.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post

This reminds me of fighting True Sons in the US Capital in the Division 2 (though they didn't were fucking fur and horns.)

I shouldn't be reminded of dystopian video games in daily news.
    Putin khuliyo

Remember these are the people Kokolums wants the left to surrender to and allow to run the nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I mean, after something like this, your options are gonna be "prison" or "committed to a mental institution as a threat to those around them, until such a time as their doctors feel they are are now safe.". The latter generally being a lot harder to get out of.

Good for him.

He is putting Trump and the DoD on the spot with this... trying to quell a Nazi uprising, when the fuhrer refused to do so.

Glad the neighboring states are doing more than *checks notes* the federal government that oversees the district.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual hell did I just see on tele.
    How do people justify this.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    What the actual hell did I just see on tele.
    How do people justify this.
    Easy, they're Nazis.