Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Denying books that provide guidlines to criminal activity is a line I'd draw.

The posts parler got shunned for weren't promoted. They were from individuals, and threatening violence is against parler's terms. Soon as a mod saw them they should've been deleted. Problem is, these posts are so easy to fake.

Step 1. Create account
    Step 2. fedpost
    Step 3. screenshot

Many such cases.

I think youtube should be removed from appstores. Here's why:
    1. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/youtu...4AXwZOfcvNoA9D

Wait... Google owns both the play store AND youtube? That's not fair...
    But, they weren't deleted... which is the point.

Let me know when you realize you've successfully argued against yourself.

Ex-wife identified Air Force vet who stormed Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs

Ex-wife identified Air Force vet who stormed Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs

The retired Air Force vet who stormed the Senate floor with zip-tie handcuffs amid a pro-Trump insurrection Wednesday was positively identified thanks to a tip from his ex-wife.

Texas resident Larry Rendall Brock, 53, wore a green military helmet and body armor in dramatic photos showing him among the insurrectionists who made it all the way to the Capitol’s inner sanctums, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s private office, federal prosecutors said Sunday.

According to an FBI affidavit, Brock’s ex-wife saw one of the images, recognized his face and alarming ensemble and picked up the phone.

Nobody likes a Nazi.

Take away his government retirement. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? What's the problem?

The right to freedom of speech is not a right to be heard. It's a right to scream into the void without legal consequence. That's it. It has never meant you had any right to any audience or distribution or broadcast.

Want companies to support you and your message? Have a message they want to support. Otherwise, shove off and do it yourself.
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Take away his government retirement. Now.
    Any vet/active duty personnel there should be dishonorably discharged. No benefits. No VA. No military funeral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    True, but that said: there are significant issues with a small number of private for-profit companies being the de facto gatekeepers to the information and communication that such a vast swath of people interact with.
    That's a regulatory issue for governments to handle, not a Free Speech issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s an argument to make it a public utility, not one that hinders their ability to moderate their own product.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Any vet/active duty personnel there should be dishonorably discharged. No benefits. No VA. No military funeral.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a regulatory issue for governments to handle, not a Free Speech issue.
    Absolutely. Take away security clearances, remove them from the GI Bill, and make sure they get no government benefits from their service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "Twitter bans for inciting violence should last for months or years not hours."
    - Andrew Yang

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...73832951656449

"Polarization and violence will continue to rise unless we address social media’s cultivation of extremity and conspiracy theories. Fake news spreads 6 times more powerfully than truth on social media. That is a landscape that will breed mistrust and hatred."
    - Andrew Yang

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/statu...76917821227010
    His ups can make me overlook his downs. No such thing as a perfect candidate. On the bright side he isn't biased when he talks about extremism & conspiracy theories. He's the type of guy to look at the statistics to determine if something is true. Hell, he acknowledged declining white birthrates https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewyan...42292527874048

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    So, you've been arguing for pages about how Parler shouldn't have been shut down...and you didn't even bother to find out the reason why?
    No I came into this thread with an article about world leaders being against the president's twitter ban. Didn't care much about parler since Gab is superior in every way. It just came up in conversation.

His ups can make me overlook his downs. No such thing as a perfect candidate. On the bright side he isn't biased when he talks about extremism & conspiracy theories. He's the type of guy to look at the statistics to determine if something is true. Hell, he acknowledged declining white birthrates https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewyan...42292527874048

- - - Updated - - -

No I came into this thread with an article about world leaders being against the president's twitter ban. Didn't care much about parler since Gab is superior in every way. It just came up in conversation.
    You didn't even know why they got booted...

Man, imagine your embarrassment. You've been shilling for Nazis based on a false narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would vehemently disagree that they're the gatekeepers to information and communication. If you're getting all your info from Youtube or Twitter, you're not actually interested in informing yourself in the first place.

Even the communication methods they offer are pretty niche. It's become a very popular niche, to be sure, but there's definitely alternatives. A lot of this "but they control communication" is like when people say "but where am I gonna buy clothes if I'm banned from Wal-Mart?" Yes, Wal-Mart is big and convenient, but they're hardly the only source.

