Damn, pipe bomb just found outside the RNC HQ, which is near the capital. Similar suspicious packages left outside the DNC, but they had already evacuated long before the protests had even begun.

When Hillary lost, conservatives spread pictures of some kids crying about it. I wonder how that will compare to pictures of pipe bombs and fat old men storming the capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    For the record, I wouldn't have my feelings too hurt if members of Meal Team Six and actual military got into a fight somehow.

But all of this, "The cops are evil because they're not hurting enough people!" stuff is just weird. People are talking about tear gas and rubber bullets, but we already have one confirmed actual shooting. I don't know what people want other than more violence.
    The cops were taking selfies with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Damn, pipe bomb just found outside the RNC HQ, which is near the capital. Similar suspicious packages left outside the DNC, but they had already evacuated long before the protests had even begun.

When Hillary lost, conservatives spread pictures of some kids crying about it. I wonder how that will compare to pictures of pipe bombs and fat old men storming the capital?
    When the election was *literally* stolen from gore we didn't storm the capitol. And we had proof. Unlike the republicans.

Holy fuck the police literally just opened the gates for them and let them in lol

https://twitter.com/cevansavenger/st...20924310867968

This is not "police inaction", this is literally the police helping and contributing lol

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're quite happy too that these politicians, Republican and Democrats, had to run in fear today because of a protest by common people.

Sure, they're nazis and whatever else is wrong with them, but just the very deed of these crony politicians having their day disrupted is worth a toast.
    Lets see, put the same ratio of people trying to enter your front door with bad intentions.....and see what you do.

Oh right your mr tough guy when 15 people are knocking your door down ...yup....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Labels is the only thing they have.
    Said the trendy cunt with a badge on their lapel.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-06 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I would appreciate if you didn't misinterpret my intentions so blatantly and carelessly, mister Good-Faith.
    This is NOT a peaceful protest. This is domestic terrorism.

But I don't approve of people being shot to death.
    You can think both things are bad.
    Have a reread of my post.
    "I don't think state violence used on peaceful protestors is anything to cheer for."

I agree with that statement.

That statement has no business being raised in this particular moment, in regards to this particular terrorist act of sedition.

That's the problem with your post.

Edit: If we get more information and it turns out this woman who was shot was shot by a member of the Capitol Police for no reason, sure, I'll agree that it was bad. But it's in the middle of a highly violent event where everyone involved is a law-breaking criminal, and she appears to have been shot in the middle of committing that crime, so I'm gonna err on the side of assuming the shooting, were it by an officer, was legitimate, absent that new information.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-01-06 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    This was as hard as he could be without fanning the flames.

He's more than sick of Trump's shit, you could hear it and see it in his body language when he answered the question about the inauguration.
    I'm sorry but I disagree, we are well past being worried about "fanning the flames". This is a fascist insurrection on the US government and now is not the time to be worried about coming out TOO strongly against it, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't cause people to be angry and to come knocking at my door.

I generally cause 15 people to come cheer at me at my door and give me flowers and kisses. Because I'm not a crony politician.

And everyone clapped.
    Is this in Florida or Brussels? Liars and crooks...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both?

Also why do you ask these dumb questions? Do you enjoy seeing threads spammed with me having to answer dumb questions?
    I don’t know... I want to see who your new character is... being a normies and all... I think it’s fun watching conman gloat...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

For the record, I wouldn't have my feelings too hurt if members of Meal Team Six and actual military got into a fight somehow.

But all of this, "The cops are evil because they're not hurting enough people!" stuff is just weird. People are talking about tear gas and rubber bullets, but we already have one confirmed actual shooting. I don't know what people want other than more violence.
    They wanted the police to do their jobs and prevent the protestors from storming the building, instead of invoking a beauty and the beast song.

Helllllllll yeah

https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240

I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office.

I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.
    This is the kind of response we need right now. Take notes, Joe Biden.

I generally don't cause people to be angry and to come knocking at my door.

I generally cause 15 people to come cheer at me at my door and give me flowers and kisses. Because I'm not a crony politician.

And everyone clapped.
    You're a god at generalising though. So you ahve that going for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "I don't think state violence used on peaceful protestors is anything to cheer for."

I agree with that statement.

That statement has no business being raised in this particular moment, in regards to this particular terrorist act of sedition.

That's the problem with your post.

Edit: If we get more information and it turns out this woman who was shot was shot by a member of the Capitol Police for no reason, sure, I'll agree that it was bad. But it's in the middle of a highly violent event where everyone involved is a law-breaking criminal, and she appears to have been shot in the middle of committing that crime, so I'm gonna err on the side of assuming the shooting, were it by an officer, was legitimate, absent that new information.
    The context of the post was in response to someone who was raising concerns about the cheers for violent action by law enforcement. And they brought up BLM as an example.
    I was prefacing my argument by saying how I don't approve of law enforcement violence against peaceful protesters.

Given the context of the situation, and the entirety of my post, I didn't think I'd have to contextualise which situation I thought was violent and which one I thought was non-violent. Feel free to ask for additional context next time instead of throwing labels around, yes?
    It's not super helpful for discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Play stupid games by trying to force entry to the Senate floor, with a barricaded door and armed guards behind it, win stupid prizes.

I approve of the use of force for traitors attempting to stage a Bud-Lite coup.
    I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal who thinks there's a wide spectrum of force that can be applied in a given situation. I think people are too quick to use their guns most of the time.
    That said, I don't know the circumstances of the shooting. News are still breaking. Like Endus already mentioned, my opinion is also subject to change as more information pours in.

Not really going to go anywhere, though.
    Probably not but painting this situation as just a few bad apples in the Republican party is definitely not going to go anywhere either, though.

I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal who thinks there's a wide spectrum of force that can be applied in a given situation. I think people are too quick to use their guns most of the time.
    Did you see the pictures?

They literally had desks and chairs barricading the doors to prevent people from entering and people were trying to break through the glass to force entry.

What exactly should they have done when violent insurrectionists try to take the Capitol building?

That said, I don't know the circumstances of the shooting.
    Then check it out before discussing it?

Just posting more examples of cops not doing a damn thing about this and enabling them

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/sta...24232828092418

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Helllllllll yeah

https://twitter.com/RepCori/status/1346926083350794240

This is the kind of response we need right now. Take notes, Joe Biden.
    I never though I would be happy with somebody named Bush, yet here we are.

Not really going to go anywhere, though.
    I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office.

I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.
    If this only takes a simple majority, then democrats can make it happen. They have to at least try.

At this point there absolutely HAS to be consequences to these actions. It would be unwise for this to be just glossed over as something to be forgotten.

Whatever the outcome of these specific events will be tonight, the United States of America that everyone alive today knew up to this point is done.

We cannot pretend that we can just return to normal. What's left of our democracy will slip away unless we actually undertake a significant constitutional reform.

Electoral, political, law enforcement, gun control etc related reforms.

The Democratic Party either begins this process now, or this country is gone.

And Republicans who actually even tangentially still believe in America and democracy need to abandon the party. Start a new one. The RNC as is, must go.