My issues with such companies goes a lot deeper, and if we wanna go there, we're gonna get into a debate about worker collectives versus private ownership and so forth. Which is pretty wildly off-topic. I don't see the size itself as a problem. Nor do I see their communication streams to be somehow a necessity. I've gotten through my life without an effective Facebook account just fine, and my Youtube and Twitter usage is entirely as a browser, not someone using it as a platform. A lot of this "but they're big communication angles" just smacks of a "want", not a "need".

If a single company was controlling all the rentable apartments in a city and was jacking rents through the roof, that would be a different story. That's really not what we're talking about, here, especially with something like Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't even know why they got booted...

Man, imagine your embarrassment. You've been shilling for Nazis based on a false narrative.
    No i've been shilling for Joe

I knew they had posters threaten violence on their platform, I thought they had deleted them to follow their own TOS. If they can't even follow their own terms they were destined to fail.

No i've been shilling for Joe

I knew they had posters threaten violence on their platform, I thought they had deleted them to follow their own TOS. If they can't even follow their own terms they were destined to fail.
    They did follow it.

Joe who?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did follow it.

Joe who?
    Since they're offline their TOS is gone but I found an article that grabbed the relevant part. They too noticed that the website couldn't uphold its own TOS
    "(R)eported parleys, comments, or messages sent using our service will be deemed a violation of these Guidelines if they contain:
    6.1.1 a “serious expression of an intent to commit an act of unlawful violence to a particular individual or group of individuals,” with either the intent or reckless disregard as to whether the communication will “place the victim in fear of bodily harm or death.”

6.1.2 an explicit or implicit encouragement to use violence, or to commit a lawless action, such that: (a) the Parleyer intends his or her speech to result in the use of violence or lawless action, and (b) the imminent use of violence or lawless action is the likely result of the parley, comment, or message."

Joe Mama

Since they're offline their TOS is gone but I found an article that grabbed the relevant part. They too noticed that the website couldn't uphold its own TOS
    "(R)eported parleys, comments, or messages sent using our service will be deemed a violation of these Guidelines if they contain:
    6.1.1 a “serious expression of an intent to commit an act of unlawful violence to a particular individual or group of individuals,” with either the intent or reckless disregard as to whether the communication will “place the victim in fear of bodily harm or death.”

6.1.2 an explicit or implicit encouragement to use violence, or to commit a lawless action, such that: (a) the Parleyer intends his or her speech to result in the use of violence or lawless action, and (b) the imminent use of violence or lawless action is the likely result of the parley, comment, or message."

Joe Mama
    So, shitposting... just to shill for Nazis.

Yep, I'm glad I had you pegged from the very beginning.

10+ Year Old Account

Joe Mama
    Because that TOS is deliberately phrased to be completely useless. What quantifiable measure are you using to determine if an expression of intent is "serious" or not? How do you objectively measure intent? If they don't want to ban anyone, they can just say they don't have evidence of either (since one is subjective and the other would require mind-reading), and that gives them an excuse to take no action.

Not taking action by those terms would be entirely justifiable, in legal terms. Just not in, y'know, ethical or basic human decency terms.

You'll notice I didn't say anything about how you came into this thread... I said you were arguing against the parler shut down for pages...

How you entered the thread is irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    And trespassing laws only apply to real life property. Backpedal more.
    The law and the courts disagree with you. Move along.

Also, the tricky thing about free speech is there's a thin red line between free speech and sedition/insurrection. Trump committed the latter, so even if you were right about only physical property counting (which you're hilariously not) Trump committed a crime anyway, and Twitter took action.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a big fan of the constitution,
    Judging by your posting history, this is a lie and an affront to the constitution.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You'll notice I didn't say anything about how you came into this thread... I said you were arguing against the parler shut down for pages...

How you entered the thread is irrelevant.
    Bruh all of my posts in here have been about the the ability to post freely, parlor hasn't been brought up til very recently. idgaf about parlol it's gone now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    sedition/insurrection.
    Yooo, is this the new and improved russian collusion nothingburger?

Bruh all of my posts in here have been about the the ability to post freely, parlor hasn't been brought up til very recently. idgaf about parlol it's gone now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yooo, is this the new and improved russian collusion nothingburger?
    Enjoy!!!

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

just in case you feel like lying, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy!!!

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

just in case you feel like lying, again.
    Trump's going to jail for sure after this one